Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Dark Souls is so hardcore man, it's unreal. It's brutal, just brutal! So I want to see how it would look as a more casual and gamer-friendly game.

Dark Souls 2 is releasing tomorrow on consoles and next month on PC so the timing is perfect for a big contest!

Prizes:
  • The top TWO entrants win a copy of Dark Souls 2 for a platform of their choice, courtesy of Something Awful!
    (Alternate equivalent-value prizes are available for top-two finishers who are either hardcore gamers that already preordered Dark Souls 2, or counterintuitive gamers that don't care about this release, even though they're posting Photoshops of it in a thread about it!)
  • For other podium spots - forum upgrades and/or a custom forums smilie which can be Dark Souls-themed if you want (or whatever).

Some ideas:
  • Photoshop Dark Souls characters/enemies into casual games.
  • Change the game's genre into something way more casual.
  • Make the game easier with casual mechanics, handholding etc.
  • What if Dark Souls was made by a mainstream studio like Bioware, Activision, PopCap etc.?

This contest ends Thursday at 5 p.m. central. Good luck and I can't wait to see your entries!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Hey guys just a last shoutout that a little less than 5 hours are left for the entries. I'd like to remind you that there are TWO copies of Dark Souls 2 to win and forum upgrades/smilies.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'd also like to thank you guys for participating in the thread. Thanks!

• Locked thread