Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
pre:

Name: Heinrich Berchtold, aka "Birch"
Metatype: Dwarf
Concept: Rigger

Bio posted:

Birch kept his eyes focused sharply on the savanna. He knew the ways and sounds of the grasslands, and the rodents who lived there. And he knew what it meant when the tall, dry grass twitched just the smallest bit. With his keen senses he could see what no human could see, the individual stalks of grass barely tremble as a mouse brushed between them. Could hear the faint sound of mouse teeth, chewing on a seed. The mouse was thirty meters away.

Easy.

He opened his wings slowly, released the grip of his talons on the dead branch and fell into the sky, swooping silently toward his prey. A momentary flash of brown through the grass at the last second and it was all over. He took his prize back to his perch and enjoyed the hot bloody morsel that still pulsed with life even as he tore bloody gobbets of flesh from its bones.

His hunger sated, he dove into the sky once more, using the sheer power of his wings to force himself ever higher until he caught the thermal. A pillar of warm air that rose up from the ground as it was heated by the sun. He swept into that warm air and it lifted him up like an elevator. Higher and higher, until the blinding white of the sunsoaked clouds filled his vision.

"Birch! You done yet?"

The question echoed in his head, meaningless as the blinding white coalesced into vaguely recognizable forms and colors. There was a figure looming over him, and he felt a sudden bout of terror. Predator? No. He was sitting on a couch, and it was standing, so they were the same size, and it looked kinda like him come to think of it. Eagles weren't social animals. That meant a rival. In his territory.

He dove past the looming figure, which squawked loudly as he shoved its scrawny naked form aside, and sprinted to his room, desperate to get the pistol he had hidden in his underwear drawer. He needed to protect his territory. If he didn't defend it he'd be driven out of the good hunting grounds and where would he be then? It was kill or be killed. By the time he walked back to his living room with the gun he was wondering why he was holding it.

"Hey, rear end in a top hat, get what you were in such a loving rush for?" "Yeah... I was just worried about my messages. Waiting on an important work call. Wasn't sure how long long I'd been hot for."
He flung himself down on the couch next to where Heidi was busy sorting beetles from a large case into clear bags, putting the gun gently aside. Birch picked up the nearest beetle bag, reading the labels of the individual chips inside.

'Troll-GnomeMMMF', 'OrkMM/ElfF', 'Frej and the Brisinga sisters'. "Ugh. You into trogs now?" "Grodi Birch. They're for customers. And not everyone can get off to birds." Birch rolled his eyes. "Better birds than your tacky romance sims. And its got nothing to do with sex, especially with you here."

As he said this he went to gaze at her body appreciatively, but suddenly got to wondering if he'd always been able to count her ribs so easily. She'd certainly always been scrawny for a dwarf, ever since they'd been in school together, but she'd never looked unhealthy. But her eyes were sunken now, and her skin was more pallid than pale. She was spending too long hot lately. He'd have to talk to her about that soon. She couldn't handle herself like he could. Yeah...

His contemplation was broken by a message alert on his commlink. The subject was from corporate and read 'RE: Desert Wars'. "'Bout fuckin time."

TLDR:
Racist dwarf BTL junky has a BTL related freak out hanging out with his junkie dealer/girl friend. Thinks hes a bird. Concerned about her worsening addiction while in denial about his. FIN.

pre:
Priorities
A: Resources 475,000
B: Skills 36/5
C: Attributes 16
C: Dwarf
E: Magic/Resonance 0

Base Attributes                    Final Attributes
BOD: 3/8  WIL: 2/6  EDG: 1/6       BOD: 3  WIL: 3  EDG: 2
AGI: 1/6  LOG: 1/6  ESS: 6         AGI: 4  LOG: 7  ESS: 1.2
REA: 1/5  INT: 1/6  INI: REA+INT   REA: 9  INT: 5  INI: 11
STR: 3/8  CHA: 1/6                 STR: 3  CHA: 1
[-12 Karma to increase BOD and STR from 2-3]

Limits: M | P | S
Boxes: P | S | O

Positive Qualities
Gearhead (-11)
Exceptional Attribute (Reaction)-14

Negative Qualities
Prejudiced (TROGS, Outspoken) (+7)
Moderate Addiction (BTL) (+9 (1 wasted)
Scorched (paranoid) (+10)

Skills
Active Groups
  Engineering  5
  -Aeronautics
  -Automotive
  -Industrial
  -Nautical
Active Individual
  Pilot Ground                 6
  Pilot Air                    6
  Gunnery                      6
  Sneaking                     3
  Survival                     2
  Electronic Warfare           4
  Hardware                     4
  Perception                   4
  Navigation                   2
  Tracking                     3
Knowledge/Language Skills (24)
  Drone Engineering (Professional)         4
  African Wildlife (Academic)              3
  Ares Paramilitary Tactics (Professional) 4
  Mechanical Engineering (Academic         3
  Paramilitary Culture (Street)            4

English                      N
  Japanese                     3
  Arabic                       3

Gear (450,000Y starting)
Armor

Full Body Armor w/helmet-9.6k
	-Frills
	-Chemical Seal
	-Heat Resist x5
	-Nonconductivity x2
	-Sound Selection x3
	-Vision Magnification
	-Vision Enhancement x2

Augs
Control Rig R3- 203k
Lone Star Remote Commander- 75k
Cerebral Implants X2- 63k
Commlink Implant- 7.35k
	-Transys Avalon w/Hotsim
Image Link
Flare Compensation
Low-light vision
Reaction Enhancers R3 39k
Drones

Ares Doberman w/Ares Alpha X2- 13.77k

Steel Lynx w/Ares-Stoner- 41.3k

Lockheed Optic X-2- 21k

Flyspy-  2k

Misc

Survival kit .2
Mechanics toolkits (Ground and air) 1k
Crowbar .02
19 Dreamchips: .38k
Guns 'n Ammo
Remington Roomsweeper .25
	-20 Flachette Rounds
HMG Ammo 1k rounds 2k
HMG Armor piercing rounds 500 6k
Assault Rifle ammo 1k rounds 2k
Stick n' Shock AR 200 1.6k

Contacts (3)

-25 Positive Qualities
+25 Negative Qualities
-21 Holla Holla Get Dolla
-4 for contacts.
----
0 Karma left
0 Nuyen

pre:
Contact Name: Heidi
Loyalty: 5
Connections: 2
Profession: Self-Employed BTL dealer

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

On a side note, no D category was tough as hell for a magical character!

Is there some factor of mage creation where having less money/attributes/skills is a good thing?

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

quote:

Schizotek - Birch, Dwarf Rigger

Mister Berchtold, I understand you've had several run-ins with Lone Star officers in the past, in both official Knight Errant and unofficial civilian capacities. Is there anyone on Lone Star's Desert Challenge team that you know personally? How do you think you'll try to approach their team in the field?

"First, it's pronounced "Berk-told" not "Birch-told". People call me Birch because it used to get on my nerves so much. And Angie, what makes you think I'd be buddies with one of those overpaid mallcops? Just because we're policing the same city doesn't mean we're working together to do it, see? Half of the time Knight Errant is cleaning up after those rednecks... But now that you mention it, I do have a bit of respect for a rigger I've been forced to work near in the past. Think his name is Wayne, but he's always flying one of those Lockheed X-2s, and we sometimes get parallel air patrol duties on the border of Bellevue and Redmond. So one night, things are quiet, no action going on, and he sends me a comm mocking my Rotodrone, asking how I could possibly keep up with a target in a flying brick. After a little trash talk he offers a short race along the border of the Bellevue wall. Needless to say I beat him, but barely. We had a few more races in the months afterward, and he won couple. But in the last one, about six months ago, I ended up crashing my Rotodrone against the side of an apartment trying to pull a turn without decelerating. Got the dressing down of a lifetime over it. But my CO decided that I'd be better off in an area that has a bit more action. Got to prove myself in a few high profile operations against some ganger scum out on the Tacoma docks, and now I'm lookin to be in the Desert Wars. So it all worked out in the end. But that guy had the right idea with those Lockheeds. I hate to fly anything else.

As for how I'll approach their team? Hadn't given it much thought. Of all the corps that we're coming up against, they're really the least of Ares troubles. I mean, they're the bargain option in Seattle for a reason, you get me? But from what I've seen they're all sticklers for procedures and plans. Not an ounce of imagination between their entire corporation. So take advantage of that I guess. But no plan survives contact with the enemy so its all academic right now anyway. Thanks for having me Angie."

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 22, 2014

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I just never changed the words Stoner-Ares to RPK on my sheet. All my ammo and the price listed next to the lynx were all right, I'm just an idiot. But were changing it to the homebrew one which is also Ares-Stoner so its all good.
Also 100 nuyen for me. I can get like..8 APDS rounds with it.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

AmyL needs to fix their armor before we get into combat. Its got 21 capacity worth of upgrades. I've been trying to grab you in IRC but haven't managed to get ahold of you yet. It looks like you just forgot to count your chemical seals. The enviro adaptation is also off limits to us out of the box due to availability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Sorry, haven't had real time to do the major 15 turn roll. If i'm dragging too much feel free to roll for me, but I should be able to get a post in tonight.

• Locked thread