Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

@RatHat from the last thread, Brad from Giant Bomb getting parried by Garl Vinland is at 1:36 in this. You have to be a subscriber to watch it.

Here's a gif if minus is working for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

enojy posted:

Did the actual parry get clipped out of the gif or something? I'm not seeing it... just him staggering and getting hit.

Nope, that's exactly how it went. You don't see Garl do anything but Brad's guy definitely reacts like he was parried and then Garl does a riposte animation. It's weird.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Chakron posted:

Anyone know what time the game becomes downloadable on PSN?

12:01 AM PST

e: if you preordered. If you didn't you'll have to wait until PSN updates sometime in the afternoon.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Robawesome posted:

I'm guessing there's a "tutorial" section at the start of this one too?

Yes

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

BJPaskoff posted:

From someone who died a lot in Dark Souls, this is the only part that concerns me. After dying a few times to a boss, am I just going to want to give up for good because my character is half as strong as he used to be, and the boss is still kicking my rear end?

Just like Demon's Souls its safe to assume that the game is balanced such that you can beat it at 50% health.

e: or they just make it super easy to regain your max health.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 11, 2014

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Though it's also super possible that the servers are just going to be busted for a while.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

SL1 runs aren't really a good example against grinding because they typically do, you know, involve some grinding.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Harminoff posted:

It's pretty annoying that you have to click through her talking as well alla demons souls.

Does she chant while you're looking at the level up menu?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Twilight Matrix posted:

Is there any point to mashing retry on the "failed to login to the Dark Souls II game server" message?

No that just makes it worse.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I like the whole grid inventory thing but the big wall of tiny unlabeled icons for stats is a real bummer step backwards from Dark Souls.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Bedurndurn posted:

So the big stone guys I was farming aren't spawning anymore. Did I uhh overfish?

Apparently some enemies stop spawning once killed a lot of times. No idea whether or not it's permanent.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

So how does equip load work now? I just finished character creation and I'm messing around taking my armor on and off and my roll feels the same at 40% as it does at 6%.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

StringOfLetters posted:

70% is the new 50%.

Just two levels? Below 70 for fast rolls, above 70 for slow rolls?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I was trying to parry the guys in the tutorial and just failing miserably but I guess you can't parry barehanded anymore because the tutorial stone for parrying says you need a shield equipped. :smith:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Godfucking damnit it's Dark Souls 1 all over again. Except I know what reverse hollowing means but I don't know how to do it...

I burn an effigy and...nothing changes

Use the effigy like any other item, don't burn it. They're like the humanity restoring items in Demon's Souls, you can use them anywhere.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

These tiny pigs are tough as hell!

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

People say there are like four places to go from the start and I can't find any of them :negative:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

Alright, so, from the Majula bonfire, follow the coastline going right. That will lead you toward a doable area.

Thanks, I was missing a side tunnel there.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Is there riposte in this game? I seem to recall reading they did away with it but I may have imagined it.

Yes. It works a little differently. I saw a video of someone getting a riposte immediately after a parry but I haven't had any luck with that, I always have to wait until they fall down.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I was against the L3 jump too but it's growing on me.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

It's true that you can't interact with ragdoll corpses anymore, but that doesn't stop them from inexplicably moving around on their own in a really creepy way. Just walked around a corner back toward where I had killed some guys before and saw their bodies belly sliding down the stairs toward me :stare:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

After the shitshow that online was in DS1 on PC its really nice to see it "just work"

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

I don't understand why but this doesn't work for me. I have a torch but doing this does nothing, I can't light braziers and the torch doesn't seem like an euqippable item.. I'm seriously so confused.

You have to toggle at a bonfire. Walk up to a bonfire, hit triangle or Y until it says Light the torch instead of Rest at bonfire.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Are we all picking the same god for that special ring?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Space Hamlet posted:

Every time I attempt to summon I get the message "Summoning failed. The summon sign has disappeared." Could this indicate some kind of connection problem? I seem to be perfectly capable of getting summoned, just not summoning.

Seems like it might mean that they've already been summoned. Every time I put a sign down I get called up within a minute. They're going really fast.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Space Hamlet posted:

Yeah, but there seems to be a separate message for that, which explicitly states that they've been summoned already. What's more, every time I get summoned there's another phantom already there, which makes me suspect that that host is having an easier time of it than me?

Has anybody gotten a lot of the "summon sign disappeared" message and also successfully summoned someone at some point?

Yeah I've gotten plenty of summon sign disappeareds and also managed to summon.

Uh where's the timer for how long summons can stay in? I've helped people beat bosses like 5 times now and never seen anything ticking down, but the one time I summoned someone they ran out of time in my game.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Sometimes as a summon I get drops from enemies. They've all been healing items, but are they visible to everyone or just me?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

TheLeenMachine posted:

I've killed at least a dozen bosses and I have yet to see this Pursuer everyone is talking about.

Is that the big knight guy? I was summoned into a game and fought him with the host on some rooftop like any other enemy, then I've been summoned into a couple more and he's behind a fog gate like a real boss? I dunno what's going on.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Speedball posted:

Nope, the description is slightly misleading. Burning it in a fire makes you less connected to others, less likely to be invaded but also harder to get support. You just use it straight from your inventory to make yourself human again.

This should probably be in the OP.

In other news: In Dark Souls 1, you got humanity by helping others defeat a boss, what do you get this time? Does it top off your humanity/HP bar this time too?

Makes you fully human again so you have max possible HP, repairs all your equipment (unless they're broken maybe?), refills your flasks, gives you an item that heals the guy who summoned you and probably does something else somewhere.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Put on the Ring of Whispers, what the gently caress is this constant growling :stare:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Overbite posted:

Agree with this. The only thing having to go back to Majule to level adds to the game is two more loading screens for me to sit through. Just makes it a hassle.

Also I have no idea if I'm strong enough to fight Persuer right after the first boss. I hit him for like 75 damage each time with my upgraded shortsword. It barely takes off anything and I think I'm doing it wrong.

You can just summon someone. Dude folds at crazy speed against a group.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

what in the gently caress is a grey phantom

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

gently caress these rats

e: and naturally the first boss that really justifies summoning whoops you can't

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Also really weird that they addressed all their problems with input buffering by just straight up removing it.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I've beaten Pursuer, please tell me I can go anywhere other than these loving rats.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I get a token of fidelity every single time I'm summoned. Are you guys using the small white soapstone instead of the normal one?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Wait what? How do you get the normal one?

There's an NPC in the forest hanging out by a gate that closes if you walk through, near the ballista trap. I cleared out the area behind where the gate closes and came back and talked to him like six times and he gave it to me.

e: I don't actually know whether or not the different size soapstones give different rewards.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 12, 2014

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Overbite posted:

This game is way harder than Dark Souls or even Demon's Souls. I cannot beat the pursuer at all, even after wasting 2 effigys summoning people who were completely useless in the fight. The Heidie place is also too hard.

I could beat Dark Souls 1 no problem, why can't I do this? :(

With three people Pursuer shouldn't be any trouble at all. If he's chasing someone else, get behind him and attack. If he's chasing you, hold a shield in front of you and back the hell up, roll whenever he winds up to swing at you up close. If he's chasing you around don't even bother trying to hit him, let your summons do it.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Sure enough I did get a different reward for using the small white soapstone. Got a smooth & silky stone instead of a token of fidelity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Helped a guy beat a boss and didn't go human :smith:

• Locked thread