Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

Bell 'Casustic Bell' Underhilde

Been there, done that and it wasn't worth the effort. Not that life was boring for Caustic Bell but when you are a part of a mercenary outfit among the borders of Aztlan-CSA, the chance to show off is nil. The job for the past ten years was border patrol, nothing special or glamorous even when riding on a horse twice to three times your size.

During a lull in her leave, she spent some time at the local Stonecutter's Guild, a organization that promtes to causes of dwarfs, stating frankly she hated doing what she was doing during a dinner. One of the notable corp dwarfs noted her and passed her complain on to someone else and that someone else passed it to someone else till an invitations to join the Desert Wars this season was extended, with the expectations that she do some good or else.

pre:
Priorities
C:Dwarf (1 Edge)
B:Attributes  (20)
A:Magic:  Magic 6, two Rating 5 Magical skills, 10 spells 
C:Skills 28/2
E:6,000

Body:3(4) 1 point
Agi:1 (3) 2 points
Rea:1 (3) 2 points
STR:3 (4) 1 point
Wil:2 (5) 3 points
Log:1 (4) 4 points 
Int:1 (4) 3 points
Cha:1 (3) 3 points
Edg:1+1 (3) 1 points  
Magic 6
Essence 6  
Dwarf Racial: +2 dice for pathogen and toxin resistance, +20% increased Lifestyle cost, Thermographic Vision

Positive Qualities:
Mentor Spirit (THUNDERBIRD)5 points 

FOCUSED CONCENTRATION 16 points Rank 4 She is able to sustain
one spell/complex form with a force/level equal to her
Focused Concentration rating without suffering any
penalties.

Negative Qualities:
DISTINCTIVE STYLE 5 points (Finishing someone off with the background to music)

Bad Luck 12 points Anytime Edge is used, roll 1d6.  If a 1 is rolled, the affects of Edge are polarized.

Tradition: Air
Mentor Spirit:  Thunderbird
All: +2 dice for Intimidation Tests
Magician: +2 dice for summoning spirits of air

DISADVANTAGES
A Thunderbird magician must succeed in a Charisma
+ Willpower (3) Test to avoid responding to an insult in
kind.

Free Skills:
Summoning 5+1=6 (INT) 
Counterspelling 5+1=6 (Magic)
Non-free Skills: 
Assensing 3
Demolitions: 4
Spellcasting: 6
Piloting:  Horse 1
Perception: 4
Running: 2
Swimming:1
Automatic: 4
Automotive Mechanic: 2
Skill Group:
Outdoors 2

Knowledge Skills:
English N
Arabic 4
Action movies 5 1970-2010
Pop Music 4 1970-2010

Contacts

Robert August Hasseback II Business Agent 3/4

Dr. Benny Long Mercenary Doctor 1/1

New Contacts!
Jllian 'Nightingale' Mannering Human scout/recon adept Bravo: Contact Rating 1d4: 1. 
1/3 The Haunted House incident
Jack 'Anywhere Jack' Matlock Human squad leader/scrounger Alpha: Contact Rating 1d4: 4.

Full Helmet Vision Enhancements
Low-Light 500
Flare Compensation 250
Smartlink 2,000
Vision enhancement R2 (1,000)
Vision magnification (250)
4,000 * .90 = 3,600
(400)

Ares Alpha 5 (7) 11P –2 SA / BF / FA 2 42 (c) 11F 2,650¥ (comes with a free smartlink system!)
Shock pad — 2 (50)
Imaging Scope (300)
Vision Enhancement R3 (1,500)
Gas-vent system R3 (600)I-
Grenade Launcher 4 (6) — — SS — 6 (c) — —
5,100 * 90% = 4,950
250 final cost

Clothing, assorted, decent stuff to wear: 6,000 budgeted Ares Wear like Ares Aviator Jackets etc
6,000 * 90% = 5,400
600 final cost
Glasses: Ares Aviator glasses R4 (400) * 4 =1,600
Flare Comepensation 1 cap 250
Image Link 1 cap 25
Vision Enhancement 2 CapR2 1,000
6,700 * 90% = 6,030
670 final cost

Goggles: Ares Aviator goggles R6 (300) * 4 =1,200
Flare Compensation 1 Cap (250)
Image Link 1 cap (25)
Smartlink 1 cap (2,000)
Vision Enchancement 2 Cap R2 1,000
Vision Magnification 1 cap 250
15,300 * 90% = 13770
1,230 final cost

Flashlights (25) * 5 =125
Light Stick (25) * 5 = 125
Magnesium torch — (5) * 5 =25
Micro flare launcher: (175) * 2 = 350
Micro Flares = (25) * 50 = 1,250
Respirator R6 (300)*4 =1,200
Survival Kits (400) * 4 =1,600
Biomonitor (300) * 1 = 300
Medkit R6 (1,300) * 2 = (2,600)
Medkit Supplies (100) * 5 =500
Tool kit (500) * 2 =1,000
9075 * 90% = 8168
907 all together

4,707 Ares items
Hermes Ikon Device R5 3,000
Biometeric Reader 1 cap 200
Trodes 2 Cap 70
Subvocal Microphone 50
Datasofts:
20th-21st Movies 120
20th-21st Music 120
Mapsoft:
Libya 100
Shopsoft Libya 150
3 Silver Credsticks 60

8,517 nyugen!  God bless Ares, mom, and apple pie
(Didn't purchase ammo or magazines yet.)

Spells:
SILENCE Type: P  Range: LOS (A)
Duration: S  Drain: F - 1
TRID PHANTASM Type: P  Range: LOS (A)
Duration: S  Drain: F
IMPROvED INvISIBILITY Type: P  Range: LOS
Duration: S  Drain: F - 1
DETECT ENEMIES, EXTENDED
Type: M  Range: T
Duration: S  Drain: F
FLING
Type: P  Range: LOS
Duration: I  Drain: F – 2
ANALYZE MAGIC 
Type: P  Range: T
Duration: S  Drain: F – 3
DETECT [Explosives]
Type: P  Range: T
Duration: S  Drain: F – 2
ANTIDOTE
Duration: P  Drain: F – 3
HEAL
(ESSENCE)
Duration: P  Drain: F – 4
HYDRATE
Type: P  Range: S 
Duration: T  Drain: F-1
ACID STREAM
Type: P  Range: LOS  Damage: P
Duration: I  Drain: F – 3

AmyL fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Relax, smile, and get through to it. You are out here suppose to be a good time, not hole up in your cramped bunk before work starts, Bell grumbles while sweeping her eyes from the myriad colors of the masses playing soldier, waiting at Training Facility B for the next stage.

Like yourself. Remember? No pay, no play so you got to go out to play.

She glances over at Mr. Wunderbar and Blondie bubbling on and on, wondering what the hell is their deal.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

QuantumNinja posted:

As all of you settle in, you see a young man come in, dressed in a Hugo Boss pinstripe from two years ago. He smiles at you all and nods, giving a flick of his wrist as a wave. His English is shockingly good, and it seems to have a practiced British sound instead of a heavy German accent. "Hello, Vance Kantor, Executive Assistant to Mr. Johansson at Ares Europe. As you may know, we've also responsible for Ares' Middle Eastern operations, and we typically oversee the more technical details of the Desert Challenge. Obviously, our entertainment branch deals with the public-facing side of things, but Mr. Johansson and Ares Europe has been entrusted with managing Alpha Company this year. Now, if you'll follow me to the conference room on the second floor, we've got an exciting and time-sensitive objective that will serve to further Ares Europe's financial security as well as help prove this new squad to Mr. Johansson himself."

You follow him up to the second floor, to a large room with a glass table and high-backed, pleather chairs. Inside the room, Kantor activates an area jammer and then he offers out a stack of manila folders. Inside is a map of a large asphalt strip and supporting facilities, and from the coordinates you'd guess it's about an hour east by air. Also inside are a number of satellite photographs of the airfield dated earlier in the afternoon, showing the asphalt covered in dozens of light helicopters, bearing all sorts of news outlet logos.

"About an hour east of here, the Algerian government in conjunction with the Desert Wars Committee has been kind enough to offer every news outlet housing and parking for their coverage helicopters. It was proposed a few weeks ago that we intercede. We've got a Lockheed troop transport on standby, which will take you most of the way out there. Your mission is to destroy as many of those helicopters as possible, using the provided munitions, in order to make it appear that Berber rebels have attacked the location. It must look like Berber rebels opposing the games. Costumes will be in the troop transport.

"When you destroy these helicopters, Ares will graciously offer to lend out a shining new fleet of Ventures to the reporters that have lost their transportation. The expected result is that it will appear most news teams are using Ares hardware by choice, and it will also make our corporation seem more gracious. It's free advertising for the next four months. We'd like this dealt with in the next few hours. Resistance should be light, but you have strict orders not to harm civilians. Are there any questions?"

"Let me start off with a few simple questions Mr. Kanton," Bell stands up respectfully, tilting her head to stare up at the EA rep, "Who is the OPFOR, do they have magical, artillery, aerial, and other types support, how authentic does it have to be, will it be filmed, and by strict orders not to harm civilians, you means that if they need to be restrained for their own protection so they don't suffer any life-threatening injuries?"

"No problems with the parameters, only curious regarding a few things."

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

"Regarding the civilians, are there anyone in the group that are magically active?" Bell pipes up, "So I need to know how subtle I can be."

Or not to be, that is the question!

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Nuyen: 20000 Rating: 7

Bell glances at whatever is inside the dossiers for any additional informations, scanning them in her comlink to take another look at them when she receives a message on the team's coordination channel.

Time to kill, time to make friends, or both in this desert, Bell sighs, heading out to shred her copy of the dossier before heading over to airfield.

-----

Once she arrives to the roof, she beelines towards Dess.

"The briefing seems simple enough," Bell deadpans, wondering what reaction she would get. "All we got to do is kick the tires and light the fires."

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Nuyen: 20000 Rating: 7

"Gods know fast enough to please our employers," Bell shrugs cheerfully, turning towards Nina, "How do you do the things that you do so well that seems like voodoo to everyone around?"

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Nina Walker
TV Ratings: 7.5

"Would you be able to keep an eye on the civvies inside the place?" Bell inquires of Nina, taking a look at the diagram closely. "I am sure I can whip out something to keep anyone involved to stay out of it but I rather not have to do it since I'm helping Matches with the kablooie stuff."

Bell glances over at Matches checking off their supply of explosives. "Hey Matches, split some of that stuff up, will ya? Sometimes a girl has to do her own work without resorting to the magicks all the time."

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

[Let me take a look in astral space to make sure they have nothing going on before I start casting anything,] Bell glances at Nina, trying hard not to shake the cold clinging sand from her desert garb all over.

[We got time, right?]

pre:
1x Berber Desert Garb
1x Armor vest  Rating 9
Electronics
  Subvocal Microphone
1x Meta link Comlink
1x Goggles
  /w Image Link
  /w vision enchancement
  /w vision magnification
  /w Flare Compensation
Weapons
  *AK 97                2 clips |  
        Dam 10P         Acc 5(6)        AP -2           Mode SA/BF/FA   RC 0            Ammo 38c

Ammo                                    
  *AR Ammo 76
1x day of MREs' and Water
3x Grenades, Thermal
5x Explosives
5X detonators timers

Assensing: 3+3: 6d6t5: 5
...what a roll

AmyL fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 3, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Edit

AmyL fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 7, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

"Ah yea, sure, right," Bell blinks when she sees the boring mundane world again. "Watch your feet, um, sure yea, give me a moment, let take care of something before we start."

Her hazel eyes shift in concentration, wordlessly mumbling over and over again while her hands are outstretched.

Improved Invisibility (Force6) Magic 6 + Spelling Casting 6 [Force 6] = 12d6t5: 5hits
Drain: Logic + Willpower = 9d6t5 2 hits
Ok, the spell was 6(Force)-1=5 so the drain value was 5 but since I only got 2 hits, I'll take 3 stun damage from the spell.

Bell disappears after a moment, no trace of her and the equipment anyway except for some sand scattered where she has been standing.

"Alright, going to do my part Matches. Try not to ignite anything so I can have a nice seat to view our handiwork," she grins, sticking her tongue out at them knowing that no one can see her at the moment, then turns around to head off to place her charges on the side of the chopper closest to the one next to it.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Bell picks up the pace when the gunfire and explosions break out, having no desire to hang around any longer than needed.

8+1d6: Init 13

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Bell will be running to the area that MAtches toward her to put the explosives at.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

[I got it, I got it, working the NW section and making my way down. I'm doing my job so do yours ok?]

Ok, short and sweet, I'm should be able to run over to the NW side where the helicopers are at and start putting explosives. Do I roll a normal skill roll involving Demolitions or do I need to take a penalty?

Speaking of which, rolling Demolitions

Demo 4 + Logic 4: 8d6t5:2
Using Second change to reroll my failures
6d6t5: 3
Bad Luck 1d6: 6 No Effect!
5 Hits total!

AmyL fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 7, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Body 12/12
Stun 4/10
Edge 3/3
Rating: 7
Nyugen: 20k

Summoning Spirit of Man [Force 6}: 12d6t5 6
Spirit of Man to resist 4
2 services!
Resist Drain 8d6t5 4
Stun to 4

:Hey hey, give me a few minutes, putting on a show for the folks all around so they know not to gently caress around trying to get the shot for the folks back home. Can you put it to 10 minutes? Thanks Matches, you are good.

Bell cuts off her transmission after setting the last of the explosives, grumbling over why it isn't fair that the dwarves got the short end of the stick. Someday, there will come a time where the Stonecutter's Guild will rise up and cut everyone not pro-dwarf down to size.

Shaking her head in amazement over the poo poo she can bring up during the fight, Bell turns around to examine the potential cause for trouble that could come from housing and the guard outpost. Right away, a plan sparks in her brain over the best way to take care of it.

Scare the poo poo out of them

Right away she closes her eyes and begins to chant, forming a picture of her mind of what she wants. The picture of man's folly, where nothing ever changes, no matter what time or day. Wincing, she shakes her head when a mental sledgehammer tries to smash through the mental walls of her brain but shakes it off, opening her eyes to stare at a ragged, wild-eyed man wielding a claymore muttering something about the Clan MacLeod.

"Hey, enough of it. I need two things from you till sunrise," Bell snaps at the spirit, "Look like Death, from the Seven Sins and go back and forth scaring the living poo poo out of anyone not with me, keeping them away from the helicopters. No deaths but if anyone is brave, smack them hard The south side for the helis are going to blow up in a few minutes while the north half in 15, so you won't be surprised. Those two things, got it?"

"Got it," the spirit replied flatly, unsubtly shifting its color and look, from an imposing claymore to a blood-dripping scythe, a kilt to black robes reeking of rot and menacing of death. Turning around, it begins to head towards the fight to do its thing.

Scare the living crap out of people.

ooc:Basically, the Spirit is going to use Fear with his Innate Power Trid Phantasm to patrol back and forth from the guard outpost to the towers, ensuring no one gets close to the helicopters unless they can take a pummeling.

AmyL fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 10, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Body 12/12
Stun 4/10
Edge 3/3
Nyugen: 28k
Karma 8
Eat, shower, and sleep, Bell winces over her exhaustion, trying not to pant, let alone gasp in breath while heading towards the common area. Ripping and tearing through an unidentified MRE for a little substance, hitting up the showers to get the sand and dust out of her, and then half-shambling, half-wincing over to her bunk, having no desire to do anything but catch a quick nap.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

pm or am?

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

[Bell]

Bell pounds the com-link's snooze button with her fist. Staring at the ceiling, she wills herself to get up when she sees her com-link show the time is 0600 in bright green numbers. Grousing, she stands up on the bed and get ready to fresh up for the day. Semi-casual formal, she thought while heading to the bathroom. To show that she wasn't a thug or a knuckledragger but also she wasn't a pretty face.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Body 12/12
Stun 10/10
Edge 3/3
Karma 8

Beards optional, oh loving ha. The time will come where we burn Tolkien's works in a fire for him perpetuating that piece of bullshit lore, Bell angrily erases the message. After a few moments, she taps her comm-link to look for a listing of tailors that sell formal attire along with emergency tailoring.

Several hours later...

Crepes....,Bell heads over to the buffet table, nodding and smiling towards the milling crowd while taking advantage of her status to snatch a few for herself. A shame she probably couldn't catch a few for the road but probably not the best idea to ask for take-out at a fancy place.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

"Of course, of course," Bell nods back, inwardly sighing that she has to let go of the raspberry crepe. Maybe another time. "Lead the way so we can get this thing started up."

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

After getting passed the pleasantries and right into the meat of the interview,
Bell is starting to have second thoughts abouts it, then additional thoughs about fling the trid-camera
whatever right on top of the reporter's head, claiming it was a freak accident.

"To start off, how would you describe yourself?"

"I describe myself as someone making a living and a name for themselves in the
wonderful world of private military contractors! Really, I am a hard-working metahuman
looking forward!"

"How is your squad? Any complaints? I understand you're in with fellow dwarf, including one Heinrich Berchtold. How do you think that your relationship with him will shape future portrayals of Dwarf relationships in the trideo medium?"

"Oh, we seem to be excellent working well." Especially when those yahoos work without a safety net
Innovative and always seem to be several steps ahead." Walking off a cliff or boat With Heinrich Berchtold, well, like any other relationship regarding media. Get yourself an agent.

"What do you want your legacy to be?"

"Do you have any regrets?"

"Regrets? Why waste time with regrets when you can take the bull by its horns to sieze the day?"

"How is Ares as an employer? How long have you worked for them, and what do you enjoy about working with them? What don't you enjoy?"

"I have been working for Ares for several months. They are pretty good and the thing I like about them
that they strive to reward those that achieve success and punish those who don't with failures. A refreshing
change from other corporations that seem to change their policies day by day based on whim."

"When you have children, what will you tell them about your time here?"

"That desert and dessert are two different words."

"You've clearly made it. What kind of message do you have for the Stonecutters members out there in the lower rungs? Do you think that your life decisions have been wise ones?"

"Where do you see your career going after this escapade? Something quiet? Do you want to move up in Ares? Move laterally, to some of their military units?"

"You can't say you have made it till you cross the the finish line, otherwise you will probably have your legs blown off, your head decapitated, and [insert other gruesome comments when you dance around with demolitions in an attempt to make the interviewer sick to see what she got.] Otherwise," Bell flashes a cheerful smile, "and this is for the Stonecutters out there, you have to be sociable and never be stuck in a rut."

"How do you feel about your magical abilities? They aren't something many people have. Clearly they give you some kind of advantage, but how far do you think you can get on talent alone?"

"I feel that I can always be learning more about the wonderful world of magic and that I'm lucky to have them. However, I never got by on talent alone because you have to show your face to people and be able to socialize with them.

"Is it true that you once sabotaged a Tir Tairngire ship carrying relief aid for 20,000 nuyen? Actually, according to my file here, it says that 20,000 was the going rate, but you, and I'm quoting, 'Would do this job for half the pay', and accepted only 10,00 as your fee? Do you have a comment on that?"

Bell coughs slightly, "I'm not going to say I'm going to be honest because it is a cop-out but I have always been an equal opportunity contractor based off of species when it comes to the matter of blowing stuff. Also, I underbidded cause I needed the job at the time. Bad mistake, I barely broke out even."

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Body 12/12
Stun 4/10
Edge 3/3
Rating: 7 + 3(TV Interview)
Karma 8

Thank you whatever that that is over,Bell sighs in relief, heading out of the room to get some fresh air. The question regarding the relief ship should have not come as a surprise to her but..

She pauses before the buffet table, seeing that there are no more crepes. "drat it, war is hell after all," she mutters sadly, a bit pissed off as she turns around to check out any familiar faces in the crowd.

Seeing a couple, she heads over towards them, doing the social thing to keep up appearances, killing time, and hoping they don't ask her to move a dead body so early in the day. Hopefully....

Jillian 'Nightingale' Mannering Human scout/recon adept Bravo: Contact Rating 1d4: 1. Notorious in Ares's military wing due to how gloomy she is off the field, to the point that she was given her nickname for her ability to drive those having a good time to the point of suicide. Kept on cause she is able to infiltrate without even being known she was here.

Jack 'Anywhere Jack' Matlock Human squad leader/scrounger Alpha: Contact Rating 1d4: 4. Transferred from Ares UCAS to fill a vacancy for the Desert games. Recently promoted, suspected to be an expert in acquiring stuff recently fallen off a truck. Always seems to have something handy that is not on the property books. Never caught with stolen property but rumors persist to this day regarding the trade-in of a pair of cement mixers to the UCAS Navy in exchange for fire support.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

"Sure, why not?" Bell quips, not having anything to do till the evening regarding her secret dinner meeting to discuss plans how the dwarfdom will be on top of everything, just like the Illumanti.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

QuantumNinja posted:

Rating 10
Nightengale walks with you through the streets, past skyscrapers into the smaller homes of the area, old ones made of crumbling mud and white stone. Within thirty minutes of walking, you come to a larger one, and she points. "It's there. They call it the 'Watching Hut', because people say that they see people looking out of the windows all the time. It's technically closed to the public, but I was wondering if you could do something to make us a little... less visible. What do you think?"

You can definitely feel some sort of aura coming off of the building, but it isn't clear what's there.

"I think you are going to owe me quite a bit, that is what I think," Bell shakes her head, annoyed beyond measure, "But sure, I can do 'something' to make us a little less invisible so we can take a look to see who is suppose to be looking at those that look at them."

The belligerent dwarf clasps her hand and closes her eyes, wishing that she still had a crepe while getting ready to take a peek at the place in her astral form.

ooc:Analyze Magic: 12d6t5 : 4 hits then hitting up the astral plane
Assensing: 9d6t5: 1 hit spending Edge to reroll 8d6t5 0
Perception: 8d6t5 : 2 hits
Drain from Analyze Magic: F(6) - 3 9d6t5: 3 hits, no drain

AmyL fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 10, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Body 12/12
Stun 4/10
Edge 2/3
Rating: 7 + 3(TV Interview)
Karma 8

"No, gently caress no, hell no, no way, not at the moment," Bell shakes her head vehemently, shaken a bit by her trip in the astral plane over how little she was able to gleam, "We go in right now and we won't be come back out again. That place is not only haunted but it is waiting for suckers like us to go in."

She inhales sharply, trying to calm herself down, "Look, if you really, really want to go in even if I said not to, at least find out more about the place and bring me back so I can do a more in-depth look. I know you will go in anyway without me but please, please, I'm beginning you, at least find out more about it."

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Stun 6/10
Edge 2/3
"Fine, look, I'll do it with you only because I can't stand to listening to you moaning that I havn't done anything for you," Bell motions for Nightingale to come back, "Stick with me and we will be fine."

Of course, if anything happens, there might happen to be a toxic accident. What a wonderful time not to be dressed for this party.

Closing her eyes, Bell points at Nightingale, motioning her to come on over next to her.

"Come on, come on, I havn't got all day."

[i]Casting Improved Invisibility at Force 6 1256t5 5 hits
Drain from Improved Invisibility: F(6) - 1 9d6t5: 1hits, 4 drain

AmyL fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 12, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Must not strangle her, must not give in to simply snap and and, Bell shakes her head, planting a hand on her forehead over how this little expedition to find something is going.

"Pick it. The more magic I use, the more chances are that some sorry excuse for a mage might be able to find out that we are doing something we are not suppose to be doing or worse, and no, don't ask me what the worst thing could be, alright?"

Bell clenches her hands again, so tempted to give in her impulse to run like hell.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Stun 6/10
Edge 2/3

Edit: Posting

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Stun 6/10
Edge 2/3

"You are the god drat scout, you can't handle a booby trap stating that we are loving here," Bell hisses at Nightingale, pissed off beyond all measure with how sneaking in a perfectly haunted house is getting blown to kingdom come. Well, not literally, not yet anyway.

"Fine, whatever, I got this." Again, Bell shakes her head but mentally casts her eyes over willing the alarms to stop their wailing. "Don't bother talking when we are here cause no one is going to be doing anything vocal for a bit.

If I hear another bright idea coming out of you, you are going to be going going gone

Casting Silence at Force 8(f)-1 Since I'm sustaining 2 spells, -4 10d6 3 hits
Drain at 7 hits 9d6t5 5 hits so 7-5=2 stun damage which is at 4/10

AmyL fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 13, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Edge 1/3
ooc: Oh yea? Well, Bell takes it with 7d6t5: 2 hits, spends an Edge to reroll failures, 5d6t5 for 2 more hits, making it my 4 to your 2.

Bad Luck 1d6 4

So Bell takes it and if she has to warn Nightingale, she will.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

"Hey, remember I can make the hostages disappear along with a distract if you need me to. Tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it. Within reason and what I know," Bell adds in dryly, waggling her fingers towards the group.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Edge 2/3

Bell hums inwardly, happy over the prospect of action over beings of flesh instead of beings of the ether, spirits, and or air. "I presume you want me to be checking for explosives, grenades, IEDs, flashbangs, the fun stuff that makes you want to go boom?"

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Bell
2/3 Edge

A little of this
DETECT ENEMIES, EXTENDED at Force 4
Force 4 + Magic 6 = 10d6t5: 5 hits
Resist Drain: 8d6t5 3 hits so 1 stun damage

And a bit of that
DETECT EXPLOSIVES at Force 6 - 2 = 4 Drain
Force 6 + Magic 6 = 12d6t5:[/url 4 hits
[url=http://orokos.com/roll/199153] Resist Drain 8d6t5
1 3 stun damage

4 stun damage all together.

"The finer aspects, like anything else is to never get caught in anything you do. Ever," Bell remarks back to Darius regarding the finer points of astral scouting, "Speak of which, I done my part."

AmyL fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 6, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Bell
2/3 Edge
6/10 Stun

Bell holds up her right fist, motioning the group to halt what they are doing and pay attention to her

"Explosive on the underside of the tunnel's entrance and a whole bunch of magic-magic something somethings down the tunnel, maybe 100 meters more or less," Bell whispers softly, "I can't tell if they are human or animal but they are live. Excluding anything else but I'm not popping in the astral for a look-and-see cause I don't know what they can do."

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Bell
2/3 Edge
6/10 Stun

"I prefer not to cast anything else at the moment unless we really, REALLY, really need to get pass them," Bell remarks, making sure her things were up to snuff on her pack before readying her weapon of choice, loading it up with Stock-n-Shock to ensure that things can only get shocking from here.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

ooc: Dibs on middle rear cause I'm going to cast stuff later on once we are about 200m away from the target.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Bell
2/3 Edge
6/10 Stun

Come on, come on, what we got here, Bell mutters inwardly, trying hard not to claw her way to illumination in astral space.

Perception: 8d6t5: 4 hits
Assensing: 8d6t5: 4 hits

AmyL fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 18, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Bell

Init Astral 14

Will post later. placeholder

AmyL fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 20, 2014

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Bell
2/3 Edge
6/10 Stun

Well, stealth is not a loving option now with these morons,Bell groans over the thought of bailing out the group again, then snaps out of it by concentrating on the perfect elemental spirit to get them out of this jam along with making her look good for the ratings.

Summoning Spirit of Earth(Force 6): 12d6t5 7! hits services
Optional powers Concealment, Confusion, and Elemental Attack
Drain 8d6t5: 2 hits and with a F6 Spirit, 6-2= 4 stun hits, dropping me to
2/10 Stun

ooc: Time to party!

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

QuantumNinja posted:

Roll your Earth Elemental's initiative and tell me what it does, assuming it rolls high enough to be up.

Earth Elemental init 11+2d6 18!

It is going to move forward towards the 2 Firewatch to act as make-shift cover, planning to simply push the both of them against the wall without harming them, yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

QuantumNinja posted:

AmyL, the fastest way do what you want, I think, is to have it materialize right beside them, which is a Complex Action. That said, this opens it up to physical attacks by them. If you'd prefer to do something else, like Binding, just lemmie know and we'll retcon.
ooc: Nope, I called it so I deal with the consquences. Let's see what happens next!

AmyL fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 28, 2014

• Locked thread