Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«16 »
  • Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007




Mr. White/Tony
Nuyen: 8380 TV Rating: 8.5
Mr. White is the only person in the group whose ditched the berber disguise. If he is ever seen, he's no good to Ares anyway. Thermal Dampening mods built into the suit when it was fabricated should make him nearly impossible to spot in the desert night. He discards the meta link that was issued to him when issued to him on the chopper, simply because the commlink inside his head is much superior, impossible to steal, and alot better at running silent. Or so the tech told him when he had it implanted.

[Efretti, Shaitan, you notice anything about rocketing the guard outpost in that brief? No me neither.] He says on private commlink to Franz before opening up on group comm. [Nice plan, except for a few exceptions my german friend intends to bring up. For me, its game time, see you guys on the other side.]

And with that, Mr. White is gone, disappearing amongst the desert sands.


Sneaking w/Thermal Damp benefits applied since I'm pretty sure thats the only way anyone will see us in the desert till we begin the attack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkDFzWhYbCY 25d6t5: 8
Limit: 9 Visual due to Chameleon Suit/14 Thermal due to Thermal Dampening mods.
Perception: Visual (Using Binoculars) 13d6t5: 5
Note: Vision Magnification from Binoculars/Vision Enhancement 2 mods applied.

In regards to traces being left behind by me not playing by the game plan, I'm pretty sure the desert sands will sweep away the bootprints I'm leaving behind after we're done.


Combat Block assuming Jazzed Up

pre:
Initiative: 11+3d6 Armor: 15 (Chameleon Suit/Orthoskin Rating 4) THERMDAMP Rating 5/NONCON Rating 4
SILENT RUNNING: ACTIVE
PANSLAV ACTIVE: DRAGUNOV SVD/CHAMSUIT/SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0/SMARTLINK
THANK YOU FOR USING TRANSYS FOR ALL YOUR COMMUNICATION NEEDS.
Audio Mods: SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0
Other Notes: +1 Physical Limit
Duration of Jazz: 30 minutes
Side Effects: User will suffer the effects of disorientation (p. 409) for a duration equal to the duration of initial effect.


Note: Asterik denotes currently loaded ammo type
Unarmed Combat/Cyber Implant Combat:
Limit: 7
Damage: 10P/13P (-2 AP) with Spurs
Reach: N/A
Dice Pool: 14/16 with Spurs

Acc 6 (7) / 12P / 2 AP / SA / 10(c)
Ranged Weapons:
Weapon       Acc    DP Damage AP   Modes  RC  Ammo       Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Dragunov SVD 6(8) 18/20 12P    2  SA (4/6)  N/A   (c)         050/51350/351800/8011,500
APDS*                   12P    -6  SA (4/6)  10/10 (c)         050/51350/351800/8011,500
Note: External Smartgun equipped with Vision Magnification, Bipod undermount.


Physical Damage: 12	Stun Damage: 10     Overflow: 4

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 3, 2014 around 00:03

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014


Franz Talhoffer
Assets: 4500
Rating: 9




[Jawohl. I vill have ze heavies blow ze generator on our approach. I vill signal you zen Shaitan.]

Dusting off his shabby apparel, and looking decidedly uncomfortable with the cheap assault rifle in his hands, Franz steps into the desert. "It is a good night for vetvork. Still, it is too bright for me. Ve need to destroy ze guard houses, and eliminate ze generator. I recommend ze services of Herr White for ze main tower, and a pair of rockets from long range for ze gate house, and generator. In zat order."

[Hopefully zese dumkoppf vill recognize a good plan hven ve slap zem in ze face with it, ja?]

ViscerusIgnea fucked around with this message at Apr 2, 2014 around 22:43

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.




You sweep over the facility with your astral sight, taking everything in. You notice every last body in every last room, and even one or two magical auras, but it looks more like magically-inclined cameramen here for the perfect shot than strong-armed security forces: there are no foci in play, and the cyberware on the guards looks to be exactly as described in the dossier. Ares' information was good, that was sure. Across the desert, you see a few more auras, small field mice and snakes and scorpions flitting about, and the night seems so empty and vanilla compared to a city that it's almost off-putting.

If there's anything else you want to know specifically, ask. Your roll bought it.



The dwarf finished your rifle just in time, offering it up as you step out, and mutters something about all the effort being smelted in just a few short hours. Even so, it looks like he did good work, and though the sight is probably going to need a bit of dialing but it's otherwise ready to go. You slip across the sand, quiet as a ghost in the scarce moonlight, your suit blending and bleeding itself into the sand. As you get closer, you find a nice, hard patch of rock in the sand, perfect for your work aside from the Egyptian Cobra that's seemed to make its home there. You shoo it away and get into position, rifle at the ready, and pull out your binoculars to sweep the area: two guards in each tower, sipping coffee and chatting, and you see two others talking to one sitting in the gate house. They seem to be swapping stories, probably lies about women they met. They're all carrying FN-HARs as the dossier suggested, and you can see the grenades neatly lines on their belts. From this distance, they wouldn't stand a chance with the towers taken out. The guard outpost seems to double as a barracks, and you see lights on behind shuttered windows from your vantage point.

And then you feel it, an annoying buzz somewhere in your pack that only meant one thing: one of the cards just activated. It's the four of hearts, a low-level camerawoman named Christian Johannsen. She's 5'3, 49 kg, Aztechnology-employed, from somewhere in Southern America, and she's here in Algeria covering the games. More importantly, she's in the facility. It's inopportune, that's for sure, and there will probably be another chance over the next four months, but that didn't stop the card from lighting up as you got within range.



You gather up, coordinating the last details of the attack, and the minutes start to tick by as you debate the proper course of action, and you see several of the guards yawning and sipping coffees, counting the dull minutes until their relief arrives. They certainly haven't spotted you, and it isn't really like they even have a reason to look. Even so, in about ten minutes there'd be twice as many guards outside, so either this was your window or you'd have to wait until after the shift-change.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Apr 3, 2014 around 00:20

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007




Mr. White/Tony
: 8380 TV Rating: 8.5
Pulling out a dose of jazz and laying it to his side to pop when its time to get in close. He calmly reports the enemy positions to the rest of the team as he thinks of how to handle the 4 of heart, pulling out the card from the deck and viewing the portrait and the short bio that scrolled past before putting it in his right breast pocket. Looks like he was going to have to go OFP after the initial assault and ensure he got his mark. Probably best to infiltrate the base during the chaos and eliminate the target.

[2 Guards in each tower, FN HAR's and grenades. They drinking coffee and chatting it up, slackers. 3 at the gate house, two of them chatting to the one thats on duty. Thats probably the roving watch. The Guard Outpost looks like the barracks for the troops. Rockets in there will kill the troops in their bunks before they can respond. Shift changes in 10 minutes, I say wait for the shift change or hit during it while they are doing the turnover. I'll also keep an eye out for any officers or sergeants. Controlled chaos will be to our benefit while you guys do the work.]

When Dess gives the signal, Mr. White will pop a dose of jazz and then take a shot at the soldiers in the guard tower that isn't due to be rocketed.


Combat Block Jazzed Up

pre:
Initiative: 11+3d6 Armor: 15 (Chameleon Suit/Orthoskin Rating 4) THERMDAMP Rating 5/NONCON Rating 4
SILENT RUNNING: ACTIVE
PANSLAV ACTIVE: DRAGUNOV SVD/CHAMSUIT/SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0/SMARTLINK
THANK YOU FOR USING TRANSYS FOR ALL YOUR COMMUNICATION NEEDS.
Audio Mods: SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0
Other Notes: +1 Physical Limit
Duration of Jazz: 50 minutes
Side Effects: User will suffer the effects of disorientation (p. 409) for a duration equal to the duration of initial effect.


Note: Asterik denotes currently loaded ammo type
Unarmed Combat/Cyber Implant Combat:
Limit: 7
Damage: 10P/13P (-2 AP) with Spurs
Reach: N/A
Dice Pool: 14/16 with Spurs

Ranged Weapons:
Weapon       Acc    DP Damage AP   Modes  RC  Ammo       Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Dragunov SVD 6(8) 18/20 12P    2  SA (4/6)  N/A   (c)         050/51350/351800/8011,500
APDS*                   12P    -6  SA (4/6)  10/10 (c)         050/51350/351800/8011,500
Note: External Smartgun equipped with Vision Magnification, Bipod undermount.


Physical Damage: 12	Stun Damage: 10     Overflow: 4

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 9, 2014 around 11:52

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013


Bell 'Casustic Bell' Underhilde




Edit

AmyL fucked around with this message at Apr 7, 2014 around 21:45

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Dess
Nuyen: 13000 Rating: 7.5

Dess stacked up with the others by the small bankment, sticking the whole crew in goog line of sight on the facility, but holding out of the beaming halogens. Very slowly pulling a round into the chamber, she reaches back, pulling a striker and rocket from the bag slung around Matches' side. Stroking at the subvocal mic taped on her throat, wired down under the garb to last decade's hottest Metalink, she opens the semi secure channel between the team and their friendly neighborhood sniper.

["Confirmed on three by gatehouse. We're working on initial security now... Signal should be loud and obvious. Once the generator blows, free fire on all hostile targets."]

She'd offer out the Big A launcher to either Bradford or the Ork, Matches, signalling for one of them to ready it for operation and lock on the generator. Best case the rocket blows a clean enough hole for them to walk through the gate. If not, there was plenty of working room around the gatehouse.

"Where are we on drone and the security?"

Dess turns to the respective dwarves plinking away on their tasks, just needing the final touches before the Op was proper started.

As a final measure of confidence before the games began, she holds two fingers out stiff, arm bent and takes a deep breath, flaring up the Foci on her back.

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at Apr 3, 2014 around 01:51

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!



Birch

Birch found a comfortable section of sand to work in, and fired up his RCC. The bulk of the spywork had already been accomplished, so he left his Fly-Spy inactive and jumped straight into the new Kestrel. It felt nearly arthritic to control. He could feel sand grinding in the various hinges and gears as it clawed its way into the sky. After a few seconds of testing the capabilities of the roto-drone he sends out a quick comm message to the group.

[Targeting north-east tower. Will avoid detection as long as possible, but be prepared to respond should I be spotted. Will fire upon far sniper on groups signal or detection. Whichever comes first. Birch out.]

With that he brings the Kestrel around the northwest corner of the building, gaining altitude as he goes. Despite the drones unfamiliarity and myriad mechanical issues, Birch has no problem controlling it, and is able to run it as silently and stealthily as can be expected. If all goes well he'll draw the drone close enough to the tower for a clear shot and park it.

Sneakin up on the snipers: 11d6t5 4

Schizotek fucked around with this message at Apr 3, 2014 around 02:35

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Nina Walker
TV Ratings: 7.5


Fixing the gun, pre-landing:

Nina gives the system a quick once-over, trying to remove as many of the active ARO points as possible.

Rolled Comp + Log (edit file), as that seemed appropriate since it doesn't appear that Change Icon has a roll. Unless you were just trying to give a time frame. Edit Icons (Log + Comp): 13d6t5 5

On the ground:

Nina immediately works towards figuring out the camera situation, and just how many points she would need control of to use said cameras. She stood in the back of the group, depending on the others to figure out the physical situation.

Comp + Int: Matrix Perception: 10d6t5 5

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.

he knows...


Karl Bradford
Nuyen 2683 Rating 7

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...1#post427111195

Karl takes the launcher from Dess, checks it over, and readies the sight at the large generator. His idea of hitting the guard towers is out the window since Mr. White is providing cover sniping support. Karl's senses are heightened and reflexes are on edge as he waits for the signal to fire. He keeps his comm window open (liked through his datajack) to alert the team in case of an ambush.

Karl has Improved Reflexes 3 and Combat Sense 3 which are both active. Combat Sense ALWAYS allows a Perception test in the event of a surprise attack. Not sure what the stats on the launcher are, but Karl has the following relevant stats:

Body 5
Agility 6
Reaction 5 (8)
Strength 5
Willpower 4
Logic 3
Intuition 5
Charisma 2
Edge 3
Magic 5
Essence 5.08
Initiative 13 +4D6

Limits:
Mental 5 -> 5
Physical 7.666666667 -> 8
Social 4.36 -> 5

Skills:
Stealth Skill Group 2
Automatics (Assault Rifles) 6(7)(+2)
Etiquette 1
Gymnastics 2
Heavy Weapons (Grenade Launchers) 6(+2)
Perception 6
Survival 4
Unarmed Combat 6

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


A lightning storm apparently killed my modem last night, so I'll try to work-post when I can until I can get it fixed, but I apologize for any time I am unresponsive over the next few days.



The biography ticks across the card's face as you settle in: depending on how this went down, your life either just got a lot easier or a bit more difficult . But either way, it was go time. You relay the information to the guards, lining one of them up between your sights and readying your next hit of jazz. The SVD was well-assembled, and with any luck the first shot would land exactly where you intended. It was go time.



As you study the auras another moment, you pick out what must be some desert mice, and then something larger, perhaps a snake---or maybe something even stranger, and brighter, in the Algerian desert. There were stories, of course, of strange paracritters roaming around, but now before you eyes you saw the astral signature of some large, scorpion-like beast. You watched from a distance as it grabs one of the mice in its claws before scuttling away over the dune. And as it does, you see your own team's adepts begin to glimmer as they start up their own magic.



The team lines up correctly, unpracticed but well-organized, and your commlink seems serviceable enough, if reminiscent of a child's toy. Bradford takes your launcher and takes aim as you ready the attack, deathly silent, and you find it[/it] there in the darkness: the Edge. The one that tells you where to strike and exactly how you should aim that next round to make sure the person eating it wouldn't be getting back up. The adrenaline hits as your foci slips the familiar, magical skin over your own. You likely shined like an astral beacon, but it didn't matter: no nothing could stop you.



The sand's pleasantly cool as you dig in, and the Kestrel came alive as you jumped in. It was weird, flying it: it reminded you of your rotodrone, but somehow all different. It was like wearing someone else's clothing, even when they were your size, like the smell of the previous owner still hung there. The gears and hinges whined at first, but eventually the blades spun and most of the grime fell away as the unused machine climbed into the sky. You take it out, across the northwest corner of the building, high enough up to go unnoticed by all but the most attentive guards. One looks almost like they may have spotted you, and you tense up for a moment before the helmet turns to look another way. You get within range, maybe 12 meters, without being spotted, and hover the drone there.



Fixing the gun, pre-landing:

[i]It's closer to Software, since you're trying to rewrite a piece of strange code. There isn't a move for it, per say, but the extended roll to get up to 18. Luckily, your Computer and Software are the same, so it's fine. You need a few more, though, to hit 18. They take a minute apiece, but the helicopter ride took a while so you had the time; this is mostly to see if you glitch or not. I rolled them for you to speed things along:

Edit Icons (Log + Comp): 13d6t5 5
Clearing the ARO: 12d6t5+11d6t5+10d6t5 5 (10 total)
Clearing the ARO: 9d6t5+8d6t5 6 (16 total)
Clearing the ARO: 7d6t5 1 (17 total)
Clearing the ARO: 6d6t5 2 (19 total)


You grab the invited mark on the gun, and immediately set to work on the Russian ARO code, slogging through hex dumps of horribly-written AR icon code looking for a hook into the poo poo. You find it eventually, but it only leads into more intentionally obfuscated code. Whoever wrote this thing, they went far out of their way to make sure that any decker trying to change it would have a headache and a half. After a few curse words, some decompiling, and finding a Russian lexicon, and 8 minutes, you manage to get the glowing subroutines stripped out of the ARO device strapped to the gun, and it fades away.

On the ground:

You hit your deck, and get a streamlined map of the computer systems running, the wireless cameras all laced into a single host that looked to be stored in the basement. It seemed simple enough: the guards likely had the camera files open in the guard outpost, so if you could get into the host you'd just need to edit the loops, but it meant that between your agent and yourself it'd be hard to cover more than five or six. Still completely possible. Each guard had their own PAN, too, slaved to the host.

Aside from the cameras and the generator, there were a myriad of commlinks, decks, and television cameras in the various reporters' gear, mostly undefended, and even most of the helicopters glowed with latent electronic systems.



The rocket launcher seems in precise working order, booting up easily with its factory-fresh configurations. You feel the magic seep into your fingertips as you take aim, and the adrenaline spike brings about that familiar battlefield calm. Everything slows as your reflexed sped up, from laughing guards to the light wind, and it's time to work.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

[quote="bunnielab" post="427695178"]

Matches
Nuyen: 280 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 23

Seeing the ARO shine finally turn the gently caress off, Matches thanks Nina for the help.

"loving tacky motherfuckers, just gad they didn't wire loving lights to it. "

Matches then loads and reads the weapon, waiting for the rocket's impact to run forward and start setting charges.

"The longer you guys can keep the loving guards occupied the more charges Bell an I can get set before they notice us." To Bell: "Try an plate the charges on the side of the chopper closest to the one next to it, If we do that we should be able to just rig every other one and kill two of the fuckers with one charge. If the guards start shooting at us, we can blow the ones on the outer edges to give us some smoke and poo poo to distract them. Don't fuckin blow them unless you are behind cover or laying flat though, I wasn't loving kidding bout the shrapnel these fuckers are gonna throw off. "

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Darius
Resources: 9030 Rating: 8

The pre-op jitters finally subside as the time for action approached. It helped that the wolf was calming down as well as this motley group took on some semblance of a pack. Darius grips the unwieldy AK and takes a deep breath, invoking the strength and agility of the wolf as he waited for Dess to give the order to fire.

Attribute Boost: Strength #1 - Berber raid: 7d6t5 3

Attribute Boost: Agility #1 - Berber raid: 8d6t5 2

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013


Bell 'Casustic Bell' Underhilde



"Ah yea, sure, right," Bell blinks when she sees the boring mundane world again. "Watch your feet, um, sure yea, give me a moment, let take care of something before we start."

Her hazel eyes shift in concentration, wordlessly mumbling over and over again while her hands are outstretched.

Improved Invisibility (Force6) Magic 6 + Spelling Casting 6 [Force 6] = 12d6t5: 5hits
Drain: Logic + Willpower = 9d6t5 2 hits
Ok, the spell was 6(Force)-1=5 so the drain value was 5 but since I only got 2 hits, I'll take 3 stun damage from the spell.

Bell disappears after a moment, no trace of her and the equipment anyway except for some sand scattered where she has been standing.

"Alright, going to do my part Matches. Try not to ignite anything so I can have a nice seat to view our handiwork," she grins, sticking her tongue out at them knowing that no one can see her at the moment, then turns around to head off to place her charges on the side of the chopper closest to the one next to it.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Dess
Nuyen: 13000 TV Rating: 7.5 Armor Rating 13

The quietly swirling rotodrone disappears up and over the roof of the housing, and the passing few seconds tick by with no alarm, no shouts or disturbances. The decker's eyes take the marked change from deliberated focus to quick REM, the usual reaction, she'd noticed, of the brain flooding with input, and in the corner of her eye a dwarf fades into sand and air. The final pieces in play, Dess raises a fist for hold, chiming through the commlink via subvocal communication.

["Drone and Striker on my mark... Mark. Fire teams free in Three... Two... One."]

Her raised arm comes down and immediately to the hand guard of her AK 97, trained directly on the leftmost patrol chatting in the gatehouse. At the telltale thump of the Striker, Dess squeezes tight on the trigger, barking off her opening shot.

Free Action: Activate foci
Simple Action: SA fire
Open Fire: 17d6t5 4
Simple Action: Take Aim

pre:
  *AK 97                2 clips |  
        Dam 10P         Acc 5(6)        AP -2           Mode SA/BF/FA   RC 0            Ammo 38c
Initiative: 3d6+9: 3d6+9 24

Dirty edit for proper declaration and initiative for next round.

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at Apr 4, 2014 around 10:42

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007




Mr. White/Tony
: 8380 TV Rating: 8.5
Edge: 3/4
Intiative: 24

Inhaling the Jazz deep into his lungs and aiming down the scope at the snipers enjoying their coffee at the guard tower. His smartscope is centered on the the pair of guys in the southwestern guard tower. He takes aim and paces himself as time slows way down and the jazz kicks way in. Crosshairs on the guard whose sipping coffee, shifting to the actual coffee cups. He'll shoot whoevers cup is most full and wait until the assault initiates or the other guard goes for a refill.

[Acknowledged.] White mentally comms back and times his headshot on the guard sitting down to happen as the explosions from the strikers occur.

I can take up to either a +2 Die or Accuracy bonus for 2 take aim simple actions. Thats two init passes, a combat turn is 3 seconds. Jazzed up, I'll be at full aim two init passes the combat turn before hostilities initiate and have a init pass ready to shoot on my third pass. All that is all to explain how the action would be structured.


On the first shot this, is how it will work. I'm assuming I'm sniping from like 500-600 meters. That would put me at long range from counterfire by assault rifles and light machineguns. Wind/Light/Visibility should be non factors at this time. Smartlink/Elf Racial Low Light/A clear desert night covers this. This just leaves range. Vision magnification (kicks in when I take a "Take Aim" simple action) will bring me down to a -1 modifier total. Called shot to vitals (Head shot) will be -4 so I'll throw some edge to counterbalance. It'll give me +2 DV automatically.

Shot: Sniper Rifle (Called Shot: Vitals/PushTheLimit) 21d6h5: 8
Mode: Semi Auto
Accuracy Limit: N/A (Normally 8)
Potential DV: 22
AP: -6
Next Shot Recoil Mod: N/A (Recoil will never be a factor so long as I aim before hand.)
Enemy Defense Modifiers: Can't dodge if surprised otherwise N/A.



Combat Block Jazzed Up

pre:
Initiative: 11+3d6 Armor: 15 (Chameleon Suit/Orthoskin Rating 4) THERMDAMP Rating 5/NONCON Rating 4
SILENT RUNNING: ACTIVE
PANSLAV ACTIVE: DRAGUNOV SVD/CHAMSUIT/SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0/SMARTLINK
THANK YOU FOR USING TRANSYS FOR ALL YOUR COMMUNICATION NEEDS.
Audio Mods: SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0
Other Notes: +1 Physical Limit
Duration of Jazz: 50 minutes
Side Effects: User will suffer the effects of disorientation (p. 409) for a duration equal to the duration of initial effect.


Note: Asterik denotes currently loaded ammo type
Unarmed Combat/Cyber Implant Combat:
Limit: 8
Damage: 10P/13P (-2 AP) with Spurs
Reach: N/A
Dice Pool: 14/16 with Spurs

Ranged Weapons:
Weapon       Acc    DP Damage AP   Modes  RC  Ammo       Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Dragunov SVD 6(8) 18/20 12P    2  SA (4/6)  N/A   (c)         050/51350/351800/8011,500
APDS*                   12P    -6  SA (4/6)  9/10 (c)         050/51350/351800/8011,500
Note: External Smartgun equipped with Vision Magnification, Bipod undermount.


Physical Damage: 12	Stun Damage: 10     Overflow: 4

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 9, 2014 around 11:53

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!



Birch
Rating: 7.5
Initiative: 17

On Dees singal Birch sends out a quick burst of explosive death at the chest of the guard armed with the Remington. Before even bothering to see if he killed or even hit his mark, he sends the Kestrel swooping to the opposite side of the tower, stopping just over 9 meters from the tower, on the south side.

Eat poo poo: 12d6t5 6

pre:
Weapon       Acc   Damage  AP   Modes  RC        Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Uzi w/Ex     4(5)   08P    -1   BF     (1)       010/1140/4180/81150

Schizotek fucked around with this message at Apr 4, 2014 around 05:10

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.

he knows...


Karl Bradford
Nuyen 2683 Rating 7

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...1#post427111195
Karl pings his commlink connection to alert the squad of the incoming heavy explosion.

Intiative 28
Initiative: 13+4d6 28

Simple Action: Take Aim (+1 die for Heavy Weapons)
Simple Action: Fire Rocket launcher at power generator
Rocket Launcher (Heavy Weapons Test +1 Take Aim): 13d6t5 4

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Nina Walker
TV Ratings: 7.5


Nina taps away on her deck, setting a few commands to try and get to the cameras through the host, assuming she could get to it without too many problems. She sets her persona to something generally security-like, trying to blend into the grid she's on.


Block of text incoming, hopefully all set up right to be able to run with the actions taken:
Free Actions: Reconfigure to the following
-Sleaze 6, Attack 5, Firewall 5, Data Processing 3
-Load up Exploit, Sneak and Agent 5
Complex Action: Hack on the Fly, marking the Host
+2 for Hot Sim, +2 for Exploit, -2 for public grid (or jumping grids? Not sure on the complete situation here) should mean a DP of 16.
Hack on the Fly: 16d6t5 8, limit of 6.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


My computer died along with my modem, so I'm gonna laptop post for a long while. It'll be alright, but may make me slower. I apologize in advance.



You and Bell head for the fence, laden with charges. When you're maybe ten meters out, the base lights up with the sound of gunfire and explosions.



The magic hits you hard, and everything feels just a little lighter and a little neater as you prepare for the fight. The adrenaline comes with the magic, and you feel oddly at home in the pack known as Squad A3, Alpha Company. Suddenly, it was go time.



You vanish into invisibility, and it takes a little of the wind at out of you, but no matter. The demo packs are maybe 10 kilograms, but carrying that much explosive on you seems just a little heavier than the weight itself. When you and Matches are maybe ten meters out, the whole place lights up with gunfire.


Your take your time, your teem perfectly arranged, and then you open up with the second-tier assault rifle in unison with the rest of your team. The attack was good, well-planned, and it made everything smooth. The magic helped, of course. A lot, actually. The guard jumps, though, as you open fire, and his shoulder armor eats the bullets. You don't see blood, but he's still moving.



The Jazz hits your lungs hard, and the whole world shines just a bit as you look down through the smartlink's scope at the guard tower. You toy with the idea of destroying a coffee cup, but when it comes time to murder someone you don't hesitate. The bullet soars across the desert, the muzzle flash kicking up sand, and you watch it bury itself into the guard's collar bone. loving dwarf, rigged the smartlink wrong.

Since the gun is missighted, you get a limit of 6 on the accuracy this single turn. You can compensate from now on, though, now that you exactly how he hosed up. The rangefinding might be a little off, though.

You see the guard jump as the shot rings out, and he tries to scramble out of the way as the shot rings out. It doesn't matter, though: the AP round digs through his armor, and he goes down, blood spurting across the guard depot.



The uzi rings out, loud and angry and fast, emptying the explosive rounds into the guard's chest. The explosive rounds eat into the guard, catching him unaware. Lucky for him, though, the well-made full body armor eats the explosive rounds without any problems. Cheap-poo poo Kestrals!



The rocket flies toward the power generater, and utterly obliterates the thing. The halogen lights around the perimeter and in the guard towers all blink out, and you see the side of the building it was attached to crumble. There might even be a structure fire, with a shot like that. It was a good shot, punching a nice hole in the gate, too boot.




You always have access to the Ares grid, in general, but you don't have access to the Algerian Goverment grid, so you can jump if you'd like to or you can just hang around.

Your icon reshapes to mirror one of the guard's, and the host offers you a mark (assuming you'll invite one). Yo refuse it, slipping by the host's agent and grabbing the first mark on the device. The host seemed powerful, but inattentive, and you were now free to jump in.



Karl : 28
Mr White : 24
Dess : 24
Franz: 19
Birch : 17
Gate guard 2 : 15 (7 Stun Damage Dealt)
SW Tower Guard 2 : 15
Roaming Guard : 13
NE Tower Guard 1 : 12
Gate Guard 3 : 11
NE Tower Guard 2 : 11
SW Tower Guard 1 : 14 Dead
Gate guard 1 : 10

I still need initiative rolls from Bell, Matches, Wolf, Franz Talhoffer, and Nina.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Apr 5, 2014 around 03:14

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer


Matches
Nuyen: 280 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 23

Init, beginning the false flag op: 9+1d6 13
lets just assume I always go last to sped things up.

As soon as things start blowing up, Matches hunkers down and tries to run a bit faster.

To Bell, over com ::I'm gonna try and rip a loving hole in this fence, if that doesn't loving work I'll blast one so ya might wanna stay back, less you can magic us up a hole.::

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



psst if I push the limit on edge like I did, there are no limits to the hits I get.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007




Mr. White/Tony
: 8380 TV Rating: 8.5
Edge: 3/4
Intiative: 24

Taking in another moment to recover his breath after the last shot, White switches to the other guard in the tower. He holds his breath, centers the misaligned scope on the guys head and adjusts a bit up and to the left, and then squeezes the trigger.

Simple action to aim, simple action to shoot.
In regards to head shots [16:46] <QuantumNinja> Actually, perhaps we do it this way: you take -8 to hit 'em in the head, but it ignores all armor that isn't dermal / lacing / cyberskull
I'm taking it to say that I noticed the defect on my first shot and this combat turn I can operate normalish?
This is how I see the dice pool working out. Base 20, -8 for the houseruled called shot to blow his brains out, +0 for range (-3 for range compensated by the take aim action which reduces it to -1 (Vision Magnification Optical Mod) and finally +0 if I use the take aim ability to give a die pool bonus instead of a accuracy limit bonus. Leaves us with 12 on the shot. Here goes
Shot: Sniper Rifle (Called Shot: Headshot [QN Special]) 12d6t5: 8
Mode: Semi Auto
Accuracy Limit: 8
Potential DV: 20 (technically)/Instant Death (reality)
AP: -6
Next Shot Recoil Mod: N/A (Recoil will never be a factor so long as I aim before hand.)
Enemy Defense Modifiers: N/A

I didn't make this up or reroll twenty times for this, i rolled 8 hits off of loving 12 dice holy poo poo, first try. Its meant to be buddy. Its meant to be. Lets see him try to juke this poo poo. In the event I misunderstood whats happening with my rifle in regards to the smart link system and dice pools, lets just cut down the hits down to 6 or 4, 3 at the lowest and call it a day. Or whatever you think is fair.



Combat Block Jazzed Up

pre:
Initiative: 11+3d6 Armor: 15 (Chameleon Suit/Orthoskin Rating 4) THERMDAMP Rating 5/NONCON Rating 4
SILENT RUNNING: ACTIVE
PANSLAV ACTIVE: DRAGUNOV SVD/CHAMSUIT/SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0/SMARTLINK
THANK YOU FOR USING TRANSYS FOR ALL YOUR COMMUNICATION NEEDS.
Audio Mods: SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0
Other Notes: +1 Physical Limit
Duration of Jazz: 50 minutes
Side Effects: User will suffer the effects of disorientation (p. 409) for a duration equal to the duration of initial effect.


Note: Asterik denotes currently loaded ammo type
Unarmed Combat/Cyber Implant Combat:
Limit: 8
Damage: 10P/13P (-2 AP) with Spurs
Reach: N/A
Dice Pool: 14/16 with Spurs

Ranged Weapons:
Weapon       Acc    DP Damage AP   Modes  RC  Ammo       Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Dragunov SVD 6(8) 18/20 12P    2  SA (4/6)  N/A   (c)         050/51350/351800/8011,500
APDS*                   12P    -6  SA (4/6)  8/10 (c)         050/51350/351800/8011,500
Note: External Smartgun equipped with Vision Magnification, Bipod undermount.


Physical Damage: 12	Stun Damage: 10     Overflow: 4

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 9, 2014 around 11:53

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013


Bell 'Casustic Bell' Underhilde



Bell picks up the pace when the gunfire and explosions break out, having no desire to hang around any longer than needed.

8+1d6: Init 13

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Darius
Resources: 9030 Rating: 8

Initiative: 13+4d6 23

Darius takes aim at the guard Dess lit up and lets off a burst at his chest praying that the gun would cooperate. He begins to move towards the opening in the gate/perimeter.

Simple Action: Take Aim on Gate Guard 2 for +1 die
Simple Action #2: Burst Fire: Gate Guard #2: 7d6t5 4

"Ready to lay down suppressing fire. Call for it."

Edit OOC: It's not gonna come up this time since I got different results for the two boosts but for future reference: If my boosts end on the same turn am I going to be rolling to resist the drain separately or together? I'd always assumed the former but I can see the latter as well.

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at Apr 4, 2014 around 23:23

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Bell and Matches should specify if they are sprinting or running, and roll sprinting if they are or note the -DV for running. Everyone is now in Dim Light since Karl knocked the generator out.

Still waiting on more initiative. I'll roll them if they aren't rolled by the time I get home.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Apr 5, 2014 around 01:33

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



I believe you are wrong on the low light due to the table page 175 of core. However glare is a subcategory of that and if thats what you are referring to then yeah you are on the ball.

quote:

Low-Light Vision
Treat Partial Light and Dim Light
as Full Light

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014


Franz Talhoffer
Assets: 4500
Rating: 9



Initiative: 19

Franz pulls the Berber garb over his face, and activates his reflexes, jittering as the wires light his nervous system on fire, and he bolts towards the gatehouse, grenade in his left hand, AK-97 in his right. "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" He screamed partially to intimidate, and partially to exalt in his rush, revelling in the speed and precision that only the best cyberware can provide.

Sprinting forwards 28m towards the gate
Free Action: Run
Complex action: Sprint 3d6 STR+3d6 Running+2d6 Natural Athlete



pre:
Initiative: 12+2d6 Armor: 
SILENT RUNNING:
PANSLAV ACTIVE: AK-97 1.02, ARES LONGSWORD CYBERWEAPON X2, ARES SCABBARD CYBERARM X2, ARES SONIC 
Audio Mods: None
Other Notes: 

Note: Asterik denotes currently loaded ammo type
Unarmed Combat(Cyberfist):
Limit: 10
Damage: 9P with Fists
Reach: 0
Dice Pool: 14/16 with Firefight

Ranged Weapons:
Weapon               Acc    DP Damage  AP   Modes    RC  Ammo       Range  S / M /   L   /  E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
*Cyber machine pistol 4(6)   18   6P   4    SA / BF  1  32(c)           0-5 6-15 16-30  31-50
^AK 97                5      16   10P  -2   SA/BF/FA    38(c)               
*Loaded with APDS
^Loaded with Standard Ammunition

Physical Damage: 12	Stun Damage: 10     Overflow: 5 

ViscerusIgnea fucked around with this message at Apr 5, 2014 around 00:55

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

With his lack of running skill and low base STR, I would rather not risk the glitch, and besides, Matches doesn't strike me as a runner, more of an angry lumbering dude.

And if I wasn't clear, I intend for him to try and breach the fence to the south of the now blown-up gate. The intel didn't mention an electric fence and my hope is that he can rip a hole that he and Bell can fit through. The idea being that the guards should be focused on the assault team, maybe letting us get in and plant some charges for a bit without being noticed.
.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


cis: I assumed low-light worked like therms and shifted the penalty up one. Silly elf eyes. That's what I get for bar-posting.

Bunnielab: Lumbering is cool. Make a melee attack against the fence, I guess, to kool-aid man through it. Treat is unarmed, but take the bonus for a charge attack.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013


Bell 'Casustic Bell' Underhilde


Bell will be running to the area that MAtches toward her to put the explosives at.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!



Birch
Rating: 7.5
Initiative: 17

Birch was hardly shocked the bargain-bin Uzi strapped to his drone didn't have the power to penetrate a proper set of armor. Just as well. Birch wouldn't shed tears over a dead guard, but he'd just as soon not be responsible for their deaths. Professional courtesy from one law-enforcement officer to another.

Still, that guard had to be hurting. Birch decided to hurt him a little more, and let off another burst into his chest.

Blast 'em: 13d6t5 5
pre:
Weapon       Acc   Damage  AP   Modes  RC        Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Uzi w/Ex     4(5)   08P    -1   BF     (1)       0–10/11–40/41–80/81–150

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Just walking at the moment.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Dess
Nuyen: 13000 TV Rating: 7.5 Armor: 13 Ammo: 36/38 RC: 2/3

Aiming through the short contraction of pupils, waning in from the sudden fizzle of halogen to bare starlight while her contacts swap to low light vision, sucking in a deep breath. The wolf man had her previous target in his sights, and a dashing cloak was filling her view from the middle, so she flips over to the seated guard, pushing a bullet his way as he tries to join the world of the standing.

Simple Action: Gate Guard 3 SA fire 17d +1 Take Aim: 18d6t5 6

No real work was going to get done from the embankment they were sitting on, and their specialists were already moving in on the field. Dess moves up behind the aryan android, though with a fair bit less enthusiasm, hunching down over her gun as she'd jog up towards the gatehouse, stopping if she reached the window to duck.

Free Action: Move(walk or run) max 12/24 meters, going to max or stopping at the window of the gatehouse
Simple Action: Take cover (If I make it to the gate house window)

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer


Matches
Nuyen: 280 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 23

As the gunfire continues to erupt around him, Matches runs straight for the fence, throwing his shoulder into it will all his weight behind it.

loving Orokos isn't loading ATM. I will try again in a bit. Do I need to roll to hit or just for DMG?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.

he knows...


Karl Bradford
Nuyen 2683 Rating 7
http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...1#post427111195

Initiative 28
Karl drops the launcher and swings his AK into action, dropping prone. He zeroes in on the largest concentration of guards and rips off a full auto suppressive fire burst in the area of gate guards, taking care to fire some of his bursts towards the towers and helicopters.

Suppressive Fire (Agility 6+Automatics 6(7) ) ACC[5]
I can not get Orokos to load, so QNinja please roll for me when you get to this. Please apply any situational modifiers as needed with these augments in mind. I assume the AK is not Smartlinked, but if it is please add 2 die and increase the Accuracy to 7. I will use whichever is better from Thermographic or Low Light, and the guards should have a penalty to resist since they don't know where the shooting is coming from unless they also have vision mods:
Cyberears 2
Cyberears Augments: Damper, Audio Enhancement 3, Spatial Recognizer, Select Sound Filter 2
Cybereyes 3 12000
Cybereyes Augments: Image Link, Smartlink, Flare Compensation, Vision Enh 3, Thermo, Low Light

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


I know this is going to slow things down, but please post in roughly initiative order once we get into one. It's going to make everyone's life simpler and avoid things like right now, where Karl is spraying the guard house with suppressing fire and Dess / Franz are running straight toward it. I assume y'all wants to change actions so as not to get shot.

Edit: After this charming rant by Cis, I'll say this about posting orders: if your actions aren't going to affect anyone else's life, just post. I will try my best to resolve things in the order that they happen, but with the caveat that if things get hairy, like in the above situation with suppressing fire, I may ask if you'd like to adjust your actions with some grace period. If that turns into a cluster gently caress, though, we're just going to initiative order.

@Seven Socks, ViscerusIgnea: y'all okay with rushing the (now under fire) gate house?

@bunnielab: Roll to hit, but any hits mean it works. You're mostly rolling for bonus damage.

@thelazyblank: I rolled your initiative for you. Hotsim Init: 5 Int + 3 Data Proc. + 4d6: 8+4d6 23




Suppressing Fire (AGI 6 + Auto 6 + Spec 2), Acc: 5: 14d6t5 6

The AK rounds eat into the concrete of the guard house, and shatter the windows. As you get within range and open fire, the guards see you through their thermographic eyes and two of them drop into the sand. The third, however, caught unaware by the attack, and your AK rounds plink roughly against his body armor as you spray the area.

The guards all have thermographic vision, and use interrupt actions to go prone.



As the lights at the facility go out, the starlight gleams across it, and your natural elf eyes pick out the shape of the second guard in the southwest tower. You compensate for the scope offset, taking your best guess at where the sights should actually line up, and squeeze another round out of the old Russian rifle. The guard hadn't even had a chance to react, taken completely by surprise from the attack, and the round buries itself into his skull and produces a fine, pink mist as he goes down.



Dess is up.

Karl : 28
Mr White : 24
Dess : 24
Nina: 23
Darius: 23
Franz: 19
Birch : 17
Roaming Guard : 13
Matches: 13
Bell: 13
NE Tower Guard 1 : 12
NE Tower Guard 2 : 11
Gate Guard 3 : 11 (2 Stun Damage Dealt)
Gate guard 2 : 15 - 5 => 10 (7 Stun Damage Dealt)
Gate guard 1 : 10 - 5 => 5
SW Tower Guard 1 : 14 Dead
SW Tower Guard 2 : 15 Dead

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Apr 5, 2014 around 20:00

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


If I'd be able to reach the front window of the gatehouse with a walk action (12 meters) I'd be plenty happy to move in under fire. If I can't, then I'll have to use a run action and would need to reroll my shot with the penalty anyways. So if distance<12m then fine, if distance>12m will redo.

EDIT:
Just for convenience etc. If I have to use a run action, my action lineup is

Free Action: Run (24m)
Simple Action: Fire SA Gate Guard 3 -2DP running: 15d6t5 4
Simple Action: Take cover (Gate house wall)

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at Apr 5, 2014 around 21:31

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Oh right, none of my poo poo matters to the combat directly, unless I'm getting shot at. Please don't let me get shot at.

Nina Walker
TV Ratings: 7.5


Nina jumps into the host in the virtual world, trying not to let the current situation bug her too much in the flesh. She points her Agent in the same direction, trying to get both of them into the host and ready to do some real damage.


Config:
-Sleaze 6, Attack 5, Firewall 5, Data Processing 3
Programs: Exploit, Sneak and Agent 5
Complex Action: Jump Into Host
Agent, Complex Action: Jump Into Host

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014


I think I'll run up to the kitchen building instead, and then lob my grenade next round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


@SevenSocks: Roll Reaction + Edge as per the rules for being in a Suppressed area (p. 179)

  • Locked thread
«16 »