Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Did I miss the discussion of the presidents "chilly" reception at West Point? My FB feed is alive with mostly hilarious, but some scary comments about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Dead Reckoning posted:

LOL at the idea that the enthusiasm of West Point cadets is in any way a valid means of assessing something's value.

It sounded like someone edited the audio StSanders style in the video I saw, to make it sound like only 10 people were clapping. The compared it to Dubya giving a speech there in what apparently was a crowd reaction like you'd see on the old Arsenio Hall Show.

ARE BOYS ONLY CLAP A LITTLE BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO, NOT BECAUSE THEY RESPECT HIM. HOW MUCH MORE UNTIL THEY STOP FOLLOWING ORDERS?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I failed the PT test at Ranger School, then a Captain told us we let our nation down and I drove back to my quarters.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I really hope that's more for him suing Rolling Stone for the poo poo they put in their story.

Maybe LT Fancy is going to sue him.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

He's acting concerned that the current administration will get him because that's what "they" do apparently. That's probably some reference to Dinesh D'Souza.

OBONGO WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO PROTECT HIS NEW AGENT

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Get your official Bergdahl gear today!

http://teespring.com/BoweBergdahlIsATraitor

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

It's hard to draw direct causation, but read the article about him published in the daily beast. It's written by a guy who served in the unit and details how resources were rerouted, operations changed, and invasive searching pissed off locals.

On the other hand, maybe some guys that didn't get killed would have if they had continued their normal operations without him going missing. The fickle fist of fate is a cruel beast. :iiam:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Shockingly Dick Cheney believes Obama has endangered the country!

E: but holy poo poo, it's like the White House wants to give Fox ammo with the press conference with Bergdahls dad. What a poo poo show

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 3, 2014

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Can I post my fantasy here?

K.

Bergdahl comes back, convicted of desertion and whatever else (assuming the stories are true, which it seems to be), gets a nice trip to Leavenworth.

A few months later the five dudes released from GitMo each get a Hellfire sandwich.

Obama walks up on stage, "Owned." *mic drop*

Please let this happen. Inshallah!

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Maybe we gave one of them the Theon Greyjoy treatment and he's going to do stuff for us now.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Dude fuckin owns

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

tuluk posted:

link to this thing please.

Fiasco by Thomas Ricks is a great read on the topic.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

So, ISIS versus Mahdi Army, who wins?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

It's not surprisingly tough to find articles from credible sources but it sounds like American contractors at Balad where/are in a hairy situation. As near as I can tell Iraqi Air Force flew them out after the base was surrounded.

ISIS would pretty stupid to overrun and kill US contractors, it's pretty much they only thing they could do that would guarantee some type of response from the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

The rift between young and old liberals on Israel issues is pretty fascinating to watch. Kind of like the rift between young and old conservatives on law and order/ civil liberties stuff.

• Locked thread