Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I love the fact that we have only a few snippets of Arthur references and a load of "we know this guy made this poo poo up."

I appreciate all the extensive posts so far on the subject, as I am one of those who seems to know the Arthur mythos without really having read any books (beyond a few children's books perhaps), all I know is mostly from movies/TV. A while ago I tried to read White's A Once and Future King but the goofiness of the beginning really put me off, as the language of Mallory's Le Morte d'Arthur did as well.

John Boorman's Excalibur film is what mostly comes to mind when I think of the Arthur mythos, which wikipedia says is solely based on Mallory's work. Any suggestions for a novel heavily influenced by Mallory's work in more accessible language? I looked up Le Morte d'Arthur again on an Amazon preview and I still don't have the patience to tackle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread