Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Deteriorata posted:

You seem to have misspelled "Tigers". :colbert:

Teams aren't allowed to be cool if they have a payroll over $150 million

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I added a twins writeup to the thread for you guys.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

You can have incentives based on playing time. You cannot have performance based incentives.

Not quite. You can't have performance based stats as incentives, but awards are fair game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Those aren't performance based anyway :)

Sure they are, just not always the performance from the current year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lumpy posted:

Is the DL games, or calendar days? If player x is hurt, goes on the 15-Day DL, and the game on day 15 is postponed and played later, can player x play?

Calendar days. It's also retroactive to the day after the player last appeared in a game. So if you're a player on the Twins, you get hurt in a game on 4/6, and they take five days to decide that you need to go on the DL, you're eligible to come off on 4/22 even though they put you on the DL 4/11.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

screaden posted:

Not looking for a new team, just if I have to watch another game like today's...I'd just like a less painful way to get my baseball fix

Watch the Twins, Astros, Marlins, or Cubs and realize what bad baseball actually is, then go back to your 90 win team with a new perspective and less pain.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Michael Corleone posted:

I'm actually looking to sort stats for individual players, vs L or R pitchers.
Pages like these would be awesome if they could be sorted by splits:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2014-ratio-batting.shtml
http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2014-standard-batting.shtml

e; yeah, I guess the Pirates are cheaper, I heard on the radio yesterday the Indians were 6th last in payroll, but that appears to be wrong according to Baseball Reference, the Pirates are cheaper than them though.

You mean like this?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=floripe01&year=2014&t=b#plato

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Capt. Sticl posted:

We were talking about baseball mitts, not the hat. Don't put your new hat in a microwave.

Don't listen to this guy, put your hat in the microwave and film it when the little metal thing on top explodes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He probably wants him to leave the sticker on and wear it slightly to the left, too :laugh:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Target Field has one as well (sound quality on this is kinda poo poo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnCyYufKYNE

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Midniter posted:

For those teams who posted the $20 million bid but did NOT sign Tanaka, are they still on the hook for the $20M to Tanaka's team? Or is it just the Yankees that have to cough it up?

Only the team that signs him. Signs being the key word, because if you win the bidding but can't sign the player then he goes back to his Japanese team and you don't have to pay them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I know ERA only counts earned runs, i.e. not runs scored off an error. But what if the error is the pitcher's fault, like a wild pitch or a balk? Does any run scored off that count toward ERA or not?

Doesn't matter if it's the pitcher's fault or not, if it's an error it's unearned. Wild Pitches and Balks are not errors, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If you get an actual hit it's not a sacrifice. Also a sacrifice doesn't count as an at bat so 8/14 = .571

e: I'm not sure about the disconnect in the two sacrifice lines. B-R has him with four total and two in his rookie year so maybe the place they got the second stat from doesn't track back that far?

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 24, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm pretty sure Jose Canseco was another hilarious "lol blocked wait poo poo we didn't actually want him what are you doing" as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Everblight posted:

Why would a team not always do that? Aging guy who doesn't have anything left making $19m? Put on waivers and force people to take it all on. No risk to the team, right?

They do, but those players are very rarely claimed.

• Locked thread