Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

gently caress your workflow, gently caress your actual browser you need for work. our way is better

it's an attitude that does not survive contact with real users. who are not gonna use your toy browser. who are gonna expect kde customizations from 1998. who will probably try to script your interface w/ shell.

actually it does work for the overwhelming majority of computer users. it may not work for autistic linux neckbeards, but you will never be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

theres nothing funny about linux use. its a cry for help.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

BobHoward posted:

:theproblem:

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Yes, I am a "linux fanboy"; but the difference between me and fanboys is that I know what I'm doing; my $85k/yr paycheck pretty much proves it.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

power botton posted:

Yes, I am a "linux fanboy"; but the difference between me and fanboys is that I know what I'm doing; my $85k/yr paycheck pretty much proves it.

power botton posted:

power botton posted:

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

actually gnomes poo poo is extremely together

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

oval office AND PASTE posted:

pretend that i posted that gif of the guy in the car and he looks at you like 'what lol' as he pulls away except its me in the car and the car is gnome-shell

the guy is hit rapper 50 Cents

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

cunty just know that you were the reason i tried gnome 3 and i love it and it has made my life better in immeasurable ways

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

oval office AND PASTE posted:

see yall next week for "browser tabs are for idiot children"

ok thats a little too far

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

colbylol posted:

if you put a linux on your parents computer you are a dumb terrible eprson

maybe we just don't patronize our parents by pushing limited walled gardens on them

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i bet notorious bad forces them to use the command line and sets up a shared tmux session for support

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

yosemite autocorrected notorious BSD to something more appropriate

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

power botton posted:

i bet notorious bad

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

please specify

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

bobbilljim posted:

for real i had to do an assignment on a mac once and I couldnt understand why it didnt terminate when I pressed the red x in teh corner of the window

this is the best feature of macs because its a great test to see if you're a sperg

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

bobbilljim posted:

it annoys me that the minimise and close buttons to the same thing.

i sorry but the tests came back and you're a sperg and theres no cure

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

bobbilljim posted:

finally, I have some closure

Lucky for you Yospos is the best support group out there

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Sapozhnik posted:

Serious q what do you actually use a word processor for these days other than idk preparing books for publication

what the gently caress kinda question is that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

lmao @ complaining about remote editing.

once again, acme + plan9 supremacy