Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A problem with this evil guard guy is that he's also a bad guy on Continuum. So I keep wondering why he traveled to this horrible future as a Freelancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

A problem with this evil guard guy is that he's also a bad guy on Continuum. So I keep wondering why he traveled to this horrible future as a Freelancer.

Clearly this is the future he was trying to prevent. Where all the corporations nuked each other.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

drat girl you got one hell of a case of Stockholm syndrome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, because what they need is a bunch of guns. Also, drug nuts.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I hope they find some Nuka Cola or Mentats down there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You'd think Jasper of all people would realize when he was on drugs.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bellamy is hopeless sort of the post-apocalypse version of Captain Janeway in that it's surprising he hasn't be fragged by his subordinates for bad decision making 101.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
This show has a lot going for it. Pretty people or not, the cast is really charismatic and owns their roles. The story is becoming more and more conventional, but the writers making an obvious effort to humanize each character as time goes on. Even the heartless baddies have been crushed under the weight of what they've had to do. Also, while not necessarily a point in its favor, the show is surprisingly violent. Like, outside of an HBO show this is one of the most violent programs I've ever seen.

I feel kind of bad for the Grounders at this point. Their way of life is about to dissapear and they are very likely going to be annihilated in the very same fashion that Native Americans were. I guess if you think about it, this may pretty much a retelling of the coming of the first settlers to America, only with spaceships.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
on a plus note, that Aussie chick from Dollhouse is in the next episode.

She curls my toes a bit.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Jayisspecial posted:

I feel kind of bad for the Grounders at this point. Their way of life is about to dissapear and they are very likely going to be annihilated in the very same fashion that Native Americans were. I guess if you think about it, this may pretty much a retelling of the coming of the first settlers to America, only with spaceships.

I don't know man, it's like a small town with limited resources trying to invade. The tech the Spacers have isn't really that much more advanced then what they went up with.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

kdrudy posted:

I don't know man, it's like a small town with limited resources trying to invade. The tech the Spacers have isn't really that much more advanced then what they went up with.

They mentioned 2000 people in orbit, but only the logistics to get 700 down. If it comes down to 2100 people who are armed and have military knowledge, it's going to be pretty one sided. We don't know very much about the grounders though, admittedly. Lincoln seems like he's had scout/combat training.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Didn't see it mentioned, but the CW has renewed The 100.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
Well it took a while but I've finally grown to like Bellamy as a character with motivations beyond "be a dick". I still don't find him all that necessary, but that'll probably end up changing too.

The whole guns thing kind of caught me off guard. And I'm a sucker for vehicles that force characters to face their inner demons. One thing I really like about this show is that Clark isn't the antithesis of Bellamy but just someone trying to get by in a position she didn't ask for. Her initial resistance to the guns but her eventual capitulation was more interesting then them just leaving the guns.

Also, this show seems to be following in the track of most CW shows in that it can pace itself pretty quickly. Wasn't expecting to see more grounders so soon.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

bull3964 posted:

Didn't see it mentioned, but the CW has renewed The 100.

I'm happy to hear this. Too bad about Tomorrow People, but that show never really did it for me. I missed an ep and then just never got around to picking it back up. This show has gotten better and better each episode and far exceeded my expectations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Astroman posted:

I'm happy to hear this. Too bad about Tomorrow People, but that show never really did it for me. I missed an ep and then just never got around to picking it back up. This show has gotten better and better each episode and far exceeded my expectations.

I'm happy this got renewed. It's better than it has any right to be. Tomorrow People was decent but I cut it in my "new baby television culling" ritual that saw 10 shows get deleted from my DVR.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's probably good that they didn't find space weed and assault rifles at the same time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jayisspecial posted:

They mentioned 2000 people in orbit, but only the logistics to get 700 down. If it comes down to 2100 people who are armed and have military knowledge, it's going to be pretty one sided. We don't know very much about the grounders though, admittedly. Lincoln seems like he's had scout/combat training.

Don't worry, the 100 will just freeze to death. Grounders win without having to do anything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That explosion was pretty graphic for the CW.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hey everyone, the vice chancellor has a mother!

...AND NOW SHE'S DEAD.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

Hey everyone, the vice chancellor has a mother!

...AND NOW SHE'S DEAD.

She was around in a couple of other episodes. She was the head priestess or whatever of their tree religion.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Apparently there was a second Mir. And Mrs. Tigh overplayed her hand.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Grounder 'bout to pound her

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes that's right, screw the likely mutated grounder, that will end well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That whole scene is kind of creepy if you remember that she's at most 17.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This guy does not play "earnest" very well.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

No one from space deserves to live, they are all stupid. Except Finn, he just needs to find a magic dog.

Edit: haha, didn't expect that.

kdrudy fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 15, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh man, if Clarke's mom wasn't dead before she sure as poo poo is now.

Also it really bugs me how much worse Finn's actor was this episode.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

kdrudy posted:

No one from space deserves to live, they are all stupid. Except Finn, he just needs to find a magic dog.

Edit: haha, didn't expect that.

seriously rooting for the grounders to wipe everyone out except Finn.

what horrible little children

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Damiya posted:

Exactly. This show. It took me 3 seasons of the Walking Dead to get to the point where I wanted everyone, and I mean everyone to just die. This show got to that point in just 8 episodes. Finn and Octavia + Grounders FTW.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I dunno. I thought that was ok except for all the dumb drama created between everyone.

I'm not paying a ton of attention though. Have no idea what's going on in space or what crashed at the end there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Ark lost power because instead of decoupling the Exodus ship just took off, ripping off all the attachments and scaffolding. It also looks like the Exodus ship crashed instead of landing, although that is probably a fake out.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

radical meme posted:

Exactly. This show. It took me 3 seasons of the Walking Dead to get to the point where I wanted everyone, and I mean everyone to just die. This show got to that point in just 8 episodes. Finn and Octavia + Grounders FTW.

Pretty much. At this point, I'm just waiting for Octavia to go native and Finn to throw up his hands in disgust with both Clark and Raven and possibly join her.

I do have to give the show props for being so willing to make its characters unlikable, though, especially Clark. Rather than being the voice of morality she seems to think she is, she's an uptight, joyless buzzkill who's only right about half the time and even then, it's only by accident.

As for what's happening on the station - I'm starting to wonder if we're going to see the entirety of the Ark lost, and the show end up being solely about the juvenile delinquents vs. the Grounders.

Queers And Fears
Apr 30, 2006
Look out for Ole Miss in 06!

muscles like this? posted:

The Ark lost power because instead of decoupling the Exodus ship just took off, ripping off all the attachments and scaffolding. It also looks like the Exodus ship crashed instead of landing, although that is probably a fake out.

So shouldn't all of the people that were on the other side of the Exodus died when it took off? Also I'm sure although the Exodus crashed and exploded Clark's mom will have miraculously survived.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fighting Trousers posted:

As for what's happening on the station - I'm starting to wonder if we're going to see the entirety of the Ark lost, and the show end up being solely about the juvenile delinquents vs. the Grounders.

This is the only reason I'm going to continue to watch; want to know if they off them all. When Clarke immediately went to call for backup/guns after talking to Finn, I started to delete the season. I kinda of want either Kane or Chancellor Jaha to make it down just to drive a stake thru the heart of Ellen Tigh; I hate her so much and yet, I bet nobody can even remember her name from this show, I know I can't.

MaC_DaDDy posted:

So shouldn't all of the people that were on the other side of the Exodus died when it took off? Also I'm sure although the Exodus crashed and exploded Clark's mom will have miraculously survived.

And that monster of a woman who took her place on the Council. Which will be really pathetic because that's gonna be like saying that the astronauts could have survived the Challenger disaster; something that's not gonna happen in the real world. I can see how the Ark could have survived and just lost all power. It may not be something that can happen in the real world but I'm sure they are not dead just yet and will likely restore power in the next episode so they can limp along at least till the end of the season.

radical meme fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 15, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing I found most annoying about not-Ellen Tigh was how Jaha was all "you tried to have me killed and set off a bomb in a public space" and her excuse was just that Jaha was lying to people. That really shouldn't sway anyone.

Edit: Also annoying how she just kind of popped up out of nowhere when they decided that Kane wouldn't actually be the bad guy.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I've started watching this show with my housemate as part of our pizza night, to replace Helix. I'm actually impressed with that they have done so far though I was looking forward to seeing more irradiated animals. I love that the rockets they used to signal the Ark ended up destroying a village. Here's hoping the Exodus dropship happened to land on another one just to make things even more complicated.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I would be impressed if the ark was still around at the finale. Things just keep getting worse and worse for them.

also

Damiya posted:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Damiya posted:

I'm rooting for the two stoners to survive, so they can come across a field of irradiated weed and live like kings.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I hope the ark is fully hosed and no one other than perhaps a hand full of people can leave for the surface before they all freeze/burn/suffocate to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Fighting Trousers posted:

Probably.

Also, why haven't the Grounders just killed all the kids already? They could've just attacked the camp early on and wiped them out early on.

• Locked thread