Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I copied a bunch of information posted on 4chan and compiled it into a more readable format, basically it is an incomplete listing of weapons, spells and where to get them.

Spells: http://pastebin.com/EjsXX1su
Weapons: http://pastebin.com/3t5hief8

Here is another information dump on covenants:

http://pastebin.com/2sSJqqfd

I am disappointed that apparently like dark souls 1, you need to give stuff to covenants one at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
gently caress Gamestop, i show up ask to pick up my preorder of DS2 Collectors edition, only to be told they didn't get enough copies to cover the amount of preorders.

What the gently caress is even the point of pre-ordering?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
gently caress you gamestop, not only were you not able to get my collectors edition, but you can't even get me a copy of the armor edition. Instead i am stuck with a regular version. :smith:

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
The white knight in the forest of giants, what if i kill him? Is he important later?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
The falchion feels really bad compared to its Dark Souls 1 equivalent. It feels slower than a bastard sword which just doesn't make much sense to me.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Is there a point to lighting torches?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

inthesto posted:

Okay, I've been stuck on The Pursuer for a while now. I can tell he's obviously a gimmick boss, but loving hell I can't figure out what the gimmick is.

Anyone got some tips?

There are ballistas what can you do with them?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

inthesto posted:

Get beaten in the face while I try to figure out the controls for using it? :(

You should be able to run into the area just run to one of them press x, and press X again.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Does anyone have any tips for beating those loving turtle knights? They feel extremely strong for this early in the game. Blocking any of their hits is basically a death sentence.

Even worse is just even peeking my head out of the bonfire at solider's rest results in aggroing two of them. Who promptly destroy me.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I just got invaded for the first time ever, in Heides Tower of Flame.

I attacked him with my +3 flame sword for a grand loving total of 8 damage, before he turned around and 1 shotted me with some fire magic. I thought From was going to fix the whole that guy has completely non legitimate stats for his level.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
If you didn't grab the pyromancy glove in the ship are you basically screwed out of it forever? I examined something and now i am kicked out of the ship

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Does anyone know where does the merchant in the underground cave with the pirate ship go? After beating that areas boss, he didn't go to majula

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Honestly a few things i noticed is that:

- Your player produces an aura of light around him, which throws off alot of the lighting (which wasn't in the E3 Demo)
- The more light sources you light in an area the more pronounced a lot of shadows become
- Changing the games brightness so you cannot actually see the image on the right makes it look a lot better.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Dominic White posted:

It's a mid/late game area. There are some absolutely gorgeous areas on the console version (Majula especially), but some of the later-game castles and mansions are a series of nearly un-lit monochrome boxes. Just been flicking through Lobos' recording to confirm, and yeah, the level of detail is all over the place.

Edit: Looking at gameplay footage, I notice a lot of the castle areas are entirely enclosed indoors areas with NO LIGHT SOURCES. Literally no torches, no chandeliers, just this faint blue-grey directionless lighting field.

Have a look for yourself. (No real spoilers for a few minutes here)

Go light some torches in there and it ends up looking completely different.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Dominic White posted:

This is kinda what I mean. They seem to have stripped out almost every dynamic light source (and deleted a lot of random prop objects, it seems) to squeeze out extra performance, and then bumped up the ambient light level to compensate. Completely understandable WHY they'd do this (it's not the most optimized engine, and old consoles are slow), but it's still a huge visible difference.

See the thing is is that screenshot of the mansion there is are more light sources lit in the E3 demo, than there are in the neogaf images. I also watched a streamer go through that area and it was nowhere near as bright as that.

If you actually calibrate your brightness correctly as the game instructs you, lighting torches and other light sources is pretty drat important. Which i think is what the devs wanted.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Walrus Pete posted:

Yeah I quit using the crappy shields I've found almost immediately. I'll give it another shot if/when I find a 100% physical block shield, but for now I'm enjoying dual-wielding a lot. Bought a rapier from the blacksmith, which you can parry with without 2-handing. :getin:

There is a 100% block shield directly after beating The Pursuer, go through the little hole behind him and there is an area you can drop down on the corpse there, is a 100% block shield

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I keep running into people who are using an Ultra Greatsword+Tower Shield+heavy armour. But what i do not get is these people typically have 4-5 different spells, and can fast roll. I even ran into a dude with some really nasty hex spells.

But what i do not get is how the hell do people have this kind of gear and the stats for this. When i am level 76, and they invade? Doesn't the game only match you with people of similar levels?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

A.C. posted:

It doesn't take much. The Greatsword requires 26 STR which is also enough for one or more Tower Shields, use one or both Equip Burden rings, put some points in End and a few in Atn

I have dumped a ton of points into vitality, and even with the burden ring i can barely keep my total weight below 70%, when using a Tower Shield and a Greatsword.

But most of the sorcery spells (that loving annoying homing spear) i have ran into require a fair bit of int, and attunement on top of that. Which i do not understand how you can have that around ~level 76.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Bovineicide posted:

gently caress YES. I just found the Black Knight Halberd. Don't have the equip burden to lightroll with all my current gear, but it's awesome that it's there. It's also in a spot where no one will want to route it in a speedrun, ever

Where is it?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Sultan Tarquin posted:

In harvest valley, 2nd bonfire There's a huge enemy. You have to get him to punch the boards behind where he's stood.

e: Totally forgotten where the petrified guy is blocking the bonfire. What area is he in again? :ohdear:

I tried several times and he just seems to throw dark magic at me,is there a way to trick him into punching me?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I am currently trapped in a room, someone invaded me and is standing in the doorway of the only exit out of the room. I attack him, and it apparently does damage but his health doesn't move. Any attacks i do on him do not seem to do anything, no stagger, no poise break, etc. He is just standing there playing random loving emotes, then stopped. That was like 25 minutes ago.

I can't homeword bone, nor can i exit to main menu. I don't want to force quit the game because i am worried about corrupting my save (i lost a DS1 character doing that) :smith:

What exactly am i supposed to do?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

DrBouvenstein posted:

Disconnect from PSN Network/XBox Live.

It's weird you can't go to the main menu...I thought that was always available? IIRC, in DS I you could always quit via the menu, but it "kept" your character online for another minute or so.

It's def. a bug that none of your attacks seem to do anything.

Thanks that worked. Yeah i think he bugged out.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Does anyone know what the deal is with the giant bug in the gutter? He seems non hostile and i tried the ring of whispers and he isn't saying anything

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I was invaded by my first hacker just now in Dragelic castle, it was not fun. He was dual wielding two massive axes and kept switching between sunlight spear, a massive blob of blue homing magic, and another awful black blob of homing death.

So i threw a poo poo load of poison knives at him, that did absolutely nothing to him. A backstab with my ultragreat sword? A little fraction of his health, so i ran around and hid praying that some boys in blue would come and save my rear end.

After ~5 minutes a single blue sentinel shows up, and promptly rolls off a ledge. :wtc:

I promptly just followed suit. I do not understand why From Software doesn't just simply go "oh you are level x, but your stats say you have leveled up way more times than x, your not legit". Or some form of sanity checking to prevent this poo poo.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Does anyone know where you get those stones that you throw on the ground that make noises like "I am sorry", and "Hello"?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

A.C. posted:

That might be "Mock" which is basically a dead stare and a shoulder shrug. Straid teaches it.

Merchant near the first bonfire in Iron Keep

There is a merchant in the iron keep :psyduck:

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Does anyone have a weapon recommendation aside from the Greatsword for a strength build? My stats are:

VGR 15
END 18
VIT 29
ATN 14
STR 35
DEX 12
ADP 19
INT 10
FTH 8

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
How far is the second bonfire in shrine of amanta, the super long range magic users are just destroying me

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
In the Undead crypt, after the second bonfire there is one of those extremely annoying mages standing on top of a platform. Next to her is a chest, and for the life of me i cannot figure out how to get it. I searched online and can't find any solution anyone have an idea?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

King of Solomon posted:

There's a ladder in the same graveyard as the bonfire. Take a look around!

Thanks i am dumb :downs:

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I just managed to get a Syan's Halberd, and its moveset is :iia:

At +10 it does 50 more damage than my +10 Greatsword.

*EDIT* R1 consists of really quick stabs, and a R2 that does a quick wide slash. Sadly you cannot use the lighting thing those guards do.

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 18, 2014

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Honestly i think the time between invasions needs to be increased. I get invaded and get one shotted by a sunlight spear, then ~15 minutes later i get invaded again, and same poo poo.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Previous Jesus posted:

Where are you guys at that this is a problem? I've literally never been invaded outside of the Bell areas.

I have been invaded almost nonstop pretty much everywhere i go. I am level 115, and its getting really loving annoying. Right now i am in forest of the giants, trying to use the ashen thing and before i could even get there i am invaded. In the last 4 hours or so i have been invaded 8 or so times?

I have seen a single blue sentinel show up and he promptly rolled off a cliff.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
How am i supposed to beat The memory with the giants? The time limit keeps completely destroying me. I don't even talk to the dude and by the time i downed most of the giants in the first major street, the time is up.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Smornstein posted:

Basically the dragons are all dead and the dragons in the game are just fakes made by using the souls of giants hence why the Ancient Dragon drops a giants soul when you kill him.

You should really spoiler that.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
How the gently caress am i supposed to kill these giants? They basically 1 shot me at 20 VGR. I don't have enough time to use poison.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Help Im Alive posted:

If you're talking about the ones in the memories, I just ran past most of them. I had like 40 VGR and +4 Looking Glass Knight set and they were still pretty much killing me in a couple of hits.

The solution is to use magic, i respeced to a more of a mage and just threw every spell i had at them and it was so much easier.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
gently caress the memory of Jeigh

*EDIT* 17 deaths on this level, not only does it have the worst framerate out of any level. the head doesn't even always roll down

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 19, 2014

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Smornstein posted:

It's not that hard just let one giant get crushed and kill the other then just treat the Giant Lord like the Last Giant.

The thing is The head doesn't seem to always trigger, sometimes they just come for me, and the head doesn't roll down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

GreenAcidRage posted:

the head triggers when you get to a certain point on the rampart, and the first giant won't aggro if you stick to the right wall. Just run past him and stand just before the rubble on the wall where the head stops. Giant Lord is easy, but I'll let you figure that out.

I ran past everyone and got to the giant king the head never rolled down for me.

And now i am being invaded what the gently caress.

• Locked thread