Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I feel a bit bad for Caterham having a crap engine on top of everything else to do with their cars, but if if means i get to hear Grosjean yelling over the radio and the Vettelsreich is at bay for a few months then i'm all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

nsaP posted:

"Pasta Maldonado" joke so bad that I turned off FP2 coverage

You missed out on the other Maldonado joke (his driving ability) where he crashes into the tyre wall on the pitlane entry.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Actually I would probably hate Vettel no matter what he did

That helmut is cool. Hungry hungry Hamilton is pretty good at being a press robot, but if i were in his position i would be willing to literally open my mouth and make the sound of white noise interspersed with 56k modem beeps if it meant i could fill my mansion with dopey photos of my pets. Not sure who the gently caress the 'real roots' angle thing is going to convince though.

edit: gently caress sky for making it impossible to watch full archives of all the races and practices in the UK. Someone stake the murdochs already.

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 10:33 on May 23, 2014

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
That was a GP2 as gently caress move right there, i'm surprised he didn't get turned in on before.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Here's that GP2 traffic jam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv71ra1-dJ4

Doesn't beat the 1st corner pileup from last year, though.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Korwen posted:

Haven't several cars had issues under braking where the rear gets a little too light? That's looks to be the same thing that happened to Kyvatt when he put the nose in the wall, the back just got too light and swung around. My guess is he was trying to keep it from swapping ends.

Yeah, i can't remember who but one of the slower teams had a driver that lost traction really easily on Nico's Cheating Bastard Scum Schumacher mk2 corner during practice, i don't remember if the reason for it was said later on, but it was a similar downhill, braking, lightly turning situation where the rear traction just gave up suddenly.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Well Hamilton's hosed already.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Fag Boy Jim posted:

For the record, Vettel still has zero (0) wins when starting lower than third. Ricciardo has two (2).
I'm really wondering how different the support Red Bull gives their 'first' and 'second' drivers is, I love the idea that vettel is in truth crap but the difference between the two has a fairly noticeable gap across the board.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I love it. Bribe a man to not "lie" about your tax avoidance, have him imprisoned, bribe the court to not be found guilty. What a horrible little goblin of a man.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
what can i say the lad's got fight in him as you'd expect from a Brit, what a legend

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I just can't imagine the Gs involved being anything but really, really bad. F1 cars are safe but there's not much to crumple and more gradually slow you if you hit something solid. The speeds were probably different but Sutil speared right into that barrier. I dunno, i can't imagine it but i just really hope Bianchi's alright.

I was wondering at the time why the poo poo there wasn't a safety car out, since they had a recovery vehicle out in a runoff area. Ugh. Ugggghhhh.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Butt Wizard posted:

There's no population base for it here. The Rugby World Cup basically stretched us to our limits for hospitality and there isn't anywhere to build a circuit and nowhere to have a street race. And no one is going to come out here as well if there's a race with a three hour shorter flight they can see. Sometimes life sucks, that's the way it is.

That said, I still find the view that races should happen at Donnington or Brands or Imola or any other obviously unsuitable circuit because 'tradition' or 'British/Italian fans care more' stupidly Eurocentric. If F1 wants to be a European navel gazing exercise, then so be it, but that's not what F1 is. It's trying to be a world championship.

If you want something to blame for less EU races, blame the tobacco advertising ban.
Don't worry, i'd be a huge crying baby if i never had a race on my lovely island too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
So the thing that made me give up watching f1 halfway through 2012 has finally been acknowledged and it means nearly nothing. :hfive:

• Locked thread