Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

SpoonfulofBromide posted:

Then why didn't she just tell me that. NO is one word. I would have taken it a lot better than these mind games. You see how well I'm taking this right now. I'd much rather be doing something productive than being kicked to the curb and laughed at by every goon on here. I'm surprised motherfucking slowbeef hasn't come in here yet to tell everyone what a jerkass i am.

To anyone who calls me out for asking her to contact someone for me, I KNOW I WAS WRONG AND I REGRET IT ENTIRELY. I apologized to her myself about it. It was selfish. I am evil. I GET IT. Like I said, shoot me. I'm obviously half dead roadkill to you people.

Did you ever ask her outright "Are you going to draw my comic, yes or no?".

Okay OP, here is what you do:

1. Get therapy
2. Find someone new to draw your comic
3. Don't be friends, be business partners. Don't tell them your life story. Don't force your issues onto them.
4. Make a loving contract.

The artist obviously fled because you told her too much loving information. She just wanted to make some money, not listen to some sad sack tell them about their life's problems. This person is not your friend, your acquaintance. They are a business partner and that's that. Artists taking commissions get weird poo poo asked of them all the time. If the client is a pain to work with, or is a mess, they say "gently caress it" and go somewhere else. You are a bad client OP. Business is business, leave it at that.

Also, who loving cares if this former artists comes in here to spread whatever horrible info they have on you (that you apparently told them after knowing them super briefly?). The internet doesn't care. Your parents aren't going to magically know. The only person who cares is you. If it is that loving awful, maybe you shouldn't tell random acquaintances?

Lastly, what is this problem that some random person on a job listing site could fix? Quit being so cagey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

OP why can't you just forget about this situation and write a book?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Okay OP. Some bad stuff happened.

But what the hell do you want the thread to do? I don't get what you want out of this. Do you just want someone to pat you on the back and agree with you on everything?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

TheOnlyStarFish posted:

Thanks to Queen Elizatits for leeting me know I late to my own drama.

Hello E/N, I'm TheOnlyStarFish and I am the artist that SpoonfulofBromide is talking about. I've only read up to page 4 of this thread, and I just can't keep up when people keep editing their post. Sorry.

But I'm here to defend my good name! I'm not going to go into too much detail because I think Spoonful needs professional help and posting all the interactions would be cruel.

Spoonful wanted to launch his comic off the back of a bunch of Drama he had started with some other better know web comic artist. He faked being a trans woman who was obsessed with, the now dead, comic 'Shredded Moose.' He sent crazy tumblr messages to some comic book artist about how Shredded Moose was taken down by a SJW-conspiracy. Proof Spoonful let me in that this was all a joke but now I think its just how he really feels about things.

I told Spoonful to drop the drama bit, and just to start fresh. He agreed but still remained OBSESSED WITH SHREDDED MOOSE. For a few days things were fine, I agreed to do the comic for $25 a comic and 50% of any money that was made off the comic. That isn't A LOT but I thought it could be a cute project to do between other things and could help me network with more people. (something I'm terrible at)

Spoon would chit chat with me a bit (Too much sometimes thought) about the concept for the comic, and I didn't mind. Then would talk day to day things, and I could see my 19 year old self in Spoonful with how dramatic he could be. So I tried to give some advice I wish I would have gotten when I was 19 and very over the top with my emotions. Like I said earlier, I was doing this more to network and make friends with in the web comic world.

This all came to a head Yesterday when Spoonful wanted me to contact the artist behind Shredded Moose, Brian Krumm. I'm still 100% sure what he want to talk about, but he keep saying the Brian wouldn't believe him and would believe me, because I have a professional presence online. But I put my foot down and told Spoonful he need to put on his big boy pants and do this himself. And if Brian turned him down he need to get over it. I don't like contacting people on behalf of myself, there is no way I'm doing it for anyone else.

Spoonful keep switching between being REALLY PUSHY and saying OVERLY DRAMATIC THINGS, some of which you've seen here. I told him he was making me uncomfortable and just to drop it. He said he knew I would block him and leave him like everyone did. Then I told him yes, I was going to. But before I left, I told him to get help.

I never made ANY MONEY from Spoonful, and I drew one little piece of art. He never once sent me a REAL SCRIPT even though he said he had written hundreds.

SpoonfulofBromide, drop this drama and please get help!!

Everyone else, if you have any questions just post them!

"They all say I'm mad but I'm not mad!"

Get help.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Maybe he's in love with the Shredded Moose guy and he's uncomfortable with himself having feelings for a dude?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Dude you are fixating and obsessing, classic signs of something not going right in your mind. You aren't thinking clearly and are being irrational. At this point, nothing we say in this thread is going to benefit you in any way. Please seek professional help.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

But she isn't vilifying you? She's as confused as we are! She isn't enjoying it. She wanted to get paid but you had to go too far.

I don't even know why I post. You are completely irrational and are in your own world.

What did you want from the Shredded Moose guy anyway?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Don't flatter yourself. Why do you think I'm a psychotic killer huh? I wanted my webcomic drawn for money. You're just a terrible person who's jealous of my attitude. You wish you wish you could think the way I do, unbiased against anything but you can't and that's why you're in obscurity like you were bitching me to about. I was taking a chance, putting myself out there along with my gender identity and you just slammed me down because you're more insecure than me.

I'm just going to quote every post of his because this is a person having a mental breakdown/episode.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Spiffo posted:

List of things that MONSTER STARFISH rear end in a top hat FUCKER did to ruin the OP's entire life:

1. Didn't want to draw the comic anymore
2. Didn't email that shredded moose guy (which the OP could have done themself)

how do you sleep at night

She also told him to get help. Clearly a monster.

Edit: Here is another post from the OP where he says he's 35. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3602960

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Since it got lost on the last page, here is another post by the OP where he says he's 35 and remains a bad troll or something. I honestly haven't got a clue. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3602960

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Can Abe or someone get a hold of this kid's parents so they can give him his medication or something?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Listen, Starfish didn't know how important this was to me. Any of it. My god stop talking to me about therapy and talk to me like a normal human being.

We would if you acted IN ANY WAY like a normal human being. Do you think how you are acting is normal??

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

This is how I'm gonna be, TheOnlyStarFish, living in a fantasy to escape people like you. I'm so sad I shared my dream with somebody who crumpled it up and threw it away.

I guess this is justified somehow? I don't appreciate the loving anime art mocking something I visualized in my head and dreamed about.

He loving DREAMED about that steampunk treadmill!

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I just said I was multi-tasking with it. She was going to be my author insert like Brew but she and I were both going to have differing opinions, just like Brew and his creator.

But I thought she was how you pictured yourself as a transgendered individual? Or are you just so loving in love with lovely Shredded Moose that you have to ape it completely?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I don't care about Shredded Moose's authors and I wish them the best with their careers. I just liked the comic (ironically except for the cool art) and was sad it died such a vile death. That's all. Now it's legacy is only folklore on the internet, I kinda wanted to check with them if I could read it again. That was it.

And what about asking them if you could read the comic again was so CRAZY that you couldn't ask the SM guy yourself?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Uh its not a knock off. I wrote all the jokes myself and second, the art looks like what starfish posted in my opinion. Not Shredded Moose.

Why are you going to use her design if she is, as you put it, an evil monstrous bitch?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Is this really just a method of getting fame and attention, having a webcomic about your views on whatever? Do you really just want love and recognition?

Because if that is what you want, you don't want to write a webcomic. Trust me on this.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I can't tell anymore if they are a sad troll or just sad. Please look into professional help either way.

Edit: God, being compared to Ryan Sohmer would cause most people to seek therapy.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Okay OP, I was looking back at the first page and you posted this:

4. We started talking about our personal lives and I brought up something personal that was traumatizing me. They seemed like they cared so I told them more. They actually had the ability to stop this trauma from continuing

How is not being able to read Shredded Moose, a webcomic you ironically enjoy, traumatizing? How were you having trauma by not reading a webcomic?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Reading back over the thread, the OP's emotions run the gamut. We start out worried and scared, followed by self hate and persecution. Then the anger starts and flares and goes bananas. Then the anger falls and an air of better-than-thou and indifference pops up. Then the OP becomes direct with information instead of hiding it. And now the OP is pleading, hoping.

You have some serious issues kiddo.

Imagine a world where your favorite franchise disappeared completely and everyone hates it, even the authors. That's how I feel.

I'm still insisting its as "bad funny" as the The Room is "bad funny" (I enjoy the room)

Your favorite franchise is a series of lovely misogynistic webcomics. It isn't Lord of the loving Rings here.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Here OP I drew your self insert, gimme a dollar.

You have two hours before Dark Souls 2 comes out. Could you wrap up this meltdown maybe?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

No, I'm going to be a fitness trainer and help people get in shape. I think I'm gonna do that in September and put all my money towards it cuz I don't think I have a comic anymore.

Oh man someone get Shine in here! Maybe he can draw your webcomic while lifting a couch.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

You did this to yourself duder.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

What is even going on anymore.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Fuego Fish posted:

I used to be John Solomon and I helped to orchestrate the destruction of Shredded Moose. If I had known that it would have caused this whole debacle

I would have done it sooner.

I haven't read Shredded Moose but for the few strips posted here and I really want to shake your hand.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I hope your happy Kris. YOU WIN.

You win, you win, you win, you win, you win, you win, you win, YOU WIN, you win, you win, you win, you win, you win, you win, you win

you win all that my life was for the last half a year. now, i'm an empty husk of a person with no reason to exist at all. you win.

If your whole life is writing a webcomic, then man do you have one sad little life.

Anyway, I'm going to go pick up Dark Souls 2 and enjoy my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

So I went and got Dark Souls 2. Did I miss anything? No? Great.

OP if your whole life is revolving around a webcomic, you need to find a hobby. Something productive. Channel this energy into something else fulfilling.

• Locked thread