Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

I think he wants splits like that, but for the whole league or for a team by team basis. See which teams hit lefties the best for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
AL West arms race was rad until the Astros came to our division and ruined our WAR.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Jered Weaver if you like watching guys unable to catch up to mid 80s fastballs. Also 3-0 changeups.

Also because trying to throw a ball stepping 3 feet across your body is impossible what the hell.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
The pinch hitter would take over the plate appearance at whatever count the batter left with. All records go to those that finish the PA. Same with a reliever coming in if a pitcher was hurt/ejected.

Relievers nowadays only go 1 or 2 innings. Most of the time closers are saves for the 9th inning with a lead and are very rarely used in non-save situations. Even rare is the 4 out save. Relievers are usually max effort and lose their edge pretty quickly. You can thank modern times with pitchcounts and specialized lefty/righty usage to guys like tony la rusa.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Krigen posted:

Another general baseball question: How large should an outfielders glove be for an adult? I assumed (as men are want to do) that bigger was better and was about to purchase a 34 inch glove, before I was told they were generally meant for softball, rather than baseball. I have pretty big hands if that helps.

A 34 inch glove? Are you in a mascot costume or an actual giant? I think most 14s are softball and most big leaguers use a 12.5 to 13. You can probably find some "what the pros use" list for individual players. Most pro gloves are 500+ bucks and or custom made obviously, but can give you an idea on popular webbing styles.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Errors are up to the scorer's decision so if it would have been a remotely close play it'd go as a hit. Fielding a swinging bunt you have absolutely no play on and then make a terrible throw will go as a base hit and then possibly allow the runner to advance to second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Yeah I don't think there are any different division interleague rivalries anymore. There was the Astros/Rangers when the Astros were in the NLC and Rangers in the ALW if you go back just a few years.

• Locked thread