Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
The Beginning of the End

The Solar Empire of Humanity
The Sol System had been completely explored and manipulated by humanity for the benefit of our civilization. They had created artificial suns that wouldn't collapse or deteriorate and collapsed the sun at the center of their solar system in order to create a hole in reality. On the other side was an extremely valuable resource with no equal in this dimension: Great Matter

Great Matter
An extra dimensional piece of matter that didn’t follow any understood physical laws. With proper stimulus, Great Matter can be converted to any kind of matter with mass up to 1 hundred times greater than the original product. It could also be used to produce a nearly endless amount of energy. This discovery had ushered in a shining new age of post-scarcity. However, using extra-dimensional matter lead to unforeseen problems.

Radical Energy
When Great Matter was converted into normal matter, small particles of non-Newtonian energy was released. Because they didn't follow any discernible laws of physics, they couldn't be detected in any way. When enough of these particles gathered, extremely destructive extra dimensional zones where physics and reality no longer applied would open.

While the reason behind these anomalies had eventually been puzzled out theoretically, there was no existing technology that could detect or even deal with radical energy until massive colony ships were developed that could convert radical energy into normal energy while keeping people within safe. At the same time, many planets created shelters for people to use when the Anomalies started becoming more and more unstable.

By the time the Colony Ships entered sub-light speed in order to fix the problem the Solar Empire of Humanity created, the sol system and surrounding frontier systems had been almost entirely engulfed in anomalies, with an indeterminate amount of time for things to normalize.

The Present
In your colony ship, traveling at sub-light speed, several generations have passed. However, time outside of the colony is different. For them, millions of years had passed.

You don’t quite know what’s out there, but you and some others have been chosen to find out what it’s like now that the sol system has mostly normalized. Your goal is to find out about who or what lives out there, and what you can do with your technology to help them. On the other hand, whether you think they’ll deserve your help, or whether you wanted on to this mission was never up for debate with the elders.

Slowly, all of you descend out of sub-light speed, on your way to an ancient outpost that had recently sent the signal to begin reconnaissance after millenia, or 6 generations in hyperspace.

The objective right now was to get fitted and equipped for the long mission ahead, you remember what you had been through to get here.

Every generation, people were selected to learn the skills necessary to scout out the region outside of hyperspace, even if each ship in the colony had its own culture and teaching techniques.

What was strange about it all was what the colony’s head Elder had to say before sending you all off.

“You may wonder why you were chosen, and that is because you are all the most suited for this task… You may not have been the best on your ship, or been part of the program long, but what you can offer is invaluable either way. I truly and dearly hope you are successful.”

What had he meant by “most suited?” it looks like you’ll just need to find out…

Alright, this is a game using a system called Battle Century G, a mecha game. I'm reflavoring it to suit my needs, so you can ignore setting text unless the terminology is difficult to understand, but it's unchanged besides that.

Also, there is now Errata that you should refer to when making your characters and mecha, which can be found in this post:

devilmaydry posted:

OH right, the Battle Century G writer has a blog and has posted two things that'll be of interest to you guys, it's Erratta though...

Anyway, the two bits of erratta available are for energy weapons and just general rules changes

Sorry about springing this on you, but I only found these recently, and they do change the game a fair bit so including them will be important.

So, some guidelines:

1) The Colony in hyperspace you were all a part of originally is made up of a large conglomerate of capital ships, each of which has developed its own culture and principles, so don’t be afraid of diversifying with having a school kid in the same party as a grizzled soldier or a star knight or whatever.

2) While you can be a soldier or whatever, the society you were a part of was rather peaceful in the grand scale of things, most of your issues were either first world problems or made you an exception rather than the rule. For example, there hasn't been straight-up war in the colonies.

3) While your character may or may not be familiar with piloting giant humanoid machines, they will be a good pilot and their machines will be a perfect match for keeping them alive. Whether that means the robot has a built in AI that fights while the pilot is in the cockpit, the mecha is controlled by thought alone, or anything else, is up to you.

4) Each of you start off with both a free Miracle skill of your choice(you can even make one up if I ok it) and one specialization for that Miracle skill, although you won't have access to either at the beginning of the game. The catch is two-fold, the specialization has to be inconspicuous to the normal person and the Miracle skill itself cannot be used unless you’re in an area filled with Radical Energy or Great Matter, or you spend a Genre Point to over-exert yourself.

On the other hand, the Miracle Skill will allow you to hurt mecha while not in your own mecha, and if you’re doing that you can use your mecha’s stats instead of your own.

5) You won’t start out with your mecha, you’ll be gaining your giant robots as well as a few other things shortly after play begins, make them anyway to save time and all that.

6) Besides all that, you’re all starting at Power Level 1.
_______________________________________________________________________________________--

Some of the things that influenced my idea for this was Eureka 7, Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn, and Evangelion if you want something to put you into the mood I’m going for.

:siren:Recruitment will end in 2 weeks on the 6th of April!:siren:

Edit: Moved the "not starting with a mecha to Guidelines so it's easier to see

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Yeah, alright, I'll give this a look.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
ME ARE PILOT

FIGHT ROBOT TO PUNCH

UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(edit: claim staked)

Bitchtits McGee fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 24, 2014

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Count me.

Tomorrow.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tomorrow as well.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
I can't resist giant robot games as you well know. Tomorrow though...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Doctor Marcos Velásquez the Tenth.

The genetically enhanced child of a long line of scientists, Marcos can claim direct descendancy to one of the first researchers who discovered the uses of Great Matter. The founder of the Velásquez clan, Marcos the First, quickly used that fame to gain sovereignty over his own Capital ship, the Luna Negra, who became a giant university-ship to be ruled by his descendants. Many of the Empire's greatest scientific advances come from that colony's inhabitants, and a great part of them come from the Velásquez clan, who started an eugenic cloning program that created a clone of their founder every generation for the next five hundred years.

The tenth clone of Marcos Velásquez is an aloof introvert who nevertheless inherited the genius of his predecessors, although with an attitude that alienated him from the other citizens of the Luna Negra. Yet his natural aptitude for mechanics and the mech technology that he developed made him an obvious candidate for his ship's representative for the outer space exploration, and Marcos himself volunteered as a way to test the tech of his self-developed mecha and to explore and examine the post-Hyperspace universe with his own eyes and hands.

And in any case, if he dies, there can always be an eleventh...

Attributes
Fit 2 Int 6 Chr 1 Awr 6 Wlp 3 Rsr 4

Skills

Electronics (Generalist), Sciences (Generalist), Medicine (Diagnostic)

Miracle Skill

Electricity (Tuning)

Traits

Make Do, Genius, Gamer (Super Gear Wars), Jaded

Genre
Reason: Empiricism. (Unexplored country... The perfect place to conduct experiments!)
Typecast: The Mad Scientist. (Wait, who are you calling mad?)
Bane: Self-absorbed. (I don't really care about you and what you are doing. Now excuse me, I got some important work to do.)

Genre Powers:
Six Methodologies.
You are going down.

Spider Queen

Attributes

Mgt: 2 Grd: 6 Thr: 4 Enr: 4 Sys: 5 Spd: 1

Upgrades

Interference Bomb, Gravity Territory, Jury-Rig, Ensnaring Trap, Airstrike, Re-supply.

Weapons

CQC
Superheavy Machinegun

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 6, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Sgt. Clarke Irmgarde

"Look alive, ladies, your favorite person in the whole wide world is here. Now sit down, shut up, and pay attention. I'm only gonna explain this once."

Like all residents of the Peregrine, Sgt. Irmgarde has been raised in an environment modeled after the militaries of old. Weakness, fear, and the ability to socialize with normal people were beaten out of her at a young age. Even among the residents of the Peregrine, she is recognized for her prowess in combat, and her ability to motivate otherwise to commit violence. It is for this reason that this council officially believes that Sgt. Irmgarde is the most suitable candidate to be sent far, far away from everyone else, where the chaos and discord she causes might be put towards constructive purposes. As a final side note, Sgt. Irmgarde has put in an abormally large number of requests for replacement equipment of all types. It is believed to be because of undue stress and improper handling on the Sergeant's part, a%d not, aS she c1aims, due t0 "greMMlins" i*n_ the mAAA$A4cch

SYSTEM ERROR

pre:
Sgt. Clarke Irmgarde
Power Level: 1
Genre Points: 1
Character Points: 30 (0 Unspent)

Defense: 9
Plot Armor: 5/5, 5/5, 5/5

Fitness:   5
Intellect: 2
Charm:     4
Awareness: 3
Willpower: 5
Resources: 4

Skills:
Athletics
Combat
Diplomacy
    Intimidation
Presence

Miracle Skills:
Electricity
    Frying Electronics

Traits:
Anomaly:
    Technobane - Once per Episode you may disable any modern piece of machinery or
    electronics no larger than yourself in your presence, causing it to malfunction or
    outright breaking it for the duration of a Scene. All Tests using the Electronics 
    or Vehicles Skills, or those involving Equipment Traits are at a Disadvantage.
Common Sense:
    Once per Episode the GM may discreetly inform you that you are about to act on an 
    idea that is not very well thought-out or give you a clue as to where you should 
    go next if you are stumped for ideas.
Death Blow:
    Finishing Blow - If your Offensive Test would force the Enemy to Test Willpower 
    in order to avoid defeat, they suffer a Disadvantage to said Test for each Layer of 
    Plot Armor they’ve lost.
Jaded: 
    Once per Episode, you may turn a Failure at a Willpower Test made to resist being 
    frightened or repulsed into a Success.
Leadership:
    You may Test Charm and Presence once per Episode to grant a number of other Characters
    up to your Power Level an Advantage to all Tests until the end of the current Scene, 
    plus another for each multiple of 10 you meet with the Test. Multiple uses of Leadership 
    by different Characters will not stack together, only the highest result will be used.

Genre:
Reason: Duty - "I won't pretend to understand all this 'Radical Energy' poo poo. All I know 
    is that if we get this done, then we can go back to Earth. That's good enough for me."
Typecast: Hardass - "Yeah, I hear what they call me. Ask me how much I care. Go on, ask."
Bane: Abrasive - "Seems like the only time anyone ever listens is when you yell at them."

Genre Powers:
Knowledge is Power: Reaction - Choose one Enemy. You learn that Enemy’s Attributes, Upgrades,
    Weapons and Genre Powers.
Live Another Day: Reaction - You automatically retreat from the battlefield. This prevents 
    any Damage that would have been dealt to you if used as a response to an attack.
Mid-Scene Upgrade: Reaction - Gain a new Upgrade or Weapon, you must pay the cost at the 
    earliest opportunity after the Operation ends, setting aside your current MP for a 
    later purchase if necessary. If you would not be able to make the purchase in the 
    future, for whichever reason, the GM may rule that you cannot gain that Upgrade or Weapon.
Not so Fast: Reaction - Force an Enemy's Might Test against an Ally of yours to be rerolled 
    inflicting it with two Disadvantages, keeping the new result. This may not be used
    on Tests that attack you, even if you are just one of multiple targets. You can use 
    this Power once per Test.
Synchro Attack: Setup - Choose at least one willing Ally to make a combination attack with, 
    increase the result of your next Might Test by 5 Test for each Ally that helps you 
    out this way. This uses up an Action and a Genre Point from every other participant 
    and everyone must Delay their Actions until they can actually attack at the same time. 
    Units may participate in one Synchro Attack per Operation.
Try Again: Reaction - Reroll one of your Might Tests gaining an Advantage to it, keeping the
    new result. You can use this Power once per Test.
You Can Do Better Than That Reaction - Your or an Ally's next attack is an automatic hit,
    with Damage equal to the current Tension.
The Decurion

Sgt. Irmgarde has always preferred to lead from the front, and her machine is an extension of that desire. Built with the intention of making it as hard to keep down as its pilot is, the Decurion is a heavily-armored close-combat mecha that specializes in closing the distance to the most threatening enemy, and tearing it apart. In the unlikely circumstance that one or two solid blows from its mighty fists aren't enough to bring an opponent down, it can also use its arm-mounted railguns, or a chest array of poorly-aimed heavy weaponry. Despite all attempts to convince her of the unwiseness of it, Sgt. Irmgarde has also taken to simply grappling opponents and headbutting them into submission.

pre:
The Decurion
Mecha Points: 30 (0 unspent)

Defense: 11
Threshold: 6/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6
Energy: 4/4

Might:      4
Guard:      6
Threshold:  6
Energy:     4
Systems:    2
Speed:      4

Upgrades:
Internalized Suppression: Core -  You may use your Weapons even if the Area they were 
    allocated to has been Maimed. [Integrated Weapons]
Laser Air Removal: Torso - In response to the results of an Enemy Might Test against 
    you using a Beam Weapon, you may spend 1 Energy to increase your Guard by 3 against 
    it, and if that is enough to block all the Damage you would have taken from the Might
    Test it costs no Energy instead. [Absorbing Armor (Beam)]
Sprint Mobility: Legs - At the beginning of your Turn, you may spend 1 Energy to Move
    up to 3 extra Zones with your next Action this Round, or 2 Energy Move up to 5 extra 
    Zones instead. [Over-Booster]

Weapons:
Burnin' Ring Of Firepower: Shooting, Torso - Technique. After attacking an Enemy with this 
    Weapon, you lose the benefit of Tension to all further Might Tests against them for 
    the rest of the Operation with all Weapons, not just Techniques. [Missile Massacre]
Krav Mecha: Melee, Head - This Weapon deals 1 extra Damage against an enemy you are in a
    Duel with, but suffers a Disadvantage the rest of the time. [Dueling Blade]
Newton's Fist Law: Melee, Arms - If you charge at an Enemy in a straight line, this Weapon 
    gains a bonus to its Might Test equal to half the Zones you Move during the same 
    Offensive Action, and you may make use of the Duel advantage. Additionally, you 
    may spend 1 Energy after the attack itself to continue going in the same direction 
    if you have any remaining Zones of movement left. This extra Movement does increase 
    your Might. [Booster Lance]
Run Out On A Railgun: Shooting, Arms - This Weapon attacks all Zones within Range
    in a straight line aimed in a direction of your choice. [Riot Weapon]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 26, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Sony Nezal

Unlike the other ships in the fleet, the Osprey did not send its best and brightest to the scouting party of the Sol System. Those were reserved for the prestigious school on the ship that produced great thinkers and leaders. No, the Osprey sent the dregs of its society, and one of those was Sony. Born of a Engineering worker with an unknown father, he grew up on the lower decks, causing trouble with every turn. If there was a fault in the ship's systems, it was a fair bet that he had something to do with it. A programmed electrical fire, an insane AI, a drone flying away and never returning. He spent the majority of his childhood in juvy, learning from the long time criminals how to cheat the system, and when he wasn't there his mother taught him all she could about the engineering she learned working for the ship, which she hoped would lead to Sony becoming a worthwhile member of the community.

What resulted in such an upbringing was a strange young man, who was able to fix even the more complex machines and yet still cause trouble with authority. After a series of minor pranks, and an exploding Hydroponics bay, Sony was sentenced to 10 years brig time, which was cut short by the call for "volunteers" for this scouting mission after only six months. He was the first to speak up among the prisoners in the brig, and the first to leave, with the condition that he would not be welcomed back to the Osprey no matter what the result of the mission.

quote:

Sony Nezal
Character Points: 0
Defense: 7
Plot Armor: 4/4/4

Fitness: 4
Intellect: 5
Charm: 6
Awareness: 2
Willpower: 4
Resources: 1

Skills:
Deception: The art of bluffing, encompassing fast-talk, convincing lies, and a fair degree of acting skill. Note that putting up an act that doesn’t actually do anything but get other people’s attention is the domain of the Presence skill instead. Deception generally uses Charm, though Intellect can apply in the case of more technically elaborate and impersonal scams such as forgery.
-Bluffing
Vehicles: This Skill is for operating all sorts of vehicles that aren’t giant robots. Not only can you sail, fly or drive, but may also perform maintenance on your machines. Vehicles depends on Fitness when you are operating the machines to move around, and Intellect when you are working in your garage or equivalent.
-Mechanics
Electronics: This Skill distinguishes those who know how to use electronic gadgets of all sorts.You may use Electronics as a replacement for other Skills when a computer could do all the work for you. This will almost always take more time than if you did so yourself, though. Unless you’re using electronic equipment to communicate with someone else - in which case you would Test Charm - Electronics is an Intellect based Skill.

Miracle Skills:
Probing: The most basic use of this Miracle is reading the minds of people and communicating with them telepathically. But it can also manipulate others with the art of suggestion, playing the role of the whispering devil sitting on their shoulder. You must have line of sight with the subject.
-Spreading Mistrust

Traits:
Make Do: You may negate up to one Disadvantage from Tests using improper tools or no tools at all.
Common Sense: Once per Episode the GM may discreetly inform you that you are about to act on an idea that is not very well thought-out or give you a clue as to where you should go next if you are stumped for ideas. You should probably pay attention when they do that.
Hard Work and Guts: Once per Episode you may choose to ignore any and all Disadvantages you would suffer for a single Test.

Genre:
Reason: Curiosity - Just because he knows how to take something apart and put it back together doesn't mean he doesn't want to know how to make it explode later.
Typecast: Fixer - He can fix anything and everything, its just a matter of how much you trust him.
Bane: Authority - Sony isn't to fond of leaders, or those who try to impose their will on others.

Genre Powers:
Default 6
Come at me Bro - Effect: For the next Round, when an Enemy makes an Offensive Test against another Ally, you may Attack that individual Enemy once after their own Action has finished. If an Ally uses this Power while your own is active, the effects of their Power replace yours.

Ursus T-008 "Mammoth"

A beast of a machine, the Mammoth was designed for one thing, heavy sustained fire and explosions. With its combination of an oversized Gatling gun, a Rail Launcher that puts Artillery shells in a sort of that direction kind of fire, and a hand cannon that slices through armor, the Mammoth was not intended to be a precise strike force weapon. It was intended to rain death and sustained fire against multiple foes.

quote:

Ursus T-008 "Mammoth"
Threshold: 5/5/5/5

Might: 6
Guard: 2
Threshold: 5
Energy: 4
Systems: 4
Speed: 1

Upgrades:
Artillery Frame (Internal) - All your Blast Weapons gain an Advantage to their Might Tests and you increase their area of effect by another 2 Zones from the target, to a 5 Zone radius.
Over-Booster Legs - At the beginning of your Turn, you may spend 1 Energy to Move up to 3 extra Zones with your next Action this Round, or 2 Energy Move up to 5 extra Zones instead.
Jury-Rig Torso - As an Utility Action, you may spend any amount of Energy to restore that much Threshold to yourself or to any one Ally within 1 Zone.

Wespons
Charge Cannon Right Arm (Arms) - Effect: Beam (2). If you take the Aim Action with this Weapon before firing it gains the Blast ability.
Rail Bazooka Shoulder (Head) - Effect: Long-Range, Blast, Slow.
Superheavy Machine Gun Left Arm (Arms) - Effect: Blast, Unreliable. This Weapon inflicts an additional Disadvantage when using the Suppress Action but you may not Move as part of your Actions when using it.

edit: added in an additional 30 CP and MP because I'm an idiot and misread the book.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 25, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Aw hell yeah, Mustache Ride is here! :toot:

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Hell yeah giant robots. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but PL1 means 30 more character and mecha points, by how I'm reading the PDF. Basically you have the default 30, plus 30 times your Power Level (which is 0 by default, but presently set to 1 by the GM).

Pilot:

"There's nothing to worry about if we work together! No evil can stand before the power of our friendship!"

Name: Ryo Kogane

Character Points: 0

Attributes:

Awareness: 5

Willpower: 6

Charm: 4

Intellect: 2

Derived Stats:

Defense: 10

Plot Armor: 6/6/6

Skills: Athletics (Specialist: Track & Field), Combat (Specialist: Fisticuffs), Presence (Specialist: Speeches), Diplomacy (Generalist)

Traits: Spirit of Steel, Danger Instinct, Hard Work and Guts, Attractive

Miracle: Phantasm (Specialty: Kickass Special Effects)

Genre:

Reason: Justice! (Ryo is a heroic defender of love and justice, at least in his own mind)

Typecast: Zeal (He's the high-energy guy that exasperates people, but manages to provide a bit of hope in bad situations)

Bane: Deluded (He's not entirely clear on just how not-invincible he is, and that was before they gave him a giant robot)

Genre Powers:
Default Six
My Style is Impetuous (Once per episode, automatically succeed at an attack by a margin equal to the Tension level)

Mech:

"'Gawaine! Rise and unsheathe thine blade, that it may taste the blood of the wicked!' ...Hm, no, too dramatic, and a little scary, let's try something else. 'Unseathe thine blade, that you may defend the innocent! Iron Knight Gawaine!' Now we're onto something!"

Name: SRO-005 "Gawaine"

Leftover Mech Points: 0

Attributes:

Might: 5

Guard: 5

Threshold: 4

Energy: 5

Systems: 0

Speed: 5

Derived Stats:

Defense: 10

Damage: 4/4/4/4

Upgrades: Weapon Master (Melee), Invincible Alloy

Weapons: Twin Blades (on Arms, reskinned Arm Guardian, the smaller blade aids in parrying), Combined Blade (on Arms, reskinned Chainblade, the two swords can be put together to make a single big sword that's really good at cutting dudes up), Blade Kick (on Legs, reskinned Boosted Lance, throws the sword into an enemy and follows through with a flying jump kick, forcing the sword through the foe), Overhead Cleave (on Arms, reskinned Zweihander, uses the combined sword for a single massive strike that's more reliable than normal attacks with it, but telegraphs like whoa).

Backstory:

Ryo grew up on a ship that tried to maintain a semblance of normal life for its citizens. Much of the ship's culture was based on old human culture, particularly the twentieth through twenty-fifth centuries. While the technology available to citizens wasn't as fantastic as on other ships, they enjoyed a more carefree existence, enjoying the robust popular culture and far simpler lives than the ships that embraced more transhuman ideals. Ryo himself was weaned on a steady diet of superhero comics, anime, and video games, until he was convinced that he was destined for more than the boring, if safe, life of a civilian. When offered the chance to participate in possible recolonization efforts, he jumped at the opportunity to return life and civilization to the galaxy. He's a little overeager, and more than a little hazy on the separation of fantasy and reality, but he has a strong moral fiber and boundless determination, not to mention the devil's own luck. He's in his early twenties now, and has developed his eccentricities into a talent for giving inspiring speeches, though they're generally better at enamoring the more impressionable cadets than imparting battle tactics. The prospect of actually leaving the colony to explore the unknown and help those in need, either at home or abroad, makes Ryo practically giddy with excitement.

The SRO-005, codenamed "Gawaine" is an exercise in combat economics. Using just a single weapon, a large sword that can divide into a pair of smaller swords, the designers worked tirelessly to develop an array of combat options for the mech. The smaller blade is optimized for blocking, allowing for a dual-wielding style that is highly defensive. Together, the blade has the heft and size to cut clean through many foes, while the blade's structure is reinforced so that it can be used in unconventional fashions as the situation requires. The Gawaine itself is designed to excel in melee combat, and built from extremely durable materials to counteract the risks involved in getting so close to an opponent. The mech's abilities are well-rounded in speed, power, and defense, with plenty of energy to power its subsystems. It's not as sturdy as it could be, but the designers are confident that over time, they'll be able to fix that slight problem. As it is, the scientists in charge of development for the Gawaine have heard of a brash young candidate who would be perfect to pilot it...

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 26, 2014

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

Hell yeah giant robots. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but PL1 means 30 more character and mecha points, by how I'm reading the PDF. Basically you have the default 30, plus 30 times your Power Level (which is 0 by default, but presently set to 1 by the GM).

Yes, although the default for PCs is PL1.

PL0 is reserved for special kinds of games and npc generation and such, which is explained in the gray box on the bottom of the Power Level page.

So yeah, everyone has 60 CP and MP(Not counting the attribute generation stuff).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

EclecticTastes posted:

Weapons (all on Arms):
I just wanna chime in and say that this is a spectacularly bad idea without Integrated Weapons. You really should either spread them out, or spend the 10 MP to make sure you don't lose all your weapons as soon as someone else gets to choose what zone to maim.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

EclecticTastes DOES have Invincible Alloy, so he could tough it out if he doesn't use Energy for much, and his build is low on energy consumption so it works.

It would limit future prospects of higher energy consumption if you just stick to arm weapons, though.

Edit: It would also be bad if there was an enemy that screwed with Energy.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 24, 2014

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Oh hey, my first quote is not edit!

:negative:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"OMG, is that an XA4-09? That's the latest model!"

Name: Eileen Yamamoto

Eileen has always been enraptured by mecha, dedicating her life to learning as much about them as she can and indulging in fiction featuring the machines. Though she enjoys the life of peace the ship provides, in her heart, she's always wanted to pilot a mecha into battle, and often plays simulators to emulate the experience. This passion has translated to a fulfilling job as an electronics repairwoman, which is the closest she can get to working on her own giant robot.

Until now.

GP: 1

CP: 0

Attributes:
Intellect: 6
Charm: 4
Awareness: 5
Willpower: 2

Skills:
Investigation (Generalist), Presence (Specialist: Technobabble), Electronics (Generalist)

Miracle Skills:
Force (Specialist: Levitation)

Traits:

Genius (Substitute one attribute with Intelligence once an episode.)
Gamer (Specialist: Flight simulators) (Gain an advantage when your hobby is beneficial.)
Superior Immune System (All Willpower tests against drugs and disease are at an advantage.)
Living Database (If the character can reasonably remember something the player does not know, the GM should refresh their memory)

Genre:
Reason: Thrillseeker (She's in it for the fun of it all, and what fun it is.)
Typecast: The Brains (She's the smart one, a bona fide mecha expert.)
Bane: ADD (She gets easily distracted when it comes to mecha she hasn't seen before.)

Genre Powers:
Default Six
Got You Where I Wanted (Once per offensive action, after dealing damage to an enemy with Might, slide the enemy a number of zones equal to half the damage)

Mecha

XGP-Tomino

Now that Eileen has her own mech, she couldn't be happier. A lean speed machine, this beauty has been modified by Eileen for maximum mobility while providing valuable support.

Attributes:
Might: 4
Threshold: 1
Systems: 5
Speed: 6

Upgrades:
Over-Booster
Reversible Thruster
Resupply
Reactive Booster
Anti-Gravity
Slippery Chassis

Weapons:
Powered Rifle
Assault Rifle

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 26, 2014

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Yuka Mori

HAIM - Falling

"Watch yourself out there. I don't want to lose any of you."

quote:

CP: 2

Attributes

Fitness: 1
Intellect: 3
Charm: 6
Awareness: 4
Willpower: 4
Resources: 5

Derived Stats:
Defense: 8
Plot Armor: 4/4/4

Skills:
Presence (Motivation)
Diplomacy
Survival

Miracle Powers:
Providence: Blessings

Traits:
Danger Instinct
Hard Work and Guts
Leadership
Anomaly: Undying

Genre:
Reason: Dependence (I want a cause to fight for, and a family to love and protect.)
Typecast: Mother (Squaddies look up to me for advice, and not just about mecha.)
Bane: Attachment (I love everyone around me. I won't let them fight my battles.)

Genre Powers:
(Default Six)
Don’t Give Up (Restore the current Threshold Level of yourself or an Ally to full. You can use this Power once per Operation.)

RK-90 Model Tri-C

THE C STANDS FOR CERAS. THE RK STANDS FOR QUALITY!

quote:

Attributes:
Might: 4
Threshold: 4
Energy: 3
Speed: 6

Derived Stats:
Threshold: 4/4/4/4

Upgrades:
The Beast - Core (Grants an Advantage to the use of Default Weapons per each Level of Threshold missing, but also ignores Active Defenses.)
Over-Booster - Torso
Resupply - Arms
Reactive Booster - Legs
Overcharge

Weapons:
Boosted Lance "Triceras Charge" - Head
Assault Rifle - Left Arm (Can choose Areas Maimed when fired.)

Backstory

Yuka Mori is one of a handful of survivors from a catastrophic failure of her home ship's systems. An EMP from a nearby skirmish disabled the majority of its systems and emergency power was sparse at best, leaving most of the colonists to fend for themselves. Yuka was left in an escape pod by her parents who suffocated hours later. Yuka was picked up a few days later by another ship intercepting the pod's path.

Yuka spent the next 34 years normalizing herself, marrying her future ex-husband and having two children she's no longer allowed to see. The divorce came about from a question of her mental wellness with regards to the past incident leaving its mark on her sense of self-preservation. Indeed, she was too loving to her children to be considered fit to care for them.

A few months after her second loss, she accepted the call to fight. She was going to make the force her family, parent rookies and look up to commanding officers. It may not be stable, but it's all she's got.

Mecha Design

Red Kross-90 is meant to be a support unit, offering a simple rifle and a specialized cargo slot capable of holding anything smaller than a train car. It can also run fast and avoid fire to quickly offer resupply and skip back behind the front line.

This is all before a reckless engineer put its chargers to use, strapping horns on the head and turning it into a veritable battering ram. One only wonders why Red Kross picked up the Tri-Ceras modification for limited production, and why in god's name Yuka picked this specific model.

4/30: Having earned 6 CP, increased Awareness from 3 to 4.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 30, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Yi Ersan, Master of the Steel Fist Path

Attributes:
Fitness: 6
Intellect: 4
Charm: 2

Skills
Athletics (Generalist), Combat (Generalist), Craftsmanship (Calligraphy), Finesse (Balance), Medicine (Pressure Points)

Miracle Skills:
Somatics (Crippling and Weakening) THE DIM MECH

Traits
Danger Instinct, Hard Work and Guts, Forbidden Secret Art

Genre:
Reason: Pride (They have trained in these skills for years... now comes a time to test them.)
Typecast: The Fist (Yi isn't much of a leader, or a follower- but give them an enemy and an audience and watch them shine. And watch your enemies fall.)
Bane: Hubris (Pride cometh before a fall. And Yi likes to stand awfully high...)

Genre Powers
6 Known Ways
Signature Weapon (infinite blade CHI POWER)

Fēihóng Lì (绯红力)

1MP
Might: 8
Guard: 4
Threshold: 3
Energy: 6
Systems: 1
Speed: 4

Upgrades
Custom Defense (Shooting) [Torso], Slippery Chassis (head)

Weapons:
Tanden Engine [Extending Blade (Boosted)] (arms)
Water-Flow Defense [Arm Guardian] (Torso)
Ghost Flame Kick [Radiant Fist (Boosted)] (legs)

Backstory

Yi Ersan is the impetuous final scion of the otherwise extinct Steel Fist Path, whose practitioners eschewed all else in the pursuit of martial excellence, both on foot and in mech. Not being of much use during the long times of peace, and increasingly seen as quaint and out of touch with the times, the Path slowly died out, leaving only Yi Ersan's family. In a way, this was lucky; their now unique skills lead to them being prioritized as colony members. In case of trouble.

The death of Yi Ersan's parents during a random accident (hull breach by micro meteoroid; could have been anyone) threw them down a path of pride and obsession unparalleled. Training exclusively in the path, they gave up gender, friendship, and even name, Yi Ersan being a sort of quiet joke. The one thing they held on to through everything was pride. Pride in themselves, pride in their heritage, pride in the ability. Pride is now the last Steel Fist's sword and shield, and they, being called, intend to use it to make the world remember why warriors exist.

Mecha Design

Matched to its Master, the Fēihóng Lì is the undisputed ruler of the powerful inner force of the Steel Fist. Despite having no ranged weapons, it can engage with its power Tanden Engine blasts from any range. When the opponent is weakened, nothing can stop the devastating power of its Ghost Flame Kick from burning away the defeated. The confusing and rapid footwork makes it hard to catch and even harder to hit. Yi often goads foes into engaging, then dances right past them to nail their unsuspecting backup in the face.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 13, 2014

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

devilmaydry posted:

EclecticTastes DOES have Invincible Alloy, so he could tough it out if he doesn't use Energy for much, and his build is low on energy consumption so it works.

It would limit future prospects of higher energy consumption if you just stick to arm weapons, though.

Edit: It would also be bad if there was an enemy that screwed with Energy.

I'll probably be relying on that until I get enough experience to add Integrated Weapons, but I'll probably be working with arm weapons more than anything, since all of my weapons are "different way to use the same weapon", because EFFICIENT DESIGN. That being said, I can think of one thing to change, though it ups my "ripping directly from Gun X Sword" level a bit...

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Oh man, I love giant robots so goddamn much. I'm gonna read through the rulebook, and within the next few days should have a character up!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Sir Llywelyn Ddewr ap Merfyn

Attributes
Fitness 4
Intellect 2
Charm 6
Awareness 3
Willpower 4
Resources 4

Skills
Athletics (Generalist), Combat (Generalist), Diplomacy (Generalist), Presence (Generalist)

Miracle Skill
Providence (Blessings)

Traits
Attractive, Leadership

Genre
Reason: Duty (Llywelyn follows his Code no matter the cost)
Typecast: The Paladin (He is heroic leader and warrior, though sometimes inflexible)
Bane: Honor (Following his code often means taking the harder path)

Genre Powers
6 Classical Orders
Defender of Justice (Take One for the Team)

Marchog Crwydr

Attributes
Might 5
Guard 4
Threshold 4
Energy 5
Systems 0
Speed 5

Upgrades
Aegis of Defense (Stealth Field) [Core]
Gravity Territory [Torso]
Invincible Alloy [Core]
Over-Booster [Legs]

Weapons
Boosted Lance [Arms]

Backstory
As the Day of Arrival approached, the ships of the fleet began to choose their representatives in their disparate ways. Among the Council of Crowns, that alliance of NeoFeudal ships, the method was obvious - a grand tournament. Sir Llywelyn Ddewr ap Merfyn, second child of Count Rhos, brother of the Queen of the Gwynedd, became his people's champion. Trained from before he could walk to follow the NeoChivalric Code, to defend those in need and to display courage and refinement in all things, to lead soldiers in battle, and to pilot a Gear. In all these things, Llywelyn excelled. The Grand Tournament tested all facets of the Code, and while Llywelyn did not win every Contest, he placed highly in all. The Master of the Tournament named him Champion, and put him in command of the Fellowship of other winners that the Council sent to support the quest.

At which point the proud, insular culture of the Council ran headlong into reality. The Fellowship was broken up - this was a mission, not some romantic story. Several ended up going back to the Council, and the others shuffled off to tasks more suited to their talents. Sir Llywelyn Ddewr ap Merfyn remained, a stranger in a strange land who kept to his Code and hoped to inspire those around him to do better. He was popular among the upper classes, though still seen as strange. For whatever reason, the leadership of the program decided his talents outweighed the cultural difficulties. Now he has to find a way to integrate into a team with profoundly different beliefs and expectations - and to keep them alive.

Mecha Design
A knight charges into battle. A knight is the shield of his allies. Meeting both of these ideals is difficult to manage in one Gear design, but the Marchog Crwydr comes close. Covered in thick armor, packed with powerful defensive equipment, built from the frame up out of the strongest known alloys, it can stand toe-to-toe with the most powerful opponents. To get into reach of those opponents, the artificers built in a series of powerful thrusters and a massive booster. In combat, the pilot opens with a devastating charge, seeking to break the enemy line with the Marchog Crwydr's massive lance. Once this is done, it hunkers down and holds the enemy, an impregnable citadel in the midst of the melee.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 31, 2014

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Here is my complete character sheet.

William Leore

Background:
Every ship had their own method of deciding who would be selected to be sent out far from the Colony Ships and once again explore real space. For the ship of Horizon it was done with a weighted lottery system that should have meant that one of the best soldiers on the ship would be given the honour of helping to establish a foothold into real space, however in a strange turn of fate it the recent recruit William Leore who was picked. Though William was eager for the chance to serve the council had a different view on the matter as the idea of sending a new recruit unto a mission of the utmost importance was not something that they approved of. So in attempt to break William they put him through countless hellish training regimes in the hope that he would eventually give up. However William turned out to be made out of sterner stuff then they expected and after the 12th such failure to make him drop the realised that this situation had actually turned to their own advantage as it was clear that thanks to the intense training he was put through had the skills needed to be an effective warrior which matched with his enthusiasm and willpower would allow him to hopefully overcome any issue through sheer bullheadedness. So after a few months of actual training William was given his assignment and after vowing to win honour for his family he left the Colony Ship for first and in the view of the council hopefully the last time.

Attributes:
Fitness: 5 (15)
Intellect: 2 (3)
Charm: 3 (6)
Awareness: 4 (10)
Willpower: 6 (21)
Resources: 2 (3)
Total 58
Skills
Athletics (Generalist), Combat (Generalist), Vehicles (Generalist)

Miracle Skills:
Force: Telekinetic Strikes

Traits
Hard Work and Guts, Spirit of Steel

Genre:
Reason: Family Honour ("I will live up the legacy of my forefathers.")
Typecast: Rookie ("I know I am new to all this but I will prove to everybody that I deserve to be here.")
Bane: Bullheadedness ("Yes the last five times I tried it ended badly and I did almost get decapitated in that last attempt but surely just doing it one more time will work perfectly.")

Genre Powers
Take One for the Team

Vanguard

Vanguard was designed to be a line breaker. A mech that could smash into any opposition and draw enough attention to itself that all attention would fall on it rather then the rest of the squad and in this regard the engineers succeeded. With thick armour platting combined with advanced materials taking Vanguard down is a challenge for all but the most powerful mech whilst the fearsome main weapon (an axe that is at least 1.25 times the size of it) will smash apart anything foolish enough to get in it's way, and when combined with the massive sponsor guns that unleash a veritable storm of lead at anything that is unlucky to stand in front of the behemoth makes it a very dangerous foe to contend with. Of course too achieve this power many safety features had to be removed meaning that Vanguard can end up inflicting almost as much damage on itself as it does on the opposition but in the hands of a foolhardy pilot who gives little thought to such petty concerns as survival this mechanical beast can truly live up to its destructive potential.

MP=58/60

Might: 6 (21)
Guard: 5 (15)
Threshold: 6 (21)
Energy: 4 (10)
Systems: 0 (0)
Speed: 3 (6)
60+13MP
Upgrades,
Integrated Weapons
Invincible Alloy
Over-Booster
Weapons:
Chain Weapon: Arms
Radiant Fist: Arms (integrated with the Chain Weapon)
Superheavy Machinegun: Arms

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 27, 2014

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

pre:
Name: Fra Gérard, la garde du pèlerin
Power Level: 1
Character points: 60 (0 Unspent)

Attributes:
Fitness: 6
Intellect: 4
Charm: 2
[60/60 Spent]

Defense: 9
Plot Armor: 5/5, 5/5, 5/5

Skills:
Athletics (Generalist) [10]
Combat (Generalist) [10]
Medicine (First Aid) [5]
	Combat Medic [Specialized]
Survival [5]
	Navigation [Specialized]

Miracle Skills:
Somatics [10]
	Physical Boosts: Willpower Help Test that boosts your next Fitness Test without using an Action.

Traits:
Intimidating [5]: Attempts to make people afraid of you (generally 
with the Diplomacy or Deception Skills) are at Advantage.
Danger Instinct [5]: You gain an Advantage to Awareness Tests made 
to Contest someone else's use of the Deception or Stealth Skills.
Make Do [5]: You may negate up to one Disadvantage from Tests 
using improper tools or no tools at all.
Snipe Shot [5]: You may strike at an Enemy up to one Zone away 
from yours with this Offensive Test.

Anomaly:
Cyborg [0]: You are immune to damage from of vacuums, and 
most toxins or illnesses. plus you do not need to eat or 
sleep - though doing so does helps you keep your sanity. 
You suffer a Disadvantage to the use of Charm with any 
Test, as well as to any Awareness Test made to contest 
Diplomacy or Deceit.
[60 CP Spent]

Genre Powers:
Default 6
Sniping the Targets: Gain an Advantage to your next Might Test using a 
Shooting Weapon. Increase the maximum Range of that 
Weapon by 10 for your next Offensive Action. You can use 
this Power once per Offensive Action.

Reason: Faith. It's a return to the Promised Land after the wandering in the desert.
Typecast: Re-learning the ropes. Gerard is trying to remember what it means to be human.
Bane: Self-loathing.

pre:
Name: SAGT-2S, "Sagittarius"
Attributes:
Might: 6
Threshold: 5
Speed: 1
[60/60 Spent]

Threshold: 5/5, 5/5, 5/5, 5/5

Upgrades:
Weapon Master (Ranged) [20]: You gain an Advantage to all Might Tests
made using the chosen Weapon Type. Additionally, you
may spend 5 Energy after a Might Test made with the cho-
sen Weapon Type to make your current attack immune to
the effects of Active Defenses.
Jury-Rig [10]: As an Utility Action, you may spend any amount of 
Energy to restore that much Threshold to yourself or to any 
one Ally within 1 Zone.
Custom Defense (Non-beam, melee) [5]: In response to the results
of an Enemy Might Test against you using a Weapon
of the chosen type, you may spend 1 Energy to increase
your Guard by 3 against it, or 2 Energy to increase your
Guard by 5 against it instead.

Weapons:
Arm Guardian, Torso [5]: Passing the Might Test with this Weapon increases 
your Guard by 3 against any Might Tests from the Enemy 
you just attacked for a Round.
Dueling Blade, Arms[5]: Deals 1 bonus damage against the Enemy you are dueling with.
Assault Rifle, Legs [5]: Long-Range. Can choose areas that are Maimed.
Sniper Rifle, Arms [5]: Long-Range. This Weapon cannot be fired without
first taking the Aim Action with it, but gains a third Advan-
tage from doing so.
Powered Rifle (Boosted), Arms [5]: Beam (3), Long-Range, Slow.
[60/60 MP Spent]
about :
As long as there are pilgrims plying dangerous roads, there are the Knights of St. John. With a history stretching back uncounted years, they maintain their sovereign military nature. On board one of the few dedicated combat craft in the fleet, the Ad Hierosolymum, the Knights have helped guard the rest of the fleet returning to Earth, though not all be Christian. Gerard joined the Order as a full Knight of Justice when he was a young man, and quickly excelled at his work. But one day, while he tested an experimental energy Incinerator, the weapon backfired, horribly maiming Gerard in his cockpit. Though the Order was able to keep him alive, he was not left with much. They were forced to replace many of his internal organs and limbs, to the point where Gerard no longer finds it necessary to eat. Such a change has been... difficult for Gerard to adjust to. He finds it difficult to look others in the eye, and as he says his private Office he has crushed not a few rosaries unwittingly. But his combat efficiency has been undimmed, and he has been seen fit to once again take to piloting the great mechs that defend the fleet.

Sagittarius:
A sniper-model machine, meant to hang back and devastate the enemy with deadly and accurate fire far beyond their ability to hit back. Gerard's model has a prominent white Maltese Cross on the chest, to denote his vocation in the Order.

So, I had a bit of a hard time figuring out character creation, so if people could double-check to see I didn't do something totally wrong, that would be awesome. Also, I really have no idea what's mechanically effective for this, so any tips for making a good sniper-mech (and attendant cyborg pilot) would be appreciated!

Friar John fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 6, 2014

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

It looks like you built the character correctly to me. Although I will say that the colony ships entered Hyper Space not to help travel to earth, but to wait out all the horrible things they caused while using their ship to try and help the sol system and surrounding frontier systems reach a new(survivable) equilibrium.

It's all in the OP, you're basically all from a civilization that has fallen completely out of sync with time in order to guarantee its survival.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Mar 25, 2014

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Working on a robot that pilots a robot :toot:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Dorohedoro. Excellent. :respek:

Bitchtits McGee fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 6, 2014

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

devilmaydry posted:

It looks like you built the character correctly to me. Although I will say that the colony ships entered Hyper Space not to help travel to earth, but to wait out all the horrible things they caused while using their ship to try and help the sol system and surrounding frontier systems reach a new(survivable) equilibrium.

It's all in the OP, you're basically all from a civilization that has fallen completely out of sync with time in order to guarantee its survival.
Oh, hrm, well I think the main thrust of it still works, it's just a longer-term goal instead of "we're heading to Earth now".

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

OH right, the Battle Century G writer has a blog and has posted two things that'll be of interest to you guys, it's Erratta though...

Anyway, the two bits of erratta available are for energy weapons and just general rules changes

Sorry about springing this on you, but I only found these recently, and they do change the game a fair bit so including them will be important.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Hmmmm, I'm okay with that errata.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Yeah, I replaced the Lux Cannon with a Boosted Powered Rifle and a special defense against non-beam melee, just in case someone gets too close to the SAGT-2S.

Edit: Oh, Bitchtits, I think you spent 70 MP on your mechs attributes - 4*15(the 5s)=60 +10(the 4) = 70.

Friar John fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 26, 2014

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Friar John posted:

Edit: Oh, Bitchtits, I think you spent 70 MP on your mechs attributes - 4*15(the 5s)=60 +10(the 4) = 70.

Yeah, that's right. 60 points base for Mecha Attributes, 30 points base for Upgrades and Weapons, 30 points free-assignable for Power Level adjustment = everything adds up to 120. (That is right, isn't it?)

'Course, Beams are all different now, and there's apparently no Speed Miracle at all anymore, so I'm probably gonna have to rehaul her poo poo anyway once I get done reading these links in detail. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Alright, nothing major. Gotta make some tweaks, and may have to remove or change Krav Mecha, but it's all good.

Edit And done! Though I had to assume on some of the wording, since there's no actual new update just yet.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 26, 2014

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

I've made some adjustments to my sheet in response to the change to Dueling Blade and Chainblade, in that Chainblade is now awesome and Dueling Blade is less so. Also dropped Providence (nee Fortune) in favor of Phantasm with a specialty in looking :krad: because Providence is now just a boring Resources buff.

EDIT: I also swapped Leadership for Attractive, since a lot of other folks seem to want the Leadership trait and so I'll just focus on looking totally awesome.

MORE EDIT BECAUSE I KEEP MESSING WITH MY BUILD: I swapped my skills around to specialize in the things I actually intend to use my skills for (Ryo's not going to be doing much gunslinging or ninja climbing, for instance, he's a decent athlete by non-anime standards, but he can't do anything particularly amazing in that department), making room for Diplomacy.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 26, 2014

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

If you guys want to use the old version of providence or an original Miracle skill you made up that would better fit your character, just give your character that and a specialization of that miracle skill.

Then, explain the miracle skill in a quote box or something.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

devilmaydry posted:

If you guys want to use the old version of providence or an original Miracle skill you made up that would better fit your character, just give your character that and a specialization of that miracle skill.

Then, explain the miracle skill in a quote box or something.

Well, I also realized that Providence is the conscious manipulation of fate and luck, which is pretty much the opposite of what I was going for, anyway. So, pyrotechnics! All the better to impress the hell out of everybody with. :kamina:

Of course since I'm going for a more Nadesico-ish sort of thing, I expect it to work out less favorably than that.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
A BCG game? One I'm not heading? I never thought I'd see the day! There's no way I can let this one go without putting up a character.

EDIT: Application complete, see the first post of the second page.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 30, 2014

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So unless anybody notices something wrong with my character I should be finished with him.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I figured I'd make a (lovely)picture to show what the Sol System looked like BEFORE the colonies left the system for hyperspace.

It should be said that not ALL people ended up on colony ships, many hunkered down in bunkers on planets and such instead.

To explain a few things, the Great Gate is the portal formed by our collapsed sun that was used to mine Great Matter, it's become an epicenter of an insane amount of anomalies. Which was used to fuel expedition of the rest of the Sol System and make enough artificial suns and other things to make planetary colonization of inhospitable places possible. While the Great Gate became the epicenter for anomalies, they still wreaked havoc all over the system, or anywhere where Great Matter was utilized over a prolonged period of time.

The asteroid belt also had a large amount of space colonies within it.

Also, dwarf planets were moved from the Kuipar Belt into stationary positions to function as outposts for ships jumping to frontier systems using Great Matter. The Jump Gates used for this were shut down when the detrimental effects of great Matter showed themselves, however.

Right as the colony ships were leaving for hyperspace, the Great Gate had grown large enough to overtake Mercury. The ships that left for hyperspace are equipped with cleaners to hopefully mitigate the effects of the Great Gate, but you won't know how effective it was until you leave Hyperspace...

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 6, 2014

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Breandan “Little crow” Breen (Female, 26)

”Why do I use pieces from broken machinery? To remember that even if we all are pieces of a broken machinery we can still be of use”

"The Ocultar" is a huge ship. So large that, when built, the engineers built it in space because its sheer size would have made it impossible for the ship to leave any atmosphere.

The ship was divided in 3 social castes. The divine caste or “divines” are all rich and spoiled brats living in hedonism and excess they rule over the ship with a whim that can change every minute.

Under them the retainers live for the entertainment and service of the divines they host and perform the shows the divines love to enjoy while also fulfilling their whims as servants and workers. Not a bad life and they have the chance to eventually if lucky enough one day be taking under the direct wing of a divine or even if extremely lucky improve their station.

Lastly at the bottom of the pecking order we have the “rat packs”. They run through the vents and the lower/unvisited parts of the ships. They survive as long as no one notices them or so are they told. They are useful tools for the divines as these invisible children are willing to do those jobs their retainers might refuse due to being too dangerous or immoral. Their only dream is to survive another day and maybe one day turn into a minor retainer.

Breandan was a tunnel runner. She delved into forbidden areas were old machinery was left to rot so she could salvage the useful pieces of the different appliances as these could sell well and keep herself with food on the table. Her life changed the day she met Charlie Mannheim. His dream gave her purpose and she started searching pieces for him to build his robo-luchador. But no matter how much he insisted she knew that the spotlight was not for her but she’d do her best to support him.

It’s been 6 years since. Life seems to be good until the call from the elders came

pre:
Attributes

Fitness		5
Intellect	5
Charm		3
Awareness	5
Willpower	3
Resources	2

Skills
Parkour 		(05)
Stealth			(10)
Finesse			(10)
Dirty fighting		(05)

Miracle skill
Salvage: Nothing is truly broken in this world. There are always bits and pieces that can be repurposed to repair and build new stuff. 
 You just need to know what to look for and how to tear the original machines apart

Trait
Danger Sense		(05)
Make do		(05)
Finishing blow		(05)
I was here all along	(10)
Body suit		(05)	
Anomaly: Aerial	(00) Takes double damage. Can fly/hover

Genre
Reason: Curiosity
Typecast: Salvager (You need a piece to fix your robot? Don’t worry I know it uses an Euclidan engine but these pieces from a 
Hopkins model would do the work just fine)
Bane: Poor impulse control
Genre powers
Knowledge is power
Not so fast
Live another day
Synchro Attack
Mid-Scene upgrade
Try again
Gotta go fast: Setup power ~ Once per round. I or an ally can move 5 extra zones 
The crow

Just with darker colors

The crow is a mecha meant for speed instead of strength. It’s a modified CR-01 for better maneuverability and faster movement hopefully it will fit Breandan like a glove
pre:
Attributes

Might			(04)
Guard			(04)
Threshold		(04)
Energy			(04)
Systems		        (04)
Speed			(04)

Upgrades
Over Booster		(10)
Reversible Thrusters	(10)
Integrated weapons	(10)
Slippery chassis	(05)
Anti-Gravity		(05)

Weapons
Powered Rifle		(10)
Sniper Rifle		(05)
Bombardment		(05)
edit to fix tables

Moved some points around so I can hit stuff

dereku fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Charlie Mannheim, Robot Luchador

"Of course I'm gonna do the right thing! The people have to have someone to look up to!"

Charlie Mannheim has always been an engineer. Raised as a "retainer" caste in the massive colony ship, the Ocultar, his entire life was learning to be an artisan, to please the "divine" caste with his works.

And please them he did - a surprise turn of luck from winning an engineering contest led to him suiting up in a loaner robot and competing in one of the most prestigious sports on the Ocultar - the Mecanicolucha Intergalactico, the largest organization of robot luchadors the ship had ever seen. And his performance was stellar, bringing hype to the crowds in ways that blew minds.

His popularity as a pilot grew, but the robots he piloted always changed. It came from being a retainer - he never had the money to buy his own robot. But he had one thing most of the divines never had - a best friend, and a drat good one. Breandan Breen, a friend since he first started piloting robots, but one of the rat-packs, salvaging any parts she could find for the money to scrape out another day of life in the Ocultar slums. They met in a terrible bar, highlights of Charlie's fight earlier that day playing on the holo-screen, and they hit it off.

It was one rainy night that Charlie showed up on the doorstep of her place, chattering excitedly in his own way about a new opportunity to pilot robots in the lucha tournaments, that she was convinced. She set herself to salvaging parts for him to build his own robot luchador - one that he could own himself, not one controlled by sponsorships and fickle divines and crime lords. And through it, he would give the people hope, and something to believe in.

pre:
Fitness 2 (3pts)
Intellect 6 (21pts)
Charm 5 (15pts)
Awareness 3 (6pts)
Willpower 4 (10pts)
Resources 2 (3pts)

1CP Left

SKILLS:
Combat (Unarmed) (5PP)
Craftsmanship (Giant Robots) (5PP)
Electronics (Generalist) (10PP)
Science (Generalist) 10PP

MIRACLE:
Phantasm (Light Shows)

TRAITS:
Ingenious (5PP)
Entertainer (ROBOT LUCHA) (5PP)
Hard Work and Guts (10PP)
Genius (10PP)

GENRE:
Reason: Duty. Charlie is a Robot Luchador not
because he wants the glory, not because he
wants his face plastered all over the holo-vid
screen, but because the people need to look up
to something.  From the halls of Divines'
mansions to the slums below street-level, people
need heroes.  And if Charlie is that hero, that
light that people look up to, and if his engineering
and robot lucha prowess are what could better this
ship and these people, then is it not his duty
to do that?

Typecast: The Naive Idealist.  Charlie honestly,
truly believes that he can better the colony
with a loaner lucha-bot and a head for science.
And sometimes, his idealism and "we can do it!" 
attitude can be grating.  But he sticks to it 
regardless.

Bane: Fragile Moods.  Charlie's a great guy, 
and he'll never give up even when things look 
dire, but if you drag him down, he'll go into
a funk that it's almost impossible to drag him
out of.  Even Breandan has had trouble pulling
him out of his mopey woe-is-me act on a number 
of occasions, and she's been his best friend
for YEARS.

GENRE POWERS:
Knowledge Is Power
Live Another Day
Mid-Scene Upgrade
Not So Fast
Synchro Attack
Try Again
Believe In Myself

The ULT-D "UltraDyne"

"He's getting back up, folks! I can't even believe this, but he's getting back up! And he delivers a positively BRUTAL shot to the dome of Red Sentinel, and follows it into a...he can't be...IT'S THE GIGA-SUPLEX! Ladies and gentlemen, UltraDyne is making an amazing comeback here tonight..."

Charlie's luchador is an extension of himself, and a callback to his roots. Based off the original specifications of the first robot luchador he ever piloted, and even taking its name, the UltraDyne is a lean, mean fighting machine. Built for close-quarters combat and brawling, its massive metal fists are nearly indestructible.

Charlie and Breandan built this mech with their own tools and hands, and it shows. Tailored to every quirk of Charlie's body and wrestling style, it even stands with his familiar posture when idling.

And on top of that, UltraDyne has built-in remote camera drones to stream live and at various angles across the holo-net to his fanbase, and an assortment of miniature support vehicles that can be remote-controlled by his luckiest and most loyal fans (or a rudimentary AI, in the event of a holo-net outage.)

pre:
MECHA:

ULTRADYNE

Might 5 (15pts)
Threshold 6 (21pts)
Guard 3 (6pts)
Systems 3 (6pts)
Energy 3 (6pts)
Speed 3 (6pts)

UPGRADES/WEAPONS:
Indomitable Comeback(The Beast) (20)
The Ultra Dash (Over-Booster) (Torso)(10)
Dynamic Armguards (Custom Defense (Shooting) (Arms) (5)
Lucha Robo Finisher! (Zweihander) (Hands) (5)
"Door-Knocker" Shotgun (Riot Weapon) (Gun, usually slung on back)(5)
Remote Controlled Support Drones(Support Fire) (Shoulder)(5)
Remote Controlled Detainment Drones (Ensnaring Trap) (10) (Calves) 

Tempus Rimeblood fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 15, 2014

• Locked thread