Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. White/Tony
¥: 33,380 TV Rating: 12.5 Cards in the Deck: 51/52
Edge: 0/4

At Medical

quote:

You get the IV, but the nurse is hesitant to feed you any more of the nodose. "Look, as far as I can tell, you've consumed six different drugs in the last hour. I don't know what you need to be more awake for, but I'm not about to give you a lethal dose of this stuff to get you through training. Now I can write you a note, let you get out of team training early, but there's no way I'm feeding you more of that go-drug with that much of a jazz hangover."

"I've been at the meet and greet for the last few hours how the gently caress am I gonna pop 6 different drugs in an hour. I took 3 doses of Jazz last night, came back here and got the synthetic from you guys. Went out to party, took some designer poo poo. It was breathstrips or something, felt like amphetamines and molly mixed in, a hallucinogenic type thing but thats worn off. Finally the nodose you gave me when I came back in here a few hours ago. Thats it, go run a tox screen on me if you don't believe me. Infact get me the duty doc I want to be examined. I did the firewatch light course before coming out here they told me don't loving stop till you're dead. And I ain't dead yet!" Mr. White says to the Nurse.

"Sorry for getting fresh with you like that but I'm no gold bricker and I don't want Top or Commander Guetti looking down at me because I missed training. At the very least if you can't hook me up and keep me going, get me a full SIQ chit and let me call Top. I ran into some corporal from Recon at the meet and greet. I can get some training with them tommorow and make up today. You think that can work?"

In the desert

quote:

The phone call doesn't go as planned: the encryption kicks in, and the phone rings a few times, replaying bounce noise after bounce noise, but after eight rings the operator comes back on the line. "We're sorry, sir. Your current account executive is unavailable. They are currently out of range on a suborbital flight. Would you like to leave a message, or shall I leave a notification of your calling?"

"Yes, leave a message for the account executive, tagged as Urgent. Message as follows: Followed previous order to make requisition on site, made contact with Shiawase executives, one of which I believe could be an VIP. Promised next gen Shiawase prototype in exchange for poker winnings and 20k from my personal account. I offered the usual aftermarket security package to see their reactions. Unsure if they took, however further introductions promised after my quality has been proven to this executive. Possibly introduction to someone named Kiyomoto mentioned. Also recruited another Ares soldier into my cell as well. Request instructions on any followup action to be taken. Will proceed as planned to determine if an in with Shiawase is viable to determine their interests during the Desert Wars."

He hangs up the call after the message is confirmed and he drives back to his hotel, returning the rental car and either going to sleep till 7 or continuing with his training and keeping up appearances. Either way he'll meet back up with franz after seeing the decker and doing some research on this kiyomoto fella. It'll be time for a mini run on these shiawase guys and either way, they are getting that loving suit.

Checking for tails during the entire process of heading out to the desert and on the way back from that call.
Perception: Visual (Mirrorshades): 13d6t5 4
Perception: Visual (Mirrorshades): 13d6t5 3
Perception: Visual (Mirrorshades): 13d6t5 7 Limit reached
Perception: Visual (Mirrorshades): 13d6t5 5

That should be sufficient I think for covering my rear end every step of the way. I dunno how to use sneaking when it involves driving and losing tails. Let me know what rolls you would want for that.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Nina Walker
TV Ratings: 9.5

Nina smirks at Oz, looking at some of the action. "Sure, but only one. I know you don't care too much about what's going on up there, but it'll be kinda shifty if we miss too much. Still, could use some extra money on the side."

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

The nurse grimaces at you, but sends in the duty doctor with a mutter. He shows up, shines a flashlight in your eyes, and asks you about your drug habits over the last few hours. When you relay your Fear and Loathing drug trip to the duty doctor, he signs and writes you an SIQ. "Look, you go pass the gently caress out, I'll make sure the guy in charge gets a heads up that you're going to be out of dodge. But you come in here after partying all night again, looking for another SIQ, I'm going to make you tough it out."

On the way back, you leave the message, and then it's time to crash and then stress about the hole you've gotten yourself into and how you plan to get yourself out. But you've got at least eight hours to kill, so sleep might actually be a good idea.

Within five more minute, you're hooked into a deck and simmed into a fight. You watched decker after decker take hits, but there are a lot of small fries here compared to you. The game starts up, and your icon gets dumped into the custom host on this custom deck, fast as hell, and you're ready to burn.

The deck has stats 11/10/9/8, and you get any six programs you'd like, agents up to rating 5. Name your initial configuration, decide if you're hot-simmed, and roll initiative.

Your negotiations go poorly, and she talks you up to [3500 per Force point], then gets to work on your arm. It hurts, but she offers you several drams of strange Algerian liquor, refined in a gourd. It dulls the pain, but not entirely, and as you wince she says, "Yes, yes. It will hurt, but the pain is part of the reward. Nothing comes without a cost, and my work is more honest about its cost than most. You are of the wolf, and it shows, but the anger itself will carry you far. I see the desert becoming your home, like the foxes that live there. You will do well."

As she talks, she slowly and ritualistically scars your skin, peeling away just enough to leave the marks but not enough to draw serious blood. Band and Jared start to talk about their own plans for the games, trying to ignore her work. Aftwards she bandages it up, sealing the wounds against the sand and weather, and asks for her payment.

@ViscerusIgnea: I still need Franz' contacts.

@Karl, bunnielab, Schizotek: Anything you wanna do during lunch?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 5480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 15 Edge 5/5 Karma: 0

After eating, Matches retires to his room and begins on a little project. See, despite his incredible rage over the whole "blown the gently caress up by a faulty proximity fuse" thing, Matches was always willing to learn from even unpleasant experiences. And what he learned from that incident was, in addition to loving up the operator, point blank ranged explosives really really great way to turn a squad of rebels into some flaming loving paste. But now, thanks to modern cyber-medicine and some fancy loving armor, Matches was pretty confidant in his ability to shrug off a pretty incredible amount of damage. But there are still those pesky fuckin proximity fuses. But he has plans for dealing with that.

I assume this is an extended test of some kind, I have a LOG+Armor(Heavy Weapons) at like 10d6, just let me know what to roll for. He will start with like a mag of HE, Frag, and WP grenades each, doing more as time permits.

This is an awesome plan btw and will not go wrong at all.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I sleep for 8 hours naturally.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
@bunnielab: I'm not certain what you're trying to do, but I'm going to say it's quick and average, so 10 minute intervals and target 12 for each magazine.

@CisMaleTheSensitiv: If it's okay with you, I'm going to run your scenes for the evening concurrently with the rest of the team's afternoons to help expedite things.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

QuantumNinja posted:

@CisMaleTheSensitiv: If it's okay with you, I'm going to run your scenes for the evening concurrently with the rest of the team's afternoons to help expedite things.

Thats fine by me.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

QuantumNinja posted:

@Karl, : Anything you wanna do during lunch?[/i]

No, I want to just prepare for the next mission. Don't need to buy anything, spend karma, or engage in any uncomfortable social situations. This is the goon way.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius
Nuyen: 15030 TV Rating: 11 Armor: 18 Condition: 0/11P 0/11S Edge: 1/3

Darius smiles at her prediction and replies: "Isn't the Arabian Wolf pretty much extinct these days?"
After the process is finished he pays her, thanks her, asks her if she knows anything about the parazoology of the area, and heads to training.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

As you pay the women the nuyen, she nods at you and gives you another piercing look. The whole trip has been surreal, and your arm aches with the fresh wounds as you start to head out with Bang and Jared. Bang looks the bandage over and asks, "So how did that go? She's a trip, isn't she? But she does good work. What'd you get?"

As the three of you head back down the dried riverbed, you see five, maybe six people wandering up it, gruff-looking punk types with mohawks and gang colors. Jared motions to them, and Bang nods at him. Then he says, "Looks like trouble. Sometimes people come out here, try to rob people visiting the witch. She deals in enough money, they figure they can take it off of us. What do you think, Darius? Should we leave these fuckers in a pool of blood or what?"

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

You get back to your room and crash hard, the drugs lingering long enough to make falling asleep a bit of a chore. But the rest is good, deeper than normal after the come-down. The next thing you know, though, isn't waking up, rested, in your bed: it's rough arms grabbing your shoulders, ripping you away. Your eyes snap open to find yourself surrounded by six, maybe eight Ares Firewatch troops. Two of them have Alphas trained on you, and three more are man-handling you out of your bed. Behind them, through the crowd of military commandos, you see her: Mrs. Johnson is supervising the abduction, an Ares Predator in her left hand, and her right hand up to her mouth, making the sign for you to be quiet. You feel the handcuffs clip around your wrists. What do you do?

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius
Nuyen: 15030 TV Rating: 11 Armor: 18 Condition: 0/11P 0/11S Edge: 1/3

"Honestly, I get more than my fill of putting the hurt on things at my day job. But I ain't no punk neither. If they're stupid enough to to try to hustle us I guess we'll be forced to make this little corner of the world a better place. Would serve them right. That said," Darius nods at Jared here "if we can scare them off with a light show and intimidation I'll be satisfied."

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 9, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. White/Tony
Edge: 1/4

White doesn't resist, no point when two guns are pointed at him and 9 people are in the room with him. He's caught but theres still one thing he can do. He shuts down his commlink to reset it. Then as the abduction continues, he mentally comms franz and sends a short text message to warn him. [Firewatch just picked me up, 8 men and my Mrs. J. Go to ground and kill this guy before you do! Torch the room!] giving him the address and room number of the Decker that he was going to meet earlier. Loose ends always get cut. He also scans the room trying to make note of his surroundings. Like have they changed? Is it still the same room he went to sleep in, any identifying marks on the Firewatch soldiers, and he keeps an eye trained on Mrs. J. This is a hell of a way to say hello.

Observe in Detail: Visual: 11d6t5 5

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 10, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina checks the rig out, looking at it from the side. "Where'd they get these? drat things probably worth enough to buy three of mine."

Nina quickly picks out her setup, trying to grab whatever she needed quickly before getting things going. She set up an agent, not bothering to try too many against a mystery opponent.

Deck Setup:
Firewall 11/Attack (11) 10/Sleaze 9/Data Processing 8
Programs: Agent 5, Armor, Hammer, Decryption, Mugger, Guard
Going Hot-Sim: Initiative: 4d6+13 25

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 10, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

QuantumNinja posted:

Rating 10
Nightengale walks with you through the streets, past skyscrapers into the smaller homes of the area, old ones made of crumbling mud and white stone. Within thirty minutes of walking, you come to a larger one, and she points. "It's there. They call it the 'Watching Hut', because people say that they see people looking out of the windows all the time. It's technically closed to the public, but I was wondering if you could do something to make us a little... less visible. What do you think?"

You can definitely feel some sort of aura coming off of the building, but it isn't clear what's there.

"I think you are going to owe me quite a bit, that is what I think," Bell shakes her head, annoyed beyond measure, "But sure, I can do 'something' to make us a little less invisible so we can take a look to see who is suppose to be looking at those that look at them."

The belligerent dwarf clasps her hand and closes her eyes, wishing that she still had a crepe while getting ready to take a peek at the place in her astral form.

ooc:Analyze Magic: 12d6t5 : 4 hits then hitting up the astral plane
Assensing: 9d6t5: 1 hit spending Edge to reroll 8d6t5 0
Perception: 8d6t5 : 2 hits
Drain from Analyze Magic: F(6) - 3 9d6t5: 3 hits, no drain

AmyL fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 10, 2014

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014
Franz Talhoffer
Assets: 24500¥
Rating: 15

Contacts , Hariq (Ares Middle Management), DWFanatic (Vlogger): 2#1d4 4 1

With the Nurse

Franz rubs the back of his neck, smiling. "Ja, ve vent out and partied a little last night. Zey certainly have strong hallucinogens here, don't zey? Mein Gott, like a sledgehammer to ze frontal cortex. I saw sounds, had a gutte time. Herr White, he did not take to zem so vell. Zey were little shiny breath strips, very flash. Inhale zem, and it makes everysing light up. Afraid I can't be more specific, I vas not given a name, street or ozervise."

Franz stands, dry swallowing the red pill. "So, doktor. Are you not supposed to offer me a blue pill as vell? Or are you just zat desperate to get me in ze Matrix?"

He laughs, and with a grin to the nurse, bounces off at a quick jog. "Auf Wiedersehn, Mein Fraulein!"

Afterwards
Franz spends some time chilling out in the streets, wandering around, listening to Hardcore Trollstep. After a pleasant few hours relaxing in the sunshine, eyeing up the local women, and drinking 2-3 caffeinated soda's to keep himself alert, Franz heads over to the Training pickup.

ViscerusIgnea fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 10, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

You realize you're still in your room, and these guys are Ares Europe from their patches and the dirt on their shoes. The Firewatch throws you in hand cuffs and leg cuffs, gagging you and sliding a black sack over your head before you go anywhere. They carry you out of your room and into the elevator at the end of the hall, and from there it's sort of hard to tell where you are going: it feels like you are moving up, but when you step off you are taken up some stairs and through a few rooms with cold floors. Then there's a breeze, and you are shoved into a chair. The sack is pulled off, and you find yourself on a huge terrace, your back to the railing that might double as a balcony if you're a toddler, and Mrs. Johnson has her Predator against your forehead. You're still gagged and surrounded on three sides (the fourth being a scary drop) when she starts.

"Now what in the gently caress are you doing here, Tony? You aren't some shadowrunner out here in the desert with Ares footing the bill. You aren't here to make connections and try to find the highest bidder for your skill set: you already did that, and you signed a neat little contract with Ares to that effect. And now I've got reports of you partying with Shiawase executives, and asking the decker I gave you to cut up a tape that contains footage of a classified Ares operation in order to sell it to them? And in exchange for what, some deltaware they'll never even be able to furnish you? And then I get a phone call twelve hours ago telling me to catch the next suborbital out here and that I'll have a Firewatch squad to deal with you so that Ares Europe doesn't have to clip you before the games start."

Mrs. Johnson loosk exasperated, like she can't really believe you put her in this situation, but her eyes get colder and she pushes the barrel a little harder into your forehead. "You might be unclear, so let me explain: I hire criminals, but I employ professionals. And professionals don't go violating contracts and double-crossing me while they work. Now stop acting like a goddamned shadowrunner, you dumb gently caress. Are you dense or something? You are no longer a gun for hire. You signed a contract with several non-compete clauses. If I'm not making myself perfectly goddamned clear, I loving own you, you little poo poo. I told you to loving buy a chamsuit, not sell out your squad and use the assets I provided you to gently caress Ares over. Now do you have anything to say for yourself, or should I just put the bullet in your head and make it home in time for dinner?"

One of the soldiers on your left rips your gag down.

Bang laughs and Jared grins at you. "drat, I like the way you think, Darius. Let's spook 'em!"

As you head closer, a few of them start hollering at the three of you, asking about money and 'seeing the Witch'. Bang and Jared each produce Ares Executioners from their rucksacks, and Jared offers you a Predator V as the group crowds in. These guys look the part for a street gang, wearing blue mohawks and tattoos and patches in Arabic that make them look like they're part of a larger organization. They're armed with the best in Desert Wars street gear, with gold-plated and chrome-covered heavy pistols and submachine guns. They come to a stop maybe twenty feet away, eying your weapons, and one of them demands your wallets in heavily-accented English. Bang tells him to gently caress off, and there's an uncomfortable moment as you all size each other up. Bang throws you a glance and shrugs his shoulders a little, the Executioner gripped tight in his hands, and you can feel Jared starting to gather his magic together.

Either roll initiative or try to talk your way out of this. Bang and Jared have your back either way.

Nightengale rolls her eyes and flashes you a wry smile. "Sure, hun, whatever you say. I'll make sure your nights in the desert are exactly as comefortable as you want. If that's okay with the Stonecutters, I mean."

How the hell did you get talked into this? You flit your eyes over the place, murmuring a phrase as you pull magic into your astral senses and taki in the place. You can see some astral signatures adrift inside, strange auras that don't match any you've seen before. They might have been spirits, or people, or maybe they really were ghosts---whichever it was, this place really was haunted. The subjects seem intact, with immense Magic and Force (both are at 7), but you still can't quite pick the signatures out: they look like Man Spirits, but somehow decayed, like shadows of human auras instead of freshly-summoned ones. There are four in the building in all, and little else: someone had stripped the copper wiring, probably to sell for drugs, and it wasn't like any government agency could place cameras on the building without risking them being stolen and sold off. As you come back to reality, Nightengale is watching you. "So, what's up? We doing this?"

The deck jumps, fast and responsive, as you get your kit together and jack into the the game. You can feel the power in the machine, buzzing through the cord down the datajack to your brain, as it pours binary at you. Your opponent lights up, too, and you find your icon across from his, some play on a Bishop chess piece, his agent floating nearby. You remember the rules explaination: Two deckers enters, one decker leaves. Every three seconds, the host will spawn an neutral IC that will attack whatever it can, opportunistically, to keep things from turning into a stalemate. There other rules were pretty simple: you jack out, you lose; you die, you lose; you hop out of the host, you lose.

The buzzer sounds, and before you can get into motion the other decker comes at you, double-quick, and starts trying for marks---or something.

Roll Int + Firewall against 7, then against 6 to avoid the Hack on the Fly attempts.

Recall the modification to the Matrix Rules, where Brute Force and Hack on the Fly are complex actions, but everything else is a Free or Simple action (the first is Free, the rest are Simple). Also, since the rules are dumb, I'm gonna say that Data Spike requires one mark on the target (because seriously). We'll do something else about Disarm Data Bomb, etc., later, if it ever comes up.

Initiative
Decker + Decker's Agent: 28
Nina + Nina's Agent: 25

The lunch-time stroll is relaxing, and you can feel that red upper hit your system and make you a little jumpier. +1 Reaction until you sleep. All in all, you feel a lot better after all of the soda and sunlight, ready to head out to Training. On your way across the city, you see a number of deals, people selling everything from sex robots seated right in the Uncanny Valley to hand-crafted submachine gun rounds to designer drugs like the ones you consumed only hours ago. Even the soda came in a technicolor of selection. As you're ordering one, someone approaches you and asks, "Hey, you're Ares, right?"

When you turn to look, you see a gun pointed back at you.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 11, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. White/Tony
"You and me been working together for a while Jenaveve. Its been what a year now, some close calls, a wild night in LA after too much champagne. The only thing we got in this business is trust. You didn't put me on this gig because you needed some random trigger puller. You wanted a black operative. You know I do wet work and I do espionage, I swim with sharks and come back up dry with the goods no matter what. So if you believe that anything I've done up to this point hasn't had Ares and your personal interests at heart you know what you gotta do. Let me do my job Jenaveve, move me up to someone that can handle me, or well you know." Tony leans his head back and putting the barrel of the Ares predator in his mouth and biting down. His blue eyes looking at her without blinking, without fear. If she doesn't pull the trigger on him in the next half a second, he'll break free of his restraints and take that gun from her though.

Unarmed Combat Disarm: 14d6t5 5

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 11, 2014

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014
Franz Talhoffer

Initiative: 13+2d6 21

In the streets
"Scheisse..." Franz acts on reflex, following his Firewatch training, and stepping inside his opponents weapon arm, to subdue him with a triangle arm lock. From both his knuckles, his cyberguns extend, already preparing themselves to fire.

Arm Lock (Subdual test): 12d6t5 4

OOC: This guy needs to defend if able, and then if I still get through, his Phys Limit against my STR+Net hits, if I win, he gets completely immobilized.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius
Nuyen: 15030 TV Rating: 11 Armor: 9 Condition: 0/11P 0/11S Edge: 1/3

"It's a sad day when six punks come up and ask me for money. Especially when all the while these same punks think that six to three is good odds for them." Darius addresses his friends but makes sure that the would-be-robbers can hear the statement.

Turning to the robbers he continues: "Who exactly taught you to rob the Awakened? You must have had the bright idea yourselves since I don't see it working out too well in practice. Or did you think we were visiting her just for a love charm? Leave now, you'll live to fight another day. Stay, no promises. Like I was just telling my buddies I do enough killing for my day job, but I do kill for my day job. "

Darius pauses and then his eyes light up. "You know what, you want proof that we'll wipe the floor with every single one of you, someone man up right now and trade a punch with me. Then again if any one of you was man enough to step to me he probably wouldn't be rolling with five girlfriends."

OOC: No skill in intimidation/diplomacy/whatever and 1 charisma so if there's a roll to intimidate them/convince them/do this eloquently then auto-failure. Not going to use edge for it. Also I assume that Darius is still wearing the Ares Victory get up and that he has at least his knucks with him. Are those fair assumptions?

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Bell 'Casustic Bell' Underhilde

Body 12/12
Stun 4/10
Edge 2/3
Rating: 7 + 3(TV Interview)
Nyugen: 28k
Karma 8

"No, gently caress no, hell no, no way, not at the moment," Bell shakes her head vehemently, shaken a bit by her trip in the astral plane over how little she was able to gleam, "We go in right now and we won't be come back out again. That place is not only haunted but it is waiting for suckers like us to go in."

She inhales sharply, trying to calm herself down, "Look, if you really, really want to go in even if I said not to, at least find out more about the place and bring me back so I can do a more in-depth look. I know you will go in anyway without me but please, please, I'm beginning you, at least find out more about it."

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 5480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 14 Edge 5/5 Karma: 0

Most bigger things that launch and go boom have a fuze that only lets them arm when they have flown a set distance from the launcher to prevent the operator from getting caught in the blast. Matches would like to insure that his grenades are free to explode whenever he wants them too.

Modding HE Mag 1:
Target 12
10 Min Interval
Grenade Surgery (Log+Demo): 11d6t5 5
Grenade Surgery (Log+Demo): 11d6t5 2
Grenade Surgery (Log+Demo): 11d6t5 4
40 Min Total.

Modding Frag Mag 1:
Target 12
10 Min Interval
40 Min Total.

After nearly an hour and a half hunched over the desk in his room, Matches stops and surveys his handywork. Not fuckin bad. But even with Ares being fuckin reasonable enough to provide decently sized furniture his neck was still cramped. Matches was a good bit over 2 meters tall and it had been years sense passed 250 kilos. Huge for an ork, but smaller then a troll, uncomfortable furniture was just one more loving thing that existed to piss him off.

In any loving case, it was time for some lunch. Matches strapped on his flamer to his belt where most people wore a sidearm and put on his old armored vest, the one with the inside pocket for his cigar holder and the small, .5 kilo charge of semtex he always carried, mostly because it amused the gently caress out of him, but hey, never know when something needs blowing the gently caress up. He found that open carrying the flamer and leaving his huge, armored arms exposed tended to provide a nice subtle loving hint to any one he encountered to leave him the gently caress alone.

Sadly it seemed to have the same effect on the fuckin ladies, but poo poo, no accounting for loving taste I guess.

Matches is looking for somewhere that serves real fuckin meat and beer in a properly large fuckin glass, preferably where he can sit outside and smoke.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Nina Walker

Nina taps a few times as she tries to put together a decent defense to this initial attempt to sneak past her security protocols. She starts rotating her open ports, just enough to allow her to get herself back on track. Giving up on the subtle approach, in a one on one, sometimes it makes sense to just try to break down the front.

She taps away at her deck, giving her agent commands to work on clearing out her own security issues, while she feeds more and more information just to get something through the security protocols of her opponent.

Complete aside, but you wrote "one decker enters, two deckers leave" in the description for the games here. Which led to me thinking I was too tired last night to make a coherent post. Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning well rested and I saw the same thing. THIS IS A DECKER CLONING FACILITY BEST OF THE BEST.

Deck Setup:
Firewall 11/Attack (11) 10/Sleaze 9/Data Processing 8
Programs: Agent 5, Armor, Hammer, Decryption, Mugger, Guard
Defense Roll #1 (16): Defense vs On The Fly #1: 16d6t5 5
Defense Roll #2 (16): Defense vs On The Fly #2: 16d6t5 5
2 marks, and 1 hit on the Matrix Perception bonus.
Brute Force Nina (14): Brute Force: 14d6t5 6
Erase Mark Agent (10): Erase Mark: 10d6t5 1 It begins again.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

A half-second passes, her eyes staring back at yours, and then you move.

Unarmed Combat: 14d6t5 5
Resisting breaking: 22d6t5 4

The handcuffs snap as you pull at them, and in a flash you've got the gun in your hand. In another heartbeat, you've got her Predator in your hands. As you move, one of the Firewatch members puts himself between Mrs. Johnson and you, and the others bring their weapons to bear and start shouting to put it down. What do you do? If combat happens, roll initative.

One of them spits out a string of words that you conclude must be some racial comments about Orks, and they start to step up to you. As the first one starts to come at you, you feel Jared's aura and then a bolt of energy sweeps past you, right into the guy's chest. It's sort of like watching someone get microwaved, his entire front region turning into a super-heated goo as he collapses at your feet. The others open fire.

Roll initiative.

You start cursing and moving away from the building, and Nightengale gets this little pouty face. "Are you serious? What's so bad in there that it's going to 'eat our souls'?"

She actually made finger-quotes while talking about her soul getting eaten, like she didn't care. But after another moment, she shrugged. "Fine, whatever. I figured I'd bring a mage along, help everything work out, but of course the world is just too big and bad and scary. Just all sorts of poo poo that might be fun that'll just kill you anyway. Even those foci you wear will do that..."

She looks at the house one more time, as if trying to decide if it's worth the risk going it alone, and then harumphs. "See you later, then, Bell."

She heads off into the crowded streets. What do you do?

You unleash streams of exploits and password guesses, pushing the quantum units in this deck as you go at your opponent. You grab a mark on him, finding an old default password for one of the agent request protocol ports, grabbing a hold on his system, but your agent has some trouble securing your own rig. You can use your free action to data spike, or rearrange your deck, or whatever, as the last part of your turn. With two marks on your rig, you brace for the data spike, but it doesn't come: instead the decker hits your security holes, trying to get a third foothole into your system, elevating his access to a root prompt: he's going for an outright Reboot. His agent, of course, is busy trying to scrub away your recent hooks.

Roll Intuition + Firewall against a 4.
- If you fail, the decker gets a mark on you and immediately sends a Reboot signal (a Free action, as discussed). If that happens, roll Willpower + Firewall against a 4 to keep from rebooting.
- If you suceed, you gain a mark on the decker.

Roll Willpower + Firewall against a 3. If you succeed, you keep your first mark mark.

Initiative
Decker + Decker's Agent: 18
Nina + Nina's Agent: 15

Desert Wars, where the main attraction is an infinite supply of deckers. :v:

You outright jack the guy, throwing him into an arm-lock doubly quick. You twist the gun out of his hand with ease, and it goes skittering across the floor as you wrap his arm into a kimura keylock and apply pressure to the shoulder socket. The guy is in a pinstripe suit, clean-cut, and looks like Yakuza if you had to guess. He stops moving, immobilized, but as he turns docile. He also starts to laugh. "drat, you just as good as you looked on the trid, man. Can I get your autograph? Maybe not on a cast..."

What do you do?

That makes sense, if it's a little silly. Also, extended tests lose one die every roll. So you should roll 11d6t5 + 10d6t5 + 9d6t5 + ... for each

You wander the streets looking for lunch, and walk past several poo poo holes in the wall until you find a place on a corner near the main strip. It's got an Arabic name, but under it in English it's called "Howling Cafe". Through the windows you see people in well-cut suits eating hundred-nuyen steaks and drinking scotches and martinis at lunch time: this was likely the place. Or maybe the one down the street that was selling dog meat, but this seemed a better bet if loving expensive. The hostess is looking at you nervously, though, like she's trying to decide if she should hit the security shutters before you start torching the establishment.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. White/Tony
"Relax. Relax. Relax. Stay calm soldier." White says as he ejects the clip, cocks back the predator to clear the round in the chamber and tosses the gun and clip over the balcony. He stands up, only able to hobble forward because of the leg restraints. "I understand you need to protect the principle but I want to continue talking to my employer, thats why I'm here right? Can we take this party off of the balcony please? And can you please take you and your squad the gently caress out of here if you aren't going to kill me. An NDA is part of my contract and last I checked Ares Europe Firewatch squads didn't have a need to know what poo poo I pull. Go secure the hallway or some poo poo." He looks back across to Jenaveve, past the Firewatch soldier, trying to see how she'll react. "Don't ever pull a gun on someone unless you intend to shoot. You wanna talk to me I'm here, you wanna kill me I might take a soldier down before I go but I'm here for that too. This is all about you so lets figure this thing out. Lets get you up to speed on the op."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 11, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

The Firewatch team pauses as you disarm the weapon, and then Mrs. Johnson's voice cuts in. "Stand down. He's mostly bark, boys. But stick close; sometimes he does bite."

She takes a few steps back into the executive suite and the Firewatch team backs up from you, milling about the room and keeping an eye on the situation: they aren't going anywhere, that much is clear. Mrs. Johnson sits one one of the large, plush couches in the suite and motions you toward the other. "I don't even want to be here, Tony, but you sure made a fine mess of things. If I can't keep you on a leash, Ares Europe has assured me they'll deal with the problem. Look, you aren't here for clandestine operations. Well, you are, but not ones of your own doing. Now what were you thinking, offering up Ares footage to a Shiawase executive? And what angle are you planning on playing here that isn't going to end up with you dead and cost me a shitload of face in Ares?"

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 11, 2014

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014
Franz Talhoffer

Initiative: 13+2d6 21

In the streets
"Autograff?" Franz' eyes widen, and he keeps his arm lock. "Vell my friend, perhaps present me vis a pen next time, ja? And zen ve von't end up vis this hapenning again. Mind explaining zat by ze vay? Ze gun, zat is." Franz keeps his arms locked in place, but retracts the gun barrels.

If the man turns out to be genuinely friendly, Franz picks him up, dusts him off, and takes a couple pictures with him. If not, then he'll be getting a smack to the back of the head to knock him out.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius
Nuyen: 15030 TV Rating: 11 Armor: 9 Condition: 0/11P 0/11S Edge: 1/3

Initiative #1: 13+4d6 28

First action will be a free one to pop Adrenaline Boost.

OOC: If you it would speed things up to roll for me in the future feel free, I can see it being a pain to look up iniative though so I'm happy to do it too.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. White/Tony
Tony takes the seat as he stretches his legs. "loving restraints. Can't even put my feet up like I like. Ok lets get you briefed. I'm guessing when I called into Bartlett she didn't forward you the message or any of the details right? On the footage, you gotta understand the way I introduced myself to these guys. We come up to the VIP me and my boy, these 50k nuyen Vashon Island wearing japs are in the booth playing hold'em. They call us over and invite us to play. You said it yourself, this town has all the arms dealers in the world right now. Where else are you gonna find the sharks but in the VIP of one of the hottest clubs in Tamanrasset. I don't know my japanese that well but I know a little of how you introduce yourself to a Shiawase guy. They call that poo poo Damashii or something. I gave him one of my business cards, in paper, what they called a meishi or myshy or something. I gave him my other business card, a Casino Playing card, the Ace of Spades with some skulls and bones on that poo poo. And I called him the japanese word for a professional go between, Naka-udo-san when I accepted their offer for the game. Without saying anything incriminating, apart from them knowing we were Ares from all the TV coverage, I let them know what I was here for. We played for quite a bit, hell I wish you were at the table with me, I took em for 150 grand in the first few hands. Those loving guys were mad as poo poo. As the game went on they wore me down, got me down to about 30k profit in winnings. We talked about why I was here, I told them I was looking to acquire that suit and the specifications. We kept on playing for a bit."

Tony looks to one of the firewatch soldiers. "You wouldn't happen to keep a pack on you, I could use a smoke right now? Anyone?" he says. Hopefully he gets one and gets to light up but either way he continues on with the story.

"The top guy of the group, the one who wasn't high as gently caress who called us over there to the table to play or the drunk ones. The guy that was most together leaned over and let me know the deal. They made it clear I wasn't gonna walk off that table with the money, two troll razorboys would ensure it and I mean I'm good and so was my partner but I don't think we'd have killed them fast enough to get away afterwards. We'd have certainly send those shiawase execs to hamburger heaven if they pushed the point. But whatever, he said for my 30k winnings plus a bit extra 50k total and us partying with them for the night they'd furnish me some next gen version of what I asked for. Of course they wanted some advertising, if any reporter asked me where I got it I had to give some line about how Shiawase hooked me up. Didn't sound that bad, whats a little drama on a loving TV Show. And if your guys gave me what the gently caress I asked for in the first place I wouldn't even had a chance to be in this situation. Thats neither here nor there though. Oh yeah he gave me some designer drug, some breathstrips that make you really trip out. They haven't kicked in yet at this point so calm yourself, what I'm telling you is accurate."

Tony puts his feet down and leans forward on his couch and talks low for Mrs. Johnson, he's smiling and laughs for a moment remembering one of the jobs he did for her in Seattle and how she took him out afterwards to eat. "Hey, you remember the first time you took me out to Downtown after a thing. Made a whole lot of fuss, sent me to some old italian tailor who measured me up and spit me back out with a 3 thousand nuyen suit, Black tie, red shirt, Black suit. Sent me to some stylist to make sure the look was just right. Took me out to The Gray Line, loveliest seafood I ever had underneath the Sound no less. Man I haven't seen real food in my life until that night and there were appetizers, pinot noirs, rock lobster tails two at a time. You told me to order whatever I liked. What did I do?" He says to Mrs. J.

"I believe the bill after we were done was a bit over 1k nuyen. I don't think you ever dreamed a skinny kid from the barrens could eat so much and you know what. Ever since that night I wanted more. For you and for me, the one who got me revenge on those Aztech fucks. I didn't forget that night at Matchstick's when you met me in person and gave me the details on the motherless gently caress who killed my sister and my niece, my god daughter because they couldn't get me. I didn't forget, I won't forget till I die what you've done for me, then and now."

"So while I was there sitting with those Shiawase guys I remembered another thing, you never take the first offer they give you. And I had this idea and I ran with it. Everyone in the games knows I'm a runner, Angie Ankh knows it even. Baby that means the entire civilized world knows what I am and you know perception is reality. I made my counter offer, I offered to freelance on their behalf. As long as Ares Macrotechnology was not involved in the slightest. Tried to hustle him for some deltaware that he would have no way of acquiring before the games start either in it being cultured, sent over, or being implanted in me. I asked him that poo poo to display some hunger, act like I wanted more than what I had. I offered a show of good faith, I described the S-K choppers that touched down you know where. I offered to give them photographic proof of its capabilities and nothing else as a gift. My partner backed my play of course. They rebuffed the last bit, stood to the original deal. Said some poo poo about ishin deshin and how I couldn't be seen associating with him until I've proven myself and cleaned up my act some. He mentioned introducing me to a guy named Kiyomoto in particular. Oh and they offered me 2k for the footage which is cute. Like I'm gonna give up info on a black op for 2k, I'm not that stupid. No I'm after bigger stakes and not to benefit them in the end thats for loving sure, gently caress the nips. After that I was blasted, those drugs kicked in. Still I talked to him a bit more in the limo to reassure him and sell myself a bit and then I enjoyed a after party. If you must know, yes, I still take french chicks two at a time. But apart from partying, expensive liquors, drugs, sex, and more sex my mind is blank on that bit. Woke up back in a some cafe with a french girl who I also chatted up, some ARO Software designer and thats that."

"My plan, for all that poo poo, was to get what I came for, get you a in into what Shiawase is thinking. Its like reverse interrogation you get yourself captured and based on what they torture the gently caress out of you to find out you know what they are worried about. I do have the guys commlink info, lets say you didn't spook the gently caress out of them by sending a squad in like this after me to have this talk. The plan was tonight, go see the decker who would have sanitized the footage so it couldn't incriminate Ares in the slightest. I promised photographic proof that means old school, that means a few pictures and thats it. They got reporters who got the video no doubt. The only person incriminated is me and you can't prove that poo poo in any court let alone the Corporate Court. The video, the full video was going to you so the boys in R&D would be able to see everything and figure out a counter to those things before S-K does something like slip a black ops team behind our lines and kill the poo poo out of us during the games. Or hell, do something to Ares assets across the globe."

"8 Hours ago or however long I actually got to sleep before these fine gents in black woke me up. I left a message for you detailing this though I kept it vague, even if it was a secure line. I sobered up a bit and realized I quite possibly might have got in over my head, this is a bit closer to the razor's edge than I normally am. I need someone smarter than me weighing in on this so I reached out to you. Pass the buck, whatever. If you wanna know what would have happened next if you hadn't came or gave me instructions this is how I planned to proceed."

"Leave the pictures on a chip at a dead drop, send invitations to french girl to meet me at some classy restaurant for dinner and bring a friend who speaks english for my boy. I'd link her the Matrix page of the restaurant to see if she liked it. Send the same message to the Shiawase guy but leave him GPS coordinates that he can AR direct someone to the drop. Bring my partner along for company and either it would be a hot double date, the Shiawase guys would have came to see us and we'd proceed from there, or if nothing happened return to base. I haven't made up my mind on whether I was going to play it legit with these guys and work with them or if I was going to simplify the situation and tie up all those irish pennants (loose strings). I was hoping you'd provide clarification on that. Irregardless, merely getting that suit off them would have been a boon, getting a first hand look at the competitions product, which I'd be happy to trade in for a Ares model without a second thought. I only buy American unless I'm trying to pin a thing on someone else or I have no choice, and that means Ares baby. Thats the brief boss lady. Do a little thing off the books to get you some intel into the enemy's thought process, some prototype gear if it is what they say it would be, and improve your standing if it all worked out. Or failing that, kill a whole bunch of their execs before I check out. Which I don't see anyone minding either."

Tony Rizzo lays back on the couch stretching his legs and trying to break the other set of restraints, simply because they were really cramping his style at this point. And the Ares Firewatch soldiers owned the room and they both knew it, no point in it wasn't able to be covered by at least two shooters with Ares Alphas. He turns over on his side and looks at Mrs. Johnson as he tries to do that with pure leg muscle power.

"You said you loving own me and its true but it ain't because of some contract. Its because 7 months ago I gave you a blank check, signed it and said put anything in there for the value up to and including my life. Blood is thicker than water and funny enough, you're the closest to that I got in this world. Isn't that some poo poo? So how do you want to do this? You gonna cut my string or you gonna send me into town to cut all those Shiawase guys strings. Or am I gonna run with this scheme I thought up. Whats next? Oh and can I please get another cigarette, anyone? Thanks you guys are the best."

Unarmed Combat (Break Leg Restraints): 14d6t5 5

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 12, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Stun 6/10
Edge 2/3
"Fine, look, I'll do it with you only because I can't stand to listening to you moaning that I havn't done anything for you," Bell motions for Nightingale to come back, "Stick with me and we will be fine."

Of course, if anything happens, there might happen to be a toxic accident. What a wonderful time not to be dressed for this party.

Closing her eyes, Bell points at Nightingale, motioning her to come on over next to her.

"Come on, come on, I havn't got all day."

[i]Casting Improved Invisibility at Force 6 1256t5 5 hits
Drain from Improved Invisibility: F(6) - 1 9d6t5: 1hits, 4 drain

AmyL fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 12, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

When you ask for a cigarette, Mrs. Johnson produces a pack, unopened, Dunnhill menthols---your brand---and a small lighter. She slides them across the table at you as you tell your story, and then she stares at you for a long moment before speaking. "Look, Tony, you need to understand the play. You are good at dancing on the edge, but this is the sort of place where the edge can slip out from under you. And you're a company man now, and there are eyes all over this city watching you, watching the Shiawase executives, watching me since I got off the suborbital. I know at least two Firewatch troops in this room are going to report my actions to four different people. Don't worry, boys, I don't know which two of you, and it isn't a particular concern of mine."

She sighs, and lights up one of your cigarettes herself. Then she heads onto the balcony and motions you to follow her, closing the doors behind her before the Firewatch troops could join you. "There's enough Ares power in this city that I got a phone call nine hours ago from my boss's boss that informed me I could either be on the next suborbital or you were getting geeked because you were playing games Ares Europe was uncomfortable with. You can't even hit the Shiawase execs in the city, it's so covered in sat feeds. Hell, even the armor you made a deal for is probably laced in all kinds of tracking poo poo. But we'll play it this way: I'll provide you doctored photos to feed your executive buddies through our decker friend, and you are going to dead-drop the suit to me within two hours of receiving it. I'll use it as a bargaining chip to get you whatever Ruthenium polymer clownsuit you'd like. But that's the end of your Shiawase business, and if they try to further it you check with me first."

She sighed and collected her gun, tossing her cigarette butt off the edge beforehand. "If this is going to work, then the leash is going to have to be short and visible to Ares Europe. They're stressed, worried about your psychological condition as it is with the jazz use. They aren't used to Desert Challenge competitors pulling shadowrun side-jobs and running the finest edge like you so often do. I had to put on a show for Firewatch, make it look like I'm as willing to off you as anyone else is when you run wild. But I can do a lot to protect you and dissuade their concerns if I know about the fires I have to put beforehand. And you better, because after this they're going to make me vap you if it comes to that, and I'll get vapped myself if I don't play ball."

She nods, satisfied with the conversation, but before leaving, she looks you in the eye and asks, "If you were just going to give them photos, why did you tell the decker to edit the video in the first place?"

This is a summary of the IRC session we had.

The combat unravels rapidly: you pull your magic forth while Bang geeks a ganger, planting the Executioner against his shoulder and emptying part of a clip into the rear end in a top hat. Then Jared does something weird, and a ton of mana percolates from his fingertips into the air. It coalesces into an area about 5 meters across, the edge just between you and the ganger you headed toward. The necrosis is almost immediate, mana brutalizing the gangers' cells. The guy in the big coat coughs up a bit of blood and then pulls out a little inhaler and takes a hit, like you've seen Mr. White do. His eyes light up when he does, the Jazz taking effect. Two of the others follow suit, the combat drugs hyping their senses. The last two start firing shotguns, one aiming at you and the other at Bang.

You slip aside cleanly, the shotgun roaring past you as you spend some time taking a defensive posture, but Bang eats the shells aimed at him. He looks a little dazed, but not really the worse for wear, his armor eating the pellets. As it turned out, even Ares' formal-wear was well-armored. Then you take position and close with the nearest guy, slipping your brass-knuckled hand out of your coat and into his jaw. Your hand keeps going, too, with magic and power behind it, fracturing the jaw and then his skull. He crumples into a pile of blood and teeth, and he's not going to get back up.

The guy in the armored jacket, probably the leader, starts spouting some Arabic and fires his machine pistol at you, the lovely Russian thing blowing past you and carving a nice Picasso into the ground as they whiff past you. Bang and Jared open up into the group with their Executioners, finding their marks with ease as the automatic weapons do their work. The only gangers left standing are the leader and some chick that looks twice as slow as anyone else in the fight. You close on the leader, who ducks your first punch and takes the opportunity to bolt, leaving Slowtoes by herself. The whole thing took less than three seconds, but there were four dead bodies as a result.

You grab Slowtoes by her collar and demand to know the leader's name. She says a bunch of poo poo in Arabic, and then eeks out some English: "Uh, fuckin' Blast. He fuckin' blast."

Then you inquire as to Bang and Jared's particular language inclinations, and Bang's more thanh appy to translate your message as you tell her neither her or Blast should ever show up here or around you again. As they flee, Bang pops a few rounds off from his submachine gun, digging up riverbed clay and laughing as they sprint faster. Bang lets out another laugh as he watches him flee. "Serves those punks right. Jared usually just makes us invisible if we get any trouble, but this time they got the trouble, didn't they."

You reply, "Man why didn't you tell me you could do that..? Oh well, maybe it will give the area a few weeks peace before more cockroaches pop up."

Jared gives you a grin, and says, "Yeah, figured stamping out some cockroaches would be for the best. Besides, I wanted to see what you could do, Darius. And you impressed, man. You ever need anything out in the desert, you comm me or Bang, right? Wolf, wanna roll these bodies or what?"

You bumped your loyalty up to 2 with both of 'em.

The man lets out a nervous laugh, his thick Mississippi accent bleeding out. "Sheet, friend, I was just tryin' a' see if you were the reel deel, ya know? And sheet yeah, you is. I'mma put all my money on you for highest fuckin' kill count. Now can I get ya' to autograph my Challenge all-access ticket, mayhap buy you a beer? You ain't gonna shoot me, right?"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. White meets Mrs. Johnsons gaze and just tells the facts. "How do you think he was gonna make the photos so I could deliver them? The video had to be cleaned anyway, metadata still shows on the photos from the frames he'd cut and digitally altered to my specifications. While he's at it, he might as well edit the whole loving thing. I didn't tell him more than he needed to know. Video was going to you, photos to Shiawase. Cleaned up video thats enhanced for your pleasure and cleansed of any incriminating poo poo in the event one of your three secretaries who you have as go betweens hits play instead of forward, or worse forwards it to everyone in the intranet. Thats par for the course, thats what you'd expect of me. If this shiawase angle didn't exist at all that question wouldn't have occurred to you at all."

Tony lights another dunhill and offers Mrs. Johnson one. "Stick around for a second would ya, the only friend I got out here is that guy I was doing the plate trick with, I dunno if you caught that on the flight over. Cover his rear end too, he's a good soldier, a good asset. And he owes me one because he knows he can count on me to cover his back from a klick away. I've proved it to him. That op was a shitshow by the way, I'm surprised we made it out without casualties let alone completed our objective, all of them." He takes another drag on the cigarette, exhaling out of his nose

"You can consider my mission parameters updated and clarified by the way for debriefing purposes. Unless this shiawase angle develops any further, I don't foresee any additional complications that'll require you to come back here in person. If company business does keep you here till tomorrow or so, I'll swing by and have a drink with you before you fly out. Good night Jenaveve, do tell the firewatch guys to remove the rest of the restraints so I don't look like I broke out of jail. Wonder how we're going to play this whole getting yanked out of bed by 8 commandos thing off. I think our old standby of Tony tried to hit on some executive's daughter or wife will work, Its even happened once already, probably anyway!"

With that, White steps off the balcony and steps back into the room and lets Mrs. J command the guys to clean him up and get the metal off his body. He'll head down to his suite and send a text comm back to Franz. [I'm good, whats your status bud?]

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 12, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

You two approach the door under your mask of invisibility. Nightengale tries the handle, though, and curses: it's locked. She mutters, "Can you magic this poo poo open, or should I get to work with some picks?"

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

before you get back inside, she stops you by grabbing your shoulder, and she plants a kiss on your cheek from behind. "Tony, the desert's a dangerous place. I'll stick around, maybe a week. Let's get dinner tomorrow. And you stay safe out there. I need a guardian angel to watch my back, and you're the one I want."

She follows you inside and directs Firewatch to remove the shattered restraints, watching the situation resolve itself. When you're cut free, she nods and walks you out, insisting you two get the elevator alone. "Look, I'm sorry about the show, but it was pretty necessary. I trust you, but like I said, they have to think you're on a leash. So you want to run against someone, do some poo poo..."

She got quiet for a moment, but the sort of silent you knew well: she didn't want to have to tell you not to jeopardize Paris, and she knew better than to have to tell you. As you step off the elevator onto your floor, she smiled ans said, "Okay, so just... don't die, and I'll tell your decker to report to me instead of Europe, if that'll fly."

The doors closed just then, and you watched the elevator descend. What do you do?

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Must not strangle her, must not give in to simply snap and and, Bell shakes her head, planting a hand on her forehead over how this little expedition to find something is going.

"Pick it. The more magic I use, the more chances are that some sorry excuse for a mage might be able to find out that we are doing something we are not suppose to be doing or worse, and no, don't ask me what the worst thing could be, alright?"

Bell clenches her hands again, so tempted to give in her impulse to run like hell.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Stepping off the elevator, he goes into his room, gets dressed quickly and goes to find Franz. Once he's sure his partner hasn't been geeked for being involved in his poo poo its time to visit the decker. He'll discuss it with Franz the recent events before they go in. While thinking about his contacts he calls up two people on his commlink.

Cpl. Mirialis "Miriya" Santana A. Co, Squad A4 (Recon) (Connections 2/Loyalty 1)
"Remember all that poo poo you were talking about whose the better shooter? See if you can swing it by Top and your squad leader to have me crosstrain with you guys tommorow. Let me know what time."

Shiner: Ares corp helicopter pilot in Tamanrasset (Connections 3 /Loyalty 1)
"I owe you a couple of rounds. You got time to meet up tonight or tommorow?"

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 13, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius
Nuyen: 15030 TV Rating: 11 Armor: 9 Condition: 0/11P 1/11S Edge: 1/3

"I kind of doubt that they have anything valuable, but not like they have any use for any of it now. Sure, let's do a quick check and then head home. Wouldn't want to be late to training on the first day." He smiled at his friends and then made a quick check of one or two of the bodies.

Searching the bodies: Perception: 8d6t5 5

As he searched the bodies the combat played back in his mind and it dawned on him that Bang had taken a shotgun blast. Turning to him inquisitively: "You all right by the way? You look fine, but a shotgun is a shotgun and sometimes..."

Resist Drain - Attribute Boost: Agility #1+2 combined: 11d6t5 3

Darius trails off as his face takes a pained expression. He hadn't remembered to prepare his mind to resist the increased drain of invoking the agility of the wolf twice. He fended off the majority of the assault, but his defense was imperfect and when he looked up his skin seemed to be a bit paler.

"And the wolf takes his due. It'll be fine though, as far as drain goes this is as minor as it gets."

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 12, 2014

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014
Franz Talhoffer

In the streets
"I still have a little time to burn, sure why not?" Franz releases the man, and signs the ticket. "So, you are a fan of ze wars, ja? I used to vatch zem at home in Berlin. Never thought I vould ever be a competitor, but here I am, three years later, with training this afternoon. What are you drinking? Ze first round is on me, I did throw you after all." He'll keep the man chatting at the bar, but not drinking too much before training.

ViscerusIgnea fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 12, 2014

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 7480 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 14 Edge 5/5 Karma: 0
Balls, sorry about that. Yes, it is silly but I am feeling pretty cocky about the number of soak dice I can throw.

Matches, using all of his limited charm and grace, asks for a table on the patio.

Eschewing the liquor the other patrons seem to be enjoying, Matches orders beer, and asks for the largest glass they have. Ordering the largest steak on the menu, he settles in for some serious lunch and a nice smoke after.

QuantumNinja posted:

That makes sense, if it's a little silly. Also, extended tests lose one die every roll. So you should roll 11d6t5 + 10d6t5 + 9d6t5 + ... for each

You wander the streets looking for lunch, and walk past several poo poo holes in the wall until you find a place on a corner near the main strip. It's got an Arabic name, but under it in English it's called "Howling Cafe". Through the windows you see people in well-cut suits eating hundred-nuyen steaks and drinking scotches and martinis at lunch time: this was likely the place. Or maybe the one down the street that was selling dog meat, but this seemed a better bet if loving expensive. The hostess is looking at you nervously, though, like she's trying to decide if she should hit the security shutters before you start torching the establishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bumping to say I changed my last post significantly. Reaching out to some contacts, let me know the result when you can quantumninja.

• Locked thread