Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I love the M1 VST but trying to make and save/load user created patches is a pain in the rear end. I just use the factory patches. Some of the T1 sounds that come with it are extremely good as well.

And yeah, if you layer a soft piano with some strings and play minor chords it sounds a lot like an early X-Files episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba6xMAFy3p8

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Startyde posted:

Beatstep Pro finally shipping to stores. 2015, year of the sequencer.

Cool.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Stabbing Spork posted:

Sonicstate has video demos of all 4 of those Yamaha keyboards. They also expect the price if each one to be £347, or $500 USD which puts them in the same price range as a JD-Xi or a minibrute.

If that's true then you can get a DX7 with two more operators and twice the polyphony and a normal size keyboard for less than the new DX. I will concede that I just watched the Sonic State video and it does sound really good, but FM8 is 200 bucks and Dexed is free.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Flipperwaldt posted:

Hold the loving phone, mate. Don't just drop this like an afterthought. Free is extremely my bag. Why didn't I know about this.

Have you tried it? https://github.com/asb2m10/dexed It loads DX7 sysex and it sounds awesome. Even has different playback modes with different levels of noise and different ways the algorithms are calculated (clean, DX7, and OPL style.)