Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Because gently caress the Angels, that's why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Politicalrancor posted:

Yeah but gently caress the Rangers, who have some how managed to put together a worse rotation than the Angels

If the Angels had the same number of injuries to SPs that the Rangers have had the last two years, you'd be their #3 starter right now.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Can somebody either explain how team injury insurance on contracts work or point me to a reliable explanation of it?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Imasalmon posted:

It's just like how movie studios will insure a star actor's health while making a movie. Or even like car insurance, for a simpler example. Rates, terms, and conditions will vary, depending on whatever the team negotiates with the insurance company for whichever player contract they want insured.

Does that answer your question?

Pretty much, thanks!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Groucho Marxist posted:

Mike Napoli was a good get for Vernon Wells even without the bloated contract, but lol whoops AA decided to trade him for a reliever in attempt to game the comp pick system, which failed when said reliever imploded.

This was an act of genius, I don't know what you're talking about :colbert:

...I miss Nap :smith:

• Locked thread