Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Thomas Bryant

"They're ready? Good." Bryant hits another button on the console, activating a radio link between the command center and the Evangelions. "Pilots! Your current orders are to deploy and prepare to engage the target within the bounds of Tokyo-3. Units one, three, and four are to move ahead to and form a forward defensive position, taking advantage of the support points and spare umbilical cords distributed throughout the city. Zero, two, and five are to follow up behind them. The target is not to be engaged until it reaches Tokyo-3, before then you are to simply prepare for its arrival. Do you all understand?"

The Captain then starts walking around the command deck to speak directly to the bridge crew members. "Oshi, can you keep an eye on the pilots for me? Let me know if there's something I should be concerned about. Tachibana, tell the tanks to fire upon the target as soon as they have a clear shot. The hornets are to get within range of the target while taking care to avoid obstructing it's path."

And then finally, he turns to the bridge's latest guest. "We've got a visual." He looks towards the zoomed-in display. "But other than that I'd say it's too early. Is there anything you know?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Elizabeth Hargrave

As the LCL washes over her, Elizabeth stretches. This. This is what she's been waiting for. She clenches and unclenches her fists as her Eva is maneuvered into position, eyes closed. The launch presses her down, then suddenly releases. She smiles, hands moving to grab the controls the moment she has the chance to move.

"A defensive position? Just let it get into our reach and it'll be over before the slackers even get off the lift." She glances at the HUD. "Moving to a perimeter socket."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jenna Hargrave

The moment the launch ceases moving Jenna is already on the advance. "Advancing to point position." She turns to "look" at her sister. "I will protect you. No matter what."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Antoine

"If we do this right, nobody will need protection. Let's go."

Ant's Eva begins to move a few seconds after Jenna's. On the way, he reaches up and grabs the Progressive Knife from its docking bay above his mech's shoulder. He was always better with a blade than he was with a ranged weapon. If there were any way to get some kind of defensive shield as well, that would have been lovely. But the techs kept saying something about logistical supply lines and didn't meet his gaze when he asked. But all we can do is what we can with what we have.

"Let's get a good look at this thing."

He darts off ahead, knife in hand, to scout out the Angel on its approach.

Moving up. Awareness 31 to inspect the Angel

shin42k
Feb 16, 2014

Junko Kurosawa

As Junko took the lift she wore a fake smile. Pretend you’re brave and you’ll survive. In her mind she was going through the previous events obsessively. Fact number 1: someone had comforted her. Fact number 2: He did it without prompting. The result was confusion, she never imagined tat someone would do this for her. Doing it for the popular ones was a given, but her? Regardless of why, she was ecstatic. She wanted that person to comfort her again and again.

When one is in a stressful environment one longs for others, someone to share the pain and suffering. In Junko’s case the situation was amplified by the lack of perceived companionship before she came to this place. The logic being, why would anyone care about me in this situation when nobody cared in real life?

Nevertheless she couldn’t get the situation out of her mind, she wanted it again. It would probably be better if she was actually thinking about the situation at hand though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hong Li

Hong Li's stomach was tied in knots as he took the lift up. He hadn't even had a chance to get settled and he was being thrust into combat. He took some solace in the fact that several of his comrades were just as nervous as he was and clung to the hope that the Angel would be taken care of quickly before he had to do anything.

The sight of that massive...thing was imprinted in his brain. Like a Lovecraftian story, it was so different, so alien that his mind was having difficulty comprehending it. And there were supposed to be more of these things?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Jenna, Elizabeth

The fighting at the Defensive Line allows you to set up around the northernmost Umbilical Socket. You plug in, and set up positions.

Sebastian, Hong, Junko

The lift judders to a halt, placing you square in the middle of Tokyo-3. The clamps disengage, and simultaneously you hear a warning beep as a digital counter begins ticking down from 5:00:00. "At current projections, the Angel will be tied up long enough for you to get to a spare socket; don't waste time though," Oshi calmly announces.

Captain Bryant

The technicians murmur their assent, as the Hornets loom towards the target. The tanks meet up, and when the target becomes visible through a break in the treeline open fire!

...To no effect whatsoever, the round pattering harmlessly off the abomination's AT Field. Its response is swift and brutal, it shrieks like steel being warped and rushes the southern tank element. It takes one good slash and instantly the screens fill with brilliant white light. After a few seconds it fades...and the tanks are gone. Utterly.

Han blanches. He rushes off below to the MAGI, muttering rapidly about mesons and energy bounds.

Antoine

You peer closer at the angel, trying to pick out anything of note. It's humanoid and yet completely alien, and watching it literally annihilate a tank platoon as they ineffectually fire on it doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.

Roll Willpower at +10. Gazing in the abyss etc. :v:

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Thomas Bryant

Just as he has done every single time it's happened before, Bryant stares at the painfully bright flash as it fills the command room displays. It's almost like a ritual, as if he owes it to the men who are now almost certainly dead. Perhaps the memory of those men who occupied a single grid point on the map will live on for a bit longer, as a bright spot burned into one's retinas for a few seconds. Or maybe staring at that light is just a small penance for sending those men to their deaths.

Or maybe it's just a reflex. Maybe it's nothing at all.

If it's anything more, the Operations Director certainly doesn't show it. Instead, he just moves up behind Tachibana to plan his next move. "What are those VTOLs equipped with?" he asks, looking over the technician's shoulder at her display. Whatever it is he's looking for, he seems to find it. "Alright, good."

"Hornets, prepare high tension cable lines! Your orders are to entangle and immobilize the target!"

Half-action: Order the HVTOL mob to perform the 'One More Pass' maneuver.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Antoine

The appearance of the Angel is a shock to Antoine, but he weathers it well. This is the first time he's even heard of an Angel with even the vaguest of human traits outside the whole 2 arms, 2 legs and 1 head layout. As disturbing as this one is, it actually seems to have a gender. Still, Ant shakes off his disgust and the loss of the military personnel below. They're going to need to retreat, so he's got to buy them the time to do it.

"Commander, can we intercede to aid a retreat? It would mean fewer lives lost."

He wills the AT field into existence. The spreading energy begins to leech away at the Angels, while keeping some in reserve to protect Unit 01. The son of Villier starts to hear the song of la guerre in his ears, but he tamps it down for now. They need to make this first battle count. Morale is very important to any army. Carefully, Unit 01 starts to circle around the Angel at a distance. He wants the others to catch up a bit before he dives in for the kill. He's learned some lessons from his pain, but the urge is hard to suppress sometimes.

[18:43] <Vicissitude> 1d100 vs WP 43
[18:43] <Hashutbot> Vicissitude, vs WP 43: 29 [1d100=29]

Passed the WP test rather well with 2 DoS. When the angel gets in range, gonna circling around behind it with a half move. Activating AT field for 2 points on Neutralize and 3 on Deflection for me.

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 25, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

The VTOLs roger, and begin swarming the Angel. A few are swatted or misjudge a tricky maneuver and crash, but more and more of the Angel's limbs are entangled, and soon its limbs are tightly bound...for about four seconds, at which point it roars, snaps the cabling effortlessly, and spews a blindingly bright mass from its mouth in all directions, vaporizing the VTOLs and tanks, as well literally everything within a neat 200 meter radius. Resistance crushed, the Angel resumes its stride toward the city, right towards where the Evangelions are waiting.

Captain Bryant

Han returns from the MAGI level. "I'm afraid with the data I currently have I wasn't able to draw any solid conclusions. I'll monitor the telemetry from the Evangelions directly and keep you posted." He strokes his beard, watching the Angel advance, before walking over next to Kurosawa. Oshi signals the pilots. "All Evangelion units, prepare for contact with the target!" Koizumi tents her fingers. "Don't let me down, Captain."

Initiative order is:
Vicissitude
KPrime
Gorbash
Waffleman/Takanago
shin42k
AlanWhats (for this round)

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jenna

Jenna hears the orders to engage. Before the others can even react, they hear a single word from her: "Good."

There is a moment of silence, and then Jenna's Eva is gone.

It bounds toward the enemy with unmatched fury, umbilical cord detaching automatically as it passes the maximum threshold, knife drawn and looking for all the world like it was just getting ready to shank someone at closing time.

If it were human, the angel would be surprised.

Since it is not, it merely is pushed back a bit as the knife slams right into the core of the angel, biting into it as the steel giant presses the attack.

"DIE!" screams Jenna, though at who it can't be said.

A charge gives me Krysmbot KPrime, 4 = 4 against 48. Welp. 9 damage reduced to 4 by armor, and the angelic fear is totally bollocksed by a roll of 9.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Elizabeth Hargrave

Elizabeth is only a heartbeat slower than her sister. Racing in the foot steps of Unit 04, her charge is more grace than power. She draws her blade with a flourish, twirling it into her palm - a move that is nearly as disastrous as it is impressive. But skill and the general unfairness of universe that prevents some lucky, arrogant, impetuous few from the consequences of their overreach, she grabs hold of it just as Jenna's charge slams home.

Leaping to find an angle to attack, Elizabeth slams her prog knife into the angel's core, right beside Jenna's blade. "Too easy!"

Also charging, got a crappy roll so I redid it with a fate point, vs 43.
[21:21] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 70 = 70
[21:27] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 23 = 23
11 damage reduced to 6. No need to roll vs angelic fear since Liza is brave crazy crazy brave.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 6, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hong Li

Hong Li pulls out his Pallet Rifle and fires at the Angel. As long as he has this gun, he doesn't need to get too close to that thing. Unfortunately, his shots don't breach the Angel's AT Field, finding themselves useless.

"A-Ah drat!"

Fear saves with 27 and attack hits with 24.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Thomas Bryant

"Jesus Christ, these kids..."

In a mere minute, the tone of the battle had changed completely. The difference between watching the JSSDF and the forward Eva team was simply night and day. It's something that fills you with a feeling that is hard to pin down. Is it awe... or is it fear? Captain Bryant, however, does not have long to contemplate these psychological implications. His attention is quickly caught by the sight of the next Evangelion lining up a pallet rifle shot.

No, dammit, that's not going to work!

Bryant rushes over to the section of consoles near Oshi and Kurosawa where, among other things, video feeds of the pilots are displayed. "Unit Two, you're not going to hit it like that! You'll just hit the AT field! It's being held down by the other two right now so take a step forward and aim for where they're stabbing it!"

He then half-turns to look back at Tachibana. "Get me turret fire on that thing! Take care not to hit any of the Eva units!"

Spending a fate point on Tactical Genius to add one degree of success to Hong's attack roll. This brings me down to 1. Also a half-action to issue a totally productive attack order to the turret mob present in the city.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hong Li

"R-Right!" How could he know? Hong Li isn't a soldier. Yet, he supposes. He takes a step forward as per instruction and aims for where the two are stabbing, firing off a series of shots that manages to break the angel's AT field and not much else.

Damage of 7

shin42k
Feb 16, 2014

Junko Kurosawa

Due to her advanced survival instinct, or as others would put it cowardice, Junko decided to take a much more cautious approach. Firstly she was not as brave or as talented as those going straight at the angel; secondly she felt that she was too far away to do anything like that. She decided to close the distance slowly and steadily as she drew her progressive knife out and set up her deflective field.

She decided to approach the angel from her right, or as the angel saw it, her/its (whatever that thing was) left. Flanking was always a good idea; if anything were to, god-forbid, go wrong she would hopefully be able to react accordingly and draw the angel away from the others.

I move due north for a half action + ready weapon for a half action. I activate the deflective field for a free action.
I guess I also need to roll initiative which turns out to be 1

shin42k fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 29, 2014

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
Sebastian von Falkenrath

Breath in, breath out. A quick prayer under his breath, Sebastian lets the LCL wash over and into him. This, this is what he had been bred for, what he had been taught for, what he had known all his life he would confront; the front lines. The HUDs blip'd online, and suddenly the entry plug became...closer. Though Sebastian had stretched his arms to find them with adequate room, it felt as though he was being pressed in, as though he were in a metal locker rather than a cockpit. The sensors came on, and suddenly he was seeing through the EVA's eyes. He was then launched, and he was sent to meet his fate.

And there it was, his fate, the target. Sebastian was staring almost face to face with an abomination that spat on the human form, a giant that crawled from Hell. And that giant had snuffed a hundred lives today with but a single motion. Buildings bowed away from it, VTOLs swatted out of the sky as though they were nothing, tanks turned to little more than splinters in his sensors. Sebastian's eyes widen, taking in the vignette that seemed to be taking place on the head of a pin. He had been told of such a travesty, and so he heard the screams and roars of panicked commands, the gunshots and unintelligible curses that preceded the driver's death. An old man, a man who he had known as his father's accountant as long as Sebastian had lived, clutching his stomach as an AK round punctured the window. For a moment, he saw these images magnified to a scale appropriate to such a war as was playing out before him. Take the image in, know their faces, know that they faced the same fate we all must reach, then complete the mission. To do anything else would be a disgrace, and God forbid Sebastian be a disgrace. He grasped the controls in his hand, readying himself to confront the beast.

Then half of the unit becomes a gaggle of idiots.

Two of them charge straight forward, completely open, attempting to get into melee range with an unknown variable. They had guns why not use the guns oh sweet merciful heavens have they even deployed their AT Fields yet?! Did that Hargrave girl seriously just FLIP HER KNIFE before USING IT?! My God, if Sebastian had attempted such a thing... It was bloody needless!

"AT FIELDS!" Sebastian ends up spitting, accidentally raising the EVA's hands as Sebastian grips the controls. He blinks in realization of what he just did, before lowering his EVA's arms and going about practicing what he preached. With a strangely natural ease, he opened up the Field, washing it over the EVA as it hummed to life. With that done, Sebastian had the EVA grasp the Pallet Rifle and move forward. He wanted to get a closer look at this Angel, get up close before he starts putting rounds into this thing.

Well, at the moment, spending a quick action to peacock fan out my AT Field, gaining my full 5 ATS thanks to good ol' Quick Spread. Also Full Move of 12 to move toward and into sight with the creepy Angel thing, so about upper left, 11:30 o'clock for 6, then straight up the rest of the 6.
Initiative: 1d10+3 5Willpower: 1d100 18 Under 40.

AlanWhats fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 28, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

The Angel flinches and stumbles from Jenna and Elizbeth's well-placed strikes, its Core already beginning to show strain. It holds one of its arms up to its chest briefly and the damage fades somewhat before it turns towards the two of you. Roaring like twisted steel, it sprays a cone of blue matter that quickly glows blinding white as it touches the air, narrowly missing Jenna's left arm. Elizabeth is only saved by the rapid deployment of a Barrier Field to blunt the attack.

Captain Bryant

Han frowns as he studies the sensor logs of what just happened. "Captain, I think you should see this." He punches up a terminal window showing the results of the MAG's calculations, newly fortified with the telemetry.

quote:

SUBSTANCE SOURCE: FIRST ANGEL
COMPOSITION: 23.6% ANTIPROTON, 47.3% ANTIQUARK (DOWN), 2.8% ANTIQUARK (TOP), 26.3 % ERROR: UNABLE TO RESOLVE BEYOND PLANCK LIMIT

LARGE QUANTITIES OF MESONS, PHOTONS, NEUTRINOS, AND GLUONS DETECTED -- 97.366666666...% MASS-ENERGY CONVERSION RATIO

BEHAVIOR CONSISTENT WITH MATTER-ANTIMATTER REACTION WITH SURROUNDING ATMOSPHERE.

SUGGESTED COURSE OF ACTION (URANUS): ELIMINATION OF TARGET
SUGGESTED COURSE OF ACTION (GAIA): MAINTAIN ABSOLUTE T̻̣͓͔̺̟͇̹ͪͨ̔͢͡Ẹ̘̪͙̫̫̮͔̓̅̏̅͑R̶̟̬̬͚̃̃̿ͦ͆̐͘R̢̹̦͍͓͉͈̀̀O̖̣̼̮̲͉͐͆ͯ̚͟Ṙ̵̠͈̻̠͍ͨ̾͒͌ͬͮ̚ͅͅ T̻̣͓͔̺̟͇̹ͪͨ̔͢͡Ẹ̘̪͙̫̫̮͔̓̅̏̅͑R̶̟̬̬͚̃̃̿ͦ͆̐͘R̢̹̦͍͓͉͈̀̀O̖̣̼̮̲͉͐͆ͯ̚͟Ṙ̵̠͈̻̠͍ͨ̾͒͌ͬͮ̚ͅͅT̻̣͓͔̺̟͇̹ͪͨ̔͢͡Ẹ̘̪͙̫̫̮͔̓̅̏̅͑R̶̟̬̬͚̃̃̿ͦ͆̐͘R̢̹̦͍͓͉͈̀̀O̖̣̼̮̲͉͐͆ͯ̚͟Ṙ̵̠͈̻̠͍ͨ̾͒͌ͬͮ̚ͅͅ TERRITORY FIELD
SUGGESTED COURSE OF ACTION (PONTUS): MAINTAIN ABSOLUTE TERRITORY FIELD

AlanWhats showed up, so for the rest of the combat this is the initiative order:
Vicissitude
KPrime
Gorbash
Waffleman/Takanago/AlanWhats
Angel
shin42k

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 29, 2014

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Antoine

Battle has been met, and his blood is up. Ant hurls himself into the melee with the Angel and to support his team.

Move and attack. Hoping to get to the square directly above the Angel on the map. Attack is at WS 44 +10 for Ganging Up (3:1 and halved for Lone Wolf) = 54 to hit with the Progressive Knife. Maintaining Deflection 2 and Neutralize 3 as a free action.

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 29, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jenna

Jenna roars and continues to try to tear the angel to pieces with knife and horn, but is repulsed by the creature's AT field. Oddly, this seems to calm her, and she sets her feet, clearly readying a different tactic... assuming the Angel doesn't vaporize her first.

Total whiffs this round.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Elizabeth Hargrave

As the blinding light of the Angel's counter attack fades, Unit-04 still stands in the same position, unharmed. Liza lets the hastily thrown up Barrier Field dissolve as she grips the prog knife in both massive hands and drives it into the Angel, taking advantage of the opening created by her sister's assault.

Swinging that prog knife for another 4 core damage, rolls on IRC.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hong Li

Moving and attacking. My first roll didn't hit, so I spent a Fate point and rerolled to get a 58.

Hong Li decides to rush in, pulling out his knife and joining the others in stabbing the heck out of it. Unfortunately, he doesn't even damage its AT Field.

"Nnngh!"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Thomas Bryant

Bryant stares at the console for a couple of seconds and then looks back up at Han.

"The hell am I looking at, Han? Help me out here." He points at the corrupted on-screen text. "And what's going on with Gaia?"

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Sebastian von Falkenrath

The dogpile continued, with Hong ineffectually slapping the Angel and the quieter Hargrave going so batshit that the EVA is biting at the Angel's legs. Seriously, there was something up with that girl. At least it seemed that they had their defenses up, as evidenced by the brief moment seeing Elizabeth with said field.

The unit was suffering, however, and was in need of assistance. "G-...Give clear line of sight." Sebastian bluntly states as he has the EVA raise the pallet rifle. "Hold 'til defenses are neutralized." He jams the harsh controls and causes the EVA to advance, aiming to get closer to the target. Now, to dismantle the Angel's defenses. Sebastian focuses his mind, and soon the AT Field lifts from him. The field magnifies and grows, and then reaches out to engulf the Angel as a wave. He pushes the field, expecting to crash the field down and strip the Angel of its defenses. As he does so, he feels a push, somewhere in the back of his mind. He ignores it, focusing on nothing but the image in front of him.

Half Action to move up closer. Putting in all 6 ATP to Neutralize using interference pattern (deep) for 40 dam worth of neutralization.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Captain Bryant

Han sighs. "The target is capable of producing large quantities of antimatter; it appears it can also secrete it from places other than it's...mouth analogue. In layman's terms, since it annihilates anything it touches, the only thing that will stop the target's attacks is an AT field. As for Gaia, there's been an anomalous bug in the text parsing engine. It hasn't been fixed yet since it doesn't seem to affect anything major." He shrugs. "Even if Gaia is compromised the other two MAGI Units can outvote it."

Angel

The Angel turns its ire towards Elizabeth, lashing out towards her Evangelion's left arm. Liza easily dodges the telegraphed attack, only to get knocked on her rear end as the angel tackles her square in the chest.

Half action attack that Elizabeth dodged, followed by a Knockdown that gave her a level of Fatigue, as well as making her Prone and Stunned.

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 30, 2014

shin42k
Feb 16, 2014

Junko Kurosawa

Junko was to far away to do anything of worth, so there was only one thing she could do. "...get closer" dropped out of her mouth.

Hopefully she could get close enough in time to do something of worth.

Move for a full action. 5 north and 3 west

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Antoine

poo poo... one unit down. That means it's time to up the ante a little. No more holding back. Ant gives his next strike his all, going for the kill. Gotta finish this one before it can take advantage of a downed opponent. Distract it and take the pain if you must.

Maintaining AT field as it was. All-out attack for WS 74 to hit with Progressive Knife

[19:24] <Vicissitude> 1d100 vs WS 74
[19:24] <Hashutbot> Vicissitude, vs WS 74: 30 [1d100=30]

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 31, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jenna

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZ!" Jenna's knife slams into the angel's arm, and with truly inhuman strength the armored monstrosity levers the angel off the ground and physically drags it away from the prone Eva, back toward the umbilical cords she started this nightmare from. "GET AWAY FROM HER!"

The Angel contacts the ground again. Jenna's expression is a far cry from the empty lifelessness that characterized it until now; now they are nothing but white hot rage.
"I'LL KILL YOU FOR TOUCHING HER! KILL YOU!"

Thanks to crap angel rolling Jenna manages to both drag the Angel backwards and stab it in the arm for 7 damage

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Elizabeth Hargrave

Liza is slammed around inside the plug as her Eva is bowled over by the Angel's bull rush, suffering the downside of the comparatively gracile design of her titanic machine. The Eva's limbs spasm as she struggles to right it, managing only to roll it over onto its front for the moment. She curses and slams her fists on the controls in frustration.

Lightweight chassis means I'm stunned and prone for this round.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hong Li

Hong Li has had enough. He rushes forward, knife in hand, and plunges the blade into the angel.

Charging and hitting the body for 10 damage.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 1, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Thomas Bryant

Bryant's attention snaps from the technobabble of the MAGI analysis screen to the chaos streaming from the Evangelion video feeds and battle map. "Unit Three, pull it together! Be careful! One, Two, Five, Zero, keep the target busy!"

"And do what you can to avoid getting caught in that thing's breath," he continues. "I've been told that it's antimatter, which will absolutely tear through everything your suits are made of. The only effective defense you have against that are your AT fields. We don't know if it has anything else up its sleeves so be careful. And don't forget to keep an eye on your batteries. The last thing you want to happen is to be stuck somewhere where you'll run out of power."

"Kurosawa," he asks, still focusing on the video feed. "How much time do they have?"

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Sebastian von Falkenrath

"SIND SIE ERNST?!" Sebastian blurts out in amazement as Jenna proceeds to lose her drat mind. Elizabeth is clearly fine in the monitors, unharmed and struggling to operate the EVA; and yet here she is, acting like she just watched her sister get shelled and her head roll past her feet. Was there no discipline in this girl? What could make her malfunction that much over something that should be expected in the heat of combat?

Sebastian's head was swimming with these thoughts. This entire experience was running contrary to almost everything he expected regarding first deployment, and he wasn't quite sure what to make of it. He was tempted to fire off a few rounds into the Angel, but it was currently deep in the thick of melee. At least Hong decided to finally get in on the action. Still, here Sebastian was, outside of the field of combat while the unit ineffectually tries to kill the Angel. He was growing tired of standing on the sideline; it was time to prove that he was a Falkenrath. Unit 00 lowered the pallet rifle and reached to one of the shoulder pylons, drawing the knife and gripping it tightly. Sebastian didn't indulge in any shows of finesse, stepping forward with intent to stab. Sebastian pulls Unit 00's arm back and lowers the intensity of the neutralization, armoring himself for the melee to come.

Maintaining Neutralization as a free action, dropping it to 4/6. Half action to draw knife, half action to get in melee range, let's loving go.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Captain Bryant

"Units 03 and 04 are down to 24 seconds of operational power, Unit 01 is on 36, and Unit 02 has 48. The remaining Units are still connected to the umbilical."

Pilots

The angel notes Jenna's reaction to it knocking down Elizabeth's Evangelion, cocking its head-analogue. It moves to attack Liza, and as Jenna moves to defer the attack its feint is revealed as it skewers Unit 03 with its arm, claws rending through armour and AT field effortlessly with the same blue/white glow from before! Right on cue, the reactive emergency charges detonate, blowing Jenna back a couple dozen meters to relative safety, albeit in a rather disorienting fashion.

Jenna falls for the feint, given that the Angel rolled a 1 on its WS test. 15 damage, no mitigation due to Antimatter and the Angel having 10 breach, leaving Unit 03's Body with 1 Explosive Critical Damage; she's knocked back 7 dam and can only take a half action next turn.

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 2, 2014

shin42k
Feb 16, 2014

Junko Kurosawa

As Junko saw the collapse of an ideal situation unfold, her mind retreated. The mantra “get closer” repeated incessantly in her head. Such thoughts were essentially suicidal, contrary to her nature... but somehow they felt alright. She felt as if a higher power had her arms around her, that higher power would protect her. Although it was more likely that that power wanted Junko to die.

Half move to activate neutralize for 2 Ap, 4/6 left for deflection. Move due east 4 spaces for a half move to get in melee range.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jenna

The light fades back out of Jenna's eyes. Right. Tactics. Those are a thing. Damage is... moderate, but without those reaction charges... best not to get close.

Moving steadily, she reattaches her umbilical cord and grabs her gun from the ground next to it. Right.

"Ready."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Antoine

One team member down is one too many. They need to pierce its core before the Angel can do any more damage to the unit. Unit 01's arms come around and try to grab the monster. The Progressive Knife skitters across it's collarbone but not trying to do damage. Ant just uses the blade to extend the reach of his grapple. The EVA's claws also help give him a solid grip on the Angel's frame. He broadcast's his intentions to the rest of the team.

"Go for the core while I hold it!"

[21:05] <Vicissitude> 1d100 vs WS 56
[21:05] <Hashutbot> Vicissitude, vs WS 56: 37 [1d100=37]

I grabbed it, but it can test Agility as a reaction to avoid it.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Elizabeth Hargrave

Her Eva finally responding to her commands again, Liza uses its lighter design to her advantage now, shoving hard off the ground to throw it back to its feet. "I know, don't give me orders!" She raises the progressive knife high over head, and then plunges it into the core with tremendous force with a shout of righteous fury.

Rolls on IRC, landed a hit to the core for 14. But it's an Angel, so there's more...

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

The knife slams into the core...which is completely unscathed.

Captain Bryant

"Sir, the sensors have gone wild!" Oshi yells. Han studies the projected AT potency graphs, the graphics fluctuating wildly. "The angel is destabilizing the resonant frequency of its AT field and creating a singularity. In layman's terms, it's completely rewriting the laws of physics on a local scale!"

Angel burned its fate point to survive Gorbash's attack, which also gave it Superior Action. *puts on Gygax hat*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hong Li

Hong Li raises his progressive knife, and with a grunt, thrustd it into the angel's core. "AAAGH!"

I used a FP to reroll and hit for 4 damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

As Hong strikes, the meaning of the Angel's spike in power becomes clear, as it shifts its form to allow its arm to strike out. While still grappled, the Angel gets enough give to lash out and tear a chunk out of Unit 02's head.

Captain Bryant

Kurosawa yells out. "Sir! Unit 02 sync ratio has dropped 13%!" Tachibana squeals from the attack and reads out. "His EEG is erratic!"

Behold Superior Action; the Angel can make Half Actions as Reactions, gets two Full Actions a turn, and can attack with extra weapons as a Full Action. Hit Hong, got him in the head, 10 damage sent him into 4 Critical Damage. Sync Disrupted south 13 points, gained an Insanity Point and a total of two levels of Fatigue. One more and he passes out from trauma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5xfIcR4-tA

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 3, 2014

• Locked thread