Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Great OP, loves it.

I will be at Qualifying tomorrow and then on IRC for the race while I watch Ch 10 and Webber poo poo all over everyone and everything Red Bull related (you know it's going to happen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

I really don't think it will. Webber's not a dickhead, and even if he hates Helmut Marko with good reason he's probably still good buddies with 95% of the team and is still being paid to do corporate events for them like Coulthard, so he's not going to slag them off.

Yeah I know :(

God it would be hilarious though :)

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

I wonder which driver me ma's going to fall madly in love with now "that nice Mr. Webber" has retired

If she's similar to my wife then it'll be either Button or Alonso to be honest.

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Just got back and escaped the worst of the rain

That was super fun - was at T4 complex where Kimi rammed the wall. The cheers for anything BLDR did were immense and when he topped Q3 at the end the crowd went batshit.

All up that was the best Saturday I've been to for a long time and I've been to the last 6.

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Diet Crack posted:

Top of the predictor table thanks to Ricky's DSQ. :smug:

Unless they have something in their contract saying "Your cars must make x amount of dB" this isn't going to go anywhere.

You people who got that many points were just going for upsets or are actual F1 savants.

That said I was kinda happy with my 50 pts but boy did my picks go out the window when Ham/Vet both retired and the Williams ended up being unlucky

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

"i liked the sound of the old cars" - a valid opinion
"i don't like the sound of the new cars" - a valid opinion
"the sound of the cars affects how entertaining the races are" - objectively false
"i'm going to win a race this year" - words mclaren drivers have forgotten how to say
"sorry" - bizarro pastor maldonado

- el hefe

Pretty sure this post wins the worst thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Gmaz posted:

Yeah exactly, I'd always expect local media to root for their own and pay closer attention to them.

The levels that Australian media used to fellate Mark Webber and still Daniel Ricciardo is insane.

• Locked thread