Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

You were expecting...Sandy Claws?

Fun Shoe

Boing posted:

I hadn't thought of starting as ganking Tiny and transitioning into carry Tiny, it sounded inefficient but I'll give it a try!

It's my preferred way of playing Tiny, ideally you gank so drat hard once you get your blink dagger, the transition to Aghs > AC doesn't take too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

The Lord of Hats posted:

Having just gone 13-1-something as Zeus (their Alch mid never bothered to contest runes), I have to wonder: who's the most fun character to be rolling the enemy team with? Because it feels like shooting lightning everywhere and having mortals across the map die is pretty hard to top.

Funnily enough, Disruptor is probably my favourite dude at the moment for smugly sending TPs home (or bringing escaping TPs back from the fountain from 1800 range :unsmigghh:), dragging carries back to the team into ragecage/ult, just generally being a monster for ruining the enemy's positioning. I think it was Zoolooman who summed it up - if you go somewhere and there's a Disruptor around, you better be prepared to go there twice.

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Win or lose, you want a force staff on your entire team at the end to bucket-chain people in/out of the well.

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

cindel posted:

Hrm, this sounds legit and I do like murdering fools. I got Ogre in a game of Least Played and I loved him.

Roaming Ogre is super legit. You should level Fireblast at 1 but then level Ignite over, as it does more damage at every rank (excluding multicasts) and has a scaling slow. You're one of the tankiest supports around in terms of sheer stat gain (3.2 str gain on an Intelligence hero. SIX STARTING ARMOUR. :stonk:) so you can get away with some early aggression. I sometimes take an opportunistic early rank of Bloodlust if we get a gank and push a tower with a catapult, because Bloodlusted Catas are p. scary to towers if you can keep them alive.

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I think he's a little bit situational. There're definitely arguments for maxing each one at 7, I just find that the longer duration on Ignite is worth it, especially when it goes AoE when multicast and slows two or three people for 8 seconds and does 400 magic damage over time. I guess it depends how much you need burst, does the enemy have blinks, is your team good at chasing people down, those sorts of questions.
I would probably only do early (multiple) bloodlust levels as part of a major push lineup, but that's not to say it isn't really goddamn effective in that sort of situation.

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Shockeh posted:

Max Dual Breath! It's 380 damage nukedamage-over-time! Those two guys are just wrong!

Only 5 second duration, but still, pendant. Duration counts for a lot when there's heals in the game.

Edit: poo poo I better edit this before a pedant points out that I can't spell the word.

Sundayturks fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Apr 22, 2014

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

So, Undying, hints and tips? If I get reasonably rich from early dominance and have the mek up, where do I go next?

Pipe, Shivas, Necrobook, Atos, BKB - all are good items on him depending on what you need. He's pretty versatile. Later in the game Sheepstick is pretty much your best luxury item - maybe Aghs if you have good CC and are feeling tanky enough to let your ult's bonus heals kick in during teamfights.

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

BabyRyoga posted:

Apparently, if you use the gem from the sniper immortal in another weapon, it looks like he is grabbing his junk. REAL immortal potential found!

It is pretty wonderful.

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Brassherald posted:

I am surprised every time I play Abaddon, I feel like people heard Axe counters him but don't know how it works since I never get dunked by Axe, so that explains his win rate. In other news, Abaddon is great.

Axe's dunk threshold isn't >400 until either rank 3 normal ult (450), or ranks 2 (450) and 3 (625) of Aghs-boosted ult.
The window's smaller than you think, you've got to nuke him past the threshold and then dunk immediately for the early game, else he'll quickly heal if there's any other damage flying around.

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

McCloud posted:

Recently had a match where I was pugna and facing an ursa. This ursa had a liking for shadow blading and then p. much just instagibbing me. Wards didn't help much, because by the time I could react he was already chewing on my rear end.

So my question is this: What items do you get against a hard to kill rightclicker? I've had this problem before, not just with ursa, but Sniper, Lycan, clockwerk to some extent. Do I go with a euls to buy my team time to react, and hope they can take him down before he murders me? Do I get a heavens halbeard to neuter them for a couple seconds? A ghost scepter to make myself immune to physical damage? (as an aside, can you cast poo poo while ghosted?). Do I get a blade mail and hope my team can murder him while he's choking on my carcass? Advise the noob please.

Also, how the hell do I make the most of Pugnas nether wards? I see some people get stupid amounts of damage out of them, but when I use them it mostly looks like it just tickles.

Pretty much everything you listed is viable and a Good Idea, it all depends on circumstance, who you're playing, who you're against. Say you're Pugna, you're not going to bother with Blademail because your str gain and therefore health sucks, the potential damage they'll take isn't dangerous enough for someone to care about beating your skull in.
But say you're playing Ogre Magi! You're a big tanky dude, you love being in the middle of fights beating on things and multicasting. You can soak some damage, maybe have that Phantom Assassin crit herself to death on your barbed flank or whatever the situation is.
Next game, you're still OM but now Antimage is the enemy carry - now blademail makes a bit less sense as a direct get-off-me option because that guy doesn't give two shits about magic damage due to Spell Shield, but Ghost Scepter is a good option because a dude with a 6-second-cooldown stun (at 16 ofc) can really use 4 seconds of no physical damage. You can go on like this all day.

Also, Pugna's Nether Ward is pretty dependent on who you're up against. A Lion, CM, Tinker, OD, Skywrath, anyone with old-school or naturally high manacosts and not a lot of life are your ideal targets. It also has some utility - Sand King hates it because a well-placed ward will damage him as he ults and gently caress his blink, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dizz posted:

Why would you not use the hero that the mod is loving named after! :argh:

I'd guess because he actually has animations for those spells.

• Locked thread