Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

let i hug
Dec 25, 2011

hi, it is me, I am The rear end in a top hat that wants to run Linux on my desktop. I mostly deal with lovely programmer software made by developers who hate their own kind so the only thing I really need to work smoothly is Chrome and then the rest will be pretty easy to figure out with any distro. what do I go with? Fedora I guess? I can do Arch or something if there are compelling reasons but I don't really want to fiddle with things too much if I can help it.

"a real working operating system" is not something I am interested in because I am The rear end in a top hat. help would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let i hug
Dec 25, 2011

does btrfs support running on a cluster as opposed to one computer with a fuckton of drives connected to it? seems like a very pre-2000 mindset

let i hug
Dec 25, 2011

Anyone have a link for a minimal-pain guide to setting up SELinux on a Debian desktop?