Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
So, do objects always tell you when they have a radio conversation? If not, that would be a cool way to hide easter eggs.

Also, can you control when you get more shirts in the store? They were sold out of Men's "Video Games" shirts like 3 days after they started selling them, and they're still out.

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Remo
Sep 11, 2005

Yes, you always know if there's a radio conversation about something once you have hovered the reticule over it. I can understand the fun "easter egg" part of that being obscured information, but I think that would wear thin pretty quickly, since it doesn't really make sense if you as a player character aren't sure if you are able to have something to say about something or not. We're not trying to make a pixel-hunty game, we want the player's verbs to be clear and the interesting part is how, when, and if the player expresses them rather than not being sure if you can.

And yeah the store is undergoing some changes. We are taking the store fully in-house (the way we run the Idle Thumbs store) and that will go live very soon--I was actually just doing a last pass on our new store design. Once it switches over we'll be able to do reorders whenever we want as we'll be directing manufacturing/fulfillment/etc.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I mean, yeah. You shouldn't sacrifice game for jokes. That makes total sense. Though, a lot of the fun in adventure games is finding those hidden moments, and being able to take ownership of them because you found it where others didn't. Obviously, there's tons of ways to create those experiences without betraying your mechanics.

Also, it's great that I will soon be able to throw money at you.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

Chris Remo posted:

And not every object can necessarily be radioed about at all times, because it would be crazy and basically impossible content-wise to have unique radio dialogue for, like, every single individual beer can, or something.

Sounds like quitters words to me :colbert:

I love the jifs you guys have up of the art process, color grading is one of my interests from when I was in filmschool (ugh) so its neat to see the effect on the models. Really cool that Olly can edit that stuff directly too

lizzyinthesky fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 6, 2014

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysURxb7YMUw

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I want as many Gone Homes as possible mainly to gently caress with manbaby gamers.

jesus christ

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Chris the Usurper.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Tiny widdle gifs! A sample:

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

They're big on imgur.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Giant gifs.
That's alliterative if you're cool.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
A blog post on the art process. Features a meme:

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Some talk with the developers about how they are creating the environment for the game.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
For a few days only you can buy some sweet posters. But more importantly there is a new issue of the Campo Santo Quarterly Review out, containing lots of fiction!

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Those posters own. Olly Moss if a loving genius and I'll never stop being mad about his Star Wars prints going on sale and selling out while I was at work.

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

TerminalSaint posted:

Those posters own. Olly Moss if a loving genius and I'll never stop being mad about his Star Wars prints going on sale and selling out while I was at work.

I got the complete set, which continues to be mind blowing to me, but have nowhere to hang them up. My apartment is a jumble of corners and doorways.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UswwuR4_I4E

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
New blog entry.

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
Here's my two cents: I'm gonna play this game. Hell, I might even buy some merch to celebrate the dang thing. Anyway, thanks for reading and keep gaming!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Fairly extensive interview.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
If you are in San Francisco on March 6th you can play this game.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Has anyone gotten their posters yet? I think I remember an early 2015 delivery date, but mine is still MIA.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

Did you not get the email?

Campo Santo posted:

Art Print Update #2

Hi Again!

I wanted to give you another update on the status of the Experience, Protect and Defend prints you ordered (you may have just ordered one or the whole set).

As I said in my last email, a printing error at our Portland-based screen-printing shop meant we had to re-do the entire run.  That's around 2000 individual posters. I wanted to let you know that we're about a week and half away from finishing the job, they'll be sent straight to our amazing fulfillment partner from the printer, and then packaged and tubed and sent to you within 48-72 hours of that. 

Again, we're sorry these have taken so long and without the error, you'd have yours already.  These are all being done by hand at a very-high-end screenprinter so it just takes time to get them perfect.  One-by-one, each poster gets a new layer of ink and I believe the Defend poster alone has twelve layers of ink.  But we're almost finished and they'll be sent as quickly as possible.

Thank you for patience!

Sean Vanaman

Edit: that was from the 20th of this month.

TerminalSaint fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 26, 2015

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah the colors looked good until the last screen or second to last, and then it went a little crazy. They're redoing them, but it caused a train wreck with the schedule at the screenprinting shop, which made things slip weeks. It's a bummer, but I was really happy with the way the original "Volunteer" poster came out, so I suspect it will be worth it when they finally ship.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

TerminalSaint posted:

Did you not get the email?

Edit: that was from the 20th of this month.

Wow, no I must have missed that. Thanks for posting it..

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
17 minutes of gameplay footage.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It looks good, but I'm worried most of the dialogue will be too cute or clever for its own good. Like not every line needs to be some awkward sarcastic quip. I don't know, I think we've seen way too much of that kind of writing lately.

abardam
Mar 1, 2015
Demo with dev commentary

The part that stood out to me the most in the playthrough was the first-person hand animation when the main character is putting in the combination in the lock, and here the devs mention the animator, and it's the guy who did Dance Fortress! Pretty cool imo

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

abardam posted:

Demo with dev commentary

The part that stood out to me the most in the playthrough was the first-person hand animation when the main character is putting in the combination in the lock, and here the devs mention the animator, and it's the guy who did Dance Fortress! Pretty cool imo
Yeah, more information here. His style is distinctive enough that I recognized it as his work before even seeing that it was the same guy.

abardam
Mar 1, 2015

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Yeah, more information here. His style is distinctive enough that I recognized it as his work before even seeing that it was the same guy.

Oh, he even mentions it in the post, whoops. On that note, I really should read through the blog!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYnS3kKTcGg

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Can I buy this? Is this out yet? Thanks.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Yeah I'm down to buy this game whenever it comes out.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

holy poop

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Hello, new wallpaper rotation.

Also really anticipating this. The concept's unique enough to intrigue and that art is gorgeous.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Hakkesshu posted:

It looks good, but I'm worried most of the dialogue will be too cute or clever for its own good. Like not every line needs to be some awkward sarcastic quip. I don't know, I think we've seen way too much of that kind of writing lately.
I've been following this game and thread for a while and pretty stoked for this. But I agree with you the dialogue seems kinda...off. Like it seems to suffer from someone writing it first and not actually saying it out loud. Games early though and the style more then makes up for dialogue flaw so far.

(I trust the developers not to be cheesy enough to have the boss in the other tower be dead all along/never existed)

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

This owns bones. Why are the posters sold out?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Can I buy this? Is this out yet? Thanks.
Sadly no, but I'm sure as hell buying the first day its available. Walking Dead Season 1 and Mark of the Ninja are two of my favorite games and Firewatch's gameplay style is totally my poo poo.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

ravenkult posted:

They were intended to be limited release. If it makes you feel any better they were supposed to be here in January / early February, and I only got my shipping notification this week. Apparently there were printing issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

ravenkult posted:

Because they're prints.

• Locked thread