Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Looks like Lewis is back with Nicole.

http://instagram.com/p/lcO49NL09n/

Why is this guy calling her wifey? So much for him being the 2014 WDC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I've always wondered why we don't see more Silicon Valley companies or websites get involved with F1. It would be cool to see Google sponsor a car.

Besides, we should be happy that fans aren't trying to use a parody cyrptocurrency to sponsor a car.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

It's too bad Van Der Garde doesn't have a ride because this helmet is pretty cool - http://instagram.com/p/lzH8iDn6hl/

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

The pit radio traffic was publicly available at one point, enough so that someone made an irritating irc bot (might well even have been you)

Not as irritating as the butt bot.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Spaced God posted:

Pardon my ignorance, but how exactly could an engine be illegal in a way that isn't blatantly obvious? Don't they have sensors that detect everything?

The same way they could have an illegal front wing?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Riso posted:

Ferrari's trick is not using 3kg of lead protection on the turbo in case it breaks. Merc and Renault complained and Ferrari agreed to put it in sometime mid season.

Why would they complain about not having the 3kg of lead protection?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Bad Luck Daniel Ricciardo also received a reprimand on top of everything else because a pit crew member wasn't wearing a helmet.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

pik_d posted:

The articles I see about this say that Red Bull get that reprimand, not Ricciardo, where do you see your version?

Oh whoops, just re-read it on the FIA's website and it's definitely to Red Bull, not Ricciardo.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

My god that race was amazing. Thought it was interesting what the NBC Sports guys were saying about Lewis and Nico's relationship. They quoted Lewis saying a couple days ago that they aren't friends anymore.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

But Mercedes isn't full of douchebags?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Isn't Williams supposed to be profitable with their subsidiaries?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Don't know if it was posted in here, but according to Ted, the problem with Massa's pit stop wasn't because of damage to the wheel when he was hit by Alonso. It's because his pit crew accidentally switched the left and right tires (wheel nut spins differently on both sides) and it took them a while to realize that.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

PT6A posted:

I believe it was mentioned during the race.

I watch NBC Sports so I miss a lot of the small details. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Bernie is the best villain.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I really doubt that Caterham or Marussia would put a 50 year old Russian businessman in one of their cars. HRT on the other hand...

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

RIP Senna, he wasn't worse than Hitler :unsmith:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Speaking of tickers, I noticed something after watching a bunch of American Indy/sports car stuff recently. American TV channels almost all use a scrolling ticker of race positions on screen through the entire race.

Fox changed their NASCAR ticker this year. It's a bit similar to the F1 ticker but still has some tinkering to be done to it.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

So can someone put this on a trophy?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Future WDC Maldonado set the fastest lap today during testing.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

NtotheTC posted:

Do you guys remember when people unironically said "Cmon guys Vettel's won four WDC's it can't ALL be the car."?

Of course it wasn't all the car. Remember how the team sabotaged Mark's car every race weekend?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Future WDC Maldonado may need to find a new source of funding soon because Venezuela's new sports minister is the Hitler of Venezuela. :(

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/maldonado-s-venezuelan-backing-could-end/

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Uhh, ok.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Oh my god it's starting. The thread is starting to turn on Lewis.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Hey let's talk about how cool Vettel's Monaco helmet is.

keevo fucked around with this message at 07:58 on May 23, 2014

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

WhoNeedsAName posted:

I was thinking more Bernie but Ron does have the "standing outside a school wearing a flashers mac" look about him too.

Isn't Vettel supposed to be close with Bernie?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

Surprised he got away with that. Its fairly obvious hes rocking the car to try and lock his wheels. Either way Rosberg will not win that race.

I don't get how you can say that when the .gif comparison in this same page shows that he was doing that same poo poo during his pole lap. Whatever though.

On a lighter note,

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Yeah, I'm willing to believe Britney this time that it was an accident. The problem with the .gifs is that one is in real time and the other is slowed down, so it's harder to tell if he's trying to cause a lock up on purpose.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Here's a bit more on it: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/may/25/tony-fernandes-ready-to-quit-caterham-f1

Looking for around 350mil pounds. Anyone interested?

Dogecoin F1 :getin:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

After this last race, Pastor Maldonado is officially in last place of the WDC. He'd probably be 3rd or 4th in the championship by now if F1 & the FIA weren't so racist.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Wait do we know if Lewis and Nicole are ok? What if they broke up again and that's why this is happening. :ohdear:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

CratSock posted:

Vettel... is turning out to be better than Hamilton. THAT is how you congratulate your teammate for a win (when he beats you). I was surprised at the effort he put in to imitate human emotion there. Full credit awarded.

Nah that was just a PR move.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Saw this on Reddit. Perez has a poll on his website asking who people think was at fault for the crash.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Why are the brakes racist?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

If it means that the Rolex signs are changed to Red Bull signs, I might be ok with it.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I like how Fernando retweeted this and then took it down.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Hey cool, Lewis adopted a kid to play with Roscoe and whatever that other dog's name is. https://twitter.com/lewishamilton/status/480782091039567872

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

quote:

- A number of new regulations for the noses to ensure improved safety and to provide more aesthetically pleasing structures.
Hey so I guess there's one positive change happening.

quote:

- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) usage is to be reduced from 30 Teraflops to 25 Teraflops.

And here the teams will be able to save a couple thousand dollars in hard drive space!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Riso posted:

Bernie found a witness that exonerates him in the German trial.

Guess who's gonna walk.

I always believed in you Bernie. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

MattD1zzl3 posted:

When bernie dies i am going to come in this thread and remind you that it didnt come soon enough.

gently caress bernie. His puny human life has lasted too long and ruined too much.

Jokes on you, Bernie can't die.

• Locked thread