Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Meh, Jens is a career politician and is extremely good at hiding his own opinions.
That also extends to his youth when he was a leader of the labour partys youth wing.
He served his conscription in the infantry at the height of the cold war and his father served as minister of both foreign affairs and defence as well as an extremely respected president of the Norwegian Red Cross when he retired from politics.

He's an economist, and appears to be a good one.

I don't agree with all his views, but as a person he appears to a genuinely good man and a good leader.

He will be loyal to the organization at all costs.

That the WSJ doesn't like a Norwegian labour leader is hardly a surprise...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Courthouse posted:

Mind games with Swedish intelligence?

They totally do this.

We were out with these bog standard boring naval home guard (like the national guard) vessels a few years ago, about to go into a tiny port for the night:

We found an empty Russian embassy car (untouchable) right at our assigned civilian berth for the night, just to rub it in that they knew our sailing plan and our berthing space and no unit is too small and boring to be without interest.

We retaliated by placing the cordon juuust on the other side of the car so whoever had to leave his car right there untill we left. :colbert:

Once a few men were "fishing" from a bridge over to a nearby military installation in the winter, but they hadn't even bothered to make a hole in the ice below.

I want you to see me see you.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Russian prapaganda at its finest again:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulrod...heroic-surgeon/

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/azelin/status/477229200240148481

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Obama Africanus posted:

Came for the Clancy, stayed for the Cabbage Patch Kid.

I don't feel good about this joke, I just needed to say something so offensive and over the line that I remind myself that I even have a line to begin with. It's how I respond to these sorts of things.

Thanks anyway. Made me smile. I was just clicking that one and then I thought "Hell, with the way these pictures are taken the next one might be a kid. Please don't be a kid"

It's a kid.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Well, a 70kg frag-HE proximity warhead should have killed a lucky few instantly...

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Lol.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

psydude posted:

lol it's missing a missile

Looks like it's missing two, making an even better fit because of the antonov shootdown earlier in the week.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Actually the (northern) euro left is more the other way and are pretty much in favor of outlawing male circumcision as well, barring medical necessity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Sjurygg posted:

Norwegian ministry of justice formally requests assistance from the military. Looks like we have another late July tradition going in addition to impending abortions and busted credit cards.

Oh, good. Sitting in an aluminium can with no air con for 18 hours at a time guarding something or other is just what I was missing in this heat.

• Locked thread