Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What kind of process goes into relocating an MLB team?

Put more directly: Will my dream of the Cleveland Indians being moved to Montreal ever bear fruit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So Miggy is up to 34 doubles. Some people are saying he might reach 60 this year. From what I've read, this seems like it'd be a pretty big deal. How much of an accomplishment would that be relatively to the other stuff he's done? Does he have any kind of shot at breaking 67?

Also is there anything to the notion that a player would intentionally hit doubles to keep the opposing team constantly pitching in traffic or is a player pretty much gonna always hit home runs if they can. I ask cause I'm curious if Miggy is intentionally hitting more doubles or if his power is starting to drop.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What positions does the most offense typically come from and what positions are typically more like "eh he catches the ball good, who cares if he's no good at the plate."

My assumption is something like:
Offense: 1B, 2B, COF, DH (in :911: league)
Defense: CF, C, SS, 3B

Or is it just that every team does what they can with the players they can acquire and there's no trend?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What dictates whether the shortstop or second baseman goes to second base to try and tag out a runner attempting to steal?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So did Yusmerio Petit throw a perfect game and I just didn't hear about it? How did he get this 46 straight outs record?

• Locked thread