Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

What will & won't building destroyers go through? trying to design defences with a drowning chamber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

duralict posted:

They can't destroy walls or things they can only access from below (like a forbidden hatch). There are also some weird quirks to diagonals that make them unable to destroy things based on placement.

Sorry for being dumb, but can they go through a natural dirt wall at the same Z level as themselves?

Like will they go through the wall from outside into the dirt doom:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Moridin920 posted:

The best is when a dwarf just makes an artifact adamantine cloak.

granite encrusted granite bed, yeah good work rear end in a top hat.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I really wish catapults worked more like catapults, the whole z-level thing makes them so drat useless.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I googled beakdogs.

what.

Pound_Coin fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 15, 2014

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Except they're bipedal

Spanish Matlock posted:

This. It's this.

Yep.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Bad Munki posted:

Hey, that's when my kid is due! He'll surely be covered in filth in no time.

remember to give them armour diapers, you'll never have to change them.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Any sign of a Lazy newb pack equivalent yet?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

The Shortest Path posted:

I've been having the same issue. The only thing I can guess is happening is that the barrels that the Plump Helmets are being stored in are also being used for seeds or some other thing and are thus in constant transit. I'm working on fixing that and trying a few other things, but I haven't had any luck in the past few hours.

Never Store your seeds for planting in barrels, the hauling cluster-gently caress it causes has been the downfall of many a fort, have a separate bags only see stockpile near your farms.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Is there a current LNP with mouse + dwarf therapist support? I've not played in a while.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

scamtank posted:

I dunno about mouse support, but Peridexis probably has packed up whatever there is.

Thanks, this is great, but does anyone know how to toggle multi-layered view, and if I can change scroll wheel from zoom in/out to z level up/down, oh and where the hauling labours in dwarf therapist have gone? :ohdear:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

toady is insane and it's great

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I'm using the latest version of the windows LNP, and every time I hit ALT + A to set up autolabours it crashes dfhack and DF :(

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

loving hell I just finished a bedroom wing.

Couple Questions: How many Z levels should a pit be to produce a pleasing Goblin gib explosion when they hit the floor at the bottom of it? and how do I get my idiot dwarfs to dump Goblins from a cage down a hole without these dipshits opening the cage and getting goblin'd

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

scamtank posted:

The arena mode is specifically adjusted for scientific shenanigans like this!! Assuming a normal, naked goblin and a normal, generic stone floor, you need 3 levels before you get injuries and 6-7 until body parts start getting crushed on impact.

I say go for 15 levels and line the bottom with lead for good measure.

I think I'll go for about 12 levels drop into a marble floored glass box.

:iit:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

GenericOverusedName posted:

If it wasn't for the magma bag bug that would be my guess. How does bags of magma even happen.

Very carefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Anyone else feel dwarf fortress patch notes are sometimes like reading God's diary?

"loving elephants again"

"Today I really hosed up carp"