Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
If you're going to buy Battlefury on Bounty Hunter, the least you could loving do is finish it before 20 minutes. Preferably sooner with all the Track gold you're getting from killing people and not statically farming in lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
He was more charismatic as a fat hedonist than generic spirit guy.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

TheQat posted:

All the tournament Tinys are doing Treads->(optional Drum)->Agh->AC->Crit anymore, at least that I can remember. Try it, you might like it

Nah, there's more variation than that. Phase Boots just as common as Treads. Drums are very popular as an early-mid game item to help your mana pool, but usually gets sold off first. Early Yasha is good for chasing people down so you can combo them, and late game Manta Styles are popular. The last time I saw someone go Treads straight in to Aghs was AUI standing in for Fnatic at the D2L finals, and he had a lot of problems not getting kited.

http://www.datdota.com/hero.php?q=Tiny&p=matches

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Weave is good, but I hate how Weave doesn't show the AoE on the ground after the initial cast.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Welp.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Free to Play update: not actually free to play

(I think they uploaded the wrong image.)

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

hi liter posted:

Do goon games still happen in lljk? Or have people moved on to something new?

Try ddrgd.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
The black Rot effect looks particularly bad.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
MMR is important because once you hit 5000 your name gets automatically added to a database of future pros and then you get picked up by Navi and win TI4.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Elman posted:

A guy just disconnected for about 10 minutes at the start of a game. We paused for a while but gave up eventually, the game hadn't even started yet and he had private profile so we couldn't tell if he was coming back.

Then he comes back with less than 30 seconds left. And stays cause "I don't want to get LPQ".

Sounds like RickoniX. Did he use hero names like Balanar, Lesale Deathbringer or Rogue Knight?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
What's worse, Battlefury Bounty Hunter or Battlefury Ember Spirit? I dont think I've ever seen a Battlefury first Ember Spirit be effective in a pub game.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I'm the guy spectating because, really, who plays Dota 2 any more?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I didn't get my notification this thing must be bugged :valvebeta:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Has anyone else stopped getting successful report notifications? Haven't got one in weeks.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

xcore posted:

Try checking your notifications tab. They no longer appear as a pop up on screen at start up, you probably just have a ton of unread notifications.

Oh, that's why. Hate it when they do this stuff and dont tell anyone.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

kalstrams posted:

I am just looking for some hero that is relatively easy to control and has an aptitude towards killing Pudge alone. Long story short, the only two heroes I have at least some idea how to play with are both unsuitable for killing Pudge in a duel.

Who do you have that are unsuitable for killing Pudge in a duel?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

kalstrams posted:

Ancient Apparition and Necrolyte. Ancient Apparition sometimes works well for that purpose, but those are usually players that are even worse than I am.

AA dumpsters Pudge in a mid matchup. You probably wont kill him 1v1, but no melee likes getting Cold Feeted, and AA'srange and attack animation are both pretty good and damage is good if you go Cold Feet/+stats. Necrolyte is a bit tougher because your animation and base damage aren't very good, but Death Pulse and Heartstopper can keep the lane pushed up, letting you get runes and keeping him at his tower.

Pudge has bad armor, average base damage, no range, no creep clear, no sustain and bad rune control. The only way he wins a 1v1 lane is if he lands a hook, which, if you're positioned properly, he should never do. Place an uphill ward if you're worried, and try to notice when he starts to roam.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Rot costs hp and makes you sit in the middle of a creep wave and that's a really bad thing to do when you're taking autoattacks and Cold Feets from AA. Cold Feet/+stats isn't the best build, but it's good against Pudge at the very least.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

IT BEGINS posted:

How is this bad? The serious mode isn't split into a million modes, and splitting the queue's isn't a big problem unless you're at the very high or low ends of matchmaking. I'm at 4.2k and I have no problems getting even games the vast majority of the time.

I'm not very high or very low and it commonly takes me 5 minutes to find a match.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
China is, and always will be, the greatest.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
There aren't enough good NA players for 3 good teams. C9 is 3/5ths European, EG is 2/5ths European, and even Liquid have one Euro guy.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Hah, what kind of Canadian name is Artour?

(I thought PPD was from Denmark or something.)

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Firebatgyro posted:

DK is 2/5 SEA, i guess there aren't enough good Chinese players to make teams

How else is Burning going to challenge himself? It's like when Goku trained at 100x normal gravity preparing himself for Frieza.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Maxing Jinada first makes last hitting easier while you farm your Battlefury and pretend you're Antimage.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

TheQat posted:

this has to be a joke

get a goddamn bottle instead of spending 1000 gold to ruin your boots slot

http://www.datdota.com/match.php?q=542129803&p=items

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

KyloWinter posted:

Remove the ability to disable her ult and she's viable competitively.

It was like this in 6.76/6.77 and it was ridiculous in pubs. She's already competitively viable.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
There are a few teams that like Riki/Wisp +1 aggressive trilanes, but it's mostly a fun gimmick than a preferred strategy.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Firebatgyro posted:

Work on your DatDota game, there are like 10 games listed there for Illidan this patch

Illidan plays for Virtus.pro :v:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

RisqueBarber posted:

Maybe just list the ones you like.

Donkey. Ward covered in eyes.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Music distracts me while I'm drving so I'd rather not listen to music at all while driving.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Kyrosiris posted:

If hats and custom wards/couriers is such a loving anathema, there is a solution, use it, and shut the hell up, christ on a cracker.

I had no idea this existed. Rock on.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

kalstrams posted:

Have Chen hooks been fixed?

Chen/Skewer is the new hotness. Expect Navi to knockout out another cool Chinese team using it during TI4.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Does anyone know where I can find this wallpaper?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

TITY BOI posted:

Pick your poisoin. In AP you get people who spam whatever hero is most OP over and over again for 400 games, in CM/CD you get mongoloid instalock captains who think they're the next coming of Puppey. You basically can't win

Play All Random.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

killstealing posted:

Bullshit, you can keep winning more than half your games until an extremely high level by just lasthitting more than the other guy.

It's always funny to me when new players come here asking for advice, and usually the first thing they ask about is 'what items do i buy?', when really they need to be asking 'how can i earn more money?'. The answer is always the same, last hit better, kill people, and dont waste time.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Funny because Man Tresdin was a huge racist rear end in a top hat.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I think it was meant to make it easier to place a wards top lane and bottom lane at the start, without making it too easy by selling wards as singles.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

loving all pick, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Cant be any worse than this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H5jinomf-k

• Locked thread