Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

So, did the old thread just grow too large? No big deal in any case.

Regarding the new version, I think DF2010 came out on 1 April, so it wouldn't surprise me if that happened again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

I wish there was something that came in that horrid bright green color in the maingame so I could build a fort out of it.

I think there's some kind of fairly useless ore that's bright green. Garnierite, I think. Also, Olivine is dark green.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Bad Munki posted:

I'm surprised nobody's talking about the new release that dropped this afternoon.

t(-_-t)

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Dwarf Fortress with 3D graphics.

Holy living shitfucks.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Pickled Tink posted:

The truth, however, is that dwarves expel waste in the form of vermin,

So like Richard Gere, but in reverse?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

So, is anyone else having flocks of giant sparrows explode themselves on trees? I kept getting these weird patches of blood on the ground, and couldn't figure them out until I looked at combat reports.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Anybody else have issues with wildlife staying on the map and not leaving? I've had a cluster of raven men hovering out of the range of my archers for about two years now, and it's annoying as poo poo (since no actual wildlife is coming onto the map while they are there).

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

So an elk bird just killed 7 of my dwarves, but it didn't get a name.

They all drowned trying to get to it. :downs:

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Somehow, one of my hunters fired a crossbow bolt, missed, hit a beekeeper, and subsequently triggered a loyalty cascade in the meeting hall. Eleven dwarves are dead so far, everyone is horrified, and somehow the cat that got crippled by forgotten beast nerve gas 5 years ago is still crawling around.

Edit: A sheep just passed out from exhaustion from wrestling dwarves. Also, a child punched a wolverine so hard its head exploded into gore.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

DFhack is the tits, everyone and their children should use it.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

See you in 2047.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I'm not sure, I think you'd have to modify the kobold entity in the raws.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Caused something weird while channeling.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I would like to dedicate this post to the miner Dodok Nokgolsigun, who managed to crack a Roc's skull even after it ripped their heart out of their chest.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I'm getting that urge to play DF again that comes around every couple months. Has the stress system been fixed, or is there still some raw edits that need to be made to make it not horrible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

hell yeah