Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
MDickie is really cool in a sort of Ed Wood of video games kinda way. Hard Time is a great idea for a computer game, it's the slipshod execution that makes it into simultaneously poo poo and great experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Two bears high-fiving is an essential Fallout New Vegas mod.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I think Liam may have put a bounty on Larry's head. His violent and destructive ways are finally catching up to our hero.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

If I tried to make a 3D wrestling game, or any game really, it would come out looking much worse than Wrestling Mpire, or even his earlier stuff. I think MD has turned into a solidly mediocre indie developer, which is not bad for a one man amateur shop. I haven't seen how he interacts with his fanbase and with the internet in general, so maybe he's a giant rear end in a top hat on top of it all?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Hell, Mpire would be vastly improved with just some additional dialogue and storylines. Mix the promos and trash talking a bit and have rivalries and other relationships and previous matches get mentioned now and again.

Ex: "I'm going to crush you like I crushed Ghetto Child last Monday!" It's one of the strengths of the game already and a dedicated writer or at least some outsourcing could work wonders.

E: a love triangle subplot with a grand "win their heart in the ring" match between the two rival suitors would be neat.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 4, 2014

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Awww. The clipping eyeballs are great. They're a novel approach born from MD's inexperience and lack of formal training. Truly the end of an era.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

The severed hands of Liam Neeson and Radical "Scotbird" Larry are locked in an eternal struggle, both fated to never win. It is these titanic struggles that will one day unmake the universe, and it is this same struggles that will begin the great cycle again.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I was kinda hoping Larry would be forced to do some Hard Time TM.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I had to look up The Mizz because I had no idea who that was. I tried to watch/listen to his entrance video and song but I really just wanted to punch YouTube in the throat half way through so I closed the window.

Your paint chat was very relaxing and I closed my eyes and imagined the scene while you talked. I could totally smell the paint. A++ would visualize again.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Suspect Bucket posted:

I just read a great article on exploitation in the wrestling industry.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2014/08/money-in-the-bank/

So hey, turns out that the 'get your win rate to 79%' is an extraordinarily gentle way to loose your job.

That article just ruined my day. :smith: People are lovely, sometimes.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

simosimo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EMY3xMzmTI

Deep throat gets a gimmick change, a new manager and a new toy. Change is abound in UK Wrestling! Fabulous!

You're a prince among men for continuing the saga of Larry. Laz shilling for the hot new product "brick" made me smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I think my favorite bit is at the very beginning of the video. The match is in an empty arena an the one dude says " can you hear that? That's the sound of 0 people telling you to change!" Or something like that. loving beautiful.

• Locked thread