Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

50 Foot Ant posted:

Countdown till people start talking about how we 'abandoned our allies in Iraq' because of... well... whatever.

It'll all be blamed on the US.

Because we went in to "fix" poo poo and completely destabilized the area with a lack of an exit plan, where we balled out on a country that was in juvenile development in terms of a new government. We left them with a lovely half assed military made up of unmoyivated dudes with no real experienced leadership because of us deciding gently caress those guys, then trying to give them American style everything rather than adapting our system to their culture. Then there was the whole surge bullshit, arming deathsquads and paying them so they were then "security forces" and we could say that insurgent activity was down in Anbar, leaving those motherfuckers armed and unsupervised all because Bush put worthless fuckstain Pateaus as Supreme Reichsmarshall of Nickels. gently caress the whole situation. I feel like poo poo because I put a ton of work in, and wanted to do the right thing, and wanted Iraq to come out better than when we went in.
So yeah, kinda our fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Godholio posted:

No we didn't, we went in to topple Saddam. That's as far as our plan went. We didn't even move to secure the borders for months. Reconstruction contractors and supplies should have been right behind the ships carrying tanks and MREs. But...nope.

I still don't think it would've ended well, but reconstruction never had a chance to succeed. We stormed the valley and let Iran et al have the overlooking hills.

I'd rather invade Puerto Rico. It'd be great without so many drat Puerto Ricans.

I am well aware of how things went down- I should have been more clear. That was the intent on how to "fix" Iraq- topple Saddam then everything will be better. Too bad the war was run by mouth breathing retards.

• Locked thread