Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Quad posted:

Last year was my first year of the Experiment To Love Baseball; I don't follow sports and I decided that I would go all in. Joined a fantasy league, shared an mlb.tv premium subscription, bought a hat.
This year, I didn't get in to a fantasy league, which is sad, because I don't have a favorite team, which kinda means the experience of watching baseball has no end-game for me. I wouldn't be doing it to see if "my team" got the pennant, or that "my players" did well. I'm still trying to keep up though.
My question is, I'm looking for a good quality Standings Board that I could update every day on the wall of my cubicle, something not so huge, like maybe 11x17; something like that. Just a little ritual every day to remind me that baseball exists and I should watch it. Any ideas?

I'm sure you looked, but Amazon sells that exact thing for $40. Or you can just buy the mini pennants for $10 and make your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Krigen posted:

What's the best way to bend the bill of the cap a little? Just crank it over my knee? I'm a dork that hasn't owned a baseball cap since I was a kid.

I usually find a cup that's the right size for the amount of bend I want and stuff it in there for a day or two

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Craptacular! posted:

I did a little searching and found pages eight years old, so I'll ask here: which stadiums have actual organs? I'm aware most have a person at a Yamaha board set to an organ-like preset, or just entirely prerecorded sounds.

I read the organ was carried between Yankee Stadiums, and there's no mistaking the calliope-like sounds at Wrigley, but I have no idea about most of them. Dodger Stadium has had a player for decades, but since the new owners started implementing their fan experience it seems that I hear her less and less.

It's still better than the NHL, where only like one team (Chicago) has an actual organ installed.

The Cell has this

• Locked thread