Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

seeing as a cool new patch is out, I've a question: is there a way of making the caverns flat? I kinda want to do a fort entirely between the caverns and the magma and use the caverns as a replacement above ground level but I get all confused with the wildly varying z-levels of the 'floor' of the cave. there a mod or a hack of something so theyre less jacked up and more of a gentle slope or perfectly flat or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

Telsa Cola posted:

You can gently caress with passage and cavern density of whatever in world gen and this tends to make them massive caverns with high ceilings, though you will still have 1-3 levels per cavern, they will be less janky though.

You could also I think adjust the amount of caverns layers which also.might have an effect.

oh neat ive not messed with the world gen parameters too much so I'll give it a go, massive caverns with high ceilings sounds about right