Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

IAmTheRad posted:

Snowflame is DC, not Marvel comics. And he's awesome.

Pretty much all villains should be powered by cocaine, Dr Rockso is proof of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

IAmTheRad posted:

Snowflame is DC, not Marvel comics. And he's awesome.
I know there is a webcomic somewhere that has him fighting DC heroes but I can't remember where.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
You guys are both dumb because the joke is that Krew is complaining about the smell of his lunch right after Jak and Daxter went into the sewers.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy

morallyobjected posted:

You guys are both dumb because the joke is that Krew is complaining about the smell of his lunch right after Jak and Daxter went into the sewers.

I was loving trying to tell Kalon that, but nope he's a big dumb. Also missed the last update because poo poo got busy, so I'll see if can't make next update a double.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Episode 4: The Best Feet Cut | Uncut

The second video will be up later tonight, or tomorrow morning because this happened. And, yes I did check the videos before uploading them to Kalon and Ape, they were fine. :iiam:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

That mystery woman? Maia got out of the Dark Eco silo she was trapped in!

:v:

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
I love this game, but I have never sworn as much in my life as I did when I played it.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
I love the hoverboard in general, but man did that first mission using it drive me crazy as a kid. Probably because I was and still am awful at skating games and/or pulling off tricks. Almost made me glad, putting it away on its rack at the end.

Also, you wouldn't happen to be thinking of Mortal Engines with the moving cities thing, would you? That's the only thing that leaps immediately to mind when I think of the concept, mostly because the series is sitting on my bookshelf.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

All I can think is that the Elder Scrolls series has a bunch of cities on moving trees.

e: Also the jet board has fancy powers. Used properly it can make That Mission really easy.

Used poorly it can help you kill yourself.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Hoverboard is the best equipment in the game. That mission is pretty silly, but exploring the skate park is pretty neat.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
That racing mission was the reason I quit playing this game after I got it originally on the PS2 and never touched it again until I bought the HD collection.

Also embarrassingly, I got lost in the skate park after the hoverboard mission and it took me like two minutes to find the exit.

Bricoleur
Feb 1, 2012

I got the Platinum Trophy the other day and it was thanks to a mistake. My controller died in the middle of trying to get gold rank for the hoverboard challenge so the game paused, then when I switched in a new controller something happened to Jak that made the game think he was constantly doing 5000 point tricks.

I'm a little confused how putting a kid on the throne is going to be better than Baron Praxis.

I can't place why Vin sounds so familiar either. He's voiced by Robert Patrick Benedict, who has been in a bunch of TV shows but Jak and Daxter is the only time he's done voice actor work.

Vin's computer displays the Precursor language while he worried about the shield. I took a look at it, but while it has actual words on display there aren't enough to tell anything interesting.

RGAN IS STIL

ISSED EVEN AF

YEAR HAS PASSED

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

morallyobjected posted:

That racing mission was the reason I quit playing this game after I got it originally on the PS2 and never touched it again until I bought the HD collection.

Also embarrassingly, I got lost in the skate park after the hoverboard mission and it took me like two minutes to find the exit.

Maybe it's because I really love racing games, but I loved the racing missions. Gold tier is hard as gently caress and I don't think I got all the golds, but I still thought it was fun.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I think the only good thing Torn is involved with in Jak II is the little extra character model thing in the menu.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I think the reasoning for Daxter holding/shooting while Jak drives is because the Morph Gun itself is a two-handed weapon since if I remember right, you could only shoot one-handed weapons while driving in GTA.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bricoleur posted:

I'm a little confused how putting a kid on the throne is going to be better than Baron Praxis.

Eco is used to power the shields that keep the metalheads at bay. Praxis doesn't think he can beat the metalheads, so he's been appeasing them by giving them the city's eco reserves. It's less a "we can win for sure if the kid's on the throne" and more "we're DEFINITELY screwed if Praxis stays in power, better to go out trying to fight."

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Imagine Baron Praxis is your dad who is technically the head of the family but has a bad gambling problem and makes the entire family give him all their money to pay off the mob, and "the kid" is your dad's younger brother who would rather just give your dad to the mob and be done with it, and maybe the mob will still come and rob you blind to recoup the debt anyway but it's better than living with your dad.

Also, your whole extended family lives in the same general area and defers to your dad because this is some crazy made up game of thrones thing.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Episode 5: Collect All the Bags of Drugs Cut | Uncut

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 10, 2014

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Were you thinking of the Bearded Vulture? Cause from what I've found on them, roughly 85–90% of their diet consists of bone marrow.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Chimera-gui posted:

Were you thinking of the Bearded Vulture? Cause from what I've found on them, roughly 85–90% of their diet consists of bone marrow.

Yep, that's the one. Awesome bird.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I defy anyone to look at a bearded vulture and tell me that God isn't metal as gently caress.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That... certainly was collecting all the bags of drugs.

Man, they were really proud of their little hive-city overworld, weren't they?

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Episode 6: Gimme' Them Digits Cut | Uncut

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
The sharks species in Street Sharks were Great White, Tiger Shark, Hammerhead, and Whale Shark.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Nature fact! Otters and weasels are both weasels (family Mustelidae). I have no idea why the games make such a big deal out of ottsels when an ottsel is something that could totally happen in real life if you had one of each that was lonely enough. I'm more impressed by the monkaws.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

That Ashelin mission is how you cheese the "race to the stadium" one. Do hers first and get the yellow pass; then you can take the much more direct route past the palace.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Tenebrais posted:

That Ashelin mission is how you cheese the "race to the stadium" one. Do hers first and get the yellow pass; then you can take the much more direct route past the palace.

I think I actually took that route since I did the race mission after I did every other mission else that was possible at that point. That route also has the statue right?

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 16, 2014

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Chimera-gui posted:

I think I actually took that route since I did the race mission after I did every other mission else that was possible at that point. That route also has the statue right?

Yep. It is so much shorter it makes the mission trivially easy. You should finish with a minute left. For some reason I never do it this way, I always do it the "hard" way.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Those guardian cannons are surprisingly vulnerable to low-speed traffic accidents :v:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Dr. Buttass posted:

Nature fact! Otters and weasels are both weasels (family Mustelidae). I have no idea why the games make such a big deal out of ottsels when an ottsel is something that could totally happen in real life if you had one of each that was lonely enough. I'm more impressed by the monkaws.

Sounds like we have a mission to do... FOR SCIENCE! :science:

Chimera-gui posted:

The sharks species in Street Sharks were Great White, Tiger Shark, Hammerhead, and Whale Shark.
I thought one of them was a Killer Whale that joined up too?

Zain fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 17, 2014

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

The Heavenator posted:

Yep. It is so much shorter it makes the mission trivially easy. You should finish with a minute left. For some reason I never do it this way, I always do it the "hard" way.

Thought so, since that route starts near the Hip Hog Heaven Saloon as I remember.

Zain posted:

I thought one of them was a Killer Whale that joined up too?

There is an Orca character that join the Street Sharks later in the series.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I never got this game, because of the whole grimdark thing going on. I'm looking forward to seeing what I missed.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The long explosions you mention in the third video aren't a PS2 issue. They're an issue with the HD remake. There's some similar problems in the R&C remakes. Not every graphic could be translated easily to the HD version.

Edit: It's also possible to cheese the timed drive mission at the start Episode 4 by leaving it as long as possible - eventually you'll get the Yellow Pass, which lets you take a shortcut.

Edit 2: Somebody already posted this and I am dumb.

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 17, 2014

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Zain posted:

Sounds like we have a mission to do... FOR SCIENCE! :science:

Meet me Friday night and let's see if we can find an otter that's not doing anything. You bring the weasel, boy for preference.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Anthology of Failure Vol. 1 : Jak and Daxter's Pro Skater

The total running time of the raw footage for this video is 2 hour and 49 minutes. That does not include the time I spent in the practice run figuring out the best way to do this. If you include that the total time I spent playing the Jetboard Challenge is over 4 hours.

The Heavenator fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 30, 2014

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The Heavenator posted:

Anthology of Failure Vol. 1 : Jack and Daxter's Pro Skater

The total running time of the raw footage for this video is 2 hour and 49 minutes. That does not include the time I spent in the practice run figuring out the best way to do this. If you include that the total time I spent playing the Jetboard Challenge is over 4 hours.
Ooh, copyright block. That's unfortunate.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

The Heavenator posted:

Anthology of Failure Vol. 1 : Jack and Daxter's Pro Skater

Excellent choice of music

AQUABATS!

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.
So many hours of my youth, wasted on skating games, crashing back down upon me while listening to this muci.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

Update is going to be delayed a few days because I hosed up some audio. Oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

The Heavenator posted:

Update is going to be delayed a few days because I hosed up some audio. Oops.

Nooo, not AUDIO. You hosed up EDITING. That's audio AND video.

And people say my threads are goldmines of technical fuckups. :allears:

• Locked thread