Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Praise the Sun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Will changing my system time somehow enable me to download this any earlier? My body is loving ready

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Lakbay posted:

I thought it was EST, aka 7 minutes

I've got some bad news for you

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

I've played (but never beaten) DeS and played hundreds of hours of DS, but DS2 will be my first Souls game going in completely blind with no friend showing me the way. I'm so loving excited. I almost watched that Quick Look but decided against it, gonna go in totally fresh.

I'm guessing there's a "tutorial" section at the start of this one too?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Revdomezehis posted:

So is there any truth to rumors I heard about there being less grindiness for this game compared to dark souls?

Dark Souls wasn't grindy? You can speedrun through it. In what way did you feel it was? I suppose if you're relying on stats and don't get good at fighting you'll be grinding for souls to level up but you can (fairly easily) beat the game at SL1. I honestly don't understand your complaint.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

Maybe he's asking if the power curve is flatter over the course of the game?

Could be. I agree with Harminoff, Demon's Souls was a bit grindy if only for the grasses, but I didn't play that nearly as much as Dark Souls. Grinding for Humanities if you're relying on summoning people and stuck at a boss or grinding for covenant rewards could be "grindy" but those are both optional.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Speedball posted:

you have to go to one specific location to level up, easy warping notwithstanding.

What do you mean by this? Spoiler tag it

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

CousinKevin posted:

Someone got mad at the clerk at Gamestop because they called the collectord edition the "one with the toy". He went into big thing about difference between toys and figures, I'm never going to a midnight launch again

Are you serious

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

ShadowMar posted:

If you pre-ordered it you can download it at 12:01 PST. If you didn't you have to wait for the store update.

I paid for this much earlier today at the PSN store, that counts yes? It said Black Armor Edition and all that jazz

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Harminoff posted:

Anyone else bummed by no rag-dolls? As annoying as they were it's pretty sad to see them not in a souls game.

:smith:

Despair

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Linux Nazi posted:

I've never bought a day 1 game from PSN. What time are they actually released for download? 2am PST?

midnight PST. 3 AM EST.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Red Robin Hood posted:

Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I want to make sure I've got this right. The devs are punishing you for being bad at this game by making you even more bad by lowering your max HP every time you die?!

Why do I do this to myself?! :negative:

No, you've got it all wrong. The devs gave you a 100% bonus to your starting health and they deduct some of that bonus each time you die until you get to regular health.

Grump posted:

If I never played the first one yet, should I even bother?

Good god yes

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

The Download button is just giving me the Theme over and over? What gives?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

So will I get any kind of update to indicate that it's actually available or should I just hammer Download over and over

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

The download button has disappeared , hopefully will be back soon !

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

I still don't have a download button :smith:

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Looking for a little direction

I've killed
Giant
Ornstein
Dragonrider
and via No Man's Wharf found the very cool boss, but died fairly quickly.

Seems like I missed "Pursuers"? Where do I find that? Anything else I'm missing? I'm using the Knight Armor, would like something better and also a good shield suggestion

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Walrus Pete posted:

Wouldn't that covenant be how you get those, though?

I read a couple pages back that you have to kill (boss spoiler) Ornstein

GruntyThrst posted:

Jesus The Pursuer is wrecking my poo poo.

I wrecked his poo poo super-easily. Stay close and in his face and most of his attacks just whiffed. was only using +2 Mace and none of my shield/armor is upgraded.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Finally caught back up with the thread. Obviously loving this game, feels much more like Demon's Souls 2 than Dark Souls 2.

Looks like I missed a Stamina Ring. Where is it? I'm at Huntsmans right now alternating between the two nearby bosses and want a little side-mission

Acquire Currency! posted:

Okay so how do I drain the poison from the boss room in earth mound. I figure it's got to be a Pharos thing I found one.

Think about what you can burn

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Dosvidanya posted:

Bah, I'm lost again.

I killed the boss of Huntsman's Copse Chariot and talking to the dude afterward seems to yield nothing. Any help?

I'm at Huntsman's Copse right now. Have you met any Skeletons yet? There's another boss nearby, across a bridge

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

Man, even with the cat ring, hp increasing rings and nearly full hp I die when I Jump to that first wooden platform in the well in Majula. Is there some trick I'm missing or do I just need more HP?

I could only survive the drop with 100% full health, or with full health less one death (both with the cat ring, of course). Obviously it will vary based on your levels but anything less and the fall would kill me, so try jumping down with 100% health and if that doesn't work you'll need to up your stats

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Just got crushed by the old dragonslayer

Please don't tell me I have those giant assholes again. :smith:

Just run past the giants, easy peasy.

Alteisen posted:

And what loving stat do I need to level to take less damage, seems like every hit takes a ton of health off.

Either stop getting hit, upgrade your shield (find one with high stability) or otherwise upgrading Strength will upgrade your Phys. Def iirc

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Seltzer posted:

Is there an early game area where I can buy/farm effigies?

McDuff's bonfire (second blacksmith) has some dogs right beside it that drop effigys. There's only two of them but they're literally right beside the bonfire. I forget exactly which area this is, I think Bastille?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Okay so where do I find that thing that lets me depetrify someone? I'm just getting to the Gutter but my friend, who is seemingly "behind" me has already got to the area past the first petrified girl. I'm sure I've walked past one by now

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Citadel posted:

Apologies if this has been asked. Is there such a thing as leveling too fast? Say I have a fancy sword that needs an extra 5 STR to use it. Is it a bad idea to level up the STR only, maybe it has adverse effects with enemies scaling with your level?

Enemies don't scale to your level, feel free to up your stats to meet that weapon.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

the night dad posted:

Anyone notice the tracking for the estoc (perhaps other thrusting swords) is really hosed? I'm experiencing a lot of times where my guy veers off to the left for an attack rather then, well, on the target.

This was happening to me constantly during the Rat Vanguard boss fight. Locked-on swings would whiff completely, either 90 degrees to the side or just behind me. Using the Large Club if it matters.

Darth Windu posted:

You guys making different characters know you can just soul vessel your stats around, right? I have three of the things and I'm not even very far.

It's probably more about redesigning the characters face. My guy is way too plain-looking and I'm contemplating restarting before I get too far

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

StringOfLetters posted:

I am worried that I may have screwed myself for match-making by losing ~50k soulbucks. Matchmaking is based on total sum of souls acquired

Source?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

What's the deal with the knight who gets air dropped by a big rear end bird then just disappears?

You'll run into him later if you didn't beat him the first try. That's The Pursuer.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Aloofa posted:

Why can't I drop my soapstone in front of the Grave Entrance before the boss?

If Grave Entrance is the place I'm thinking of you aren't allowed to summon/provide help for that fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Just beat the first boss of Drangleic castle and not sure where to find the key I need to get past this weird, chained-up guy

oh, I just realized I barely explored that room with all the soul doors, I bet it's there isn't it?

• Locked thread