Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Yeah, I plan to run a game Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
15 minutes until the Roll20 game starts!

https://app.roll20.net/join/354919/qna0qg

Still open slots, and I hope our regulars show up!

Filled (maybe):
Pixie
Shadow Cat
Beholder

Definitely not filled:
Horde
Ogre
Djinn

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Assuming this is where I'm supposed to post, and the people who were rejected aren't considered first, I'll be making a Horde. Currently writing stuff up.

Too bad there isn't an ogre in the group, I think venomous and ogres would work well together.

- - - -

(not my picture)

“The Plan began many a year ago.

While the giants slept, we came unnoticed, leaving sleeper cells throughout the land.

We are poised, ready, for our moment. At last, we can exit the shadows. At last, we can begin our great work.

At last, we can leverage the best practices of our personnel bandwidth and core competencies along with survival strategies in a co-opetative C2C partnership with the City of Bounty.”

The current Head of Mycetophoid Resources nodded approvingly at his work. In time, this collaborative document would spell out the out-surgence of his people. And, he thought to himself, he really made that intro pop.

- - -

The Mycetophoids are a race of communal insectoids, stranded from another dimension. Many generations ago, a portal opened up under a Management and Employee Empowerment conference, dumping them into the world we see today. Fortunately, they rapidly reproduce, and the result is an entire society based on Human Resource (well, Mycetophoid Resource) principles. Seeing the problems hitting Bounty as a bit of a low-hanging fruit, they see this as the perfect time to integrate into a global society, leading to a win-win for all.

May anyone who stands in their way be rightsized.

- - -

Why are you absolutely dedicated to salvaging the city of Bounty?

Well, obviously, Bounty needs some serious consultation. However, without any real references, the Mycetophoid Hive is forced into the adventuring equivalent of an internship. Money gained through adventure would be invested in the city, leading to a home for all. And, well, a nice ROI would be nice.

- - -

The Mycetophoid Diplomatic Envoy

No eyes
No Hair
No Clothing
Chitinous Body

STR: 8 (-1)
DEX: 12
CON: 18 (+3)
INT: 13 (+1)
WIS: 9
CHA: 15 (+1)

Population (HP): 38
Damage- 1d6
Armor: 0

Drive: Commune

Background: Insect (Take one more advantage from nature's gifts)

Moves

Dispersed: You may not use most equipment, including weapons and armor. Attacks intended
for a single target deal just one damage to you. Intelligent enemies may notice this advantage
and adjust their attacks.

Overcome (CON):
When you use sheer numbers to overcome an obstacle, roll +CON. On a 10+, you overwhelm the
obstacle with ease, on a 7-9, choose one.

-Many lives were lost, take 1d6 damage
-It is only temporarily overcome, you must hurry
-The Horde is forcibly split, take -1 ongoing until the horde is whole again.

Cover(Con)
When you crawl over an enemy that is not HUGE, roll CON
On 10+ hold 3
On 7-9 hold 1
-They Panic and behave erratically
-You find weak spots, roll your damage
-You don’t lose many lives
-They ignore your allies. Allies gain +1 ongoing until you’re removed

Protective Instinct
When you Defend and sacrifice some individuals for the greater good, take 2 damage
and gain an additional hold or take 5 damage and gain two additional holds.

Replenish
Most healing doesn't work on you, each HP lost means the death of one or more of your species.
Instead, whenever you spend some time near a place your species inhabits, roll +CHA. On a 10+
newcomers join and your horde is replenish, regain all lost HP. On a 7-9 your horde is
replenished, but first you must do something, choose one:

-Defeat a nearby enemy of your kind
-Show dominance
-Make an offering

Big Horde
Your Horde is Massive. You have +5 HP, +1 Load, and may carry one ally using any movement based advantages you have.

Colonize
When you find a place your species can inhabit, you may take 2 damage and leave a viable
population. If you return later you may use the Replenish move in that location.

Nature's Gifts
Flight: You can fly freely over moderate distances

Fast Reproducers: Whenever you mark off rations, gain +1d6 hp. If your group does
nothing else, gain +3d6 hp.

Venomous: After you deal damage to a target that can be poisoned, anyone who rolls damage against the target rolls twice and chooses the higher result.

Speech: You can speak a language outsiders can understand and you can learn new languages.

Inventory:
2/4 load

nutrient rich food pods (10 uses, 1 weight)
fibrous building materials (2 uses, 1 weight)
Parchment/Ink(10 uses, 0 weight)

Bonds

Farid Hassan is a true friend to our kind

The silly antics of Iunno amuse us.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 10, 2014

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Yeah, it's open. We don't have an Ogre, but the Pixie is unusual. He favors melee attacks and "being metal". Go ahead and make a level 3 character.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Oops, my guy is level 2. Let me update that.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
30 minutes until the game starts! (assuming we have players)

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Uhhhh... am I playing?

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
If you want to!

https://app.roll20.net/join/354919/qna0qg

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Ok, lack of players again. If you want to play next week JonJoe or Eclectic Tastes please post in the thread to confirm that you're still active.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I'm working up the Djinn for the game in between finals work; should have him ready soon enough.

Compufreak99
Jul 24, 2013
I'm working on an Ogre! I'll see if I can post it tonight.
EDIT: Alright, here we go:

"Who am I? I'm an... uh... duh... an Ogre! Yeah! That's right.
Name? It's uhh... uhm.... Iunno? I don't ever talk to myself so I don't ever know my name, ok?
HEY! I'm not stupid, YOU'RE STUPID! SHUT UP!"

- - -

Bounty? Bounce.... Tree? Oh wait, I know! "Bounty" is like a lot of a thing right? I like a lots of things! Gimmie!

- - -

Iunno the Ogre

Tiny Eyes
No Hair
No Clothing
Bulbous Body

STR: 18 (+3)
DEX: 13 (+1)
CON: 15 (+1)
INT: 8 (-1)
WIS: 12
CHA: 9

HP: 25
Damage: 1d10
Armor: 0

Drive: Strong

Background: Cave (You can see in darkness. +1 Discern Realities in a cave or dungeon.)

Moves

Break! (STR)
When you try to break any non-magical inanimate object, you do! Roll +STR. *On a 10+, you break it and choose two options. *On a 7-9, you break it and choose one option, On a 6 or less you still break it, but the GM makes a move.
• You do it instantly.
• It is broken beyond all hope of repair.
• You don’t hurt anyone.
• You don’t draw unwanted attention

Break Your Bones
When you Hack and Slash an opponent that is small or tiny, on a 12+ you may crush it, killing it instantly.

Eat Meat FAST
When you eat fresh raw flesh heal 1d10 hit points. You can eat any kind of meat without ill effects. Next time you would mark off the use of a ration, don’t. You must take a short rest to digest before you can use this move again. When you eat very quickly under duress, roll +Con. On a 10+ pick 2. On a 7-9 pick 1.

• It take almost no time.
• It does not draw unwanted attention.
• You have not eaten something you shouldn’t have.

Big and Tough
Strong Arms: +2 damage.
Big Body: You get the Large Advanced Move.
Stupid: When you Spout Lore you always say something idiotic

Large
You are Large! You may use Break Your Bones against any enemy that is not Large or Huge. Ignore the two handed tag on weapons and you may use unfeasibly large objects as two handed weapons. You cannot wear conventional armor.

Smash
You may use Break to destroy any building or structure.

Rampage!
When you lash out, attacking everything in an orgy of violence, roll + STR. On a 10+ deal your damage to all enemies nearby. On a 7-9 deal your damage to all enemies nearby and one ally.

Inventory:
6/26 load

Large Dead Animal (6 rations, 2 weight)
A Tree-Club (Reach, Messy, Forceful, 4 weight)

Bonds
____________ is smarter than me.
____________ is dumber than me!
____________ has shown me a new way to live.
I have told ____________ an ogre secret.

Compufreak99 fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 7, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Che is still working on his character stuff between finals. So between me, Compufreak and Che, that's at least three players for Friday.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Cool! I'm ready to go for Friday, hope some of the MIA players from a while back show up too.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Alright here it is think I did it right.

The Elemental Lords after many years…I think it was of demonstrating my inevitable brilliance as a civil servant of their will have finally granted me the post of ambassador to this plane of existence. My first posting in the Empire of…..I think it was…Nortonia? Arrogant ruler that one no respect for someone of my stature a problem that seems common here among the nobility. After many offers of being giving the honor of a permanent embassy with the Elemental Lords I left them in search of more dignified lands.
Sadly I’ve found myself with the same rejection and even disbelief that I represent such powers.

Upon arrival I received treatment once more unbefitting my title by villagers on the way to the capital and similar treatment from the guards of the capital. The King of this nation were eventually receptive of the idea of an embassy should I assist in the recovery of Bounty to demonstrate the strength of my masters.
Farid Hassan
Drive: Slave
Race: Djinni
Look: Glowing Eyes, Flowing Hair, Silken Clothing, Ephemeral Body
Items: Brilliant Chainmail (1 armor), 5 rations, scimitar, element, Bag of Holding
Str: 8 Dex: 14 Con: 12 Wis: 17 Int: 9 Cha: 15
HP: 16 Armor: 1 Dmg: d6
Powers
• Elemental Form
When you spend 1 Power you can transform your flesh and possessions into your
element for a short time. While in your Elemental Form you can spend Power 1 for 1 to:
 Negate damage unless it would harm your Element.
 Change shape to bypass an obstacle.
 Attack with your element (hand, Precise, Piercing 2, Damage 1).
 Volley with your element (near, Damage 1, use Power as ammo).

• Elemental Mastery (WIS)
When you call on your Element to perform a task roll +Wis. ✴On a 10+ the effect you
desire comes to pass and choose one. ✴On a 7-9 choose two.
 You must exert some of your own power. Lose one Power.
 You lose control of the element after the desired effect happens.
 You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot.

• Elemental Tongue
You can speak to the spirits that dwell in your element, for they are your cousins. When
you Parley with these spirits for aid or information you can always use a point of Power as
leverage.

• Discern Greater Realities (WIS)
When you Discern Realities you may also choose from this list:
 Why are things here as they are?
 If I did ______ what would probably happen?
 What can I change to give myself an advantage?
 Who here can I trust?
 Absorb Power (WIS)
When you meditate over a rare, pure, holy form of your element roll +WIS. *On a 10+, you gain 10 Power. *On a 7-9, you gain 5 Power. *On a 6- you gain 5 power but the element has been drained. You will have to find a new source of Power. You have an innate sense for where new sources of Power are located, but it could be across a vast distance and there could be great obstacles in the way. You can have a maximum of 10 Power at one time.

• Elemental Channeling
When you are near a powerful natural source of your element, such as a buffeting
winds, raging fires, or rushing waters, you can add its power to your own. Instead of
spending Power points you may choose to exhaust the natural source. The GM will tell
you when the source is completely exhausted.

• Greater Mastery
You can use Elemental Mastery to manipulate Fire, Air, or Water. The element must
be present for you to manipulate it.

Bonds
A great magic binds me to ____________.
____________ is worthy of my aid.
I will make ____________ wise.
____________ has made a promise and I will see them keep it.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 9, 2014

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Ok!

https://app.roll20.net/join/354919/qna0qg is the link again. We'll start really playing in a half hour. But if you need character help or something go ahead and join up early, I'm in now.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
No game this Friday, I have a family trip and will be away from the computer.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Regrettably, I'm going to miss the next two Fridays. Going to the beach this weekend, and next weekend my brother gets married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Well, I suppose if we have enough people we'll play, if not, we won't I'll be hanging out.

• Locked thread