Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CODChimera posted:

Probably.

Also, why haven't the Grounders just killed all the kids already? They could've just attacked the camp early on and wiped them out early on.

Some stupid reason. I bet they need them to repopulate their numbers or something.

Oh Jesus, that's going to be it isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Let me guess, the Grounders are the survivors of the 13th station.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

gohmak posted:

The one that blew up in orbit? Kind of doubt it. Pretty sure they really are the ground based survivors.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

gohmak posted:

When they mentioned the 13th station I had a feeling something was going to be up with that, so that wouldn't be surprising. Unless it's a fakeout to make you think it's ripping off Hunger Games.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Regarding ext weeks trailer, you have to love that this time around The indians are giving the white man small pox blankets

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I can't believe that Cylon bitch ripped her ship off of the Ark without even bothering to decouple it, knowing that would doom everyone on the Ark to death. Like...what? If they survive that horrible crash (doubtful but who knows, this is TV) how would her followers believe her altruistic lies anymore?

I'm going to guess that the rest of the Ark is forced to hurry up into the rest of the exodus ships and hope for the best, but maybe they're all dead. :(

Bringing Twitchy goggle guy along on a mission as back up was probably Bellamy's worst idea yet.

Queers And Fears
Apr 30, 2006
Look out for Ole Miss in 06!

hollylolly posted:

Bringing Twitchy goggle guy along on a mission as back up was probably Bellamy's worst idea yet.

Especially when that guy had been getting drunk all day off of the moonshine he made.

The grounders should have been scouting their camp and attacked during the drunk festivities. I'm curious as to what the grounders' population is.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hollylolly posted:

Best idea. Did you see his drunken cowardly hipfiring? He killed like 3 of them.

Queers And Fears
Apr 30, 2006
Look out for Ole Miss in 06!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Best idea. Did you see his drunken cowardly hipfiring? He killed like 3 of them.

The spray and pray technique worked great for him.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

hollylolly posted:

I can't believe that Cylon bitch ripped her ship off of the Ark without even bothering to decouple it, knowing that would doom everyone on the Ark to death. Like...what? If they survive that horrible crash (doubtful but who knows, this is TV) how would her followers believe her altruistic lies anymore?

I'm going to guess that the rest of the Ark is forced to hurry up into the rest of the exodus ships and hope for the best, but maybe they're all dead. :(

Yeah, Diane was all "well, Jaha lied and you only have enough dropships for less than half the people on the Ark" so she decides to peace out and possibly murder everyone else.

I'm surprised anyone trusts anyone in charge anymore, though Jaha would still be the lesser evil after this. I mean, the crazy bitch decided to just take out the station after blowing a half a dozen people up just earlier.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Guess Bellamy couldn't bring his right-hand man, which is dumb because everyone else back at the ship is buttfuck drunk and too high to care.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sober posted:

Yeah, Diane was all "well, Jaha lied and you only have enough dropships for less than half the people on the Ark" so she decides to peace out and possibly murder everyone else.

I'm surprised anyone trusts anyone in charge anymore, though Jaha would still be the lesser evil after this. I mean, the crazy bitch decided to just take out the station after blowing a half a dozen people up just earlier.

The best part was that the dropship wasn't even full. They said that only 50% of their people were on. Even assuming that 100% of their people would fill up the ship, that is still hosed up. I hope the crew murdered her before they exploded into a fiery ball but everyone will probably be fine.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the series will end with grounders wiping out the more tech advanced survivors

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I keep watching this show despite the drama points being so painfully avoidable if all of the characters weren't the dumbest people on (or off I guess) earth. Literally every conflict point shouldn't even be a thing.

The worst offender is the counsel lady that just hosed the ENTIRE ARK UP because they were lying to people? First, if that's her beef; she knew/was well aware of anything and everything that was going on and could have told the population about it and staged an actual coup. But instead she tries to have Jaha (who at least seems like a fairly decent dude that's made some bad decisions in difficult situations), then blows up a unity celebration killing 6 people (including some kids), then plans to take a dropship (that she knows they don't have nearly enough of) with her people to earth to escape? And she's totally fine with crippling the ark and essentially killing everyone up there? I don't get her motivations at all.

Clearly the best thing to do when trying to negotiate peace is to secretly bring back up that's been itching to use those guns you found. I actually thought it would be smart to bring backup, but everyone on your side needs to be in on it so it doesn't go completely sideways like it did..

Everyone on this show is so self absorbed and dumb. Even the 2 kids that wanted peace with the grounders are messed up. Finn thinks they should never use guns ever when they've been getting speared left and right and Octavia is boning the dude that kidnapped her.

I enjoy the premise enough that I'll keep casually watching on Hulu, but I'm hoping the characters stop being so frustratingly stupid.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

She's a Cylon.

She has a :psylon: Plan :psylon:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

hollylolly posted:

She's a Cylon.

She has a :psylon: Plan :psylon:

Was her plan to have the escape pod filled with a bunch of men and only two women in their 40's to repopulate the Earth? Because that might not work for a number of reasons...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Can't be any worse than the real cylons who had no plan despite every episode stating they did.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

PowerBeard posted:

Was her plan to have the escape pod filled with a bunch of men and only two women in their 40's to repopulate the Earth? Because that might not work for a number of reasons...

They're obviously going to breed with the Grounders.

:barf:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Or with the 100, remember, there are no laws or age of consent on the Ground! :pedo:

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

PowerBeard posted:

Or with the 100, remember, there are no laws or age of consent on the Ground! :pedo:

Pretty sure everyone on this show is *legal* at the very least, if not old enough to drink in your crazy country.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

wooger posted:

Pretty sure everyone on this show is *legal* at the very least, if not old enough to drink in your crazy country.

Except for the girl who jumped off the cliff.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

hollylolly posted:

They're obviously going to breed with the Grounders.

:barf:

I'll have you know that some of these grounders are very beautiful and not mutated at all. :engleft:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Ravane posted:

I'll have you know that some of these grounders are very beautiful and not mutated at all. :engleft:
Did you see Lincoln's 8-pack abs?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

wooger posted:

The premise is that they're all under 18, other than Bellamy since he wasn't an official part of the drop.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

The premise is that they're all under 18, other than Bellamy since he wasn't an official part of the drop.

Yes, because at 18 their crimes would be re-evaluated and they would be released or floated.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, gently caress you Jasper.

Still can't tell if that was actually the Exodus ship or not.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well scratch another one off the list. How many are going to die tonight?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh no, its turning into Helix.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess everyone on the Ark is dead!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am sad only 14 terrible children died from the plague(and one got suffocated). Go grounders!

I loved the plot device pink nitroglycerin. Unstable and explosive in the first scene, then perfectly fine while Raven stumbles and falls around in the woods.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Man, gently caress you Jasper.

Still can't tell if that was actually the Exodus ship or not.

it was. the rocket fuel proved it.

it makes me kinda perversely happy that they just detonated the whole exodus ship.

I love that this show isn't afraid to drop bodies. keeps it from being predictable and trite.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I loved the plot device pink nitroglycerin. Unstable and explosive in the first scene, then perfectly fine while Raven stumbles and falls around in the woods.

I think she threw the stuff into a fire, not just tossed it.

Also, at the rate this is going they'll have to rename it "The 10" by the end of the season

Azhais fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 22, 2014

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Why did they have to write Jasper as a douchebag this episode, at least he seemed to learn his lesson by the end of the episode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's a teenager doucebag.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Damiya posted:

it was. the rocket fuel proved it.

it makes me kinda perversely happy that they just detonated the whole exodus ship.

I love that this show isn't afraid to drop bodies. keeps it from being predictable and trite.

I still think they're going for some kind of fake out because otherwise crashing the Exodus ship and killing everyone onboard is just a super abrupt ending to a bunch of story arcs.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

I still think they're going for some kind of fake out because otherwise crashing the Exodus ship and killing everyone onboard is just a super abrupt ending to a bunch of story arcs.
"People on the ark are as equally stupid as their own children down on the ground."

Would be ballsy as gently caress if they just up and said, "yep, Abby, Diane and all the traitors just died in a fiery explosion while literally loving over everyone else" and left it at that. I doubt it though but there really were bodies, I think they even established with the leaking rocket fuel that even if they just smashed into the ground, they would've been cooked alive (and they were).

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I'm sorry but I just can't get past the fact that they named the one Grounder that we're supposed to care about "Lincoln". I just laugh every drat time someone says his name. Because really, wtf, what writer names the badass, mysterious, outsider dude Lincoln???

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Maybe it's Linkin, like the band. It would definitely fit in with all the teen angst that's going on in the show. :v:

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
They just killed the black guy again, curious.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I'm sorry but I just can't get past the fact that they named the one Grounder that we're supposed to care about "Lincoln". I just laugh every drat time someone says his name. Because really, wtf, what writer names the badass, mysterious, outsider dude Lincoln???

Lincoln Hawk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Crusty Nutsack posted:

They're near DC. When they were paging through his notebook with his drawings there was one of the Lincoln Memorial, so I just figured he was named after that. Better than Ford Lincoln Mercury from the Postman at least.

• Locked thread