Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

DrPain posted:

UNLV, my Alma Mater

Got any Guy Fieri stories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Wait, your shop is in Vegas and you don't have your own show? Counting Pawn Restorations

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I just bought a TJ Wrangler with 185K on the clock that's exhibiting symptoms of low fuel pressure (hard starts, stuttering under acceleration when cold, sluggish up hills) and I wish I could try replacing a $5-10 filter before dropping the tank. IDGI.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

kastein posted:

Nope, all 97 and later Jeeps have a combo check valve, FPR, and filter module that costs $75+ and (as you already know) the tank has to be dropped to get at it.

[derail]

Thanks for the heads-up on that; I got a new pump module, figuring the pump sock was the only filter in the system (and also LOL gauge accuracy). Didn't know there was a real filter in the system.

[/derail]

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

DrPain posted:

Comedy option: I like to give bucephalus a challenge.

Oh, you. :allears:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

DrPain posted:

I suspect Toyota chose to service the inner tie rod as part of the rack & pinion assembly just to make extra money in the service department.

This has long been accepted as truth amongst DIY mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
You're fortunate to have never seen a passenger car with Hydroboost, because that would mean you're working on an Olds diesel.

• Locked thread