Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Glazius posted:

Wwwwwwwwwait.

Is Sig actually Mar? Sigmar?

Or are we going to go on another mystical time adventure?

Probably shouldn't be asking.
You're really going to enjoy Jak 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lost Frontier is better than the PSP Ratchet and Clank games, but it's still a mess. The controls are weirdly clunky, the Dark Daxter sections are both obnoxious and unfun, and I could not tell you a single thing about the plot. Skip it.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lost Frontier is better than the PSP Ratchet and Clank games, but it's still a mess. The controls are weirdly clunky, the Dark Daxter sections are both obnoxious and unfun, and I could not tell you a single thing about the plot. Skip it.

I suppose it's a good thing i didn't buy it out of morbid curiosity then!

Glazius posted:

Wwwwwwwwwait.

Is Sig actually Mar? Sigmar?

Or are we going to go on another mystical time adventure?

Probably shouldn't be asking.

HA HAAAAAAAA Oh things you'll see.

I haven't played Jak 3 since it came out and i can STILL remember the best/worse parts of it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I suppose it's a good thing i didn't buy it out of morbid curiosity then!

HA HAAAAAAAA Oh things you'll see.

I haven't played Jak 3 since it came out and i can STILL remember the best/worse parts of it.

The pacman minigame, the loving pacman minigame. 2 out of 3 of my playtroughs ended because I couldn't finish that roadblock of a minigame.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.

Xoidanor posted:

The pacman minigame, the loving pacman minigame. 2 out of 3 of my playtroughs ended because I couldn't finish that roadblock of a minigame.

I feel your pain. I have no idea how the hell I managed to beat that game as a kid, but I'm fairly sure wizardry of some sort was involved. Screw that game.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I actually found Jak 3 to be immensely easier than Jak 2. I dont recall getting hung up ever. If I did, I probably forgave it because the game is basically Mad Max.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Xoidanor posted:

God, yes. Oddly, when I replayed that game recently, the minigame was a breeze. Maybe I'm just better at games. Or figured out how to tell where the monster was going.

Jak 3 is absolutely easier than Jak 2, without actually being less challenging. They just fixed a lot of frustrations, like adding mission checkpoints.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

I actually found Jak 3 to be immensely easier than Jak 2. I dont recall getting hung up ever. If I did, I probably forgave it because the game is basically Mad Max.

Difficulty-wise, Jak 3 is pretty much a walk in the park after 2. Still has its bullshit missions however.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

It helps that you'll end up with more than 3 hits for the entire game as well.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ViggyNash posted:

Difficulty-wise, Jak 3 is pretty much a walk in the park after 2. Still has its bullshit missions however.
That loving turret mission god drat that loving turret mission

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

achillesforever6 posted:

That loving turret mission god drat that loving turret mission

Is that the one where you're running from missiles in a cargo zoomer with an unsecured load of explodium sliding around in the back?

Because gently caress that mission. :suicide:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I played Jak 2 without ever playing Jak and Daxter or even knowing English, so nothing makes sense in this game besides 'better guns as time goes' and 'man, this is hard'. Can't even get to the second boss. So thanks for playing this, The Heavenator!

What music was playing during the latter two races, by the way? The DDR one and the...other one?

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy
The one during the Erol race is Running in the 90s a eurobeat song by Max Coveri. The one during the Rank One race is The Offspring's All I Want which is (in)famous for it's use in Crazy Taxi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bricoleur
Feb 1, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

I don't remember having that much trouble with the final boss. I mean it was tough, but final bosses are kind of meant to be.
The last time I played I lucked out and the boss got stuck circling the edge of the pit so all I had to do was unload everything into his face.

• Locked thread