Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
To be fair the car is a colossal gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The onboards are nuts for showing the amount of never ending corrections going on. These cars may sound a bit limp but they're certainly brutal.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Also Marcus Ericsson and Caterham are god awful.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
ahahaha holy gently caress Grosjean is loving mad as hell

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Kilmers Elbow posted:

So where's Whitmarsh these days? Is he even at Melbourne?

He hasn't even been to the factory in weeks from last reports. Big Ron said its an issue between him and Whitmarsh and its a private matter that he'll sort out in due time and blah blah no more comment.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

You Am I posted:

I seriously doubt Lotus will be able to complete a qualifying session with both cars, let alone get into Q2

NOOOOOOOTHHHINGGGGGG ISS SOLLLVVVEEEDDDD!!!!!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lmao the cheers

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Massa loving owns.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Wow quieter cars = you can really hear the cheers

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112935

So Vettel's issue was basically the Renault software taking a massive poo poo all over the place on him. I recall him complaining about a lack of power during one of the radios and I think Brundle also mentioned it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
First Dane on the podium ever.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

El Hefe posted:

Magnussen is quite an ugly bastard isn't he.

At least we know for certain that driving ability reigns above personal marketability in F1.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Seeing Bottas tear up the field after his little kiss to the wall makes me really wonder how Massa would have gone on. Williams really exciting this season.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
So Magnussen moves up to 2nd beating Lewis's debut with McLaren. The White Senna.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Speaking of noise, the Australian Grand Prix organizers are claiming that the quieter engines actually breach the contract between them and FOM.

quote:

Australian Grand Prix organisers claim their contract may have been breached because the Formula One cars were not loud enough.

The quieter cars, under this season’s new F1 rules, detracted from the “sexiness” of the race and meant Melbourne did not get what it paid for, Australian Grand Prix Corporation chief executive, Andrew Westacott, says.

Grand Prix chairman, Ron Walker, has already been in discussions with Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone and made it clear organisers are unhappy.

“One aspect of it was just a little bit duller than it’s ever been before and that’s part of the mix and the chemistry that they’re going to have to get right,” Westacott told Fairfax Radio on Monday. “Ron spoke to [Ecclestone] after the race and said the fans don’t like it in the venue.

“We pay for a product, we’ve got contracts in place, we are looking at those very, very seriously because we reckon there has probably been some breaches.”

Westacott said he did not need earplugs in pit lane at the start of the race and described the sounds as being like harpsichords in a chamber orchestra.

He expects hardcore racing fans in Europe will be even less impressed by the quieter cars.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/17/formula-one-cars-not-loud-enough-says-australian-grand-prix-organiser

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Yeah I agree with this. Honestly the reason I liked that race was that it just came across like a normal race. No stupid DRS passes with huge speed differentials, no hand-wringing about tires- it was one of the most "normal" races in some time. Hope it keeps up.

I literally forgot about DRS and didn't notice it at all throughout the race.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Wasn't mid to late 90s Murray universally terrible though cause his dementia and senility was kicking in?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFsD9NElDa4

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Haven't seen that one in years. Also Damon is far more natural and charismatic here than any given second when he's on Sky. Which, you know, still isn't saying much.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

darth cookie posted:

Isn't she the sole heiress to the Williams estate as well? Frank can't possibly have that many years left in him and if the Williams team is on an upward trajectory when he eventually shuffles loose his mortal coil then she could sell the team for a fair bit... or better yet, keep the team so I can get into every paddock on the calendar.

I guess what I'm saying is that I could use a sugar momma.

He has a son, you know. He used to work for Williams and might still but I think his main thing these days is being a driver agent.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The Google Doodle is Senna.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Does anyone else find it weird whenever someone says 'I'm hungry for a podium/win/whatever'? In any sport? Hungry is such a weird word.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

nsaP posted:

It's not a metaphor, it's the definition of the word.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hungry

How long till the next race?

I know. My point is it's still a weird word. I don't like it one bit.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I guess I missed this a couple days ago but two well known ex-F1 drivers have signed up for the Formula E driver's club which is basically them endorsing the series as well as declaring their interest in racing in the series.

Please say hello to Jarno Trulli and Nick Heidfeld.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

dirtyfrog posted:

Found this on reddit earlier. Title is "If Only"

:cry:

ahahaha i'm dying

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Just watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agajiJOtlyc

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Brazil 2006 to see MSC's charge through the field in his last ever drive.

The Mercedes years never happened just FYI.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Dont forget when Kimi denied Force India a win at Spa because he had KERS and they didn't.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I wonder if that's his first time in a single seater since he retired.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Quotin' this for my favourite driver & livery of that era.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

CaptainYesterday posted:

A 40-minute lap.

An excellent companion to fast_heikki.jpg

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

they don't podium

Ugh. Christ.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

simplefish posted:

https://www.formula1.com

It has a helpful countdown, which, of course, means timeones don't matter.

More importantly the 'Convert to my time' option just below the countdown.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I haven't had a Red Bull in a while but its pretty much exactly what I imagine drinking some sort of floor cleaning solution to taste like. Such a foul product.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Dating Ginger Spice, managed a team to a 5-time consecutive WDC & WCC run, and rumoured to be Bernie's successor. And he's only 41. Horny Horner's going to be around for a long while yet.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Fag Boy Jim posted:

and a complete lack of any sporting history.

I agree with your other points but come on. This one is bullshit. History has to start somewhere and you can't really hold this against them.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The most bizarre poo poo Red Bull does is apply their livery to military equipment. Clearly they're glorifying war and the holocaust.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Doesn't sound like I missed much. That's one hella gap Lewis had to Nico though. Wonder how much he was holding back.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

enri posted:

Just a few more things I need to get off my chest... I know the Sky coverage is considered to be universally poo poo, but watching the BBC coverage today with whatsisface and old box face commentating was really painful to listen to. I think I prefer Brundle and Croft.. there, I said it. DC with his RB bias just pisses me off.

Eddie Jordan does my tits in (yes yes we get it he's a crazy mad loud irishman), never been a fan of Suzi Perry, DC see above and the other commentator guy is completely forgettable.

The BBC has Lee McKenzie though, that's the only upside of the beeb coverage.

Lee was robbed when they brought in Suzi Perry. Anyone who watched the BBC MotoGP coverage already knew she was quite awful at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Honestly, the only person I have a problem with in regards to Sky is Simon Lazenby. How that guy wasn't fired after his Princess Grace comment eludes me.

• Locked thread