Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

McKilligan posted:

I always used whoever I thought looked coolest, which more often than not wasn't the best combination for the game.

No no, you were doing it exactly right. "Do you look cool?" and "Is your voice good okay mostly tolerable?" are the only two questions worth asking.

The last one has always been a serious dealbreaker for me. In all the various gimmick runs I've attempted in this game I've never managed to use Lawfer for more than a few fights. "Surely he can't sound as supremely stilted and hammy as I remember," I'd say, and then immediately be proven wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

vilkacis posted:

Because I only have so many votes and someone has to vote for Grey and Kashell :colbert:

This just shows you have good taste.

Well, not about Grey.

Bloodly posted:

How the gently caress did they convince him to come to a place he likely hates and lead a people he likely has issue with? How do they keep him from melting the place? How do they keep him from freezing to death?

The answer is always Freya's hat.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

KataraniSword posted:

Are you guys forgetting we've been dealing with Maddie Blaustein's work all game? The real impressive part is that she managed to pull off Arngrim, Lawfer, this character, and Meowth from Pokemon without having any of them sound like each other. You wanna talk about range...

I would legit prefer it if Lawfer and Arngrim sounded like Meowth, since I don't care for either of them. Lizardbreath is magnificently hamtastic, though.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Bloodly posted:

Ah, the good old 'throw something sneak attack'. Never gets old. Somehow it strikes me as odd that they fell for it.

Fell for what? I always read her as trying to destroy Lucian/Platina's earring.

Because Hrist is a dick.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Perhaps more to the point, it's Arngrim and Mystina, which is to say gently caress YOU DAD and BORED NOW. I can't imagine them reacting otherwise to anyone who popped up and said "Hey, y'all my bitches now."

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist will play almost exactly like the Peter Puppy levels from Earthworm Jim.

Except the goal will not be to save the puppies.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Derek Barona posted:

Long? Painful? Almost batshit levels of out of the way and almost needing a guide just to find it, let alone survive your way through the whole thing? Hilariously satisfying to actually survive and yet, still not the end of it? Yeah, pretty much.

Don't forget the part where you'd get an hour or so in and combat would sometimes just fail to end when all the enemies were dead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

IMJack posted:

I just now noticed, on Brahms's portrait, his neck is one big scar. Maybe that's a VP2 thing? Part of his history with Hrist and Arngrim?

It's a little pixelated there, but he's just wearing a choker.

• Locked thread