Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
So why would anyone upgrade Jelanda's snobbish level, for instance? Do you upgrade people's negative traits to make it less likely for Odin to order them to be sent to join his forces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I kind of like my idea better. Imagine having powerful characters who also have really good traits, so if you don't upgrade their few negative traits then Odin orders you to send them up because he likes them so much.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
These stories are so short. I guess they want to get them over with so the player can start killing things.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Glazius posted:

It's kind of weird that by being terrible at the game you get that interesting bit of setting detail.

You probably need to try to fail so miserably, so that's a reward for being really good at failing I guess.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If he's some kind of pickpocket, why does he have plate?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
We're doing the 'Odin's Pawn' ending first right? So it makes sense to send him up whatever he asked for.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing from the name that maybe it's the strength of the seal on Lenneth's memories, and if it's too low and the right things happen the seal will break and she'll realize Odin's a jerk.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

That's a nice way of putting it. But the Gods are anything but nice.

Think of it this way. You need to hire a guy to fix your roof. But the only guy in town has a tendency to go out with his friends and drink about halfway through the job. Do you:

A) Let him do his thing and probably not get the job done that you hired him to do?

Or

B) Seal his memories of his friends so he has nothing but the job on his mind?

Depends, do I have morals or am I a corporationgod?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I guess the depressing endings from Mortal Profile were a result of Odin still being in charge and an rear end in a top hat?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Too bad we didn't have some skits like in Mortal Profile, but hey, it was a much earlier game.

Thanks for showing off the game so thoroughly. It's really too bad I never got this as a kid, I'd have loved the skill-based combat system.

I'm now hoping for another sequel, whether direct or spiritual!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Best Recruitment Sequence (Main Game) : badrach
Best PWS : badrach
Best Overall Voice : Badrach
Least Memorable Einherjar* : BAdrach
Most Memorable Einherjar* : BADrach
Best Character Design : BADRach
Most Memorable Named NPC : BADRAch
Most Memorable Line : BADRACh
Most Memorable Moment : BADRACH
Most Idiotic Move by a Character : BADRACH
Best Dungeon : BADRACH