Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Yuuichi Nakamura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
Oh right, another lucky coincidence.

Asami Shimoda

Both the Vocaloid Kagamine twins, and the Idolmaster Futami twins, singers all around :v:

Ice Cream Social
Nov 11, 2007
audi alteram partem
Noriko Hidaka

She was Noriko in Gunbuster and...the gun in Psycho-Pass. Another one I've always liked is Bryan Cranston as Isamu in Macross Plus.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome

Ice Cream Social posted:

the gun in Psycho-Pass.

In English, both the Dominator in Psycho-Pass and Juiz in Eden of the East are played by Stephanie Young. I guess she's got the whole futuristic female AI voice locked down.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

planetarial posted:

Yuuichi Nakamura.

Yuuichi Nakamura's no stranger to giant robots, voicing the Italian Dandy, Ricardo Fellini in Gundam Build Fighters and Graham Aker in Gundam 00. Hell, he even voices a Banpresto Original in 2nd Super Robot Wars Original Generation.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 25, 2014

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

TARDISman posted:

Graham Aker in Gundam 00.

Wait, he voices Graham Aker AND Mister Bushido? Truly, Yuucan is a man of many voices :aaaaa:

My personal favorite in this category is

It's hilarious to hear her go to her Omocchama voice every once in a while.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Ice Cream Social posted:

Noriko Hidaka

She was Noriko in Gunbuster and...the gun in Psycho-Pass.

This is the first one to surprise me in this thread, I'm usually pretty good at recognizing voice actors.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Demicol posted:

This is the first one to surprise me in this thread, I'm usually pretty good at recognizing voice actors.

Way, way back she was also Satsuki in Totoro, and these days she's playing the idol agency boss lady in Wake Up Girls. Pretty long career.

Edit: Another one of these voices-changing-over-long-careers people is Hirano Fumi, who played Lum in Urusei Yatsura, and now can be heard as the principal lady in Tokyo Ravens.

darkgray fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 25, 2014

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Another Gundam one that surprised me when I found out about it.
http://www.sokutsu.com/IMG/jpg/Rau-Le-Creuset.jpg
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111005193545/dynastywarriors/images/1/19/Duo-dwg3.jpg
Toshihiko Seki voiced both batshit crazy Char clone Rau Le Creuset in Gundam SEED and the affable God of Death, Duo Maxwell in Gundam Wing. Here's the funny part, he's also the dub voice for...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/Tenth_Doctor_b.jpg
The Tenth Doctor.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You know who else he played?

Damegane
May 7, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

Wait, he voices Graham Aker AND Mister Bushido? Truly, Yuucan is a man of many voices :aaaaa:

Also, this guy from Rinne no Lagrange:

Huuuuge difference from his usual light novel main character high school 2nd year everyman voice or his pretty boy voice. I have no idea what he did to work up that much phlegm for low growly voice he used for the role.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Damegane posted:

Also, this guy from Rinne no Lagrange:

Huuuuge difference from his usual light novel main character high school 2nd year everyman voice or his pretty boy voice. I have no idea what he did to work up that much phlegm for low growly voice he used for the role.

He has a really deep voice in real life. I'm pretty sure that if he used that as his main voice, he'd get pigeon-holed really fast.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Wark Say posted:

He has a really deep voice in real life. I'm pretty sure that if he used that as his main voice, he'd get pigeon-holed really fast.

Not really. There's this live action TV show Tokyo Encounter, where he and Sugita Tomokazu (and the occasional guest voice actor) spend 24 episodes goofing off and playing old video games. His normal voice actually does sound like his usual high school guy voice except a little nasally.

Man, Tokyo Encounter was the best thing while it lasted. Too bad it got canceled.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Damegane posted:

Not really. There's this live action TV show Tokyo Encounter, where he and Sugita Tomokazu (and the occasional guest voice actor) spend 24 episodes goofing off and playing old video games. His normal voice actually does sound like his usual high school guy voice except a little nasally.

Man, Tokyo Encounter was the best thing while it lasted. Too bad it got canceled.

Dammit, now I need to track this series down, Kyon and Duo playing Super Mario World together sounds like the greatest thing.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Is that where that youtube video of them and someone else all playing some Yu Yu Hakusho game and doing Norio Wakamoto impressions came from?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Damegane posted:

I remember reading something recently about that coming back.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Damegane posted:

Not really. There's this live action TV show Tokyo Encounter...

Well, I was actually referring to something like that. He does sound a whole deal more gruff than usual, I think. Sugita pretty much sounds like the goofball, as usual.

Man, that show was just so chill. Hearing Ryotaro Okiayu doing his Hikaru Midorikawa impression. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Sugita pretty much sounds like the goofball, as usual.

Sugita is a super goofball. I wish that there were still videos of the BlazBlue radio show on Youtube so I could find the episode where Sugita opens it by saying "HAADOCOA!" over and over. :allears:

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Damegane posted:

Now if only someone would sub it, I loved the 2 episodes that over-time did.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Blhue posted:

Is that where that youtube video of them and someone else all playing some Yu Yu Hakusho game and doing Norio Wakamoto impressions came from?

Yes. That was Sakurai Takahiro with them. That video was what made me go track the series down.

jonjonaug posted:

I remember reading something recently about that coming back.

Seriously?! Oh man, that's the best news I've heard all week/month/this year so far!

Wark Say posted:

Well, I was actually referring to something like that. He does sound a whole deal more gruff than usual, I think. Sugita pretty much sounds like the goofball, as usual.

I'll just chalk it up to us being different people who hear different things differently. Also, agreed on Sugita.

Waffleman_ posted:

Sugita is a super goofball. I wish that there were still videos of the BlazBlue radio show on Youtube so I could find the episode where Sugita opens it by saying "HAADOCOA!" over and over. :allears:

They're all still on Arc System Works' NicoNico channel here. Also, this guy has a few older episodes subbed in English.

Demicol posted:

Now if only someone would sub it, I loved the 2 episodes that over-time did.

There's some Livejournal that has I think the first 15 or so episodes subbed. Those have horrible eye-searing video quality, but the translations themselves are quite ok.

------

Sorry for the big dumb wall of text. It's really hard for me to contain my enthusiasm for Tokyo Encounter and Sugita goofing off in general. :v:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Oh why the hell not? It's been a while since someone posted it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-9jzaKEhtA
"Ore no Chuuuuuuuuuu!" XD

Sugita's the best one. He even did it in one of the Kamen Rider Kiva opening bits.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
I love these moments :)

Mako (the pink-haired one) and Ichiro (with the panda) are voiced by Luci Christian and Chris Patton respectively; a.k.a.

Kaname Chidori and Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic! and Fumoffu? (Chris has a list of credits as long as my arm, including Graham Specter from Baccano! Luci was Meryl in Trigun: Badlands Rumble)

The blond, Hideki, might be better known as

Son Goku from Saiyuki. Greg Ayres does a lot of wimpy-boy voices.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

gamingCaffeinator posted:

Son Goku from Saiyuki. Greg Ayres does a lot of wimpy-boy voices.

I have never been surprised when it's brought up that Greg Ayres voiced a character because it's always obvious because he's got a REALLY unique voice. Which unfortunately I find only suits about 20% of the roles he's actually cast in.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The Black Stones posted:

I have never been surprised when it's brought up that Greg Ayres voiced a character because it's always obvious because he's got a REALLY unique voice. Which unfortunately I find only suits about 20% of the roles he's actually cast in.

What's kinda weird is he's also Taichi in Kokoro Connect and Keisaku in seasons 2 and 3 of Shakugan no Shana and while it's obvious that it's him, he does a good enough job masking his usual tones that he manages to pull it off.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

TARDISman posted:

What's kinda weird is he's also Taichi in Kokoro Connect and Keisaku in seasons 2 and 3 of Shakugan no Shana and while it's obvious that it's him, he does a good enough job masking his usual tones that he manages to pull it off.

Oh yeah. Ayres can definitely pull it off where he's downright fantastic in a role, Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad is a role where he loving shines because he really down-pitched himself and didn't go so squeaky and it works. He's okay in a bunch of other stuff too, but there's some poo poo he's in where I found he just does not work at all, and it's especially worse then they have him do double duties for stuff. For example, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0's dub has Ayres pulling minor character duties, and every episode I could tell that it was Ayres because it was the same loving voice every time. That really hurts a dub.

Speaking of Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. It also has someone that has a fantastic range to her voice. Brina Palencia voices Maho, who also went on to voice Rei for the new Evangelion movies, and also voices Tony Tony Chopper for One Piece.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

She also plays Holo in Spice and Wolf.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

The Black Stones posted:

NDB surprised me, because Hideki is, well... Listen for yourself (minorly NSFW for anime boxers).

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

She also plays Holo in Spice and Wolf.

Along with Mikoto Suou in School Rumble, Ruiko Saten in A Certain Scientific Railgun, and the Kinoshita twins in Baka and Test. Definitely one of my favorite voice actors that Funimation has, mostly because of her performance as Saten and especially Holo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damegane
May 7, 2013
2 weeks late, but Tokyo Encounter is back with a new season!

• Locked thread