Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«16 »
  • Locked thread
QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


If you two are going to keep this up, and I'm not saying you aren't allowed to argue on the internet, at least take it over to the OOC thread.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at May 20, 2014 around 02:57

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.



To keep this moving, I'm going to assume Matches spends his turn rigging some explosives.

Explosives: 11d6t5 3

You slap some explosives on the nearest helicopter. While you had hoped to start exactly at the guard depot, the way things were going it was seeming like sooner would be better than closer for getting this job done.



Gimmie like 2 hours on the map.

@Schizotek: If you have something you wanted to do with that last action, I'll still take it.


Initiative
Karl: 8
Mr White: 4
Dess: 3
Darius: 3

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Apr 14, 2014 around 18:21

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007




Mr. White/Tony
: 8380 TV Rating: 8.5
Edge: 3/4
Satisfied that all active threats are down. Mr. White picks up his binoculars and starts searching for the four of hearts, comparing the faces he might see in the windows to the card he has in his offhand. He mentally comms a friend.
"Just buzz what you can, detonate those armoury grenades, find me the room number of the target and fade away. If you come under duress just jack out and come back it another way. No biggie man.

Simple Action to Aim to use vision magnification on my binoculars, Simple Action to Observe in Detail. Free Action to comm my decker.
Mods active on the Binoculars: Vision Enhancement 2 (benefiting from my racial low light) and thermographic vision will be flipped on and off as needed to see if any IR signatures are hiding in rooms. I'll roll a main perception test and you can decide from there.

Modifiers on page 135. I'm calculating like this. 13 base (5 Int+4 skill+2 spec+2 vision enhancement)+3 (I'm specifically looking for people in the windows fitting her description. There are no explosions yet but a -2 modifier might apply for interfering sights/sounds from a blown out gate house. However I'm far out so I dont think the sounds of gunfire would effect me. Object is far away for -3 however I believe vision magnificationj will nullify that. 16 total dice. Visibility is not a factor unless i use thermographic to find someone through a wall in which case truncate a dice. Here goes.

Observe in Detail: Visual (Natural Low Light/Binoculars): 16d6t5 6
Mental Limit 5 so 5 hits total.



Shot: N/A
Mode: Semi Auto
Accuracy Limit: 8
Potential DV: 20
AP: -6
Next Shot Recoil Mod: N/A (Recoil will never be a factor so long as I aim before hand.)
Enemy Defense Modifiers: N/A

edit: I jacked up i'm supposed to be shooting at 19 cause heh -1 range. Just truncate the last dice which is a hit so 8 hits which is whats limited anyway. Note to self, -1 on all rolls till I get within medium range heh and start aiming.



Combat Block Jazzed Up

pre:
Initiative: 11+3d6 Armor: 15 (Chameleon Suit/Orthoskin Rating 4) THERMDAMP Rating 5/NONCON Rating 4
SILENT RUNNING: ACTIVE
PANSLAV ACTIVE: DRAGUNOV SVD/CHAMSUIT/SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0/SMARTLINK
THANK YOU FOR USING TRANSYS FOR ALL YOUR COMMUNICATION NEEDS.
Audio Mods: SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0
Other Notes: +1 Physical Limit
Duration of Jazz: 50 minutes
Side Effects: User will suffer the effects of disorientation (p. 409) for a duration equal to the duration of initial effect.


Note: Asterik denotes currently loaded ammo type
Unarmed Combat/Cyber Implant Combat:
Limit: 8
Damage: 10P/13P (-2 AP) with Spurs
Reach: N/A
Dice Pool: 14/16 with Spurs

Ranged Weapons:
Weapon       Acc    DP Damage AP   Modes  RC  Ammo       Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Dragunov SVD 6(8) 18/20 12P    2  SA (4/6)  N/A   (c)         050/51350/351800/8011,500
APDS*                   12P    -6  SA (4/6)  4/10  (c)         050/51350/351800/8011,500
Note: External Smartgun equipped with Vision Magnification, Bipod undermount.


Physical Damage: 12	Stun Damage: 10     Overflow: 4[8]

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer


Matches
Nuyen: 280 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 23
Not going to try and roll 3 dice to try and sprint, Matches clearly needs to hit the gym between missions

Complex Action: Set Demo Charge
orokos isnt letting me log in on my phone, I roll 11d6 plus the "take aim" bonus, is someone could roll for me that would be swell.

Seeing the asscannon fucks running, Matches pauses to set a charge at the chopper he is next to.

To the team: ::Charge set, center row, five in from the East edge, 9 second trigger, Keep loving clear!::

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!



Birch
Rating: 7.5
HC: 9/9
SC: 2/9

Birch, now considerably more exposed to enemy fire, decides that he would rather not take half a clip of assault cannon fire to the face before getting into reliable cover. As far as he can tell he hasn't been noticed yet, and he'd like for it to stay that way. He tries to keep the out of view of the guards now pouring out of the base, and blends in as well as he can given the circumstances.

Sneakins: 7d6t5 2

Which is to say not at all. Lets hope they're too busy to notice

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.

he knows...


Who exactly is still alive in terms of opposition?

Initiative
Karl: 8
Mr White: 4
Dess: 3
Darius: 3

I'll make my move tomorrow once things are clear.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



The 3 blue dots to the north of the choppers are the guards running scared from something, including one of the assault cannon guys. They came from the guard outpost to the east. Its kinda funny they are running towards the bullets though so I guess you can cut them up with gunfire if you'd like. Also 2 guys in the guard outpost itself and possibly the 2 NE tower guards who are heavily wounded. One of them might be dead, I know the sniper is near death.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 15, 2014 around 01:42

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Does the fact that I'm still on the initiative board mean you rejected the whole full defense interrupt thing or that you just wanted me to be able to change my mind here? Also I think I had the FN Har readied not the AK - which makes no difference damage or roll-wise, just for future reference.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.

he knows...


Karl Bradford
Rating 7 / Health 100%

Aiming at the three fleeing guards who aren't on the initiative track. Therefore, they get no interrupt actions to uncooly drop prone.

Complex action: Suppressive Fire
I consider these guys at Medium Range, 26-150 meters, (-1).
(Agility 6 + Automatics 9 - Range 1 = 14 die, max hits of 5)

Suppressive Fire roll, 3 fleeing guards: 14d6t5 4

These guards should be ventilated. My magazine has 18 rounds left.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.




I did the pathing yesterday and it's going to take about five more Combat Turns for Bell and Matches to plant the rest of the explosives and get out of the airfield. The guards are pretty well-suppressed at this point, and the only ones up are either running away inside away from Death's Ghost or reeling and nearly out from grenades. Instead of running through 15 more initiative phases, I'd like to ask everyone to give me a rough description of their actions over the next fifteen seconds (up to a total of 15 complex actions), and I'd like 4 demo rolls from Matches.

If y'all are super-interested in playing out these initiative phases, we can, but that seems painful to me.


@Arkangelus: I did totally forget your total defense action. Sorry.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer


Matches
Nuyen: 280 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 22 Edge 4/5

Demo check 1: 12d6t5 4
Demo check 2: 12d6t5 1
Demo check 2, Edge reroll: 11d6t5 5
Demo Check 3: 12d6t5 4
Demo check 4: 12d6t5 5

As the charges begin to blow around him, Matches pauses to light a cigar. It was good to be back out in the field and seeing some action. Its a loving shame he had to blow a buch a loving ny on that lovely rear end gun that he didnt even need to shoot.

Figuring that no one was likely to miss the ammo, he lets loose with a few long blasts into the cockpits of some of the less then totally destroyed choppers.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.

he knows...


To keep it simple, Karl picks up the spare magazine he dropped, runs back out the way he came, picks up the launcher, and keeps running to the meet point. Assuming there is no opposition, which you've indicated shouldn't be an issue at this point.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007




Mr. White/Tony
: 8380 TV Rating: 8.5
Edge: 3/4
"This is Shaitan to all callsigns. Primary objective appears to be well underway to being completed.
Repositioning for new task, out."
White says before killing his commlink and transmitting a blanket
Ares Blackops "Do Not Disturb" code. Extending a cable from the datajack in the back of neck and connecting it
directly to the smartlink on his SVD, White slips behind the dunes and goes to grab the rucksack he stashed
like 20 meters or so back, camouflaged with a tarpaulin. Grabbing his ruck and quickly stashing the tarp in
the ruck he hefts it onto his back and starts circling the base from the north before approaching quietly
searching for his target. His decker came through with the room number while this is happening so White will look
to take the shot on her and confirm the kill.

If necessary he will breach the building proper via a fire escape or backdoor and proceed directly to the
target's room and eviscerate her with his spurs. Any opposition he will avoid if possible, kill silently if not,
or kill loudly if he's forced into a potential firefight. After the target is confirmed KIA he will
escape and evade, trying to make dust-off with the team. If this is not possible he will proceed deeper into
Algeria to throw off any pursuers trails and try to hide out until he can request a dust-off.
Failing that he will force march the 14 hours or so to cross the border back to base or die in the process.

I will roll stealth/observe in detail tests later as requested. Just got into new orleans and spending
quality time with my little brother so yeah. brb


Combat Block Jazzed Up

pre:
Initiative: 11+3d6 Armor: 15 (Chameleon Suit/Orthoskin Rating 4) THERMDAMP Rating 5/NONCON Rating 4
SILENT RUNNING: ACTIVE
PANSLAV ACTIVE: DRAGUNOV SVD/CHAMSUIT/SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0/SMARTLINK
THANK YOU FOR USING TRANSYS FOR ALL YOUR COMMUNICATION NEEDS.
Audio Mods: SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0
Other Notes: +1 Physical Limit
Duration of Jazz: 50 minutes
Side Effects: User will suffer the effects of disorientation (p. 409) for a duration equal 
to the duration of initial effect.


Note: Asterik denotes currently loaded ammo type
Unarmed Combat/Cyber Implant Combat:
Limit: 8
Damage: 10P/13P (-2 AP) with Spurs
Reach: N/A
Dice Pool: 14/16 with Spurs

Ranged Weapons:
Weapon       Acc    DP Damage AP   Modes  RC  Ammo       Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Dragunov SVD 6(8) 18/20 12P    2  SA (4/6)  N/A   (c)         050/51350/351800/8011,500
APDS*                   12P    -6  SA (4/6)  4/10  (c)         050/51350/351800/8011,500
Note: External Smartgun equipped with Vision Magnification, Bipod undermount.


Physical Damage: 12	Stun Damage: 10     Overflow: 4[8]

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 16, 2014 around 14:51

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Darius
Nuyen: 9030 TV Rating: 8 Armor: 9 Ammo: 15/35 RC: 7/7 Condition: 0/11P 0/11S Edge: 2/3

Darius will probably suggest that Birch and someone else commandeer a vehicle or two, offer his medkit to Franz and Dess, and move the bodies of the guards in the gate house so that it can be detonated. Assuming that the team is letting the 3 runners go. If not then he'll shoot them and then do the other stuff in that order.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Still waiting on posts from thelazyblank / Schizotek / ViscerusIgnea. The jeeps may currently be hard to steal, because Nina's deck got fried so it may be hard to get marks on it to jump in. That said, if someone was ballsy/crazy enough, you could try to steal the keys from the guard shack or otherwise hotwire (Automotive Mechanic + Logic).

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014


Franz Talhoffer
Assets: 4500
Rating: 9



I'll be hunkering down, and covering the guard barracks.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Nina Walker
TV Ratings: 7.5


Nina will try to keep her eyes on the trouble possibly blocking their way out. Given how far out she is from everyone, and how terrible of a shot she is, she's going to try spotting over trying to actually shoot people. As soon as the team seems to be clear and/or found a way out, she'll focus more on the escape part, but with the same eyes and ears idea, choosing to shoot only as a last resort.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!



Birch
Rating: 7.5
HC: 9/9
SC: 2/9

Trying to sneak my way over to the jeeps to hotwire them. Didn't do so hot. Calculated the distance to travel being 73 meters, meaning I need to use all 5 turns to run over there.
Sneakinz: 7d6t5 1
Hotwire: 12d6t5 4

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.




The two of you rush through the sand, ignoring the occasional rapport of suppressing fire, as you hear shouts and tension from inside the guard shack. Whatever is going on, they seem to be fighting Bell's spirit and screaming in terror the whole time. In a little under fifteen seconds, though, the two of you have laid out the charges across the helicopter parking, and make it through the hole in the fence before either of you is really disturbed. Then Matches grinned, looking back, and opened up into the helicopters with his machine gun, loud and destructive, for maybe three second. Then you see a jeep come on, and start to rip away from the parking lot and out of the facility: Birch is driving!



You recover the spare magazines and the rocket launcher and ghost into the sand, leaving your team mates a bit behind as you push toward evac on foot. The proposed evac spot was your entry point, back the kilometer West, but with luck you'll be in the air before the charges blow.



We did the thing.



You get the medkit on Dess, and it gets to work patching up the larger holes while you cover Birch's movements. The dwarf goes for a jeep, ripping apart the ignition mechanism and piecing some wires together. You keep the FN trained on the door rubble of the guard output, but they seem really preoccupied with whatever those others went running from so you settle for a few bursts of suppressing fire. The situation seems to have gotten mostly manageable when the jeep jumps to life and Birch starts driving it out into the sand. While the others gather up, you pull the unconscious bodies away from the guard shack, clearing the area for clean demolition.



You cover the guard outpost with Darius, keeping them suppressed and inside while they deal with whatever thing it was that Bell did to them all. You hear more shouts, blood-curdling and full of fear, as you pop of the occasional burst of covering fire. Before long, Birch is at the jeep and stripping wires, and after another six seconds it comes to life and he's pulling away.



You hold your rifle, playing overwatch for the team and generally just reporting the entire team. You catch Bell and Matches appear from the rows of helicopters, and then Birch manages to hotwire a jeep and it looks like it's time to go. You make your way down the dune, climbing aboard.



It's an extended test, like opening a lock. You needed six hits, so I rolled the second try for you. It took you about six seconds to hotwire the jeep.
Hotwiring: 12d6t5 3

You slip across the darkness of the base, small and ungraceful, but both Darius and Franz send round after round at the fleeing and preoccupied guards, and it doesn't seem like any of them caught you. Then you're in the jeep, and you rip apart the ignition mechanism, finding the RFID reader circuit and jumping it. The ignition signal hits the jeep, and the engine coughs to life. It zips across the concrete and into the packed desert sand.



The whole job took maybe thirty seconds, start to end. The demolitions were planted, timers set for maybe five minutes, any with any luck at all the guards wouldn't even think to check that before it was too late. Birch had procured a jeep, and most everyone but Karl and Mr. White were within maybe a hundred meters of it, easy pick-ups. If Birch could drive at all, you'd be in the over-full jeep and back across the desert before the explosives even detonated. As you gather up for the exit plan, you see a few guards looking out the windows of the guard outpost, and a few shouts in Arabic as they attempt to better-coordinate themselves after the grenades, suppressing fire, and Death himself. Dess seems in slightly better shape from the medkit, but both her and Franz had taken a beating. And Nina smells like melted rubber and silicon.

Birch, if you would, give me a piloting check. What is everyone else doing?

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Apr 18, 2014 around 02:10

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!



Birch
Rating: 7.5
HC: 9/9
SC: 2/9

Even without being jumped in and still in shock from the trauma of the Kestrel's sudden death, Birch made driving look easy. He made the jeep crossing the sand feel like a Lexus cruising a freshly paved street. Well... Maybe that's an exageration, but not by THAT much. In some way driving rigless brought a bit of satisfaction to Birch. He made for the wounded spook first. Most of the unwounded team mates were relatively close anyway, and the idiotic trog with his idiotic gun could hoof it for all he cared.

Getting the gently caress out of dodge.: 15d6t5 5

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer


Matches
Nuyen: 280 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 22 Edge 4/5

Re-slinging the RKP over his shoulder, Matches leans back in the jeep and puffs contentedly on his cigar. It was damm good to get back in the field and blow some poo poo the gently caress up. He was especially happy with the msg his buddy Reggie sent him right before the mission. It was an advanced copy of the newest Ares arms catalog and there was some sweet motherfucking poo poo in there boy. The pay from this gig was going to buy some loving nice toys.

So on Monday I had a cabby who's manner of speech was pretty much exactly what I have been trying to do with Matches. Dude used "gently caress" so much the word lost all meaning and he spent the entire 20 min ride relating to me a list of all the bullshit he had suffered and exactly what motherfuckers had done what to him. It was pretty amazing.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Darius
Nuyen: 9030 TV Rating: 8 Armor: 9 Ammo: 15/35 RC: 7/7 Condition: 0/11P 0/11S Edge: 2/3

I think dess had called out for the demo of the guard house to erase DNA evidence. Dunno if that's still a priority. I guess Darius just jumps in the jeep since it's time to go.

Edit: No worries!

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at Apr 18, 2014 around 05:45

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Sorry, I missed that. Edited my post to fix it.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!


Nina Walker
TV Ratings: 7.5


Nina looks around at the group, smirking a bit. "That could have gone better. Still, job's done." She starts to do some diagnostic work on the deck, nothing technical, just trying to focus the parts that were the most burnt.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.




Birch drove cleanly, coolly pushing the jeep through the sand and collecting the rest of Squad A3 as the guards scrambled to regroup. And as they bailed, aboard the old tan vehicle, someone neatly planted a rocket into the dingy guard shack, the only place with any real concrete evidence, any blood. Then the team faded into the black, assault cannons shouting after them across the desert. The reporters were left with starlit silhouettes of Berber robing and AKs, photographing bullet holes and interviewing frightened soldiers when the explosions roar across the airfield. Ares' Alpha Company A3 was already lost in the Sahara when the SEMTEX went off, throwing steel and shrapnel into the air like so many pieces of chaff, and the explosions were barely audible in the serene desert night.

Dust-off was right on time, Polecat in the old Hughes exactly where he was supposed to be, and everyone was accounted for except for Mr. White. Polecat came over your comms, saying, "Y'all get on loaded up now. I had me a little chat with Mr. White, he's got somethin' else he's chasin' after this evenin'. Rest a' y'all will be right back in Tamanrasset in jus' a little under an hour. Ain't it grand?"

Aboard the last-century chopper, the team climbs back into the air and across the star-filled sky. A few of you were worse for wear, bullet holes and exhaustion setting in from the fight, but everyone made it out okay, and did the job. As the helicopter gained altitude, commlinks started buzzing: if there was anything Squad A3 learned, it was that Ares paid in full and on time, the five neat digits printed out across account deposit notifications. Not only that, but Ares' latest line of military-grade hardware had been pre-released to its employees. The press meeting on Wednesday would likely showcase much of the cutting-edge equipment, but you got a link right to the catalog.

Drop-off was quiet and unassuming, Polecat landing on Ares Training Facility B and slipping away once the squad was unloaded. It was a little after 1 a.m. by then, and the facility had apparently been reopened for business already. The Media Meet and Greet was in seven hours, but you had time...

What do you do?

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007


Darius
Nuyen: 29030 TV Rating: 8 Armor: 18 Condition: 0/11P 0/11S Edge: 2/3

OOC: Realized I forgot to roll to resist drain when we fastforwarded so here is that
Resist Drain - Attribute Boost: Agility: 11d6t5 4
Resist Drain - Attribute Boost: Strength: 11d6t5 1Close one

Darius was quiet the whole way back. He was happy the op was done with and hoped it was the last of the extracurricular activities they would be roped into. When the team disembarked he went straight to his gear and grabbed his bow. Some target shooting would hopefully let him escape from the recent chaos. He grimaced, realizing he probably wouldn't be able to sleep tonight and he had to play nice with the reporters in the morning.

Assuming everything goes smoothly Darius will spend a bit of time at the facility then head home. He'll set up a meeting with Aleksi for some time within the next couple days, and put in an order for more/new arrows. Other than that he'll read and try to get some sleep.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.

he knows...


Karl Bradford
Rating 7 / Nuyen: 22683

A job well done, Karl runs the Berber disguise through the nearest incinerator and smiles. "Another easy one," he exclaims under his breath as the rest of the crew mill about tending to their injuries. Karl sits back, kicks his feet up, and watches his commlink as 20,000Y appears in his secured account. A cool smile creeps across his face and he quickly squashes it to keep his stone look before anyone notices. ("Gotta keep it chill") he thinks as he closes his eyes and envisions Bear rampaging through the forest.

OOC: Do we have a karma reward?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer


Matches
Nuyen: 280 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 22 Edge 5/5

Once he is back at his bunk, Matches showers the dust off of himself and settles into bed with a stiff drink. He falls asleep with the ARO Ares catalog still floating in front of him, images of Gauss Cannons, ExExplosive ammo, and under-barrel flamers dancing in his head.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007




Mr. White/Tony
: 33,380 TV Rating: 8.5 Cards in the Deck: 51/52
Edge: 3/4

Touching down at Training Facility B at around 3 AM aboard a Little Bird type helicopter. White thanks the pilot who picked him out of the desert. His chameleon suit is stained with sand and the blood of others. He proceeds quickly into the facility to get his armor cleaned off and sanitized of DNA residue, paying particular attention to his cyberspurs. Anyone hanging about in Facility B will probably notice him moving about, he makes no effort to hide what he's doing. Its just business as usual to him.

Once he's cleaned up, he will change into the desert fatigues he had packed in his ruck, disassemble the SVD one way or the other while pocketing the bullets. Then he'll stash his ruck in his locker, and head on out to Medical. Once he's cleared by medical and probably given a light stimulant to get him through the day he'll fill out a scouting report for submission up to the Alpha Company commander regarding the S-K helicopters he saw. Transport choppers carrying a full HTR team that had light bending technology and rotors so quiet they were only heard a kilometer with the best in audio enhancement technology. And seen only when they were making ready to land in the compound.

Ruthenium or some poo poo it had to be. He could use some of that coating as well. He puts in a requisition for a new chameleon suit that showcases that technology, hopefully with some form of environmental adaptation. His old suit just won't do. After that, time to get a few hours of shuteye before the meet and greet.


Full Body Armor is the only suit that I can see in core that has an environmental adaptation. I want a custom made chameleon suit, tailor made to fit me and specially designed for the desert environment.
Base cost and mods for the suit I want made is as follows

Chameleon Suit with YNT Softweave Armor incorporated into the design - 3,400 (Increases capacity for mods by 50%)
Rounding down lets say it has 13 capacity
- Ruthenium Polymer Coating Rating 4 (20,000/Capacity -4)
- Thermal Damping Rating 6 (3,000/Capacity -6)
- Non-conductivity Rating 3 (750/Capacity -3)
- Helmet (100/Capacity 6)
- Helmet Mod: Audio enhancement Rating 3 (1,500/Capacity -3)
- Helmet Mod: Spatial recognizer (1,000/Capacity -2)
- Helmet Mod: Thermographic Vision (500/Capacity -1)
Total Cost: 30,250

I also already have the helmet from my current suit so I can save 3,000 by reusing the audio mods that are already in it.
What would you charge me to have this suit be specially designed for the desert environment we'll be operating in.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at May 13, 2014 around 21:53

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014


Franz Talhoffer
Assets: 4500
Rating: 9



Franz shudders as the Jazz begins leaving his system, relaxing into the nearest chair. He seems reluctant to move, preferring to just sit back and let the medics work on removing the bullets lodged in his leg. After being bandaged, dosed on enough morphine to get him walking, and chain smoking a pack of smokes, Franz sits out on the roof of the training facility, reflecting on his newfound prosperity, and exactly what to spend it on. A few revolvers catch his eye, but he shakes his head. Not enough bullets. Spotting Mr. White, he clambers down from the roof, and meets him inside.

"Aaah, back late I see. Trying to pull extra hours at ze office so you can get zat big bonus?!" He smiles, and leans himself on a wall. "Vell, ve are both off work, ja? Why don't we go piss away a little money at a good nightclub? Are you in mein kamerade?"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007




Mr. White/Tony
: 33,380 TV Rating: 8.5 Cards in the Deck: 51/52
Edge: 3/4

"gently caress it, I can sleep when I'm dead. Yeah lets go where were you thinking about?"

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013


Bell 'Casustic Bell' Underhilde



Body 12/12
Stun 4/10
Edge 3/3
Rating: 7
Nyugen: 28k
Karma 8
Eat, shower, and sleep, Bell winces over her exhaustion, trying not to pant, let alone gasp in breath while heading towards the common area. Ripping and tearing through an unidentified MRE for a little substance, hitting up the showers to get the sand and dust out of her, and then half-shambling, half-wincing over to her bunk, having no desire to do anything but catch a quick nap.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.




Roll for Insomnia if you're trying to sleep. Otherwise, you're going to be Fatigued in the morning.

You settle into your hotel room, skimming Paracreatures of the Lower Sahara, Volume II and trying to calm your mind. The chaos had you on edge, even now, and you were exhausted but too awake to fall into the peace of sleep. Less than a month ago, you were chasing scary but altogether beautiful creatures in UCAS streets for Knight Errant. Now you were on the other side of the planet, in a desert full of automatic fire and heavy body armor. This was the badlands, and you were here for at least four more months before escape.

Then your comm buzzed with a message from Aleksi. [Friend of Flintlock, I understand you are to be looking for pre-game goods. I am being free tomorrow, 6 p.m. Are you being free at that duration?] Flintlock hadn't mentioned he wasn't a native English speaker, but that text didn't seem promising.



You take a moment to relax with a nice chunk of hazard pay in your account. It would be money well spent, that was sure. And you felt the kind joy of Bear, teasing the rage out of you. There'd be dreams tonight, dreams of blood and power and fury tonight, that was sure. And then something else, as you head for your hotel room: the scent of another bear. You see her across the hotel lobby, an Russian-looking adept plastered in Evo Corp logos. And she's staring back at you. Your bed beckoned, but this could be interesting, too...

Yup, check below.



You hit the medbay first, and before you could intercede in your post-Jazz haze someone had shoved a needle into you that instantly sobered you up, like human draino. Then the nurse smiled and said, "There you go, nice synthetic Ares has been working on. It deals with the addiction, but you don't get the effects. It'll keep you sober the next twenty-four hours, blocking the neuroreceptosr in your brain that the drug latches onto. You can't take another hit until it wears off, though."

Your head fresh, body repaired, memo filed, requisition sent, you scrub down and catch up with Franz, heading into the cool night of the bustling city, Then your comm goes off: a message from Mrs. J, sent over the Ares encrypted channels.

pre:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
From: Mrs. Johnson / No Affiliation 
Sent: 8:15 PM Local Time.
To: [Redacted]

Mr. White,

S-K data noted and filed. Expect memos soon. Requisition is, unfortunately,
denied. Try again in two weeks or attempt to acquire it on-site. You're in one
of the largest arms markets in the world, consider exploiting this fact.

-- Ms. Johnson

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
mQENBFNVnhcBCACpju0W6YMYoW7Ye8XEPZ6xfNNzClA/EG/CoaSP/5MLvFrtDtmo
FaXckKIKOTb/Qby33/DuF0joK/jdL3lix/e0t9WWmmyDjfHmlggqFiiQY1jWnDKX
Bgn4y/sRVazVWsdlulFD1bGzBzemGH6R29QO1UvosLkBDQRTVZ4XAQgA1si0eLol
RqY49WW4UlS1OrfMdkRBH5GUZ4cMMXQI4lMCPIxj9G0niN3wWJIi82bU8KUIlkXg
q4M+npd3uzpiEaFLKfYFx0+cEPztXndkgHEnlCQdfLJTnyRJqlBNqRK8D5dB9FE5
MWMLhFNcSYaJKn01sUT9R2I=
=tWEp
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
It looked like Ms. Seattle had failed you again. It wasn't the first time she had let you down, and at least this isn't like that time in Redmond with the white phosphorus. She was right, though: on the way to your hotel, you got a few nods from people in the streets. That interview you did gave you some juice. Not, you know, a lot, but it's amazing what being a Desert Wars competitor can do for your innate charisma.

We round down. Updated chamsuit is Cap 13, 17 Avail (10 + 4 Softweave + 3 Env). You should also note that the Polymer doesn't cover the helmet. If you're trying to find this on the streets, roll Cha + Negotiation + TV Rating. The delivery timetable is one week, as per the table on p. 418. However, every two net hits against the avail reduces the delivery time by one day for the one-week delivery. (To clarify, see this post about house rules for availability.) Also, an armorer is going to want 300 nuyen (10%) to move the mods over, unless you can convince a team mate to do it or wait until the games start and convince the Ares armorer to do it. Unfortunately, your fixer back in Seattle failed to get anything together.



The jazz takes far too long to wear off, longer than they claimed. Sure, the high was gone after the first hour, and the ringing and buzzing after the second, but between the bullet holes and the sand it took you a bit longer than that just to feel human again. The doctors in the medbay took care of you, though, hitting you with something they claimed would 'take the edge off' while they dug the bullet out of your leg.

By the time you were out of surgery, showered and ready to leave the training facility, you ran into Mr. White. Then you two were out in the bustling city streets of one of the most sin-filled placed in the planet. When in Rome, right? And this city was definitely the best Rome you had ever been to, better than the one in Italy.



You two end up in a night club, something with a name neither of you can pronounce. You didn't pick it for the name, but for the lavish black marble covering every inch of the wall and floor. And the fact that it was three stories tall didn't hurt. The techno raged, full of deep bass and female vocals, and the club had two deckers actively fighting each other on a huge projection screen, somehow synchronized to the music. There were people of every type drinking and dancing, and you saw more than one person selling neatly-pressed pills in an assortment of colors. Whatever that technicolor assortment of drugs did, the dance floor seemed to thrive on it, with tripped-out trolls staring slack-jawed at cybered-up elves and a whole assortment of decker-types on the edge of the action placing bets on the battle.



Mark 8 Karma.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer



Matches
Nuyen: 5480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 22 Edge 5/5 Karma: 8

code:
Spending Money: 20k Starting

Upgrades for owned Stoner-Ares M202
Upgrading Explosive ammo to ExExplosive: 2400
Underbarrel Flamethrower attacment:      2400

Incendary Grenades, 200Y per, 50c:     10,000
(for Launcher)

-----------------------------------------------
                               TOTAL:  14,800
                            


 
Spending Karma:

Running 1:    2
Automatics 1: 2	
Sneaking 1:   2
Gunnery 1:    2
---------------------
       TOTAL: 8

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007




Mr. White/Tony
: 33,380 TV Rating: 8.5 Cards in the Deck: 51/52
Edge: 3/4

Trying to enjoy the nightlife with Franz, Tony keeps frowning behind his mirrorshades as he rereads the message he received back from Mrs. J.
"I need to get some specialist gear Franz. You know what ruthenium polymer is right? Lets go hit the VIP and see if any of the people up there can give us a lead on where we need to go. And while we are at it, make some new friends. What do you think my german friend? We're the two most highly rated members of the team, lets make it work in our favor."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 22, 2014 around 01:30

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014


Franz Talhoffer
Assets: 4500
Rating: 9



Jerking and pulsing with the music, Franz lets himself free into the music, whirling into the crowd with a grin, still feeling a slight buzz from the opiates in his system. Splitting off from the group of revellers as White begins speaking, his shades reflecting back White's own in an infinite recursion of mirrors.

"Jawohl, ze music here is cooling off. Rusenium? I have used it in ze past, mostly for vetvork. But I left all my old equipment in Hamburg. Vell, what are ve vaiting for? Let's go introduce ourselves."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.




Up the stairs of the night club, you find an odd assortment of people, ranging from coat-lined drug dealers to riggers betting nuyen on microdrone battles complete with tiny lasers. And then you find who you're looking for on the third floor, behind a roped VIP section and two troll razerboys: businessmen in 30-thousand Vashon suits playing Chiba Hold'Em for 50 thousand a hand. They were Shiawase head to toe, from the teched-out trolls to the platinum-crafted wristwatches. If there was anyone in here that could get you what you needed, it was these men.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.

he knows...


QuantumNinja posted:




You take a moment to relax with a nice chunk of hazard pay in your account. It would be money well spent, that was sure. And you felt the kind joy of Bear, teasing the rage out of you. There'd be dreams tonight, dreams of blood and power and fury tonight, that was sure. And then something else, as you head for your hotel room: the scent of another bear. You see her across the hotel lobby, an Russian-looking adept plastered in Evo Corp logos. And she's staring back at you. Your bed beckoned, but this could be interesting, too...



As cool and confidant as someone with Charisma 2 can be, Karl makes his way through the lobby and slides into the barstool next to the female adept. He scans the room to make sure he's not stupidly walking into a trap (adrenaline still running high and Bear smelling blood); the security in the dorms is pretty tight but after years of heavy combat and loud explosions he's learned to always keep his reflexes on edge, for good or bad. After all, paranoia is one of the strongest emotions, especially for someone who has practically seen it all.

"Buy you a drink?" he motions to the female adept. "Shardik sensed one of his own."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!



Birch
Rating: 7.5
HC: 9/9
SC: 2/9

Birch needs some sleep to counter the disastrous effects of that dumpshock. He'll reconfigure his RCC in the morning. Needed to get some biofeedback filters. Couldn't have his skull pounding like this after every encounter. And maybe a half decent rotodrone this time... Yeah. But sleep first.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at Apr 22, 2014 around 12:17

  • Locked thread
«16 »