Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Crap. I decided to check this out a couple years ago, heard the very first line of dialogue, and said LOLNOPE. Now people are telling me it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Endorph posted:

"How nostalgic?"

I don't know, I hit Escape on ePSXe completely by reflex and loaded up a different game. That first line or two was literally the worst voice acting I could remember having heard to that point and I guess my gamer self-defense instincts kicked in or something.

Then again, my friends and I played through House of the Dead 2 over and over back in the day, so maybe I was just having a bad day when I checked out Valkyrie Profile.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Endorph posted:

Seriously? The voice acting isn't great on those lines but it's alright.

Yup. I'm sure much worse can be found, but that was my immediate reaction at the time.

Anyway, evidently I need to dust it off and try again.

• Locked thread