Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
SR5: DESERT WARS.

The official story goes like this: After 2004, Libya wasn't a place so much as a mass nuclear wasteland after a conflict with Isreal, and decades later a couple of corporations caught wind of some long-lost weapons lab. They all sent out recovery teams to get the goods, but when they came into contact an all-out war exploded in that plot of sand. The media caught wind of it and broadcast the battle, garnering enourmous ratings. That's when the corps realized they stood to make more money off broadcasting fights between their security forces than whatever might be buried out in the desert.

Now the Corporate Court holds an annual event called the Desert Wars, with skirmishes staged year-round to keep the hype up and the training current. The Desert Challenge is the main event, and every AA-Corp is invited to the four-month season. Each team establishes a base in the desert, and receives its own list of mission objectives, from cracking enemy hosts to seizing landmarks to rescuing hostages, and a complex rating system determines points gained from objects and kills. From the pre-season matches to the final battle that decides the winner, it has it all: grudge matches, intrigue, story lines, special effects, and enough fatalities to keep you glued to the trideo for four months a year. It's the biggest sporting event of the year, dwarfing Soccer and Urban Brawl in ratings and promotional tie-ins.

PREMISE.
You're an Ares employee, and they've just given you the opportunity of a lifetime: they need some recruits for this year's Desert Wars, and that means you. They're offering you a plane ticket and an chance to participate in the most dangerous, most action-packed, and most profitable TV event of the year. Ares is also offering to double your wages if you come out the other side alive, plus 'performance incentives'. You'll be shipped out next week, placed in a small squad, and participate in everything from the pre-season trial games to the real deal, living in the Ares base and working together to hit all of your mission objectives over four months.

EMPLOYER.

Ares Macrotechnology is the seventh largest corporation in the sixth world. Run by wealthy playboy Damien Knight, the corp has a reputation as a very "American" outfit: gung-ho, militaristic, patriotic, and individualistic---Mom and apple pie, in other words. Ares specializes in law enforcement, military hardware and arms, aerospace (they have five orbital habitats), entertainment, automotive (the former General Motors is also part of the Ares family), and smaller divisions in many other areas. Their major subsidiaries include AresSpace, Ares Arms, Ares Global Entertainment, Knight Errant Securities, and General Motors, but they have far-reaching interests in the defense and aerospace industries. They employ hundreds of thousands of deckers, cybered-up triggermen, and mages through their children companies, and recruit out of all of them when they need Desert Wars participants.

LOCATION.
Mostly Northern Sahara. The majority of official matches take place in Algeria, the part of Egypt that was once Libya, and the part of the Sahara called the Libyan Desert. Tamanrassat in southern Algeria is the main staging point of the games, and it's where the teams are housed.

GAME FOCUS.
Military small-unit tactics, staying alive, and winning the Desert Wars (in that order).

CHARACTER CREATION.
As standard SR5 rules and errata, with the following exceptions, and a couple of paragraphs of basic character history. Explain what branch of Ares you worked for before, and why you make a great Desert Wars candidate.

Priorities will be A, B, C, C, E. Let's try to keep y'all alive.
Availability is capped at 16.
Don't bother buying fake SINs or Licenses, and SINned is no longer a Negative Quality (so much as a way of life).
Group Housing (High) is provided.

GEAR DISCOUNTS.
Ares goods are 90% market price, and you can't use guns from other sellers. These goods include:
Ares Light Fire 75
Ares Light Fire 70
Ares Predator V
Ares Viper Silvergun
Ares Crusader II
Ares Alpha
Ares Desert Strike
Ares S-III Super Squirt
Stoner-Ares M202
Ares Antioch-2
GMC Bulldog
Ares Roadmaster
Ares Dragon
Ares Venture
GMC Banshee
Ares Deulist
GM-Nissan Doberman

In addition, Ares provides Dermal Plating, Bone Lacing, Full Body Armor, Gas Mask, and Hazmat Suits.

If you'd like things Ares doesn't make (like rocket launchers :unsmigghh:), ask and we can reskin or something.

GROUP RELATIONSHIP.
A few of you may have worked together before, but never like this.

HOUSE RULES.

There will be a few other changes, because SR5 has to get house-ruled into a playable state, but that will be dealt with as they come up.

To be updated as the game proceeds.
- MGs have normal recoil (not double).
- MMG and HMG weight requirements are 4 and 6, respectively.
- Magical Burnout costs 'what it would have been': if you dropped from 4 to 1 Magic due to essence loss, it costs you 25K to go from 1 to 2.

EXTRA STUFF.
To be updated as the game proceeds.
Stoner-Ares M107 HMG
ACC 5 (6) / DMG 12P / -4 AP / FA / RC 4 (8) / 50m or 100b / 16F / 16200 (after discount)
Smartlink, Detachable Tripod
Ares Avalon Missile System
Ares Avalon: Acc 5 (6) / Missle / - / SS / - / 1 (ml) / 12F / 1350 (after discount)
Smartlink*, Airburst
A one-use missle-launching system with shoulder-mounts and a fantastic Smartgun-lite system. Because it's a one-use tool, the people at Ares have stripped down the classic Smartgun system to its most basic components: an AR rangefinder and a mechanism for remote detonation.
The Airburst works like an Aztechnology Striker. You gain an accuracy bonus for using the Smartlink system, but the normal wireless bonus for using a Smartlink system has been disabled.

Ares/Pancor Jackhammer 2
Acc 4(5) / Damage 12P / AP -1 / SA/FA / 2 RC / 15c/28d / 14F / 3000 (2700 after discount)
- Gas-Vent 2 System, Internal Smartgun System, Imaging Scope with Low-Light Vision
Hydrade/Dehydrate (Spell)
P/S/T/F-1

APPS THUS FAR.

bunnielab - Matches, Ork Street Sam
InfiniteJesters - Enojado Salvador, Dwarf Street Sam
CisMaleTheSensitiv - Mr. White, Elf Street Sam
malikial - Jameson "St. John" Delora, Elf Street Sam
ViscerusIgnea - Franz Talhoffer, Human Street Sam

thelazyblank - Nina Walker, Dwarf Decker

Schizotek - Birch, Dwarf Rigger
kloaked00 - Mark Izzone, Elf Rigger

AmyL - Caustic Belli, Dwarf Mage

Arkangelus - Darius "Wolf" Jones, Ork Bowfighting Adept
Seven Socks - Dess Ferorvell, Human Corporate Spook Adept
Bouquet - Igider Abrika, Elf Unarmed Combat Adept
Bigass Moth - Karl Bradford, Human Gunslinger Adept

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
There are a lot of us in #shadowrun if you'd like help with a character.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

CirclMastr posted:

Is there such a thing as a milspec mage? If so, put me down for that.

I imagine that the military would love having mages around. Physical barriers, ice sheets, invisbility, levitation, increased attributes on the fly, and the list goes on.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Does Ares make that monowhip thing?

I don't see why they wouldn't. It seems in-genre for Ares Arms to make some monofilament weapons, even if just in-house.

thelazyblank posted:

This does sound like a fun plot. Is there gonna be any use for someone with a face-type background? If not, I'm thinking of going with a gunslinger adept.

I'm not certain how I would fit a face in. You could steal other team's uniforms and try to sneak around like that, and it might lead to some excellent hijinks, but at the end of the day these are war games and Ares is likely to hire people who can do something when the bullets start flying.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
On the subject of contacts

Try to write up people that either live in or around Tamanrassat, or participate in the games themselves. The Desert Wars bring out all of the top-tier warmongers and arms dealers, and they usually stay around for the front row seats and the business deals. For example, you might know a guy that rides around the Wars' deserts in a dune buggy selling drugs and toxins to the highest bidders, or one of the Ares quartermasters from when he used to work security with you.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
What character building program do you want to use to keep things consistent?

I really like Google Doc's excel clone, because it's online. I know there are a number of SR sheets in it floating around. Whatever you do, though, I'd ask that you have your bio and contacts on it somewhere, not just the numbers, so that I have a single reference source for your character.

Ares gear is at 90% cost, is that ONLY Ares-labeled gear in the main book or can we use the supplements that are out? Does cyberware get any reduction?
Ares-labeled, but GMC counts because they're a direct subsidiary.
Any books in 5E are fine but FFS don't buy a Ultimax Rain Forest Carbine. Also, don't buy things out of the RnG preview.
Again, if there's a gun that exists that you like but that isn't Ares, I bet Ares makes a market competitor.

Is this pretty much "anything goes"? Will there be much social or legwork, or mostly combat?

It is very much "anything goes", but the scope of social interaction may be limited. You could probably have a few passing conversations with Renraku's group, or try to strike up a temporary alliance with Lone Star, but every group has their own objectives and there may be any number of incentives to work together or against each other. Legwork will be a thing, but your superiors will likely refer to it as "recon". The people playing these games would prefer not to get killed, and while live ammo is used in the Desert Challenge, wholesale slaughter is generally frowned upon---the trideo at home doesn't sell a massacre as well as a hero.

Any rules against magic/metatypes/etc?

Nope. You're fighting against some of the best military forces in the world: come correct.

SR5 changed the rule about magic burnout, you can now have 0 magic as long as your Max Magic is 1 or more. If you hit zero magic do you allow buying it back to 1 with 5 karma?

While it's brutal, I'm inclined to say no. It makes sense that if you 'ware up hard enough to lose magic, it should be expensive to increase your powers back to what they were. You're getting the best of both worlds, and it makes sense in-universe that you'd have to be immensely powerful with your magic in order to have a bunch of 'ware and still sling.

The cost will be what it would have been if you hadn't lost magic due to 'ware: if you had 4 magic, and it dropped to 1, it will still cost you 25 Karma to get it to 2.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

MohawkSatan posted:

I take back what I said about making a rigger. My computer just died. But I can follow along and read the thread with my phone at least :smith:

Just make the character on paper and phone-post pictures of the sheet.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

AmyL posted:

Placeholder for murder troll right here!

Edit: Also, when you say Ares goods, does that also include cyberware?

Cyberware is full price. (But now that I think about it, it's strange that the book doesn't list brand names for cyberware.)

Only things with Ares/GMC in the name come at a discount. From a quick first glance through the corebook, the list is:

Ares Light Fire 75
Ares Light Fire 70
Ares Predator V
Ares Viper Silvergun
Ares Crusader II
Ares Alpha
Ares Desert Strike
Ares S-III Super Squirt
Stoner-Ares M202
Ares Antioch-2
GMC Bulldog
Ares Roadmaster
Ares Dragon
Ares Venture
GMC Banshee
Ares Deulist
GM-Nissan Doberman

It also stands to reason that most melee weapons have an Ares version (like a telescoping staff or monofilament whip).

Also, Ares will be providing a small number of transportation vehicles to the entire team of ~40 people, so your squad will probably end up with a Bulldog or something.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

MohawkSatan posted:

Two problems with that plan:

1. My SR5 book? Yeah, PDF copy. Unreadable on a phone due to size differences. This is also score wig me for my weekly IRC game
2. I don't have paper character sheets, nor the means to print them out.

Sucks, but it just won't be possible for me to join. You can pm me if you want to talk guns for this though?

That's really sad. An air support rigger would have been awesome.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

InfiniteJesters posted:

Dwarf lifestyle cost penalty applies to cyberware, right?

No. They *only* apply to the lifestyle. From the Hot Patch Errata: "Neither race pays additional cost to have gear customized. This is factored into lifestyles already."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Apps Thus Far

bunnielab - Matches, Heavy Street Sam

Arkangelus - Darius "Wolf" Jones, Bowfighting Adept
Seven Socks - Dess Ferorvell, Corporate Spook Adept
Bouquet - Igider Abrika, Unarmed Combat Adept
Bigass Moth - Karl Bradford, Gunslinger Adept

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 18, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
A rigger might want an assortment of things, but in the general case transportation will be provided.

Buy your own ammo. It's cheap.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

Hey instead of submitting an Ares corp guy, can I just submit a legit shadowrunner whose doing a tour with the Ares team for the Desert Wars? How would I fluff that out in regards to Sins. Like would SINless be the version of SINner in this game?

Ares would want a SIN to make into a corporate SIN, so you'd need a pretty convincing fake. More importantly, how and where did Ares hear about your guy in order to hire him? And why hire him instead of a slick operator out of KE?

InfiniteJesters posted:

An Ares reskin of the Enfield AS-7 wouldn't be out of line, would it?

EDIT: Also, charsheet is more or less done, just need to run the finances one last time and confirm viability of an AS-7 reskin and I'll be golden.

Ares/Pancor Jackhammer 2
Acc 4(5) / Damage 12P / AP -1 / SA/FA / 2 RC / 15c/28d / 14F / 3000 (2700 after discount)
- Gas-Vent 2 System, Internal Smartgun System, Imaging Scope with Low-Light Vision

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 20, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
The whole cost. It isn't integral, just attached.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Right! Lots of apps! In order to pin it down some more, I've gone through and added a few notes to some apps. Also, this:

ARES MEMO. posted:

ARES MEMO.
To: Desert Wars Contestants
Subject: Pre-Games Interviews

Body:
Welcome to Tamanrassat.

This is to let you know that you're required to do a pre-Games interview with Angie Ankh from AA Entertainment. AA Entertainment, a subsidiary of Lotus Multimedia, is responsible for this year's contestant biographies. Ms. Ankh is going to ask you a few questions that will be used to put together a video introducing you on trideo around the world. We ask that you remain professional and charismatic: we're trying to tell stories here, and give these people a reason to buy the Ares simsense over the next few months. Your meeting times are attached.

Troy Carpenter
Executive Vice President
Ares Global Entertainment

Mister, uh, Zuckerman, if you don't mind my saying it looks like Ares has sunk a lot of money into you. And what fine work they've done, too! Are you a real company man, hoping to get a well-paying security gig after the Desert Challenge, or do you plan to continue to compete in the games for years to come? What is your end goal here?

InfiniteJesters - Enojado Salvador, Dwarf Street Sam

Enojado Salvador(Am I saying that right?), I understand that you got your start as a freedom fighter in your home country of Mexico, and you've killed no less than sixteen Aztechnology employees on your own. Is that number right? And I have here a rumor that I'd like to as you about : is it true that you have struck a contract with Ares to be paid two thousand nuyen for each Aztechnology soldier that you kill during the Desert Challenge?

Mister White, is it? While that name's certainly a fake, it seems that you're real enough. If your bio is correct, you're actually a runner here trying to win his way into the Ares upper-echelon, right? I'm sure it's wrapped up in NDAs, but is there anything you'd like to say about your presence in the Desert Challenge? Any shout-outs for runners at home?

malikial - Jameson "St. John" Delora, Elf Street Sam

Mister Delora, it's come to our attention that you are recently back from an extended hospital stay after a corporate extraction went bad. Without mentioning names, could you describe how your previous experiences with Ares have prepared you for the Desert Challenge?

Mister Talhoffer(Is that how you say it?), we've obtained an internal Ares memo that describes you as, and I'm quoting here, 'a gamble'. Do you think that Ares has made the right choice, offering you a spot in the Challenge? Do you have anything to say to any of our viewers at home rooting for the underdog?

Miss Walker, I understand you previously worked cybersecurity for Knight Errant. With the growing section of Matrix warfare incorporated as part of the Desert Challenge, I'm sure you're going to have a chance to really shine in the games. Is it true that you won the Houston-area Renraku Matrix Jam a few years back, beating out some top talent? Who were your top competitors, and how did you bring that prize home for Ares?

Mister Berchtold, I understand you've had several run-ins with Lone Star officers in the past, in both official Knight Errant and unofficial civilian capacities. Is there anyone on Lone Star's Desert Challenge team that you know personally? How do you think you'll try to approach their team in the field?

Mister Izzone, it seems like until now you've worked a fairly cushy office job with AresSpace in drone design and repair. With such an impressive R&D resume, and a lot of lab time, what makes you a suitable candidate for the combat situations you're going to see in the Desert Wars? Do you have any particular experiences that are going to come into play here?

Miss Underhilde. It is miss, right? I'm sure all of our viewers are wondering. More importantly, I understand that you used to watch the Aztlan-CSA border doing contract work for Ares, and now you're here playing in the games for them. There are even rumors that you are a card-carrying member of the Stonecutter's Guild. How do you feel your time here is going to affect metahuman relationships? Do you have any advice for any dwarves watching at home?

Mister Jones! My, that's certainly interesting garb. I understand you used to work for Knight Errant's animal control division. Is it true that you once shut down an entire illegal hellhound fighting ring and cost the Yakuza several million nuyen, and that you got transferred out here as a result?

Misses Ferorvell, unlike most of the new Ares recruits, it's been difficult to dig much up on you. From what I can tell, you worked 'Information Security' for Ares. Of course, as most of our viewers know, that title means something entirely different out here. So why don't you tell us a little about the extraction incident that took place in Hong Kong last year. This is you in this photo, right?

Bouquet - Igider Abrika, Elf Unarmed Combat Adept

There needs to be at least twice as much bio here.

Mister Abrika, our records indicate that you actually grew up a nomadic traveler in the very desert where the game is taking place. How does someone with almost no formal training end up in the Desert Challenge? Surely that's a great rags-to-riches story for our viewers.

I'd really like a little more bio, some character beyond 'worked for Ares, working for Ares'.

Mister Bradford, you're a rare breed: my reports indicate that you are actually some kind of adept, but you also have cybernetic implants and upgrades. I understand that these sorts of enhancements can be detrimental to your magical talent. How do you reconcile that risk, and what made you decide to take that leap?

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Mar 22, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
I'm really, really sorry. I got a ton of amazing applications, and paring it down at all was really rough. I tried to pick people who seemed to fit really well into the Ares soldier theme that I'm trying to play up. But not all is lost: if one of the people I did pick dies, however, the remaining applications get first dibs on joining up.

PICKS.

RATINGS.

For now, I've included a little snippet with each of your characters that is the 'audience reaction' to your interview, along with a Ratings Number. Ratings will work similar to Street Cred, and you'll gain 1 for every 10 Karma and any time you do something particularly television-worthy. Ratings will work as a bonus (not 100% how yet) for getting hold of gear from Ares and love-letters from fans. Just mark it on your sheet for now. This does not reflect my opinion of your application, but how the viewers at home saw you.

Those Who Were Picked.

Below is who is in. I'll have the thread up in a few hours (when I can get to my desktop).

Don't Believe The Lies: 7

He Can Bench *How Much?*: 8.5

Did You See That Robot: 9

She Beat Who: 7.5

I Remember The News Story: 7.5

Dwarven Rights Activist Killing Humans: 7

Animal Lover In The Desert: 8

That Was Well-Rehearsed: 7.5

He Bleeds Ares: 7

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 24, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
And we're live!

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Bigass Moth posted:

Couple questions:

1. do we roll for starting nuyen since we didn't buy individual lifestyles?
2. is it ok to post out of turn (not waiting for everyone to have their say) or should we wait for each person to pipe in?

1. Yes

2. Within reason.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

bunnielab posted:

I assume Body is the relevant stat to see how well you bounce back from an evening of drinking and whoring?

Body + Willpower, same as an addiction test.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Rules Clarification: unless otherwise noted, you are not allowed to purchase a weapon in the same class/type as an Ares weapon. This means:

- Matches, you have to replace your grenade launcher with the Ares one. The flamethrower is okay, though.
- Schizotek, there was an Ares Jackhammer posted later in the thread. Please adjust it.

Also, Schizotrek, where did your RPK come from? It isn't on your sheet.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

bunnielab posted:

But mine is cooler. :(. Surly Ares doesn't make only a scrub-tier one? Maybe one with a revolving cylinder like one in T2?

In fact, the book is explicit that the ArmTech is the cutting edge of the market. Unfortunately, Ares isn't willing to make exceptions for its inferior hardware. :colbert:

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
bunnielab, please put your contacts and bio on the sheet you link in your posts. Also, please make contacts.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
It's in this post.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
thelazyblank:

I have an idea for I'd like to try for decking, and I want to know if you're interested. It's this:

- Getting / erasing marks (meaning both Hack on the Fly and Brute Force) will remain Complex Actions.
- Every other Matrix Action becomes free, but if you want to do more than one every one after the first is a simple action.

My aim in this is two-fold: first, I think the Matrix action economy is sort of poo poo, and should be rectified. Second, if it wasn't clear from the fluff I've written, I've tried really hard to reconcile how matrix hacking works with how computers work IRL, and as far as I can tell the mark system is the most realistic piece of it. As such, I'd like to mark system to carry onward, with the idea of 'getting exploits' into systems, and let everything else sort of work naturally because if you've got root in a box you can make it do whatever sort of instantly.

Again, this will be experimental, and your enemies will use it, too. If you're alright with that, let's proceed with Matrix things as I've described them. If not, lemmie know.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jul 30, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Way to keep it in the OoC thread, Mandozer.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Ronwayne posted:

A decent rigger

Ronwayne, I was hoping to get you into the game as a squad swap-out after this current mission. It might take a little bit, if that's alrgiht.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

thelazyblank posted:

So, now, I remember what I was trying to post before the forums went to terrible-ness.

What exactly would Nina need to actually doctor said video in terms of stuff and skill rolls, etc?

Extended Computer + Logic, Average (12), Short (10 min).

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Hi!

So it seems like this game is sorta dying, and I think there are a lot of factors that are contributing to it. One of the major ones, I think, is because (lesson learned) the Desert Wars troopers setup isn't all that enjoyable to play out in the Shadowrun universe. It's inflexible and it gets away from the things that make Shadowrun fun to play (namely performing illegal activities and trying really hard not to get dead or screwed doing it).

If everyone is onboard, I'd like to shift this game into that more traditional format. Basically, you'll stay in Tamanrasset as an Ares SpecOps squad, primarily doing more classic Shadowrun missions in the city while using your Desert Wars participation as a cover. You will only participate in one or two major game events, and otherwise will stay in Tamanrasset and perform jobs for Ares (and whoever they're willing to subcontract y'all too, and whoever else offers you work), and run one of the most dangerous, most lucrative places in the world. What do you all think?

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Ronwayne posted:

I would like to do things other than just help White move down his snuff list.

You and me both, buddy.

Edit: If y'all still want to play out Desert Wars, I'm totally cool with doing that! It just seems like there's been some interest drop-off and I'm trying to (a) identify the problem and (b) fix it.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
It seems like everyone is interested in proceeding with the standard Desert Wars, which is cool, so let's keep going. I'll work on the split party thing.

thelazyblank posted:

Matrix Initiative or Normal?

Your call, since you had time to prepare.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

thelazyblank posted:

Since I can't even figure out what QN's talking about in his last post, I think I'm done with the game. Feel free to NPC Nina out as needed.

Sorry, I misread these two lines:

thelazyblank posted:

Nina's Perception (6 + 8 + 2 - 2): Hack On The Fly (Nina): 14d6t5 3
Agent's Perception (5 + 5 - 2): Hack On The Fly (Agent): 8d6t5 2[/i]

I wasn't sure if you were rolling perception or HotF, but I assumed it was the latter and gave you the mark, releasing the magazine. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear about my misunderstanding.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Well it looks like it's about time to shut this down. I just want to thanks everyone who played, even just a little, and apologize for letting this game get so sloppy. It was only my second PbP game to run, and I made a lot of mistakes, but thanks to everyone for giving me a chance for as long as you did.

• Locked thread