Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The latest Iteration of TUF will be premiering 3/9 at 12pm est. Available only on Fight Pass

Your coaches for this season are:
Mumble mouthed goblin with lack of self control - Wanderlei Silva

And everyone's favorite smooth talkin, felony havin, TRT takin, stylin, profilin, wheelin n' dealin son of a gun - Chael Sonnen

This TUF season will follow the normal format as 32 fighters from the middleweight and heavyweight divisions will fight to get into the house. The fighters will then be divided into two teams of eight, led by enemies Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen. Chael and Wanderlei have beef because Chael told jokes about Brazil to hype his fights, The type of jokes any moron would realize were jokes for self promotion, but honorable Brazilian crusader Wanderlei Silva has routinely flown into angry fits over Chael's antics and will fight for the pride of Brazil I guess. Despite the possibility of the contestants being branded traitors for training with/being selected by Sonnen, early reports leaked that a lot of the fighters had warmed up to Chael and wanted him as their coach. Who would have figured that fighters would prefer a level-headed guy who can accurately explain all aspects of fighting well (including wrestling) over someone who beats up teens at his academy and spars like he's fighting for his life?

Lots of buzz was created when reports of Chael and Wanderlei getting into an honest to goodness fight on set surfaced. People have said it's zuffa staging, but from the twitter reports and the fact that Wanderlei couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag and is prone to rage, I doubt that's the case. Get hyped here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJD6aJXQo0M

Your roster for this season

HEAVYWEIGHTS :

Alexandre "Big Baby" Machado (6-1-0), 30, Niterói, RJ
Antonio Carlos Junior "Face Shoe" (3-0-0), 23, João Pessoa, PB
Antonio Paulo Branjão "Mountain" (3-0-0), 25, Uba, MG
Bruno Silva "Armored" (9-4-0), 24, João Pessoa, PB
Edgar Castaldelli Son "Magrão" (12-4-0), 34, Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Ewerton Rock "Giant" (3-1-0), 31, Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Diego Felipe Dantas de Oliveira "Monster" (6-0-0), 31, Natal, RN
Fernando Camolês (4-1-0), 27, São Caetano do Sul, SP
Goncalo Salgado (7-2-0), 33, Portugal
Guilherme Viana (4-1-0), 27, Porto Alegre, RS
Job Kleber Melo "Cape Job" (3-1-0), 34, Rio de Janeiro , RJ
Jollyson Sosaleta Francisco (2-0-2), 30, Recife, PE
Marcos Rogerio de Lima "Bigfoot" (11-2-2), 28, São Paulo, SP
Richardson Moreira (7-1-0), 29, Campinas, SP
Thiago " Big Monster " (11-3-1), 26 , Rio de Janeiro , RJ
Vitor Miranda " Lex Luthor " (9-3-0 ), 34, Joinville, SC

MIDDLEWEIGHTS :

Cristiano Ribeiro Lopes Pontes "Rust" (4-1-0), 34, Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Douglas Moura Silva (3-1-0), 29, Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Giuliano Brescianini Arante (5-1-0), 29, Campo Grande, MS
Guilherme Vasconcelos " Bomba" (3-1-0), 27, Belo Horizonte, MG
Ismael de Jesus "Groundhog" (9-4-1), 33, Goiania, GO
Joilton Santos "The Pilgrim" (9-2-1), 21, Campina Grande, PB
José Roberto Rocha ( 6-0-0 ), 26, Uba, MG
Marcio Alexandre Junior "Lyoto" (11-0-0), 24, Florianópolis, SC
Marcus Perez Echeimberg " Maluko " ( 3-0-0 ) , 24 , São Paulo, SP
Paulo Henrique Costa " rubberband " ( 3-0-0 ) , 22 , Belo Horizonte, MG
Pedro Paulino " Vinegar " ( 3-0-0 ) , 29 , Corumbá, MS
Ricardo Abreu " Demented " ( 4-0-0 ) , 29 , São Paulo, SP
Wagner Silva Gomes " Wagnão " ( 3-0-0 ) , 26 , Viçosa, MG
Warlley Alves de Andrade ( 6-0-0 ) , 22 , Governador Valadares, MG
Wendell Oliveira Marques ( 23-7-0 ), 31, Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Willian Steindorf ( 3-0-0 ), 26, Porto Alegre, RS

What You Should Expect
-Bad fights
-Really bad heavyweight fights (but at least they will be funny)
-Horrible product placement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3zf9mKyC2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V2in_2zE-0
-Dumb fits of rage from Wanderlei and the contestants
-Chael outsmarting Wanderlei

Why You Should Watch
-Chael Sonnen
-Heavyweights
-The "big fight" between Chael and Wanderlei
-

quote:

Coaches will have the help of assistant coaches, and the strengthening of world champions Isabel Salgado (beach volleyball) and Hortencia Marcari (basketball) , respectively.
-Because there's no way this can be worse than TUF China, TUF Nations, Or TUF Rousey vs Tate. At it's worst this season will be a hilarious palate cleanser

Chael vs Wand fight preview

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The first two episodes should be up tonight.

e- Also this is how much the UFC cares about TUF brazil winners apparently

quote:

Produced in Brazil by Forest Productions, The Ultimate Fighter ® Brazil already crowned the winners Ron and Jason Cezar Mutant, in the first edition,
Remember Ron and Jason Cezar Mutant? Oh wait, I mean Rony Jason and Cezar Mutante.

e2- If a mod could change Wanderei in the thread title to Wanderlei that would be great.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 10, 2014

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

So is anyone actually able to find the episode in Fight Pass? I thought it went up 10 minutes ago but I'm not seeing it under the TUF: Brazil header or anywhere else, and the banner ad with a link to the preview episode takes me to a dead page.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Bluedeanie posted:

So is anyone actually able to find the episode in Fight Pass? I thought it went up 10 minutes ago but I'm not seeing it under the TUF: Brazil header or anywhere else, and the banner ad with a link to the preview episode takes me to a dead page.

Goes up in a little less than 3 hours. 12AM/9PM EDT/PDT.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Oooh, sorry. I read the 9 in passing and thought that was the eastern time. My bad.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

First episode just went up

http://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-tufbrazil-301

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

They've got female basketball and volleyball players acting as guest coaches for each team (???)

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

They've got female basketball and volleyball players acting as guest coaches for each team (???)

I read it on an official UFC dispatch about the show. It's also where they told me Ron won season one and that the show would be available at 10pm so who knows.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Bluedeanie posted:

Yeah not understanding that part at all. Also guess this is uncensored since Wandy calls Chael a motherfucker 10 times in the first two minutes.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Almost a soccer kick to finish the first fight awesome

e: actually on the replay looks like his knee hit the floor first

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
UFC fight pass, why do you exist?

I can't watch live events, I can't watch TUF. This is a service I have paid for.

Also uncle chael lied to me when he said I could view this on fight pass.

turntabler fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 10, 2014

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Jollyson Francisco looks like a heavyweight Machida

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Fentry posted:

Yeah not understanding that part at all. Also guess this is uncensored since Wandy calls Chael a motherfucker 10 times in the first two minutes.

I'm guessing it's forced cross-promotion with the Brazilian sport channel that's airing this there.

And the Brazil TUF's haven't been censored on US webcasts because it's not for TV broadcast here. The Portuguese dialogue still gets bleeped iirc

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

The background of Shoe Face's nickname is that his chin is as big as a shoe.

e: so far this is only the first half of the elimination fights. Are they posting the other half today or next week?

Lloyd Boner fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 10, 2014

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
My guess is that they wanted coaches on TUF Brazil as inexperienced as the fighters on TUF China, hence the volley and basketball people.

Also, I really wanted Chael to be identified as a RUDO if Wandy was the Tecnico

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wtf? I thought this poo poo was meant to be available. gently caress you UFC.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

BlindSite posted:

Wtf? I thought this poo poo was meant to be available. gently caress you UFC.

What this guy said.

If I want to watch this I can: download it illegally.

Those are my options.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
So did they show anything yet or is it just the qualifier fights so far?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

1st AD posted:

So did they show anything yet or is it just the qualifier fights so far?

Qualifiers

Not particularly good/funny enough to watch either

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

vainman posted:

Qualifiers

Face Shoe's victory is reason enough to watch :colbert:

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!

vainman posted:

Qualifiers

False, first fight had a knockout that was very funny.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

False, first fight had a knockout that was very funny.

Yes, not sure how they failed to see the pride rules soccer kick that finished it. Poor Portuguese dood.

Are women's volleyball & basketball really popular in Brazil or something? You'd have thought they could get retired footballers or something, or just maybe some more recent sportswomen.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Should I buy FightPass for this? (I am watching TUF Canada vs Australia).

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

tesilential posted:

Should I buy FightPass for this? (I am watching TUF Canada vs Australia).

Depends where you live, it's blacked out in a lot of countries.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Just watched the first episode and here are my thoughts.

The two women coaches was an odd choice to add to the show. They didn't have a 100% understanding of the rules, and then they were shown as very motherly. When there was a bloody fight, the two women coaches were the only ones shown that cared that the fight was stopped. One said she was going to leave when a fighter was in an armbar and didn't tap. Just completely different than Ronda or Meisha who are monsters and enjoy fights.

It is a web episode, so I don't know why all of the fights weren't shown in their entirety. Its not like they had to fit the web video to a certain time slot.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The show is broadcast on TV in Brazil.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I don't know why everyone is so mystified by these lady coaches. I think it's a funny cool idea. Maybe it's a cynical grab at lady viewers? Or more male ones?

Anything that gets us back to the Socratic perfect form of the UFC1 broadcast crew is good.

I can't wait until I can buy a Time Sonnen jersey.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I don't know why everyone is so mystified by these lady coaches. I think it's a funny cool idea. Maybe it's a cynical grab at lady viewers? Or more male ones?

Anything that gets us back to the Socratic perfect form of the UFC1 broadcast crew is good.

But the women coaches were all "eeww blood, this is too brutal for my sensitive self to handle"

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 11, 2014

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah me too, this will be my first and only MMA apparel purchase and I'll probably regret it a lot.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
The first fight of this show gives me high hopes for some funny stuff from the heavyweights this season. Between that and Chael this will probably be the most entertaining TUF in a while.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

1st AD posted:

Yeah me too, this will be my first and only MMA apparel purchase and I'll probably regret it a lot.

I bought the first Team Sonnen jersey, I wear it over a hoodie when I want to wear the same hoodie two days in a row but don't want anyone to know. The Brazil version will be my summer garb lol.

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?
Was it really necessary to translate the poo poo the coaches are yelling during the fight? It's annoying having captions you can't switch off right over top of the fighters, and its just 100 permutations of "That's your game! Develop upon it!!!"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

world b lee posted:

Was it really necessary to translate the poo poo the coaches are yelling during the fight? It's annoying having captions you can't switch off right over top of the fighters, and its just 100 permutations of "That's your game! Develop upon it!!!"

DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I wish this was an American version of TUF with Sonnen and anyone (Wandy would be fine). Hes such a good coach and entertaining guy that I hate seeing him wasted on such drivel. American TUF is usually awful, but every other country's so far has been so loving terrible that I'd rather watch Bellator's Fight Master with its shadows and sadness.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

turntabler posted:

Depends where you live, it's blacked out in a lot of countries.

the only one that matters, :911:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I bought the first Team Sonnen jersey, I wear it over a hoodie when I want to wear the same hoodie two days in a row but don't want anyone to know. The Brazil version will be my summer garb lol.

Down here in FL, wearing a hoodie several days in a row is not a faux pass or gross, so long as it is cold out (i.e. you're not sweating in it.) Most of us don't have much winter clothes.

Guess I'll try out Fight Pass, are the 2 fight pass exclusive events available to watch yet?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Wearing a hoodie in FL seems like a death wish.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

tesilential posted:

Guess I'll try out Fight Pass, are the 2 fight pass exclusive events available to watch yet?

Fight Pass events are available immediately for streaming, you can even start an event from the beginning if you're late and switch to the live feed at any point.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Psycho purple hair guy was so convinced he was going to win...then he lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

PaganGoatPants posted:

Psycho purple hair guy was so convinced he was going to win...then he lost.

I was real impressed by how skilled they were at not tipping off who's going to win just based on their little profile. Maybe has to do with Brazil as an audience having different tip offs for "You should like this guy".

• Locked thread