Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I've been spending the last three days installing linux from scratch but I've been having errors codes.

Doth anyone have ideas? There are some x11 dependencies that are confused maybe, and I'm unsure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I believe you mean gnu plus "why linux?" :)

the fsf is working to secure freedom for computer users by promoting the development and use of free (as in beers) software and documentation

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I can't imagine being in a tiny motel conference ballroom of people getting hype and screaming about the release news of a fresh netbsd

openbsd on the other hand...

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

microsoft with the important purchases

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

mrmcd posted:

If I discover that someone's SO is pressuring them into Linux on the desktop what is the proper way to notify the authorities?

what the gently caress

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Also, how did Oracle V. Google shake out as far as the entire API re-implementation thing?

i dunno but they're both still incredibly powerful n wealthy corporations and the rest of us still lose :yeah:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

my copy of tux racer supreme keeps crashing when I try to enter the license key

does anyone have the fax number?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i dual booted beos 5 for maybe over 6 months while I was a relative childe

thats a linux right?? it seemed ok compared to other non-os x linus os distributions, imjho

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i remember hearing mega hissing occurring while scrolling a browser or clicking windows when i was using a 2006 grade PC during the latter years of childehood

internal output things seem much better now, maybe??? :shrug:

and then having an external dac is a fun idea that i've never yet bought but they seem even more legit??? :shrug: :shrug:

nice noise over headphones is nice imhotep

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

my bitter bi rival posted:

linus torvolds, on liveleak video, blindfolded and kneeling in front of gay pride flag: I love social justice now. I say this under no duress.

lol

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

what even ARE punctuation?

an invasion by overtly coed-coded languages???

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

mike12345 posted:

was the code of conduct voted on, or why is there such a commotion

nerds

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

what if a relatively-footnote minor culmination (sent via email) after a zillion years of human society learning and growing...but backwards?

and with tracked changes?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Suspicious Dish posted:

The PS4 menus are incomprehensibly written in WebGL, which is why they suck.

haha lol wtf

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

roll up ur sleeves and just hit up lfs like a champion

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/

still updated

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

ibm didn't buy redhat for that bit of people who use an gui though????

stfu

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

eschaton posted:

I ported NetBSD-current’s RMP server rbootd to macOS and got it serving NetBSD 8.0’s SYS_INST and SYS_UBOOT to my Apollo, but it turns out they can only install or boot from BSD disklabel partitions and NFS, and the NetBSD hp300 CD is an ISO-9660 filesystem and the miniroot is only a filesystem image rather than a full disk image

so a few minutes later I had NetBSD 8.0 for amd64 installed in VMware and running rbootd instead

my next step will be to set up NFS to serve the miniroot, which should let me boot enough to do the rest of the installation off of the ISO-9660 CD (which I suspect will be faster than NFS over 10Base-T)

october is over, chump

save your spooky horror tales until next halloween!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

eschaton posted:

you think that was scary?

thats neato though

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

pram posted:

tfw youre hand janitoring your laptops "security"

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

ko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

spankmeister posted:

I remember tho when the US switchover happened I worked for an STB company at the time and we made a "converter" box to be exactly $50 retail, which was the amount you got from the gubbermint, and I think we made only like 3 cents profit on those things lol

...people work on set top boxes??? :thunk: