Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Maybe this will finally light a fire under Congress's rear end to fund NASA more :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Derek Dominoe posted:

Glass this duplicitous piece of poo poo planet.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I think the only thing they'll really care about is if you start snapping photos of sensitive poo poo like security and stuff. Otherwise gawk away

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

This wouldn't happen if you drat jews would just get with the pogrom already

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mike-o posted:

Hey man burning down villages isn't a war crime.

Good enough for Sherman good enough for me

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Snowdens Secret posted:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA3Q05L20140427?irpc=932

Man, I wish we had ports like these when I was in. Subic would be an amazing place to be forward based compared to Guam.

There are still a lot of parts missing from the Asian Pivot (you know, like ships, aircraft, troops, funding) but this is an interesting step.

You'd never get allowed off base when you get there anyway. They send a DET out there once a year or so (or did), and everyone there is basically put up in villas 12-15 deep and restricted to base the entire time.

However you can order 2 large pizzas, a case of beer, 2 dozen chicken wings and a hooker for less than $40 and they'll deliver all of that to your doorstep. I heard more depraved poo poo coming out of Philippines deployments than any of the Thailand ones

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

scroogle nmaps posted:

Except Benghazi. rip

Yeah but that's North Africa. Nobody gives a poo poo about that continent unless it's on the Mediterranean

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Least you get flown to your death by a hot bald chick.

I'd be down for fighting bugs for 20 minutes with dizzy :pervert:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

iyaayas01 posted:

If you're in USFK you should probably just kill yourself now, it'll be better for you in the long run.

When I was in Japan I could never fathom how Korea could be even shittier for reactionary policy. In fact I still can't fathom it being shittier than USFJ policy. But it's somehow even loving worse despite there being way less marines

poo poo blows my mind

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

What's it like having a juicy girl for a mom?

I've only known one dude to gently caress one of them and the conversation went something like this

Me: "You hosed that chick without a condom? Dude you caught some poo poo"

Idiot: "Nah bro she's clean man"

48hrs later Idiot is hunched over the desk moaning because his dick is on fire

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Can I have your gun? I promise I'll put it to better use than you ever did.

Suicide is always the answer

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

LimburgLimbo posted:

Uh, the Japanese had like 250+ years without any major wars before they were made to open to the west at gunpoint by the Americans. The point of almost every shogunate period Japanese media is how the lack of conflict was transforming the warrior class into largely glorified clerks.

By basically keeping the entire country locked into like the 14th century for nearly 4 hundred goddamn years so they could maintain their power base :qq:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

"I will engage and destroy the enemies of the United States in close combat" is metal as gently caress and I think the army is better for it.

IIRC The Marine Corps Rifleman's creed is some poo poo like "Locate, close in and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or close combat"

It might also be the Objective of a Marine Corps Fireteam. I can't loving remember I was some dumb pog airwing gently caress

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Snowdens Secret posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/14/world/europe/ukraine-claims-full-control-of-port-city-of-mariupol.html?_r=0

The certainly-not-Russians also shot down an Il-76 the other day, I dunno if anyone posted the footage of that here yet

Russia actually has working T-64's still? :staredog:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Dubai won't even invest in a loving sewer system unless you count a 20 mile long line of poo poo trucks that dump it in the middle of their lovely goddamn desert.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Well yeah, they're government employees. They're lazy and/or stupid and/or scum.

This why I want a government job so I can continue to be lazy, stupid, and be scum while still having pretty good benefits despite being nothing but a detriment on humanity itself

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I wonder if they'd make the kurds move out of the region they occupy in Turkey for that to happen. Either way it's nice that the Kurds aren't being poo poo on for once

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Courthouse posted:

:vince:

But seriously, someone probably looked at a map ane realized there's a lot of kurds between the turks and arabs/persians. So a Kurdistan between them and Syria/Iraq The Capiphate II; Genocide Bogaloo could make sense. Also, I like the Kurds. So good for them. :unsmith:

Out of curiosity, what would these "legal conditions" be?

You have to hold 3 of 5 provinces, have gavelkind succession and pay 250 gold

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Cole posted:

God this is gonna give those little shits who can't run faster than 20 minute two miles an excuse for being so slow.

Wait I'm out I don't give a poo poo suck it.

Max Max Relax human being

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Victor Vermis posted:

Try Lie Die =*(

I ran faster than 21 minutes once and I was like gently caress that never again, and just did 25 minute jogs the rest of the time I was in. Not like my poo poo MOS was promoting anyway.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The women are way hotter too

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Godzilla is bullshit because Nevada will never allow Yucca Mountain to go operational in their lovely barren hell hole of a state. At least the finns are down as gently caress with nukes

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Russians did that poo poo right. How would you like a man-portable thermobaric weapon?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPO-A_Shmel

The SMAW has had thermobaric warheads for awhile now as well

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Tide posted:

Guys, I rely on you to be the cool, calm collect sources of whether or not I should be freaked out about something. So...

Chill.

I dunno about the rest of these guys but I'm loving pumped about getting turned into radioactive ash

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

http://youtubedoubler.com/cYo9

Now if you excuse me I need to reserve my seat in hell

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fojar38 posted:

Have the Germans always been dumb?

Maybe not dumb but severely lacking in foresight.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

gleep gloop posted:

Why again did Germany shut down it's reactors? Oh hey lets completely gently caress over our energy on some retarded principled stand.

Because they elected the Green Party of all goddamn things. You know those dumb motherfuckers who think coal is a better alternative to nuclear.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I don't understand why anyone would brag about being irish

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

Well to be fair we treat most of our nearby neighbors like poo poo, too.

But Canada loving deserves it those poutine huffing, syrup chugging communists

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Yup, last straw. Gonna go chop off my foreskin and take up the kikey cause. I can't murder browns hard enough after reading that.

No anteater dicks allowed in gip imho

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

Israeli Police just stormed the Al Aqsa mosque. It's going to be an interesting week.

EDIT: On a second watch, it looks like they were just clearing the courtyard around the mosque, and the video is a day and a half old.

Apparently the Sheikh got nailed with a stray rubber bullet when they stormed the joint

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

I forgot who said it first, but Clapton's -Tears in Heaven- was the very first dubstep song, since it was entirely centered around a sick rear end drop

What's the difference between a pound of heroin and a toddler

Eric Clapton didn't let a pound of heroin fall out of a 53rd floor window

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Best Friends posted:

The thing is Gulf Arab societies with lots of oil don't just import labor for the drudge work, they also import the smart set to do their engineering, accounting, etc, instead of sending their kids to Harvard or building Mega-Harvard out of gold in the harbor or some other educational equivalent and properly setting up their societies to do something other than export oil and terrorism. It's generation after generation of idle idiots, crashing cars and loving enslaved Russians and their African housekeepers, with no end in sight.

I think it's the UAE that has some giant baller rear end MIT satellite campus in some super eco friendly city, so at least they're attempting to not be completely hosed when the spice stops flowing

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

ArbitraryTA posted:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/07/hamas-didnt-kidnap-the-israeli-teens-after-all.html

Welp. I think any vestiges of good will the world could have for Israel just got pissed out all over the ground.

Haha if you think this changes a loving thing you're out of your goddamn mind

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

CSM posted:

Well, except for the 42 dead Israeli soldiers, the deteriorating international relations , and the lack of an actual objective making this short conflict already a quagmire for Israel.

No one that actually has power in this world gives a gently caress that they're murdering a shitload of brown people en masse.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

no, unfortunately america doesnt view one group of slackjawed slavs bombing another as a good reason to end this whole loving farce they call humanity

Which is a loving shame

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

psydude posted:

War in Libya? Check. Ebola outbreak? Check. Rednecks from middle America staging an attack on Washington DC? Well the Tea Party is doing this metaphorically, so check. Japanese Terrorists attacking congress? Not quite, but some non-white people blew up the Pentagon 13 years ago, so that's close enough. I look forward to serving under President Jack Ryan.

Oh poo poo this means they're going to start producing the Commanche again :getin:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

chemosh6969 posted:

As a master psychic, I predict the US will do nothing except allow China to continue to develop weapons to attack the greatest country in the world because the only people we're willing to fight are donkey people, and even then we lose. As for the Ukraine, Russia can do what it wants to it. It's not like we cared enough to defend it in the first place.

As interesting as these articles are, it'd be more fitting if they all just said "Once again, the US does nothing for the future."

There's literally nothing we can do (non-militarily) to Russia that will have any impact unless Europe hops on board with us and they won't because they're wholly dependent on Russian gas and oil to run their countries or will be benefiting from future pipelines that will run through those countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Courthouse posted:

Hamas openly goads Israel into shelling these places to win the media war/moral high ground, and israel obliges. Never mind the fact that they usually launch and scatter, meaning return fire has 0 chance of actually hitting anyone but innocents. Hamas is guilty for using them as shields, but Israel is guilty of falling for it like idiots. Mind you, I am not accusing Israel of being the bad guys, I am accusing them of being idiots and causing suffering for no material gain.
I'm ok with causing suffering for material gain, but the means have to have an end to justify them. And the loving launchers are long gone by the time the IDF returns fire, so why the gently caress sacrifice both morals and international opinion for no military gain?

Spoiler: No one that actually has power to do poo poo to Israel (read: Europe, America) gives a hot steaming poo poo over a bunch of brown people being turned into paste by the judenreich. Israel sells top of the line military technology to china that we give them and that's not enough to break ties with them. You think them exterminating a bunch of muslims that not even the muslim world gives a poo poo about is going to change things?

The only reason Palestine has any support at all is because it snubs Israel. If Israel didn't exist no one would give a gently caress about those people.

• Locked thread