Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Whip Slagcheek posted:

In non-Ukraine news: Turkey shot down a Syrian jet that may or may not have been in their airspace.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/23/world/meast/syria-civil-war/

The jet was apparently a MiG-23, but all the pictures associated with the article (that aren't of Erdogan speechifying) seem to be an Su-27 in flames. I'm not sure who's mistake is being replicated at internet speeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Courthouse posted:

There is a explanation much more complex than 'Army Dumb' here, but at this point how long is the list of invaded countries that didn't collapse to insurgency after the US left? :smith:

What, starting with Mexico?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Extra hilarity points awarded for them being ex-Iraqi units that were impounded in 2003.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Bolow posted:

The SMAW has had thermobaric warheads for awhile now as well

Also, the M202 did the rocket flamethrower job for a while, when it wasn't being used in Eighties action movies.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-JA1ffd5Ms

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

chemosh6969 posted:

Were they flying in a no-fly zone, like the article says?

quote:

Four missile mounted on a tracked chassis
:spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I want 50FA to come back and tell us bedtime stories about the good old days of the Cold War where all of the poo poo going on right now would have sparked WWIII several times over. It would make me feel a little better.

On the other hand, the Cold War air loss tally.

• Locked thread